Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed June 11

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning was day 10 of WSFL - Strength Circuit A and Circuits C & D (leg day....ouch...my stiff legs). Then I did the 30/90 intervals 6 rounds....used my Rebounder for the intervals ...fast running and jogged around the house for the rest periods. I cut my rests down to 60 sec instead of 90. Got my HR up to 162 on one interval. That's difficult for me to do with these shorter intervals. I added on Amy Bento's Hi Lo Dome stretch. Workout was 61" and I burned 492 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

Just wanted to mention (yes...I'm bragging)....the Owner of the Car Dealership I work at asked me how old I was yesterday...cuz I said this one radio station "played oldies". When he found out I'm 48 on the verge of turning 49, he was surprised. Nothing like me sticking my foot in my mouth...as I said..."I'm probably your age" and he's only 39! Yikes. Hope I didn't offend him. Anyway, 5 minutes later he came out and said that he honestly thought I was only in my 30's......cuz I guess he saw that I was a bit "sensitive" about my age...if you will....or you can call it the midlife crisis I've been going thru lately! My job is going well and I still like it there a lot. Just thought I'd mention that since I did enough complaining when I hated my job.

I bought Seether tickets last night. July 15 in Youngstown!! YAY!!

Today was cardio and I chose Itread Set #2 that was 40 minutes. These workouts are continuous running of some sort. Kind of frustrating that there isn't more rest periods. I did fairly well, though.

Then I did the ab work from Kick, Punch & Crunch. Love that one!

[font color=indigo]Cardio only stats:[/font]

[font color=blue]41 minutes
35 minutes in zone
257 calories burned
2.8 miles travelled
[/font]

Lora - I'd love to see Seether! I'm sure you will have fun!

Finished my workout. The plan was to run on the treadmill but didn't feel like it today. I did all of Sharon Twombly's Athletic Step Jam including the ball portion. I burned 747 calories doing it. Then I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme back, biceps, and triceps. Total calories burned was 970 calories. Was tempting to run around the room and make it 1000 LOL. DD is coming over and our nephew's wife. Nephew's wife is trying start up selling Mary Kay and wanted to do facials. I don't really care for the stuff so will probably get lotion or something.

Lora, I bet you felt great with the compliment. Lol on the "about your age" comment. Glad you are enjoying your job.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did RCR workout-B. Again, it is a weight circuit workout with 3 circuits, each repeated 3 times. I followed with PHH stretch and workout was about an hour. I just bought a new kind (for me) of Ezekiel bread, it's cinnamon raisin bread. I'm having it with some pb and a titch of honey on it. It's delish! I think it'd be a great snack to pack in my bike back pack for my longer rides. Anyone else ever tried that kind? It's 80 cals. a slice.

Lora- congrats on the compliment!! I'm so glad that you like your job. Who cares if you work some weekends. The lower stress alone is worth that sacrifice.:)

Debbie-Diane Sue- Great workouts for both of you!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

This morning I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix #2, and it was a great burn!!! According to my MIO I burned 433 cals, the workout was 43 minutes.

I had green tea this morning with oatmeal.

Lora - Brag girl! It's good that you're getting "nice" compliments these days and glad you're happy with your job too! Great workout.

Debbie - Nice workout.

Diane Sue - I thought maybe if I go home in the afernoons and do a cardio or weights I could maybe get up to what you burn! Amazing!

Dallys - What workout are you doing? Sorry I must have missed. The bread sounds good especially with the pb and "titch" of honey!

Hi to all that follow!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I have internet service again. The cable was cut out in our area so couldn't get on. I worked my biceps yesterday. Didn't work triceps cuz they were already fried from the pullovers so today I am working shoulders and triceps/abs. Gonna do less cardio now since my eating has been so good and not really feeling like I need as much cardio.

Teddygirl - Sorry, I missed you post from yesterday. I totally forgot to look for those eggplants! I'll put it on my list and look for them Saturday. Thanks for the reminder!

