Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wednesday April 23

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did that Action Hero Workout again from Valerie Walter's Blog. I was able to get thru the entire workout and only had to cut off a few reps of the leg work towards the end due to time constraints. I lifted about what I lifted last time, only I didn't pyramid the weights on my circuits like I did last time. I added Cathe's LIC stretch to the end. Workout was 65" and I burned 459 calories. (was able to get thru it a bit faster today). Tunes were Papa Roach Paramour Sessions (had to be.....cuz it's the only way I cold have gotten thru this tough workout today).

Toasty - You better believe that I'm glad I have a job these days...even though it's not the greatest pay or atmosphere. The economy is really depressed in this area and jobs are scarce. I'm still looking for a better job....but at least I'm working in the meantime. I hope you can find something. Have you ever thought of temping again and doing secretarial work? Do you have a Temp Agency in your town? My 23 year old niece has been working at a Temp Job and it's a cake job with decent pay (better than mine).

Ally - did you order your Mindy's? I ordered the Med Ball one, Gliding one and 2 of the cycle workouts. They are shipping in May.

Diane Sue - I think Tracey's shipping today. Did you preorder?

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning !
Miss you guys! Been working early shift like now getting up at 4am so I have plent of time to workout then have to be at work at 10.
This weeks workout Sun: 4DS Bootcamp upperbody circuit
Mon: KP&C cardio conditioning/abs then 4DS Legs
Tues:GS Bi's and Tris
Today: GS Legs
Thur:Cardio Fusion Premix+ GS Chest CM tough abs
Fri:GS Back and shoulders
Sat :Rest
I've been getting ready for a cruise to the Mexican Reviera starting May 10th through 18th. And spending alot of money on clothes and bathing suits from VS.
I have a date tonight right after work. We are meeting at this bar/resturant. I hope I like him and he likes me:-/
Talk to ya'll soon
Randi

Randi - I've been meaning to ask you what your diet for a day is like. Your abs are soooooooooooo flat! Mine could never be that flat! You must have a really good diet? What's your secret?

breakfast kashi cereal w/ protien bar ex: OH Yeah bars, south beach, kashi bars
Lunch turkey sandwich on wheat w/ saled
snack oatmeal or some kind of healthy carb w/fruit
after 3pm I stop eating all kind of carbs
dinner any kind of meat w/ veggies
snack if i'm hungrey b/4 bed is a protien shake
I do take a supplement called fast twitch by cytosport b/4 I workout. Love it helps me get through my workouts even when i'm exausted like right now
HTH
x(

popping in to say randidiane your recent pictures are Dabomb girl! those are are amazing. I want your arms!!!!sorry but seriously you look really great, it shows all the hard work you have put into it. Now I just gotta get there. Its comin but slowllly!!

Good Morning, I am getting a late start. I woke with a headache this morning. I am going to go see what I can do for legs and back. May not get all of S&H in because I am not going to take a chance on the deadlifts and superman moves.
Yesterdays nutritional info:
calories 1499.6
135.2gm protein
112.1gm carbs
42.4gm fat
36.8% pro
29.9% carb
25.4% fat
This is what I got off my program but don't see it totalling 100% :eek:

Debbie, I have looked for good cookbooks with low carb recipes and not all of the cream and butter and junk they want to put in them. Can't find anything worthwhile. I am working on my own collection. Lots of experimenting:) Thanks about the cookbook.

Randi, you look great. You have have been really working it hard and it shows.

Lora, yes I did preorder Tracey's Circuit and Core. I also preordered Strike Zone. I did not oreder the other two workouts though.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Had a great workout this morning. I really fried my shoulders. I'm sure I'll be feeling this one tomorrow.

