Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed March 12

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Barry's Bootcamp Fat Burn Upper Body followed by Mission Lower, Mission Abs and Part of Mission Upper. Workout was 69" and I burned 367 calories.

Yesterday I did Seasun's Straight Up Step cardio for 45 minutes. I'm running late again........................Must go get read for work....running a bit late again. Time change has me draggin' butt in the AM.

Have great workouts everyone.

Hello fitness friends..
I just finished power hour. No w/o yesterday . I did an 11 hr day at work , so i got my butt up made some baked chicken for lunch and got to it. I am still fricken shaking.
God, the lactic acid needs to go away..
I didn't go over 25#.. Was enough with the high reps..
I can not believe how bad i am shaking on lunges. Gosh.. Come back muscles..

Well have a great day all.
Check in later if i have time..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning Ladies

Ally here - new member. I must say I am very inspired by you all. I did gym style legs this morning with a very challenging weight. Tomorrow will be upper body.

Have a great one and keep providing me with motivation and excellent tips.

Good Morning, cardio today was 4 Day Split Double cardio premix no str, then I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Step Sculpt Fitness Cardio premix skipping the w/up. When I come home from taking the grandchildren to school I will do 4DSplit upper and work abs and do a stretch.

Anne, you know you will get back to where you were in no time. Power Hour is a tough endurance workout.

Ally, good workout. I haven't done the Gym Styles in quite awhile.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Today was full body. Had a hard time getting up and wanting to get started, but once I did I had an excellent workout. I think the time change finally caught up to me.

1 minute rest between each set :yikes:

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Flat Barbell Press:
105# - 8/8/7
[font color=blue]***I think this is the first time I couldn't complete a full set with chest. Worked to failure here.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Underhand Barbell Rows:
65# - 8
70# - 8/8
[font color=blue]***Could have gone heavier but my low back was really tight again. What is up with that????[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
Barbell Curls:
60# - 8/8/7
[font color=blue]***This weight felt great but by the last set I was fried.[/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS[/font]
Elevated SLDL's:
90# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***These felt good.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Upright Rows:
65# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***By the 3rd set these were a struggle.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Leg Extensions:
110# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Could have gone heavier but my knees would not have liked that.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CALVES[/font]
GS Calf Raises

That is all....

Did PlyoX today. Almost puked from this one. I haven't done this one in a LONG time. I'm tired of IntervalX + so I figured I'd give the plyo one some dusting off. I know my glutes are gonna be hurting tonight. Also, this is a question for people who have seen these movies...club Dredd, Super Troopers and Beerfest....If you all have seen these movies and own P90X, does that guy with one leg look EXACTLY like the guy from these movies? The actor's name is Eric, too. I couldn't believe my eyes. LOL

Lora- Glad to see you back on here. I figured it was the time change. I'm having a bit of a hard time myself, too.

WD- Thanks for the info on soups. I remember you mentioning HerbOx without sodium a while back. I can't find that around here. I sometimes use the organic brands like Pacific from Whole Foods but they still have quite a bit of sodium in it. I like to add my own salt like sea salt to my "wet" food. It's hard to find good stuff around here a lot of times.

Anne- There is a trick you can get rid of the lactic acid build up. You won't believe this but after you finish your set, take in a DEEEEEP breath and blow out as hard as you can. You only do it once. Do it after every set. I guarantee it will work. I almost never get the lactic acid build up any more. You can even do it while taking a breather from cardio. Let me know if it helps.

Ally- Thanks for the chili recipe. I might give that a try next week. :)

Everyone else, you guys look awesome! Have a great day!

Lisa

Diane Sue, you inspired me to do the gym style. I downloaded all the worksheets from your website. Thanks again!

Sandy - LOL on the chart thing! I've done that as well. Especially with the rests. Don't sweat it, you did the exercise, that's all that matters - barbell or dumbbell should be your preference. That part isn't etched in stone. You are doing well, I'm very proud of you! Wait until you have to do 3 sets of 18 reps.

Good Afternoon Maniacs,

I see you are up and at it as usual. Today was fullbody done in supersets with 3 sets of eight.

Back/Chest
Pullups
8/8/7
Incline Barbell Press
8/8/8 - 88# (up 3# on the press, the pull ups were all assisted because I did a set of eight chins before I realized I had the wrong grip)

Hamstrings/Biceps
Elevated SLDL's
8/8/8 - 105# (up 5#)
Concentration Curls
8/8/8 - 26# (up 1#, was going to do 27# but forearms were fried holding the the weight for SLDL's)

Quads/Shoulders
Leg Extensions
8/8/8 - 77 1/2# (up 7 1/2#, was going to try 80# did one felt to hard so pulled off a plate thinking I was doing 75#, when I was done I realized I only pulled off 2 1/2 not 5)
Upright Rows
8/8/8- 58# (up 3#)

Then did some ab work on my own.

Debbie - Nice workout! Those are some impressive weights. On this rotation you did 125# for Leg Extensions, that just blows my mind. I want to cry at 77 1/2#.

Have a great day!

Linda

I finished my workout. I did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt Fitness abs segment, then Amy Bento's 10 min solution ab segment, finshed with 4DSplit Low Intensity Step abs segment and stretch and Amy's 10 min solution stretch. I added weights to up the intensity on Kelly's and Cathe's ab workouts. I am leaving early to get the grandchildren so I can stop at the library and pick up the two Slow Cooker books I reserved. One is Dana Carpender Low carb Slow Cooker, and the other is Fix it and Forget it light Slow Cooker. I already purchased two books and thought I would see what these other two were like before I purchase.

Lisa, Sometimes Walmart carries the sodium free Herb Ox but most of the time they have it with the salt. I am lucky I have a grocery store close that sells a lot of healthy stuff and has a whole section of organics and things like ground hazelnut meal, quinoa and rice products. You could probably get away with half the lighter broth mix and just add some extra onion powder and parsley to whatever you are cooking. Just a suggestion. I am always experimenting:) Edited to add that Herb ox is a product of Hormel. Maybe you could check out their website or call and find a location to purchase it.

Ally, thanks:D I am glad that I inspired you to do Gym Styles.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Maniacs!!!

This morning I got on elliptical.

30 mins
3.9 mi.
269 cals burned
pace: 8-11 mph

Ate lunch and gonna do yoga shortly.

I'll be back for personals. Busy day

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Turkey meatloaf; 2 tbsp. walnuts
M5: Vanilla Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M6: 4 oz. 95% ff beef burger; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Chocolate Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1950 calories
54 g. fat - 25%
185 g. protein - 38%
183 g. carbs - 37%
[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.