Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Oct 25

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Barry's Bootcamp Shoulders and Back. This was a higher rep workout (about 25 reps) and I wasn't sure what weight to use, so I'm sure I'll get a better workout once I get that figured out. I may also just do 2 sets of 10-12 reps instead. This had some unique moves in it. One in particular that I've never seen is holding a weight in your oustretched arm/palm and alternating sides -- at the end of a set of shoulders. It was a burner. The instructor for this one was Joey. He is likeable and not irritating. Again, it was very bootcamp style. The weights ran 45 minutes, and aerobics were 20 minutes (but I did my own cooldown/stretch during the last 5 minutes of aerobics, so I really only did about 15 min aerobics). The workout was longer than I expected....and I finished in about 1 hour and 10 minutes (but I put my weights away quickly in that timeframe).

The aerobic segment on this one was jump rope oriented. You also did some leg burners crouched down to the ground leaning on the step and some jumping jacks.

(ETA - the other thing I didn't like about the workout is the time I spent standing around listening to what exercise we were going to do - but this gets on my nerves with every workout. From now on, I'll either jog when he talks or if I know the move, I'll start. Also -if you have a problem with guy instructors that are "built", you may not like this workout. Most of the instructors look like body builders with hardly any fat on them. I don't know why that would bother anyone....but I'm just saying).

Have great workouts everyone. I doubt I can check in from work, as it's been particularly crazy there.

Charlotte - I'm not ignoring your PM. I'm always running late in the AM and I can't do anything at work any more (lately). I'm expecting one of my Trick or Treat Inquisitions today. I'll let you know how I like it.

The Buckcherry video was on here at around 5:00 am.

Good morning, Lora and all that follow.

I have a busy day today. I'm getting orders coming in on two Tastefully Simple parties I'm doing next week, so that's fun. I am teaching step tonight, so I'm thinking already on what to do to them. }( We already do walking lunges around the outter edges of the gym, they love those :7 . Any other ideas?

DS is feeling better so I'm back to work and hopefully he will be doing good enough to go back to school, I hate for him to miss too much and get so far behind.

Have a great day everyone - I'll check in with you all later.

Marcia.

Good Morning Superhero Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I worked upperbody and did some ab work on my own. Today I am not sure. I am thinking the killer doms in my legs might still be around. Arm feels better. Gotta keep the weights within reason for a bit. Got some housecleaning to do. DD will be home today. Off work.

Meg,

Nice picture shots. I am really liking what I am seeing with your arms. Just like Debbie said...you are getting some nice definition. You are looking marvelous. Can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing.

Lora,

DD does not like White Moon. It smells exactly like my bounce dryer sheets, but that is not a bad thing. I always liked that smell. It is a very clean flowery smell. I got a sample of Bayou. DD wanted to try that one anyhow so I gave it to her. Then a sample of Thanatos....nice. I will wear this one today.

Marcia,

Glad to hear your son is doing better. You could do some of those fast skater moves like Cathe does off KPC.

Hello to everyone else.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte- Thanks. They were crappy pics, but something anyway. It would help if I askes DH to take them, but I always forget till he is in bed! Oh well. I actually have some shoulder def, but you really can't see it in those pics. Glad the arm is better.

Lora- I think you give some of the best reviews I have ever read. THanks for doing that. Did you stay awake during GH? Alexis finally gave Ric the boot!

Marcia- glad the boy is better. I had a Tastefully Simple party a few months ago for my cousin. Good food, in moderation LOL!!! Have a good class. Have you ever done those sumo squats or ski hops? They get your heart pumping. Or you could be mean and do squat thrust climbers!

Morning to everyone else!

My legs are tired today. No REAL DOMS set in yet, just feel like lead weights I am dragging around. I had fun working my legs last night. I need to get more weight plates, but really don't think I can lift too much more over my head safely. Guess i better get a Smith Machine- HA! And a bigger house!

How are you feeling Annybobanny????

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/147/.png[/

Morning all!

This morning I did upper body with 12/10/8 reps and 1min. 30 sec. rest. This is what I did:

Pullups: 6/4½/4 - can't seem to get past 6 reps.
Decline Dumbbell Chest Press: 30's/35's/40's
Reverse Flies: 12's/15's/20's
Dumbbell Curls: 20's/22's/25's (fried my bi's with this!)
Lying Tricep Dumbbell Extensions: 15's/17's/20's
Reverse Bicep Curls: 25#/30#/35# (went light on these, wanted to concentrate on my forearms.

Then I did ab work from Muscle Max and the stretch from Muscle Max. Workout was 1 hr. 5 min, I was in my zone for 37 minutes and burned 283 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts!

No one has called me that in years. HAHAHA.
I am getting ready to go to thr Dr.It figures she wants to see me.
I can't shake this.'
I did S&H Legs and shoulders. Went heavier than CAthe except for the side raises. Were bothering my arm, so i dropped down to 8's.
Still no cardio. I am scared to start hacking and overheat right now..No doms just yey. The w/o seemed quite easy as per Gym styles. I haven't done it in a while. Changing up till the new ones come.

Marcia, watch them tell me i have strep?? HAHA.

Storm is heading to the tub and to brush this foul mouth.
Tastes like something died in there. Yuck>>>>

Check in later.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

No - I fell asleep during GH ...forgot to mention that I needed an update. I was exhausted last night.

Also - forgot to mention ab segment in today's workout was standing ab work and different than the usual.

Debbie,

Confused about the reverse stuff. Explain, if you have time. I am gonna work my legs today. You mentioned to me earlier about lunges and now I am thinking about those reverse lunges. I remember how it fried my butt. I expected doms to kick in more, but it disappeared on me so I got some more "frying" to do then.