1 minute rest between each set

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Lateral Raise:
15's - 15 reps (warmup)
22's - 12/12/12
[font color=green]Dropped weight after 3rd set to 15's and repped out at 12 reps.[/font]
[font color=blue]***Weights stayed the same as last week but got 2 more reps out with the drop set.[/font]

Arnold Press:
22's - 12/11/10
[font color=blue]***These were hard. I stayed at the same weight as last week but reps were higher this week.[/font]

Barbell Overhead Press:
50# - 12/9/10
[font color=blue]***Shoulders fatigued quickly with this exercise.[/font]

Leaning Lateral Raise:
10# - 12
12# - 12/12
[font color=blue]***I did these wrong last week. I was able to go way higher doing them the way they are suppose to be done.[/font]

Lying Rear Lateral Raise:
20's - 12/12/12
[font color=green]Dropped weight after 3rd set to 15's and repped out at 12.[/font]
[font color=blue]***Did two more reps with the drop set from last week.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRAPS[/font]
Dumbbell Shrugs:
47's - 20/20/20
[font color=green]Dropped weight after 3rd set to 40's and repped out at 12.[/font]
[font color=blue]***These were hard today for some reason. I felt them big time.[/font]

That is all....

Good morning,

Yesterday, my sister called she wanted to go for a walk and that’s what I did, wasn’t my intention but for her no problem. I ended up walking 3 miles as she only walked 1 mile she has Lupus and for her to do what she did was a good thing. Afterwards I did some kickboxing. When all said and done I felt like I had a pretty good workout.

This morning, I did nothing ended up talking with Ted as I found him sitting at the kitchen table at 4:30 this morning, looking sad and with tears running down his face, LONG STORY! But, I ended up there talking, listening and encouraging him.

Tonight, I will NO I need to do something.

Randi: You look great!

Debbie: Nice workout!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is a leg day, elliptical and I will do a few plyo's as well. Gonna work abs again. I just feel like I need to "stir things up" just a notch.

Randi,

Your new avatar picture is so rockin'! Your arms are fabulous looking. Very sculpted. Great work your doing. I agree with the way your meals are planned out...that is why your abs are good too.

Lora,

Trying to get out of this blah mood I am today. I think friday I will start applying for jobs, but only in my area. The temp agencies are far away and so are the jobs that come with that. That is the problem...I have a truck and I can't go too far with gas prices.

Debbie,

You amaze me with the weights you use. I cannot get over how well you keep doing! You may have to post more pictures soon.

Good mmorning

Yesterday was an insane busy day. I had not time to WO early, but then I was commpletely exhausted that I slept from 5-6:30. It was crazy. And then I was in too much pain after my nap, from my Sarcoidosis, that I did nothing but hang on the couch.

Today is PlyoX.

Randi- you do look great! Good meal plan too.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

Morning Maniacs,

This morning was two straight sets of eight with a 60 second rest. Feel like I pulled something in my shoulders during the SLDL's, not happy about that at all. Good news is shin and back feel okay today!

Back
CG Pullups
6/6 **My best so far**

Chest
7 - 92#
7 - 90# **these were just not happening**

Hamstrings
SLDL's
8/8 - 110#

Shoulders
Upright Rows
8/8 - 62#

Calves
Barbell Calf Raises
Front/Out/In 10/10 each - 135# **calves were on fire**

Triceps
Lying DB Extensions
8/8 - 20's **tried 25's but felt like I had no control, funny because I can do a 50# barbell**

Then did some hanging ab work.

Debbie - Nice work out! Looking at your posts is making me nervous! LOL!

Randi - You look great!

Have a great day!

Linda

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did Shred level 2. I plan on a mtn. bike ride with DS and Carma later today. DH is off work today and I'm all jealous. He's going for a good long mtn. bike ride with one of his buddies the morning. My ride will only be about an hr. and only so-so on toughness. Carma isn't in that good of shape yet for longer rides. I've got her in training. LOL!

Randi- WOW! You are looking fantastic! Your body fat is looking super lean! Great job!

Great workouts everyone else.

