Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Week of 9/17

Hi all, sorry I haven't checked in.

I have been miserable. I have been out of commission since last Wednesday. I took both Thursday and Friday off work and did nothing but sleep and read. I am finally feeling human again. Even though the antibiotics started making a difference almost immediately, I fought a cough for several days. Finally yesterday I didn't hardly cough at all. I still have a lot of crap going down my throat and still a bit dizzy, but overall, I am much better.

I am going to work today but didn't workout. I still don't have the energy to get up that early and run or do yoga. I'm hoping tomorrow I can start back.

I hate sinus infections. They suck.

Hope you are all doing great, I haven't had time to catch up on what you all have been doing.

Oh Debbie, so sorry, sinus infections do suck!!

Today was Crossfire Extreme for me and a yucky rainy day here, but going to stay cool all week so that is good, give the ac a real break.

I swear I put a post here yesterday. Hmm! Well, yesterday I did Beast Bulk Block 3 week 4 chest30 min, 130 calories. I followed this with CHalean Extreme Intervals 42 min, 350 calories,max hr 164. I finished with Chalean Extreme I Got Abs 16 min, 92 calories. Total time was 87 min, calories burned 572.
Today I did Beast Bulk Legs week 4. I increased on most of the weights. I swear those front to back lunges are killer. I did increase though. On progressive squats I went up to 40's for the 8 reps from 35's. On forced reps I increased to 30#( I need to do more because it was too easy). On split squat I increased all weights by five ending with 76#. Stiff leg deadlift is hard done with the alt side. I keep the side at 12's, I ended with 40's on the dead. I can go heavier on deadlifts with a bar but this hits me differently. Calf raises at 50 reps is tough too. I use 25# but my legs are shaking by the time I am done. I really want to build my calves some. I finished with P90X2 Yoga.
I have someone coming in the morning to install a new kitchen faucet that we bought. I will have to be up very early for that because they generally call at 8 am and are here within 10 min.. Tomorrow is arms. I was hoping to fit a cardio in. I wanted to do Tabata Trek cycle workout but I may not have time. Also depends on how sore my legs are.

Finally got a workout in today. I didn't have a great workout, congestion going down my throat and coughing a bit, but I did something. I chose Cardio Coach #3 and just babied myself with it. I did get a good sweat, but didn't get my heart racing like I normally do. Blood pressure feels a bit high and I'm sure that's due to the drugs I'm on right now.

CARDIO STATS:
40 minutes total
7 minutes below zone
24 minutes in zone
11 minutes above zone
315 calories burned
2 miles traveled

This morning I did Beast Bulk arms week 4, 36 min, 195 calories. I then did To the Max w/up, step tabata ,core with upper focus, and stretch,24 min, 141 calories. I had a break to take care of some things then went back aqnd did Brook Benton's Kettlebell Butts and Guts abs, 8 min, 40 calories, and finished with Les Mills Flow, 19 min, 62 calories. Total time was 87 min and calories burned 438.
Beast arms
progressive set
standing curls 15x10's; 12x15's; 8x20's; 8x22.5's; 12x15's; 15x12's
singles
seated overhead tricep extension 15x25#; 12x30#; dropset8x35#;8x30#
force set
ez bar curls 5x41#; 5x41#; 5x41#; 5x41#; 5x41#
single set
ez bar skull crusher 15x41#; 12x43#;dropset 8x48#; 8x41#
progressive set
concentrated hammer curl right 15x15#; 12x17.5#; 8x22.5#; 8x22.5#; 12x17.5#; 15x15#
concentrated hammer curl left 15x15#; 12x17.5#; 8x22.5#; 8x22.5#;
12x17.5#; 15x15#
progressive set
tricep kickbacks right 15x15#; 12x17.5#; 8x20#; 8x20#; 12x17.5#; 15x15#
left 15x15#; 12x17.5#; 8x20#; 8x20#; 12x17.5#; 15x15#
single set
weighted crunch 20x12#
I forgot to mention that on the progressive sets that are right and left Sagi has you do the pyramid upright then the pyramid up left then back to right for pyramid down and left pyramid down.

Debbie, glad to hear you were able to do something. I always feel like the cardio helps loosen up some of the drainage. My grandson was home yesterday with a sinus infection. They gave him the antibiotics and tested for flu as well.

So I think I started working out too soon. By the time I got to work I started getting the chills and just did not feel well all day. The secretary told me to go home but I hate missing work. Plus I'm not contageous so I just stayed. I really wish these antibiotics would work a bit faster. I only have two more days left and if I'm not better, I plan to get a hold of the doctor and see if he can prescribe something more for me. I'm sick of feeling this way. My head was really hurting again this morning and I feel so drained. I should stay home but I have so much to get ready for at work.

This morning was Beast Cardio, 30 min, 266 calories, max hr 162. I followed with Beast abs, 11 min, 71 calories. I downloaded a free program on my ipad called Fitness class. They have some free classes I tried two that were BOSU short segments from other workouts. They do have full workouts and you pay 9.99 a month for all you want(I even saw crossfire there) or you pay 99.00 a year pass. Anyway I did 19 min of bosu and burned an additional 118 calories. Total time was 59 min, calories burned was 455. I am headed to lunch and shopping with a friend.

Debbie, the antibiotic should have started working after the first couple of days. You need them to give you something else. Get well!

Diane Sue - I did call my doctor yesterday and told them I wasn't any better yesterday than I was on Monday. He called in another antibiotic for me that I started last night. It seems to be working a bit better. Still coughing and congestion, but feeling a bit less tired. I hope this will be gone by Monday, I want to start working out again.

Gosh Debbie sorry to hear you are still trying to get better!! Those things can hang on.

This morning I did Crossfire Extreme, legs later.

College tour tomorrow at Mizzou in Columbia, MO. Hard to believe I am taking my baby boy to colleges, this one closer than last week, last week 3 hours away, this one 1 1/2 hours!!

Happy Friday!!

This morning I did Body Beast Back 29 min, 165 calories. I followed with Mindy Mylrea's Tabata Trek. Time goes by pretty quickly on this workout because Mindy has you do a 4 minute 20/10 tabata section on the spin bike and then a 4 min 20/10 on the floor alternating and changing the moves up each 4 min round. This was 53 min, 452 calories, max hr 163. I finished with Chalean Extreme Recharge for a nice stretch.

Debbie, I am glad that you got some new antibiotic. Hopefully that will kick in quickly for you.

Today I did Beast Bulk shoulders week 4(1 more), 35 minutes, 160 calories. I lowered weights for the most of it this time because I have low back issues on the right side all of t he way to the neck on that side and had to have lifted something incorrectly). I followed with les Mills Pump Step, 31 min, 281 calories, max HR166. This is a great workout for getting it in and burning the calories. I then did Chalean Extreme Core Circuit using my 2# gloves and finished with Shiva Rea Power Yoga Flow mandala namaskar segment 11 min, 41 calories. Total calories was 523 and time was 87 minutes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.