Single Leg Glute bridge - 12 reps each leg
Mountain Climbers with feet on gliding discs and hands on med ball - 24
Valslide 1 arm slide with feet on Bosu - 10 each side
Ultimate crunch -12 each side
(repeated circuit 2 times)

Circuit 2 -

Valslide reverse lunge with stretchy band - 12 reps each leg
STep up to High Step - 12 reps each leg
One arm row to balance - 12 each side (added a set of bent over rows here)
Bruce Lee Kick - 15 each side
Valslide Pushup to fly - 5 reps each side
(repeated circuit 3 times)

Circuit 3 -

Valband side hops - 12 reps each way
Valslide side lunge - 15 reps each leg
Squat press 15 reps I subbed lateral raises here
Bicep curls - 12 reps Kickacks 12 reps

I used my 12-20 lb DBs and added ankle weights to the abs & Bruce Lee kicks. Also added weight to the leg moves but she doesn't specify to do so.

The first Action Hero workout felt harder than this one....but we shall see if I get sore fonm today.

Have great workouts everyone.

Diane Sue - let me know what you think of the other Lush you got. What hair stuff did you get? I find Lush's soaps more drying than Brooke's. However, you don't have dry skin...so maybe you'll be okay with them. They smell good. Speaking of hair stuff....if you ever go to a Body Shop, let me know. I like their Coconut Hair Shine that comes in a little red jar and I don't want to place an order for just that. If you ever go there, I can have you pick me up a couple and pay for the postage to ship?? I wish we had a Lush and Body Shop around here.

ETA: It's my 20th Wedding Anniversary today and I was very surprised to get a platinum/diamond anniversary band ring as a surprise from the DH....since most of the time he's not very nice to me!!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

This morning going on elliptical and will report back here in about 1 hour. My first day today at work this evening. My son is in Florida now on his senior trip. My daughter makes brief appearances at home now. lol.

Lora,

Fantastic workout!!! Happy Anniversary too. Will be 21 years for me this year in Sept. That is so nice you got a nice ring like that. Your hubby loves you...some people don't express their emotions as well as others.

Good Morning. Happy ANniversary Lora. That was really nice of your husband. That is really cool.

Char- have fun on your eliptical, rock it as usual.

Doing the walk thing again today. Feels good to get extra cardio everyday. I will be back later after I WO.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

Well, I passed the test for my temps!!! DH and I went for a "real" ride yesterday. It was so fun. I'm a little scared being on the road with other drivers, but it wasn't too bad. I felt like I did when I first starting driving a car back when I was 16. LOL!

Anyways, today was shoulders and traps and I had an EXCELLENT workout! And I hate working shoulders.

1:10 rest between each set

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Overhead Dumbbell Press:
15's - 12 (warmup)
31's - 8/6/6 (last week was 7/6/6)
[font color=blue]***These felt good, I was going to try 32's but decided against that.[/font]

Arnold Press:
26's - 8/8/8/8 (up 1#)
[font color=blue]***Felt really strong on these as well.[/font]

Barbell Upright Row:
70# - 8/7/6/7
[font color=blue]***This is a PB for me. Was surprised I could do so many reps with 70#.[/font]

Bent-Over Lateral Raise:
26's - 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Should have gone heavier.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRAPS[/font]
Barbell Shrugs:
125# - 15/12/14
[font color=blue]***Never went to failure before on these but did today. Really felt it.[/font]

[font color=indigo]ABS[/font]
Muscle Endurance ab work
[font color=blue]***Love this ab work! Really felt it.[/font]

That is all...

Lora - Nice workout and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :)

Good morning all!

Yesterday, went for a brisks walk too clear my head and it was just what the doc ordered. I felt so much better once I got home. I only walked an hour.

This morning, I did Lowmax and it literally kicked me bootyx( I had to press pauses a few time, nothing LOW about that workout, it’s tough! Someone lied:D

Tomorrow, depending on how my legs are feeling, feeling like they need a break. I may only do an upper body w/o, I shall see. Sunday, starting S&H, and I'm loving that. :p :p

Debbie: Congrats on passing your test :D nice! Your workout this morn was EXCELLENT:D :) :) You are very strong!

Lora: Happy Anniversary :D and a great workout:D

Good Morning
Just finished 4DS HIS plus KB.
Have a great day ladies, Happy Annv Lora!
Off to workx(
Randi

Good Morning, I put together a Kickbox mish mosh this morning. Started with 4Day Split Kickbox w/up and cardio(30 min w/ w/up), then Hi/Lo knockout premix cardio then adding back in all of the ko's omitting the combined 3&4 which is 11minutes (27min spent), finished with Amy's In the Ring Interval premix skipping the w/up(23 min with stretch) Total cardio time was 1hr1min excluding the w/up and c/d. I was thinking while doing this that Tracey's Circuit Zone Girl fight w/up might be a good one to use as a kickbox wup and finish off with the leg balances at the end. Just thinking here LOL
I am off to do Amy's Slo Mo chest, biceps, and triceps.
Raining a lot here today.