Work is barking at me...gotta run!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

You guys have a good day today:)

I am taking ½ day vacation. I just don’t feel like being here my mind is caught up in other things. I’m going home too nap and get a good workout in. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow:)

Finished PlyoX. That one is pretty fun. I listened to my own music which helped tremendously cuz I was NOT motivated to WO. Alot of pain in my hands and feet today....but they feel better since I exercised thank goodness. I got a really good WO in.

I need to shower and get outside for the weather before work.
I am also going to try Randi's rule of no carbs after three. Sounds like something I need! lol

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

Hi, everyone.

It's been so long since I posted on this board that I'm sure nobody remembers me. Oh well.

Lora - PLEASE let me know what Mindy's medball and cycle workouts are like, okay?? I really value your opinion. I'd love to order them, but long story short, DH and I owe close to $10,000 to the friggin taxman.

BEFORE I knew about the taxes, I preordered all of Tracey's stuff. Will post reviews as soon as I've tried them. I think she's only shipping two so far.

This a.m. I did Amy's Slo Mo Back and Shoulders, Cathe's 4DS LIS/HIS cardio only premix and then Slo Mo core. Felt nice. I'd been doing a Gym Style rotation for forever so it was nice to get back to Slo Mo.

Randidiane, could you please tell me a bit more about that fast twitch supplement?

Also - do any of you maniacs take flax seed, bee pollen, or creatine? I've heard good and bad things about each of these...

One last thing - I am chubby right now but fit underneath the flab. I can lift heavy fairly heavy (50# bb for bis, 40# db for one-arm rows, etc) and I do Imax 3 on an 8" step, skipping the recoveries and adding the cardio only premix of Boot Camp to the end (just to give you a reference point). Trouble is - nobody can tell I'm fit because of the 'insulation' I'm carrying around. I know that I NEED to clean up my eating or it simply won't go away. I know all body types are different, but I would love to know about how many grams of sugar you HC Maniacs consume in a day. Also, what do you eat in between meals (snacks, or mini-meals)? Seeing you ladies post what you eat is really inspiring and gives me lots of ideas.

Thanks for being so motivational!!

Marcia

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Banana Cream BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Chicken breast w/salsa; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: 1/2 c. cottage cheese & Lemon yogurt mixed together
M6: 4 oz. 92% ff beef patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Multi-Protein pancake

[font color=blue]1626 calories
48 g. fat - 28%
191 g. protein - 47%
112 g. carbs - 28%
[/font]

My day has been crazy busy. I am just getting ready to workout now. Good Lawd! My pushmower kept dying out on me cuz the grass got so high from all the rain. Took forever. My daughters friend calls and I can't get her off the phone with me, etc. Getting attacked by dogs and cat while trying to eat tuna fish.

Well I will post my workout tomorrow. Gonna be getting done really late now. ICK!

I finished my workout. I did Slow & Heavy legs and back.
I used the Bowflex for squats and wore my weighted vest with dumbbells for lunges to keep from lifting a heavy bar over my head, I also wore the vest and held a lighter dumbbell for the side lunges.
For Back I skipped the deadlifts and did 3 sets of rows on the Bowflex and added extra planks during the supermans. I need to log my food in my program before I mess up.
Weights were
w/up lungs 1x16 20# dumbbells
Bowflex squats 1/8 200#, 2/8 260"
reverse lunge 1x16 20# dumbbells
static lunge 3x8 20# vest and 30# dumbbells
side lunge 1x16 20# vest and 25# dumbbell
plie squat 3x8 95# dumbbell
dumbbell row 3x8 30# dumbbells
dumbbell pullovers 45# dumbbell
Bowflex Row 3X8 90# each hand
planks 5 sets instead of 3 no weight
added Keli Roberts Flexibility for the Inflexible foam roller workout first 14 minutes for back and lower body

Marcia, I remember you. Glad you came back and checked in. I am looking forward to the new Tracey dvd's that I ordered. I ordered 3 of them. Will probably end up ordering the others:)

Got to run to pick up dog food and children:) BBL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.