Hardcore Maniacs check in February 27, 2009

WD

Cathlete
I am taking a rest day today. I bought my grandson's over to spend the night last night and I have a family birthday dinner to cook later. Last night I started running a fever and having muscle aches. I still have a low grade fever so am hoping this all goes away. I really did want to do STS abs since I only did them once this week. I should finish off tomorrow then it is supposed to be recovery week. Although it appears I will have two rest days this week.

I made the muscle chow protein pancakes this morning for the grandsons. They thought I should put chocolate chips in them instead of nuts so we sprinkled a few mini chocolate chips on them. They each had 3 helpings. Little do they know they were eating something healthy;)

Last edited:
I did Bootcamp (the original) this morning. I wanted to do KBs this morning, but my back is just too tight at this point. Funny thing, even though I don't get DOMS from KBs I certainly felt which muscles had been hit hard while doing BC. Those that were still worn out started burning quickly and wanted to give out. I went twice as heavy or more than Cathe on BC, workout was 1 hour and I burned 527 calories.

DianeSue - I hope you feel better soon. Could you share the pancake recipe?

Yesterday was CC#4 - burned 450 calories doing a mix of bike, SM and TM. Today - very soon actually - my new arc trainer will arrive. Fingers crossed that it works!! STS legs are on tap for today as are abs - tried yesterday but still sore so just did a few moves and hope about 10 minutes today.

Linda - how is everyone at your house doing now??

Diane Sue - goodness - hope you feel better. Glad you are giving yourself a rest day.

Sonya - how was the wine? Sorry you had such a horrid day yesterday. Many, many hugs to you!!! How is your mom doing? I am doing CCPP tomorrow and will add you, your mom and your friend to my dedication list.

Char - so good to have you back 100% and I don't remember if I posted this or just thought it, but great news on Bobby!!!

Patti - I made the muffins. Halle ALMOST tried one! Then she started asking questions and looking too closely. What got her was the egg white/powdered mix part - looks sort of gooey. I like them - they make a great snack that I feel good about eating. Next time, I will add just a pinch of sea salt to the mix though. Did you notice them needing that? I eat very little salt and still, wanted to add maybe 1/8 tsp or so.

Morning Ladies - how is everyone?

Today I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred 0 phase II and Phase III. Good workout. It was tough. I am dragging this week. Work has been crazy and I went to the Nickleback concert Weds. night - so I was up much later than I normally am.

Diane Sue - boy you sure have had your share of colds and flu. I hope you feel better soon.

Linda / Shana - what is the arc trainer?

Take care all. It is stormy here and they are predicting snow tomorrow. We have out of town guests coming and I am worried that they will get snowed in. Is this bad for me to want them to leave before they even arrive?

Nice workouts everyone!!! Diane Sue, enjoy your rest day!

Today I worked Chest, Shoulders and Tricpes. Had a pretty good workout. It's weird, when I don't have to work and can sleep in and have the whole morning to do my workout I just don't feel like doing it. Weekends are the same way. You would think that when I'm home with a bit more sleep I would charged and ready to go. Not in my case. I seem to do better with my 6 a.m. workouts.

Anyways....

10 minutes on treadmill on 6% incline.

1 minute rest between each set.

CHEST
Barbell Bench Press:
55# - 15/15 (warmup)
85# - 10
87#- 10
90# - 10 (up 1 rep)

Incline Dumbbell Press:
35's - 10
37's - 10
40's - 9 (up 3#)
***It was hard hoisting these up into position. It's easier when I do flat presses.

SHOULDERS
Arnold Press:
12's - 15/15 (warmup)
17's - 10
20's - 10/10 (up 2 reps with last set)
***I'm getting sick of this exercise.

Lateral Raise:
10's - 10
11's - 10/10
***Shoulder is getting much better. Still have a little pain.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
55# - 15/15 (warmup)
70# - 10 (up 3#)
75# - 10 (up 5#)
80# - 8 (up 5#)
***Still love this exercise. Felt really strong today.

Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions:
55# - 10 (up 3#)
57# - 10/8 (up 2#)

That is all.....

Have a great day everyone!

Hey maniacs! I slept in today- 7:30. Ahhh. :) I have a private yoga session at 1 with my favorite yoga teacher, followed by a massage. I'm pretty happy about that! I need it.

Linda: I did the original BC this week too- the cardio always gets me in that workout. Glad everyone is back to normal at your house.

Shana: Yes about the salt- I forgot to mention that. It's been a while since I made them. I like them for an afternoon snack- the protein keeps me satisfied. Enjoy the arc trainer!

Ally: I like the Shred DVD- nice when you don't have a lot of time.

Diane Sue: Hope you feel better. DS's birthday party is tomorrow so I'm also cooking and planning for that today. Speaking of that, I have to go wrap some presents!

Sonya: I'm so sorry about your day yesterday- hope your evening and a little wine made it better. I have a question- I notice that you eat 1400-1600 calories, give or take a few. Aren't you 6 feet tall? I'm 5'9" and 140ish pounds and when I enter my info (including lean body mass) into the BFFM calculations for losing weight I still need 1800ish calories a day- that's with the conservative calculation. I hope you don't think I'm calling you out or anything, just curious about your goals. :)

A friend gave me the Abs & Pushups Plus by Ilaria Montagnani- I did my cardio yesterday morning and forgot my abs so I did this in the afternoon. It certainly isn't anything complicated but it was a nice little mini workout. I think it had 120 pushups total in various combos and some plank work.

Gotta run but wanted to stop in and say hello!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Went to chiro this morning. He was really impressed very much so how my neck is doing. Really feel more energy then I felt in AWHILE now because I know things are working more properly...all that tension and blockage is going away. I have to clean out the back of my truck today in the rain and wind lol. Gonna help my sister move on Sunday.

Today gonna dig up a workout in all my paperwork downstairs and do a chest/back workout I did with Debbie awhile back. I will go lighter with weights as I don't want to upset my progress in healing. Abs also.

Diane Sue,

Hope you feel better very soon so you can keep them "pages" of workouts going. hehe. I know you think you have been cutting back some, but alas, I tend to not agree. lol.

Debbie,

GREAT WORKOUT! Now I can understand why your triceps probably are looking good as the weight you are using is SUBSTANTIAL! BRING IT, GIRL!!!

Ally,

Enjoy the concert. Love them. Great band!

Shana,

That's a good burn for that workout. Nicely done! And, thank you!!;)

Linda,

Glad life has finially settled down and going good. You deserve a break for goodness sakes! Great job with the BC workout!

Linda, here is the recipe. I will say this one is called "Apple Walnut Protein Pancakes" But there are no apples listed in the ingredients. The first time I made them I just put a little unsweetened applesauce on them. I think some grated apple or blueberries would be good. The boys liked the mini chocolate chips that I put in them. I didn't use a lot and they used some margarine and sugar free syrup.

1 cup quick cooking oats( I used 1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup oat bran flour)
1/2 cup whole grain pastry flour
2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
1 1/2 teaspoons Hain Pure Foods Featherweight baking powder(this has no sodium and I had to go to the Akins Nutrion Center to get it)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese
3/4 cup fat free milk
1. coat non stick skillet with cooking spray, then wipe away excess with a paper towel and set aside the towel to use for between pancakes
Preheat skillet to medium low, then reduce heat to low.
2. combine dry ingrediets in a bowl and mix well. Then add the wet ingredients and mix.
3. Spoon about 1/2 cup batter into the skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or till golden brown and firm. Flip the pancake and finish cooking till golden brown. Remove to plate and wipe pan with the paper towel and repeat to make a total of 8 pancakes.
Makes 8 pancakes
per pancake: 126 calories, 9 gm protein, 16 gm carbs, 2 gm total fat, 0 gm saturated fat, 2 gm fiber, 51 mg sodium

TGIF!!!!! Today is turning out to be much better than yesterday! I opted out of the wine and went for the kick ass workout instead! Amazing how a great workout can change things around!

