Hardcore Friday Cuties-Jan. 02

sunnyside

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs! This morning I plan on doing Laurens Kettlebell workout. I emailed AOS to ask where my Providence and Newport were and they said they had already been delivered! They are resending though since I never got them. I bet some dumb *ss neighbor is really enjoying them...the b*st*rds!:mad:

Anyways, I like that multi quote thingy too. Sonya, keep trying..:p
Now if I can just figure out how to post an attachment, anyone, anyone, Buehler:rolleyes:.

Have a great Friday!

Morning all!!! :D

Today I did Pyramid Shoulders and Muscle Max Shoulders, then did Pyramid Lower Body.

SHOULDERS
Pyramid workout:
Triset - 12/10/8/12/10/8 reps w/hardly no rest
Rear Flies: 12's/15's/20's/15's/12's
Lateral Raise: 10's/12's/15's/12's/10's
Front Raise: 8's/10's/12's/10's/8's

Muscle Max workout:
Lateral Raise: 12's - 2 sets/12 reps 2/2 cnt.
Lateral Raise w/Band: Purple
Dumbbell Upright Rows: 15's - 2 sets/12 reps
Front Raise/Rear Delt Squeeze: 25# barbell - 2 sets/7 reps

***My right shoulder really bothers me anymore. It's starting to worry me.

LEGS
Pyramid Lower Body:
All reps are 12/10/8/10/12 with hardly any rest.
Leg Press (step ups): 15's/20's/25's/20's/15's
Static Lunges: 65#/75#/85#/75#/65#
Squats & Plie Squats superset: 65#/75#/85#/75#/65#
Deadlifts: 50#/60#/70#
***Only did the up part, my low back didn't like all these reps.

CALVES
4DS Calf Work
***Used 30's for the weighted part.

This was a long workout. It took me about an hour and 20 minutes. Glad I'm off today.

That is all...

Have a great day everyone!

phpty4ZeA_c1AM.jpg
Ellie and Carma's favorite part of the day.

Just testing here. Still can't get the attachment link at the bottom to work. Had to go a round about way to get this one.

I started with Joint Mobility from Kettlebell Way 2 Empire State, then did all of Providence including the joint mobility and doing round 1 swings twice, then I did CIA Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickbox premix combat with the core using a 9# bodybar and 8# dumbbells for core, I then did 10 minute solution kettlebell workout abs segment using 15 and 20# kettlebells, and finished with Flexible Warrior yoga energy and swim segments. Calories burned was 1009 45% fat. Max HR was 162

Providence went like this: with running in place during rests.
Joint mobility warm up 5 minutes
round 1: 2 handed swing, 1 arm swing, hand to hand swing,
15# kettlebell 30 sec. 2 handsing, left arm swing then right 30 each, alternating arm swing 30 seconds (I repeated this round)
round 2: cleans 20# kettlebell reps 5,4,3,2,1,each arm, then alternate
round 3: chest press 15# 5,4,3,2,1 reps alternating 5 rt, 5 left etc then alternating 1&1 to finish
round 4: squat/sumo deadlift 30 sec ea w/25# squat,35# sumo deadlift,25poundsquat, 35poundsumo deadlift
round5: 1 leg deadlift 25# kettlebell 5 slow right, 5 slow left to end of 2 minutes
round 6: windmill into overhead squat 15# kettlebell 30sec each windmill right, squat overhead, windmill left, squat overhead
round 7: clean and press 20# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1 reps left then right then alternate to end of 2 minutes
round 8: flip and squat/or high pull squat: 2 minutes 25# kettlebell I did the high pull version
round 9: tactical lunge: 2 minutes 35# kettlebell alternating legs in the lunge ( was really pushing that last 30 seconds
icon_surprised.gif
) I think this is my first time on this workout with 35# even though I did do it on Empire State)
round 10: triple crush, 2 minutes 25# kettlebell 30 seconds each tri and bi combo, triceps only, biceps only, tri and bi combo
round 11: sling shot into figure 8 with a static hold 30 seconds each figure 8's, sling shot right, figure 8's, sling shot left 25# kettlebell
round 12 seated press 2min 20# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1 right and then left, then alternate to end
round 13: one arm row 25# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1, switch Then repeat at a faster pace(I could go heavier on this but then Anthony speeds up at the last
round 14: pullovers, russian twists, sicilian twist 25# kettlebell 2 minutes
round 15: 3 minutes snatch test 15# kettlebell snatching right and left he speeds up the pace after first minute

Dallys, I couldn't get my picture of Puddle to load at all yesterday. I went back and shrank the picture size and then I was able to post it. You can also go back to edit, hit advanced and try again with the new size if it doesn't work out:) I would like to see a larger picture;) That is to bad about your AOS dvd's. Funny how those things get delivered and we don't get them. I bet you get them quick. AOS has been pretty fast for me so far. I need to preview all of Newport. I was tempted to pull it out today but after Manmaker a couple of days ago that is supposed to help take you to the next level I wasn't sure I was ready. So I will look at the whole thing. I did watch the first couple of segments and will say this seemed to move faster.

