Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed May 23

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Wanted to get up earlier as I have housework to do here at at Mom's...but I couldn't drag my butt out of bed. Off to do Back, Shoulders & Biceps...hopefully Squeeze for lower body/abs and a bit of cardio. Probably won't have time for yoga or stretch today. Be back later.

Hi Lora, I'm about ready to go to bed. You are a great daughter to your mommy. Have a great workout and see you when I get up, 8 hours from now.

Take care,

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Well, I ended up doing Cathe's Gymstyle Back, Biceps and Shoulders followed by Squeeze for lower body and abs and then I tacked on a short cardio segment - Box & Burn. I did running, skipping and jumping drills at the end of the cardio to extend it a bit and then I cooled down with some gliding drills. Total workout including Squeeze was just shy of 2 hours and I burned about 490 calories. I matched Cathe's weights pretty much except had to go slightly lower on biceps (they are weaker due to my cervical disc problem - cuz of the radiation of pain, weakness and numbness).

Janie - I better be a good daughter cuz I have a great Mom. We've been thru so much together and she is very close to me. I'm glad she's still here and didn't die as young as my Dad did and I appreciate every day I have to spend with her in my adult life (since I didn't really get to enjoy having a father in my adult life). Where do you live? Are you are Pacific time? Do you work? If so, what do you do (if you don't mind me asking).

Diane Sue - the lady in Box & Burn is 56 and she is a good example of being fit in your 50's. She's in great shape - although she doesn't quite have the arms you have!! :) She's a Black Belt also. I just got her weightlifting DVD but haven't done it yet. Box & Burn is a good/intense workout but it's way too short....but she does an excellent stretch at the end which I love. Thanks for all of the Kashi info! Can't wait to get my order. Do you ever eat it for breakfast?

Have great workouts. I'll be back later today after I'm done with all of the household chores. Do you ladies do all of your cleaning in one day or do you break it up?

Good morning!

It's a little cold for our ride this morning (16 degrees with the windchill) so we all chickened out! I'm gonna do CC#6 with Candace on the elliptical.

Lora - I know you've been bummed about not having a job, but if you were working right now you wouldn't have had all this time to spend with your mom and get her taken care of, especially b/c you would have been in a new job. Funny how God works everything out for the best, huh? Janie's right - you are a great daughter!

Have great workouts everyone - except Debbie - a great day off!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good Morning, today I will be doing cardio, abs, and some yoga. I will probably get out out the bosu and do the abs from Mindy's Awesome Strength. I ordered CIA double cardio from deep discount and should have it to play with pretty soon.

Lora, I usually have to split up my housework. Usually Wednesday is when I do the bulk of it. Things like laundry are everyday. Vacuum and mop one day, the other is 3 bathrooms and dusting. Then extras throughout the week. I vacuum several times a week because of the dogs. I will have to check out that workout. In answer to your question about the Kashi Pilaf for breakfast, I rarely eat breakfast. I do my workout and have a post workout snack, but that is generally close to lunch time. I have recently started having a protein drink before my weight workouts since I have been going heavy.

Debbie, enjoy your nice weather. Ours is warm but we keep having rain.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs! Getting ready to do SS "Tone it up". 2 days of unbeleiveable good eating and no scale drop.:( Sucks getting older. I remember the days of just doing a spurt of exercise and losing 5 lbs. in a hurry...no matter what I ate. I'll keep truckin' on. 2 days is just a start.

It's been cool here for a few days. Today should get up to 60 degrees.

I usually do a good cleaning of all rooms one day a week. I then have to straighten up here and there everyday. Laundry is a constant.
Vaccuming is about every other day.

Suz-CHECK your Private messages!

Gotta go burn some fat...

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey Maniacs!!!

Remember me? Pole climbing woman? lol. 16 degrees where??????? Are you kidding me???? For real?

Today is chest/back/abs/shoulders. Finishing my housecleaning, get some lunch and then work out.

Charlotte~~

Lora,
I'm glad you appreciate your mom. My mom has Alzheimer's and we were at one time the best of friends. She is in the later stages now. I'll be seeing her the first part of June. I miss her so very much. She is my hero through and through. :-( take advantage of your mom's love, cuz when you are close like that, it is very special, and you'll have lots of great memories.

We have 5 acres in the Pacific Northwest, hence Pacific time zone, fairly close to the Olympic Peninsula's. My husband and I retired about 14 years ago or so, he was 55, and I was a mere 42 years old. Time flies when you are having fun. We are very active people, hike, snowshoeing, Cathe of course. We have a Smith machine, treadmill, everything for a healthy body. We leave the area during the Fall and visit our many states, even the boarders of Mexico. This year however, we may not because of the price of gas. I hope we can be creative enough this year to do so.

Please tell me about "Squeeze". It sounds like something I'd like. If it is at all like Calenetics or Lotte Berk Method, I would be interested.

Today is my rest day, and it is beautiful outside, so off to the garden I go. I'm only thinking of doing a cardio for 45 minutes. Does that count as a workout?:7 LOL

Suz, Wow, that's cold.

Debbie, enjoy your day.

Everyone else, have great workouts.

Got a go!

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

I'm back. I got some housecleaning done and went on to do my workout.
I started with Tracey's Sweatfest step #1, then did Cardio Fusion timesaver step premix (no w/up or str) then I put the bosu dvd in because I wanted to get a feel for it for cardio the advanced segment was only 8 minutes and 3 of it was cardio so I did that one twice and skipped the stretch, then Mindy's Awesome strength abs with 10# med ball and my gliding discs, I then did 1 plank off of bosu holding a 10# dumbbell on my back for 2 minutes, then I did B&G abs with 5# ankle weights and 10# dumbbells, finished with Eoin Finn's PYFH yoga quickie premix. Now I need to get back to work on the house but had to stop and get some food.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Hey! I heard that!

My legs are quite toasty from yesterday..butt as well. Gotta do those walking lunges with 40's again and again. Tomorrow? Got to see the dentist again for check up..crossing fingers for no cavities this time.

Charlotte~~

Hello Everyone, wow have i been busy lately i havent even had a chance to get on here. I got a new job at starbucks it is close to full time and i start in 2 weeks to allow notice for my current job which iam so happy to be leaving!:)

weird thing the other day i went to the gym and i pick up a 35# BB and i thought wow this feels really light, so then when i got home i weighed my barbell on the scale and what i thought was 35# on the bar was really 40# the bar was 5# heavier than i thought it was so i was very impressed with my self when i reliezed this:7 Yes it was a good day!

Hope everyone is doing good:)

I'm not done.

I did with one minute rest inbetween:

Chest:
bench press 85# 4 sets/4
4 sets/20 pushups

Back:
Barbell Rows 75# 4 sets/4
Lat Pulldowns 100# 4 sets/4
Pullovers 55# 4 sets/4

Shoulders:

Front Lateral Raises 20's 4 sets/4
Arnold Presses 25's 4 sets/4
Sword Sweeping Motion Side lateral raise 20# 4 sets/4

I still have abs to do.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.