Lora, Happy Anniversary. What a great surprise the ring must be:D Enjoy it. I don't go to the Body Shop very often. Not sure why. The Mall is close, but unless I go on a weekday morning it is so crowded. I could go to valet parking but don't like doing that. They also have a Sephora there. I spend way to much money when I go to those two stores. LOL I will let you know though. I ordered Rehab shampoo, Godiva solid shampoo, Karma Komba solid shampoo, and American Cream conditioner, also get a free Goth Juice Gel. I don't really use gels. I might find a use for it or have dh use it if he can get past the name. It was the only gel they had left. I also ordered Karma Soap which I have purchased before. You are right it is more drying. But I like the scent. The only part of me that is oily is my face. The nutrition center I was in the other day has a lot of the handmilled soaps. I spent some time smelling the ones that had just a band around them. Prices still ranged from $3.50-$8.00 for them.

Debbie, glad you got your temp. I bet it did make you feel a little nervous on the street. Pretty soon it will be just like driving the car:) Great workout as usual.

Charlotte, have a great first day at work.

Teddy, for some reason Low Max is surprising on intensity. I feel it in my legs too:)

Meaghan enjoy the walk
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Had a good workout. Went fast on elliptical today. Loving my new music...listening to Tantric and Trapt.

Time: 1 hour
Cals: 537 burned
Miles: 7.6
BPM Range: 155-160
Speeds 8-10 mph and went to 35.5mph just for fun! hehe. Did 33mph a second time. Might need a helmet if I want to go faster then that. lol

Charlotte, you are a maniac lol.....great job. Enjoy your high!

Just got back from our walk. It is just over 4miles, and we take an hour. Next week we are shaving time off to get down to 45 min. And on the weekends, or when ever we don't have the kids with us, we are running which I love.

I have to get to some cleaning and lunch, so I hope to do my other wo later this evening.

Congrats Debbie. I bet you must be having a blast now on your bike! I am jealous!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

Morning Maniacs,

This morning was three straight sets of eight with a minute rests.

Chest
Flat Barbell Press
8/8/7 - 103#
***Feel like I've lost ground here, not sure why?****

Back
Underhand Barbell Row
8 - 85#
8/8 - 90#

Biceps
Barbell Curls
8 - 55#
8/8 - 57#
***Almost didn't make the last rep, may not increase next week***

Hamstrings
Elevated SLDL's
8/8/8 - 120#

Shoulders
Upright Rows
8/8/8 - 65#

Leg Extensions
8 - 65#
8/8 - 67 1/2#
***Set out to do these at 70#, hated the way the first rep felt so dropped the weight. Why do I struggle with these?

Then did Gym Style Calves and ab work!

Lora - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! What a great gift, sounds beautiful!

Debbie - CONGRATULATIONS! Have fun! Awesome workout, I can't believe you did uprights with 70#!

DianeSue - Do you do cardio everyday? Why?

Nice workouts everyone.

I finished up my workout with Slo Mo chest,biceps,and triceps. Then I did Yoga Shatki Shoulder Openers and Supine Poses.
Chest
around the world 1x8rep 12#, 1x8rep 10# dumbbells
barbell decline bench press 2x8rep 50#; 1x8rep 45#
dumbbell incline fly/internal rotation 3x8 20#
staggered hand push ups no weight 4x8rep
Biceps
barbell contraction concentration curl 3x8rep 45#
incline dumbbell bicep bonfire 3x8rep 15# dumbbells
incline lying bicep curl 3x8reps blue challenge pro band(thicker than the silver dynaband I used last time)
Triceps
incline lying french curl 3x8reps 35# dumbbell
band tricep pushdown 3x8 challenge pro blue band
decline tricep dip no weight 3x8reps

Nutritional info yesterday 1653 cal; 146.4 pro; 147.4 carb; 51.4 fat
35.4%pro;35.7% carb; 28% fat

Linda, I do cardio 6 days a week most of the time. Once in awhile I cut back. I will probably change that when I get the sts series. I do it because I love doing cardio:D Good workout. Weights are up there:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey & soy protein powder shake w/blueberries (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein powder shake w/strawberries & pineapples
M3: chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Spicy chicken breast (4 oz.) w/salsa; 2 tbsp. walnuts
M5: Turkey patty
M6: 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: 1/2c LF cottage cheese mixed with chocolate Pro Pudding

[font color=blue]1659 calories
49 g. fat - 26%
208 g. protein - 50%
97 g. carbs - 23%
[/font]

Debbie - I've done 100# for 4 sets of 8 and 108# for 3 sets of 5, so to fail at 103# for 3 sets of eight seems like lack of progress. I don't know, just thought I should be able to go higher. BTW, what am I missing with the extensions, why can't I get the weight up there? Any thoughts?

Today's meals:

M1: cheerios w/1c of ff milk w/1 egg
M2: cottage cheese w/ 3 strawberries
M3: 1/2 chicken breast w/broccoli
M4: 1 meatloaf muffin w/1/2 yam and broccoli sm tomato
M5: apple and string cheese
M6: hm..........

Have a wonderful evening :) We've been really busy today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.