Hello everyone! I'm so happy to be here on my first day of check in with you all. I'm doing Debbie's January rotation.

I did Pyramid Shoulders and Muscle Max Shoulders, then did Pyramid Lower Body. In my new effort to lift heavy, I'm happy to report that everything I lifted today was a bit higher than the last time I did the workouts. I wanted to go a bit heavier on legs, but my knee was bothering me so I thought my small increase would have to do.

Workout stats: 504 calories, 45% from fat
70% average of HR max

Shoulders
Pyramid:
For all three rear, lateral and front exercises: 6's/8's/9.25's/8's/6's

Muscle Max:
Lateral Raise: 11.25's
Lateral Raise w/Band: Green (ouch)
Dumbbell Upright Rows: 12's - 1st set / 15's- 2nd set
Front Raise/Rear Delt Squeeze: 25# BB

Legs
PLB:
Leg Press (step ups): 30/35/40/35/30
Static Lunges: 30/35/40/35/30
Squats & Plie Squats superset: 35/40/45/40/35
Deadlifts: 40/45/50/45/40

Calves
PLB and 4DS Calf Work (used 15's)

OK, an introduction is in order...so you ll know something about me. I'm 34 (well, 35 on Tuesday) and I have 2 kids, a 3 1/2 year old daughter and a an almost 2 year old son. I'm married to the nicest man in the entire world. :) I used to be a full time corporate lawyer (but don't hold that against me). I stay home with the kids now, although I do some work from home, but nothing like I used to do.

I have struggled on and off with my weight- even as a teenager I wasn't naturally a thin person. I discovered step aerobics in college and really was a thin and fit person for the first time. When I worked I was under so much pressure and so unhappy that I ate to deal with stress. I was thin a few times while working, but it was always a struggle. I had hard pregnancies with bed rest, so I got HUGE. Boredom, depression and an enabling mom who was kindly around to help me watch my daughter meant I was a whale when I delivered. Anyway, once I had my son I knew I didn't want to spend the rest of my life heavy and unhappy about it.

So I started the elliptical and step again, finally adding weights in the beginning of 2008. I have always been of the high reps/low weight school and never gave it much thought. I just kept doing my cardio 6 days a week and it really got to be a drag. I have lost all of the weight I want to lose, so that's good. But I still want to build muscle and see some more changes. It's only in the last 6 months that I've really been doing a lot of reading and figured out that I need to lift heavier. Last month was my first real month where I've been following that philosophy.

Here is a picture of me about a month after my son was born, in April of 2007.

2754726090_c86ea2bba5_m.jpg

Here I am in late August with my son. I look about the same right now.
2753893773_183ca4b205_m.jpg

Anyway, thanks for having me here! I love to workout and have serious withdrawl if I have to miss a day. :)

Hey everybody - today will be the shoulders and legs of Debbie's rotation. In case you don't go back and read yesterday's thread, I posted little bits to everyone, messing around with the quote thing! Nothing of great importance though - I should do these things earlier on :D

Morning! I plan on doing Debbie's workout today but may have to skip shoulders...left shoulder is bothering me???? We shall see...maybe I'll just go lighter and see how it feels. Its my glutes I need to work harder anyways!

Suz...I can't imagine your gf not liking CC! Yippee on the coat....I love getting good deals!

Dally's...I will keep trying...I'm a visual learner...if I see it I can remember a lifetime.... can't be that hard, right? :p btw...love quoting movies, my fave is ...'Your killin me Smalls!'

Patti...Thanks for sharing...you have to be pretty excited about your success. That's great! I just told myself w/ Debbie's rotation I was going to focus on lifting heavier...I am very happy with the results I am getting! Too many women are afraid to lift heavy...but not any of these hardcore maniacs! :eek:

Got my workout in and it wasn't any easier than the last time. I even think it's gotten harder as my form is getting better. I rode my bike during some of the rests, but on the last rounds I needed the rest! I followed this with all of the stretches off of the Squeeze DVD. This one is great for hamstrings stretches.