Shanna...Thank you! I love reading your posts about your DD and her food issues. My DS is a picky eater too. Except when it comes to junk food!
Diane Sue...Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you feel better so you can enjoy your GS b-day.

I have a question- I notice that you eat 1400-1600 calories, give or take a few. Aren't you 6 feet tall? I'm 5'9" and 140ish pounds and when I enter my info (including lean body mass) into the BFFM calculations for losing weight I still need 1800ish calories a day- that's with the conservative calculation. I hope you don't think I'm calling you out or anything, just curious about your goals. quote]

Patti...Yes, I am 6 feet tall and yes my calories are low. My goal is to get more definition and get that "cut" look. For the past two weeks I have been on a pretty strict diet to help me lean out. I am working with an on-line coach, Olesya Novik, and she has outlined a nutrition and training plan for me. I am in my second week and amazed with the results I am already seeing....especially in my abs! I will be sending her progress pics today and hopefully she will change up my nutrition plan a bit.

Hey Maniacs! Just finished up CLX Push Circuit #3 and Cardio Coach #4. Had a wonderful time! Need to go get a bunch of stuff for the shower tomorrow. Also, need to find something to wear. I so neglect my wardrobe. You'd all laugh at how little is in my closet. I think I have more workout clothes than normal clothes.:eek: I'm also a t-shirt and jeans girl, so that tells you how sophisticated I am.

Later.......

Dallys: Also a jean and t-shirt girl here. I have 100 pair of black workout pants, though. OK, not 100, but a lot.

Sonya: How cool! See, it pays to be nosy, lol. You find out interesting info! Good for you. If you don't mind, keep us posted how it is going. I love learning more about this kind of stuff and your experience sounds interesting. I think you already look incredible in your pics so I can't wait to see what else you have in store. :)

Loved my yoga / massage combo. I learned that my posture is funky. I'm not using my pelvic floor in the right way and have a slight sway back. If I strengthen the right muscles, it should help me do those darn levitation holds. Now I think I need some light cardio to finish off the afternoon while the kids nap. Later maniacs!

Ally - the arc trainer is like an elliptical but instead of moving in an ellipse, the pedals move in an arc. Cybex makes it. Ellipticals bother my knees and back - this does not. I've had trouble finding one that works right so they gave me the next model up at no charge - that is what I got today.

Sonya - Halle has no picky issues with junk either ;)

Sonya:How cool! See, it pays to be nosy, lol. You find out interesting info! Good for you. If you don't mind, keep us posted how it is going. I love learning more about this kind of stuff and your experience sounds interesting. I think you already look incredible in your pics so I can't wait to see what else you have in store.

Patti: Thank you. Sure I will let you know how things go as I progress. I originally signed up for a 4 week program but my b-day is in March so DH is paying for another 4 weeks with Olesya! I'll tell ya, these past two weeks have been tough w/ the nutrition. Very limited on what I can eat! The low carb days are the hardest. I get hungry. But I have followed the plan precisely. One thing for sure is when I get my one cheat meal a week I take FULL advantage of it...last week I did have ahi tuna, rice and veggie (which is still pretty healthy) but I had a slice of chocolate mousse pie and ate the whole thing and did not feel quilty at all! :)

Hey gals

Juat wanted to pop in. I just got home . Went to Med express..
I have a fricken sinus infection and a uti..
I feel like a ball of crap.
I have never been this sick in 1 winter like this year..
Gonna go decongest some and hit the bed.
Take care all.
Try to pop in ..
and read up..

The birthday went well. One thing about not feeling well is that I did't really feel like chowing down on spaghetti and german chocolate cake.

Anne, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Get some rest.

Sonya, I have read some of Olesya Novik's articles on Muscle with Attitude.She has some good ones. Do you have to take the supplements like surge etc.??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.