Hardcore Maniacs 6/13

meowracer

Cathlete
Morning, Maniacs!! Who am I here?? 7:40 AM - workout finished at 5:36 AM :eek: We are on our way to Florida. I got up at 5 and rolled out of bed to the garage so I wouldn't wake anybody. I did CC#1 starting at steady b/c I had very little time. Did this on the rowing machine. Did Challenge 1 jumping rope, challenge 2 with KB swings using 26.5lb KB and did next steady on rowing machine. No time for Challenge 3 but workout was about 20 minutes and I burned exactly 200 calories. It was so hot and humid at that time - had to turn the industrial fan on me out there! Then I did all of the chores (should have kept the HRM monitor on b/c I was moving!) Last night, I did the Oxygen abs again and some leg work.

Have a great weekend!! :)

Today was Legs with drop sets. Had a great workout and felt very strong today.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

**Denotes drop set exercise.

LEGS
Leg Press Station:
180# - 8/8/8
***I love this exercise, I really feel it in my glutes and hamstrings.

Static Lunge:
85# - 10/10/10 each leg
***Thought I had 75# on the bar. After the first set I thought, crap, I'm really feeling that light weight. LOL! Glad to find out it was 85#.

**Leg Extension:
85# - 12/12/12
70# - 10
65# - 10
60# - 8
***These really burn and after the 4th set I was fried. No rest after 3rd set was complete.

Elevated SLDL's:
80# - 10/10/10
***Really felt these and concentrated on the squeeze on the way up.

Barbell Calf Raises:
130# - 20 forward/20 out/20 in

That is all....

Getting ready to ride before it rains later. Have a great weekend everyone! Got a grad party to go to today and a cookout. :eek:

Shana - Have a great time!

I am off to do some cardio and work some abs and calves in a bit. Stayed up till after 2 am so I am getting down my coffee first:)

Shana, you sound like me. I have gotten up at 3 am to get in a workout before I take off on vacation. Have fun.

Debbie, nice leg workout. I have loaded my bar wrong before and thought wow my strength isn't what I thought. It is nice to realize that the bar is actually heavier:D

Morning! I did Muscle Max this morning. I haven't done this one straight through in a loooong time- usually use it as an UB premix. Holy night, I forgot how many reps she does for squats and static lunges. :eek: I only had 60# on the BB for the lunges and barely made it though. I think it was 4 slow, 4 2-count, 8 single, 2 sets of 8 count low ends, 2 sets of 4 count low ends and 8 singles again.

We have to go buy a mattress for DS today- the crib is over. He escapes. :) Have a great weekend everyone!

I did Drill Max Ultra Cardio Blast. Today is our school/parish picnic. My DH and DS are there, I will head up later. Have a great weekend everyone.

We are driving, driving, driving! Just under 200 more miles to go.

Debbie: Thank you :)

Diane Sue: DH thought I was nuts but I told him it would help me have a better day in the car! Wish the Concept 2 would fit in the house but those things are so long. Just makes for a cool, hardcore garage workout and makes me feel all bad and all to take the KBs and jump rope out and sweat like nobody's business!! :cool:

Patti: I remember when Halle was escaping, and I remember lots of long nights with the toddler bed and keeping her in it... good luck!

Roselyn: Enjoy the picnic!

My workout is done and we drove out to the town Bill works at and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant there. It had really good food. Tasted like everything was pretty much cooked fresh. I had shrimp fajitas and had them give me one tortilla. No breakfast before. Checked out where the local vets were etc.. This morning I started with P90X Kempo+ 41 minutes and burned 342 calories, then I did Rumble Kickbox only (no w/up)277 calories with weighted gloves 32 minutes. I followed with STS stability ball abs, Bowflex seated ab crunches with 100# resistance 100 reps and seated calf raises toes pointed in varying angles 100 reps 310#. I finished with Rumble stretch. Total calories burned was 860.

Shana, I think it helps with that tight stiff feeling I get from a long ride in the car. I bought a weighted jump rope for a magazine rotation once but never have had a place that I felt I could use it. I am guessing that you have reached your destination by now:D

Roselyn, Drill Max cardio blast is a nice calorie burner:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.