Joint Mobility Warmup (approximately 6 minutes)

40-Minute Workout

Round 1:
Suitcase deadlift 26#kb
2 handed swings 18#kb
1 min rest

Round 2:

1-arm row 26#kb
Alternating swings (1 minute) 18#kb
1 min rest
Repeat rounds 1 and 2

Round 3:
Front Squat 26#kb
Clean and Press 18#kb
1 min rest

Round 4:
Tricep Pushups (using perfect pushup stands)
Squat Thrusts
Overhead Swings (1 minute) 18#kb
1 min rest
Repeat rounds 3 and 4

Round 5:
Back Lunges 18#kb and valslides
Alternating cleans 18#kb
Mountain Climbers valslides
1 min rest

Round 6:

High Pull, catch, Squat 18#kb
2-Handed Swing 18#kb
Alternating swings 18#kb
1 min rest
Repeat rounds 5 and 6

Round 7:
Abdominal work consisting of pullover to crunch 10# db
Russian twist 18#kb

Dallys, I couldn't get my picture of Puddle to load at all yesterday. I went back and shrank the picture size and then I was able to post it. You can also go back to edit, hit advanced and try again with the new size if it doesn't work out:) I would like to see a larger picture;) That is to bad about your AOS dvd's. Funny how those things get delivered and we don't get them. I bet you get them quick. AOS has been pretty fast for me so far. I need to preview all of Newport. I was tempted to pull it out today but after Manmaker a couple of days ago that is supposed to help take you to the next level I wasn't sure I was ready. So I will look at the whole thing. I did watch the first couple of segments and will say this seemed to move faster.
I'm thinking I should have gotten Empire State instead of Newport, darnit. I might have to get it eventually. I probably won't get to any of them until after I do the CLX rotation. I tried to edit my picture again and it won't work. I'm giving up for now.:mad: I can't take it, lol!

Anyway, thanks for having me here! I love to workout and have serious withdrawl if I have to miss a day. :)
What a great inspirational story! I love to hear stuff like that.:) Did you follow any certain diet? You look great and your son is adorable.

Hey everybody - today will be the shoulders and legs of Debbie's rotation. In case you don't go back and read yesterday's thread, I posted little bits to everyone, messing around with the quote thing! Nothing of great importance though - I should do these things earlier on :D

It's fun isn't it?:cool:

Dally's...I will keep trying...I'm a visual learner...if I see it I can remember a lifetime.... can't be that hard, right? :p btw...love quoting movies, my fave is ...'Your killin me Smalls!'
:eek:
Just push all the off buttons to on(it'll go green) and then on the last one press quote. Sorry to hear about your shoulder.:(

Last edited:
Ugh! Just back from the grocery store. It was packed!!!

This morning was the first time I did workout 3 of Phase 2 of TT for Abs and this workout included some lifting. I will have to admit it felt great to be pushing weights around again!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Superset A
Squats
12/12/12 - 85# ***These are suppose to be done w/ DB, but I don't like doing heavy squats that way, I also took this to parallel and a bit beyond:eek:**
1 Arm Standing Shoulder Press
8/8/8 - 25#

Superset B
Static Lunge
8/8/8 - 35's **These were tough after the squats:p****
Pullovers
12/12/12 - 40#

Superset C
Inverted Row w/ feet on Stability Ball
12/12/12 - ***suppose to be 15/15/15, but couldn't quite make it:(****
X-Body Mountain Climber w/ feet on Stability Ball
10/10/10 per side
Plank on Stability Ball
30 sec. hold x 3

The interval cardio at 30/90 ratio for six rounds using Amy's ASC 1 Power ups, then the stretch from Amy's ASC 3. Total workout was 1:15 and I burned 559 calories.

Dallys
- When ever I want to attach a picture I don't resize or anything. I just click the paperclip, browse for file on my computer then click upload. That's it. And that said, I did just try it and while it accepted one picture, it did however keep failing on the other one I tried.

Attachments

• DSCF4148.jpg
    DSCF4148.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 15
Dallys, I have done like Suz and just posted and had it work, but sometimes I have had to shrink the picture size. I have had to do that on my profile too. I like to use Microsoft Picture It 10 because it is easy just to go to file and save the picture to e mail view which works most of the time. Otherwise I have to figure out the dumb sizes by pixels etc. That really annoys me. Anyway I did notice that my picture size was too big according to the chart that Cathe has telling what size for jpg etc. I hate having to figure out new things when it comes to computers:confused: You did great:D I haven't used my exercise bike to much yet. I could feel that in my knee too:confused: I will get there though.