You had a great workout this morning, but not sure what you did with the reverse yet. I cannot believe you are using 40's for decline chest presses...you are such a friggin' maniac superhero animal!!! You weren't turning green when you did these, were you? lol.

Charlotte~~

Meg,

We are superhero machine women so we don't seem to experience great doms anymore. I don't think Diane Sue ever gets doms anymore, do you Diane? Don't be disappointed though. lol.

Charlotte~~

Yeah It's my rest day! Just curious what time do some of you wake up to workout? It's only 7:42 am my time (central).;)
Randi

Randi- ONCE in a blue moon I get up at 6ish to WO, but lately it has been workouts after 8pm for me.

Charlotte- Thanks, I thought for sure I would be sore, but not. Oh well. Just means I can WO really hard again today.

Anne, oh I mean Storm, curious what crazy names you will come up with.

Deb- great WO. Your numbers are higher each week!

Lora- Ric and ALexis started fighting so she blurted out how she saw him and Sam. Then she pretty much layed into him and she kicked him out. He wanted to take the baby with him, but Sonny walked in and told him that if he didn't leave, they would never find a single hair from his head! Pretty cool. Maxi saw a doc and says she has proof she is preggo, but it seems fishy. Sky had her baby with ALcazar and Luke delivering it, and then Sky decided she wouldn't leave withour Alcazar, so I guess they are back together.
Luke told Robin to start the new drug with Laura.
And of course everytime Liz tries to read the results she is interrupted.
Emily is trying to warn Nikolas that the nanny is dangerous, but he is being stupid and thinks it is no big deal. Even Helena begged Emily to protect Nik! (as she was being hauled away to the insane ward).

I can just imagine what the people who don't watch this show must be thinking when they read that! LOL!! We really are normal!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/147/.png[/

Hey you crazy superhero Maniacs! Today at some point, will be Yoga X and some form of cardio. Probably dog related.:)

Yesterday, I did Shoulders and arms and abs. I did 15 reps with dumbells. 3 exersices then a minute rest and repeat. Then on to the next 3 and repeat...

Shoulders and arms X

Alternating shoulder presses-15
In & out bicep curls-16/15
Two-arm tricep kickbacks-12
Side tri-rise-30 reps each side

Lora, keep posting about Barry's Bootcamp. They sound interesting! I like the options on the cardio. I'm watching VH1 again, and you guessed it...Jessica Simpson is on again. LOL! must play the same videos at this time in the morning.

Marcia, Never heard about the Tastefully simple parties. They sound way fun! Glad you DS is feeling better.

Meg, even with the crappy pics ;) I can see how your arms are getting much more definition!! It's amazing! You should be so proud of yourself, cuz we all know it ain't easy!

Debbie, maybe put some ankle weights on for your pull-ups. I can't seem to get past a certain # either.

Storm, have fun at the Doc's, if that's possible. :)

Ettolrahc, Glad you arm isn't feeling to bad today. Com'on, let's get some serious DOMS in the legs today. I wanna hear some whining tomorrow.}( Oh! forgot, we are superhero's and don't get sore. Nevermind! LOL!

Randi, everyone is done with their workouts by the time I get up. LOL! I get up at 7:00 Mountain time. It's 8:15 here as we type.

Later Supermaniacheros!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - great workout!

Charlotte - reverse flies are where you sit on the high step or bench, bend over a bit and lift the weights to the sides or slightly in front of you in a "y" formation. Cathe does these quite often in her workouts. Reverse curls are where you hold a barbell with an overhand grip and use your forearms to pull it up. Love those!!!

Well I have Bronchitis and tendonitis in the elbow.
She told me no w/o for 2 weeks. Well, I won't do cardio for 2 weeks, and light on the arms, but i never listen.

I am also not supposed to be at work, but you know how that goes.
Lift them arms for me girls. I am going to do splits, so tonite is S/H 2nd part.
Guess the new workouts aren't a big deal right now since i am not allowed to overheat myself.
That must be why i almost threw up doing HSC.

Well be back later. I have som ethings to do.
Anne

Anne,

Sorry to hear this. That is why I go to chiro for arm problem. He won't tell me what to do, etc. He just wants my money. lol. Doctor will give me pills and tell me no workout for fifty years. It is probably best to listen though. That is just me. I am not normal. lol. Hang in there Storm. Don't look like you will blowing much wind for now. :eek:

Debbie,

Alrighty. Got it then.

Bionics,

Nice bionic workout! I blinked and missed most of it though. So much metal...so little time. Your too fast. lol. Today will be more focused on BUTT. I will burn it girl. I will throw in some bonus moves just for you. he he.

Randi,

I always work out in the afternoon.

Charlotte~~

Randi - I get up at 2:30 am. I need to start getting up closer to 2:00 am like I used to ...but I'm having problems doing that again.

Lora if i got up at 2:30 i would literally fall over the step, drop my dumbells on my toes and bash them in my face.
Guess it takes some getting used to.
What time do youn go to bed????

Charlotte is Spunky, because she is..Makes me laugh
Lora is Sleepy, because she never sleeps.
Deb is the Incredible shehulk, because i will never be as strong as her.
Marietta is Mistique because she is mysterious.
Maegan is Rogue, because no one will be able to touch her once she gets going.
Dallys is Stallion strong like a horse.
Diane Sue is the Bionic woman , because she keeps on going for hours.
Randi and Marcia, I am still thinking. I will come up with something

How am i doing?
Anne Oh, I mean storm.

Deb, no cardio for at least a week. I could get Pnemonia.I plan on lifting. I just can't get too sweaty. More breaks. i am just going to take it easy on the arms. I won't loose too much. I bought a brace for the arm.

I will save my rest for Jan when i get me boobs. HEHEH.
Anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.