Hardcore Maniacs 6/5

meowracer

Cathlete
What is up with this? I am the first again?! I looked and looked for another thread so hope I didn't miss one.

Last night, I did CC#2 and SJP abs. Burned 385 calories. Today, I want to squeeze in an easy circuit before I leave. I'm going to my friend's house to work all day, spend the night and help her get her new closet in order.

Happy Friday, everyone!!

I'm here. I'm late checking in because I've been busy this morning. But yea, where is everyone? This thread is dead lately. :(

Well, today was cardio and I did NOT do a Cardio Coach workout! :eek:

I ended up doing my most favorite step workout - Step Blast. It was fun but I sure feel out of shape doing these step workouts. Its weird how you get use to a certain form of cardio and then when you change it up it's hard to get through them. I remember I use to fly through this workout. I had a good time, though. It was a really nice, much needed change.

HR STATS:
61 minutes total
3 minute below zone
20 minutes in zone
39 minutes above zone
520 calories burned

Hope you all have a great Friday. It's nice out, I'm hoping to ride a bit today. :cool:

What is up with this? I am the first again?! I looked and looked for another thread so hope I didn't miss one.
Last night, I did CC#2 and SJP abs. Burned 385 calories. Today, I want to squeeze in an easy circuit before I leave. I'm going to my friend's house to work all day, spend the night and help her get her new closet in order.
Happy Friday, everyone!!
Meowracer, I think it's great that you started the thread today. Good cardio workout. Can't help but love Sean. Have a good time at your friends house.

I'm here. I'm late checking in because I've been busy this morning. But yea, where is everyone? This thread is dead lately. :(
Well, today was cardio and I did NOT do a Cardio Coach workout! :eek:
I ended up doing my most favorite step workout - Step Blast. It was fun but I sure feel out of shape doing these step workouts. Its weird how you get use to a certain form of cardio and then when you change it up it's hard to get through them. I remember I use to fly through this workout. I had a good time, though. It was a really nice, much needed change.

HR STATS:
61 minutes total
3 minute below zone
20 minutes in zone
39 minutes above zone
520 calories burned

Hope you all have a great Friday. It's nice out, I'm hoping to ride a bit today. :cool:
Debbie, I agree about changing up the workouts. Step Blast is also one of my favorites. It is a little slow around here, hmmmm.

Today will be working in the garden day. We had a storm last night and everything was strewn all over the place. All my debri piles I so carefully gathered to pick them up later, are gone. Have to do it all over again.

Hi to everyone else who follows, and have a great weekend. I'm going to the zoo Sun. with one of my grandsons and his parents.

Janie

Hey all! I'm here- did Cardio & Weights this morning and had SO much fun. I think I forgot how nice it is to get up and think, hmm, what am I in the mood to do today? I had a blast and managed to up my weights on everything from the last time I did this workout. :)

Confession: Diet is still sucky- going to try my best at the family reunion and niece's birthday on Saturday and Sunday. Monday it is ON for me to get back on track. Seriously, I'm a fatty. :p

I got my workout in. DDl's family all left a while ago for family camp with our church group. This morning I did 10 minute solution Hot Body Bootcamp cardio and cardio drills. After that I did Jari's Extremely Ripped whole workout. I burned 648 calories this time which was more than the first time I did this one. I even lowed some of the weights because I could really feel my left elbow. Wondering if this is why it hurt for a few days. I just changed the exercises a little. I then did 10 minute Hot Body BC ab assault, Bowflex calf raises at 310# resistance 150 reps 50 qt different angles. I finished with 10 minute solution Hot Body Stretch. Total calories burned was 943.

Patti, I hear you on the eating. Mine has been terrible since I have been out of my own environment. DD's husband bought in donuts and kolaches this morning. We eat out way to much. I try to find the healthiest choices. I told dh when we close on our house in 3 weeks to not expect anything but healthy food in our house for awhile LOL He is like what?? We had a shredded chicken yesterday that dd made with white flour tortillas and tortilla chips:eek: Also had Arbys.

I just got back from being trapped on a school bus then locked in a museum with a bunch of noisy 7 & 8 year olds on a very rainy & dreary day.:confused: It was DS 1st Grade school trip to the Academy of Natural Sciences in Philadelphia.

Today was cardio and I was looking for some thing different as well. So I put in a DVD I hadn't done before, heck I hadn't even previewed it.:p I did the cardio only from Amy's Hi/Lo Dome Challange. No dome work because, well, I don't own a Bosu. :( But I agree with Debbie on how a different form of cardio can really kick your butt! Hi/lo is not ny strong suit. Anyway workout was 1:06 including stretch and I burned 518 calories.

BTW, I've got some great DOMS in my Chest & Back from yesterday.:D:D:D

Hey Linda, I have that workout of Amy's and have yet to try it. Can I manage it with no preview? Usually with Amy that's tough to do! You must be extremely coordinated. :cool:

Diane Sue: Thanks for making me feel better. :) Isn't it just ICK when the food is out of control? I told DH and SAME thing- after this weekend, our life is a CLEAN zone. He's thrilled.

Hey Linda, I have that workout of Amy's and have yet to try it. Can I manage it with no preview? Usually with Amy that's tough to do! You must be extremely coordinated. :cool:

Patti - I didn't say I didn't look stupid!:p:p:p Actually, of course there are a few confusing moves, it is Amy after all, but I was able to get most of it. So I would have to say it's one her less complicated ones. Using more room than I have, so that's always a challenge.:( Oh, and my eating hasn't been any good lately either. All weight loss has come to a halt and I probably even put back on a couple of those pounds I lost.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Linda: Well, crap! We gotta FOCUS and soon. :confused: Good to know about that workout- maybe I'll wing it. Sometimes the preview is too much of a commitment! :eek:

Linda, I think Hi/Lo Dome is one of my favorite Hi/Lo workouts. If you do the Interval mix it is pretty easy to follow. I have done it a lot and still feel kind of clumsy LOL But I still have fun doing it. I think that you could do the dome workout without a bosu. You could use a step instead. Personally I woun't stand on a scale till after I have been back to normal for a couple of weeks in my own home. I just try to do my best and workout.

Roselyn, I really do like Brooks or Saucony. Most of their styles have a heel that hugs snug enough and plenty of room for the toes. I usually check zappos.com and read the reviews of different styles. I pick ones for moderate overpronators for myself. You might check their site to find what you are looking for.

Today was High Step Challenge for me. Fun workout but Friday is never a good day for me energy-wise. Plus I am bummed reading about all the California budget cuts and that also sapped my energy. =(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.