Patti, thanks for sharing about yourself and your pictures. You have come a long way. Great Job:D:D Just keep at it. I am sure you can reach all of your goals.

Hello Ladies - Happy new year -

The 5K yesterday was great. I had a great time. I beet my time also, so that is good.

Today I did Pyramid Lower Body, but I am adding Complexes to the beginning and finishers to the end - that are supposed to accelerate your metabolic rate. Anyway, I am going to incorporate these for a while and see if I can tell a difference.

Take care all.

Did you guys hear that? That was my scream from trying to ad an attachment!:eek:

Linda- I tried the paper clip thing too and it failed. Why won't it accept any pictures from my computer? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Oh darling picture in your ATTACHMENTS!:p Seriously, you have a cute family.:)

I did change my avatar (had to shrink) and changed my profile picture (didn't have to shrink).

I give up for now.:(

Dallys - Not sure this is going to make you happy buuuttttt...Okay I finally uploaded the picture that was failing before. I went to the shrinkpictures website a shrunk my picture to 75%, then you have to click the download link above your newly resized picture. If you click save it will automatically save it to where all your downloads go. Mine go to my desktop (also the newly resized picture will have a new name.) So now once you know where it is you can come back to Cathe and try the upload. If you don't know where the picture is you can right click on the item in your download manader and click on open containing folder ( you may have to copy and paste to another folder) HTH!

Attachments

• phpI4zjMdPM.jpg
    phpI4zjMdPM.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 7
Linda, cute picture:D

Dallys, keep trying different things you will get it;) Have you tried resizing with the link that Cathe gave? You can save anything that you resize to your desktop and just go pick it up off the desktop when you want to upload it. Maybe you could resize with the link that Linda gave and get it from your desktop.

Pictures: Here is a suggestion. I use www.flickr.com. I upload the picture, then click on different sizes. I pick what size I want and it gives me the URL. Then I copy and paste it using the pictures icon above. It's really easy and no resizing is required. HTH.

Nice family pic Linda- didn't know you had kids that young.

Love reading about the KB workouts, you all. I think that is going to be my post STS spring project.

Here is today's workout. Shoulder felt ok...did some extra stretching.

SHOULDERS
Pyramid workout:
Triset - 10/21/8/12/10/8 reps
Rear Flies: 10's/12's/15's/12's/10's
Lateral Raise: 10's/10's/12's/10's/10's
Front Raise: 8's/10's/10's/10's/8's

Muscle Max workout:
Lateral Raise: (bent arm) 12's - 2 sets/12 reps
Lateral Raise w/Band: Yellow
Dumbbell Upright Rows: 15's - 2 sets/12 reps
Front Raise/Rear Delt Squeeze: 25# barbell - 2 sets/7 reps…wasn’t exactly sure how to do this exercise since I don’t have MM so I did:
Military Press: 15# 10/10, 12#/12

LEGS
Pyramid Lower Body:
All reps are 12/10/8/10/12
Leg Press (step ups): 15's/20's/25's/20's/15's
Static Lunges: 55#/65#/70#/65#/55#
Squats & Plie Squats superset: 60#/70#/70#/70#/60#
Deadlifts: 50#/60#/70#....70#/8, 70#/8
CALVES
PLB

Abs
Ab Hits-All Step

Dally's...you are funny. Don't give up, you'll get it...just like me and the multiple quotes!!!!!!!:)

Linda...good looking family! Your kids are adorable!

Speaking of kids....having a bunch of people over tonight to celebrate DS end of football season at Oregon. Should be fun!

You all are doing some killer workouts!

Oh darling picture in your ATTACHMENTS!:p Seriously, you have a cute family.:)

Linda, cute picture:D

Linda...good looking family! Your kids are adorable!

Thanks Everyone!

Nice family pic Linda- didn't know you had kids that young.

Patti - Yes, mine are currently 7 and almost 4. She turns four on the 25th. They sure do keep me busy as I am sure you know!

Dallys
- You right this multiple quote thing is cool!:cool:

Ya'll knew I wouldn't quit trying.:p
Ok (whipes brow), I can get a picture from my picturetrail (not my computer) and also make that an attachment. The bigger size is much nicer than those tiny attachments idn't it:D. I'll have to try the flickr thing to, as I wanted to play around with that site.

So, this only took like 15,000,000 hours to accomplish.:rolleyes: :eek:

A-n-y-ways, this is my Granddog Ellie. She has a lil' deformed ear, shhh.

348665165.jpg

Attachments

• 348665165.jpg
    348665165.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.