Afternoon,

We was swamped/busy when I got here this morning. How can I fix my lips to say NO workout last night only shopping didn’t get home till 10:30 Then me and sis ate and put up her things and mines, she didn’t take her things home not while hubby was there lol. She’s a shopper wore me out, I didn’t get to bed till 12:30 and I was too dam tired this morning.

Between the two of us we spent $570.00 Sam’s Club and Wal-Mart. Any who, wish I could say I was working out tonight, but I now have my patient Monday & Wednesday (picked up an extra day). I’m taking Daniel swimming this evening in our pool.

I promise tomorrow, I set my mind right and get busy :D

Nice workouts everyone;)

Debbie: I will remind you Friday :D :D

Have you guys ever tried Sam’s Club Rotisserie Chicken, already cooked and seasoned, they sell them for under $5 bucks I've been seeing them for years, I brought one last night OMG…OMG… :+ it’s delicious Excellent when you just don’t feel like cooking.

When me and sis got back to my places we was tired and hungry we RIPPED into it, lol Really tho, I can’t believe I never tried it untill now. Thought I share that's all!

I'm butting into this thread because of the Sam's Club chicken mention. When you ladies are having your pig-out days, I'm going to suggest that you try Wal-Mart Deli (if you have access to a Super Walmart with groceries) fried chicken. A 16 piece chicken only bucket is less than $11.00. It's THE best, honest. If Sam's has fried chicken, I wonder how it would compare.

[font color=indigo]Meals for the day:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: 1 slice 12 grain bread w/ 2 tbsp. power pb & 1 tbsp. less sugar raspberry jam; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese mixed w/Peaches & Cream yogurt
M5: Chipolte Talapia; salad w/Parmesan dressing
M6: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese

[font color=blue]1542 calories
58 g. fat - 34%
146 g. protein - 38%
110 g. carbs - 28%
[/font]

I'll have to do something about M3. WAY too much fat in that meal but it's so good and so much better then freakin' chicken. I need to substitute the raw almonds with something else but I have no idea what? I'd like to eat an apple or something but that always takes my carbs sky high. I hate that. I love fruit and never have any because of this fact.

I also need to eat more calories. I should be around 1600 and I can't seem to get there. I find myself hungry all day long. Not good.

Cakebaker,

One day I will try the fried chicken even tho I don’t fry my food, but every now and again I will visit KFC for a few piece. They just build a hugh Walmart by me and it is FANTASTIC l love the meat department, cheap, well not really but affordable prices. Thank you for sharing!:)

Debbie,

Towards the end of my vacation I did not feel as hungry at all. I think what happens is when I am not working out that my metabolism must start slowing down and since I am not burning many calories as well just lose my appetite so now I am trying to work on getting my appetite back/revving up metabolism.

Have you gained weight from eating less?

Debbie: I personally don't feel like M3 has hardly any fat and beside its good fat that our body needs, right! Me, I loooove the 12 grain bread, I buy it every now and then, heck I love bread period, eat it every day. But, when I buy 12 grain, I always want to eat 2 slices, thick and good, I opt for only one, most of the time. What about an apple with PP or even a turkey sandwich, just me .02cents:D Your meals are always perfect!

Here's my meals for today:
M1: banana protein pancakes w/tbsp of PP
M2: spinach salad w/cottage cheese, ½ c peaches, onions, red peppers, croutons, tomato
M3: apple & cheese stick
M4: rotisserie chicken leg & thigh & vegetables (after I come from swimming)

Have a great evening all!

Just got home from work and need opinions. I came home to a call on my answering machine about a job interview for an Administrative Asst postion at a Drug Rehab place. I am so happy at my current job but the one bad thing (besides low pay) is I don't have health insurance and if something happens to my DH's job, I'd not have coverage and would need to find a job with coverage. Do I go for the interview ??? give up the environment I'm in and a job I can do! ........or just go for the interview to check it out. I'm so conflicted. Not sure what to do. I'm afraid to pray about it and put it in God's hands....as when I've done that before, I've felt like I've made some huge mistakes. Help!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.