Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Jan 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did P90X+ Upper Body & Abs & Core. I did the chinups/pullups with chair assistance and I used my arm slings for the ab work. I love these things. I used the pushup bars and find it easier to do pushups on my toes with these. My shoulders are toast though and not sure how long I will last with this rotation. Workout was 68" and I burned 389 calories.

I think after a while I might mix in some P90 Masters with this rotation. I think it will work well and will add to the variety for me.

I'm off tomorrow cuz the office manager and the other girl training me won't be in the office..........and I'm happy about a day off....but not about losing the pay. At least I'll get to sleep in a bit tomorrow. These 2:15 am wakeup calls have been brutal!

Diane Sue - are you saying that you think Nocturne is like silk powder or are you saying that Aromaleigh has a silk powder out? I like the Nocturne. I used it for a while, but lately I've been forgetting. Too stressed out about work and keep forgetting to put it on since I keep it upstairs and I take my makeup off after work, downstairs. Did you hurt yourself doing the pit workout? Are you going to add ankle weights to the hanging ab raises in the Ab/core workout and floor work? What weight are you using for the chops and other standing exercises. I'm not sure I'm doing a couple moves right in the upper body. That bicep exercise when you lean back....not sure I did it right. Any pointers? Also, the side hammer/kick. Not sure if I went heavy enough or if I did it improperly. What weight did you use? One more question-- are you going to start varying your reps as you go and maybe lift heavier some days and do less reps?? I'm thinking I'll probably do that sometimes for a change.

Randi - you look great in your pics. Wow....those are some flat..flat abs you've got my dear!! I envy you!

Toasty - did you look at your P90X+ yet? What do you think? Do you have your chinup bar ready? I can't wait for the Lupercalia update on BPAL. I'm going crazy. Did you end up liking any of your Yules? I love Diwali, Chanukkiyah, Noche Buena and The Shivering Boy.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!

I am doing P90X+ Upper and Abs/Core as well today. I'm still doing the chinups and pullups with the chair but hopefully soon...:) I just ordered the push up stands so they should be here by the middle of next week, the ones I have now are fairly cheap so the little rubber ends on the bottom keep popping offx(

Well off to workout and then I have to get ready for our local chamber of commerce's "ladies luncheon" lol! I keep imagining either little old ladies or a bunch women wearing pill box hats and pastels. Should be interesting.

Lora-Thank you so much for asking about my cat Chloe. All of her blood work is fine and she has no problematic symptoms other than the weight loss so at this point the vet thinks its behavioral. We have quite a few other cats, including some recent additions, and are temporarily caring for an abandoned dog so maybe its just too much commotion? I am going to start spending some extra time with her and feed her separately and see if it helps.

Hope you all have great workouts today!

Coni

Good Morning, I started my workout this morning sith Amy Bento's Step Challenge 2 and 10 min solution trouble zones stretch. I will do P90X+ Total Body when I get home from taking the girls to school.

Lora, Aromaleigh has a new silk powder as well as Nocturne. When I get back I will try and answer your questions. I have to leave in a couple of minutes:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Today I did total body and had a good workout. I do believe I could have pushed harder, however. Some of the weights I chose seemed easy but due to wrist pain again, I couldn't go any higher.

1 min. rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Wide Grip Pullups: 8/5/4
[font color=blue]***Fairly happy with this. I haven't done wide grips in about 4 weeks so being able to get to 8 was a good thing.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Incline Barbell Press:
100# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***These felt good. I don't think I could have gone higher without struggling on the last few reps.[/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS[/font]
SLDL's:
100# - 8/8/8 - PB here!!!!
[font color=blue]***These felt good, low back was ok so I'm happy with this. Not sure I will go above 100# on these though.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
Concentration Curls:
25# - 8
27# - 8/8
[font color=blue]***These were way too easy but my right wrist was killing me. I wrapped it for the 2nd and 3rd set which helped but there was still pain shooting up my arm. WTF???[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Leg Extensions:
120# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Could have gone higher here but I couldn't get anymore weights on the leg attachment.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Wide Grip Upright Rows:
60# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Should have gone higher here as well but again, my wrists were bothering me. Got a great burn with these, though.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CALVES[/font]
Gym Style Calf Raises

That is all....

Hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

My biceps are toast this morning. I love when they get sore!

Today I am resting and will be until Friday. Friday is the day I will start P90X.

Question: I have the tree bar so I can actually do my hanging raises for ab with my forearms resting on pads. Do you think I could still work it hard enough like this or would need to hang off pole instead like they do in the X?

Lora,

I got a call from Tastee Freez yesterday. The corporation finially got back with me. I told the women everything that happen over there,the way I was treated, etc. She said she had gotten complaints before about manager. She said she would like to offer me a job at another Tastee Freez and would get back with me. So I told her I would be interested as long as I don't work for that man again and so need the money for all the goodies too. lol. My fav yule is La Befana. The one you said has a strong violet smell. I love it. I am wearing Mantle of Venus today.

ETA: Lora, I just read your post from last night. I have two pullup bars I could use. One is the squat rack which can be used as pullup and the tree bar for pullups, hanging raises and decline for ab work.

Morning ladies, today is Gym Style back, biceps and shoulders.

Debbie - Thanks, I believe you already did though. :)

Diane Sue - I agree, everyones pictures on here are amazing.

Anne - Thanks, I know it's not much but I was shocked to see the scale actually moving, I seemed to be stuck for a while.

Off to workout, have great workouts.

Good Morning Girlies
Last night did cardio fusion and B&G ball abs. I'm getting ready to do S&H shoulders and 4dS kickbox maybe not sure yet.
Lora thanks for the sweet complement. It is amazing what you can look like if you stick with somethng. I know you look great you need to post some pics girl:)

Debbie great workout you look amazing in your pics that's what I want to get to:) And I want to thank you for your awesome rotations that have helped me tremidously sp? :)
Off to workout
BBL
Randi

I aam back and getting ready to go finish up my workout. I have vet appointments for my dogs shots this afternoon. I think I will never get caught up around here. I had a half scoop of protein powder in some decaf coffee this morning. No soy milk today. I am trying to get on track with the nutrition plan.

Lora, I will try to answer some of those questions. Yes, I did hurt myself doing the Pit. I think I pulled something in my low back and my right shoulder was hurting. On P90X+ abs and core so far I have used a 10# medicine ball between my knees for the hanging knee raises. I think maybe my 1# shoe weights might be good to try once I get it all down. I am not sure if I would be needing to take ankle weights off and on throughout the workout. On discus throwers I used 10# dumbbells the first time and dropped to 8's the 2nd time I did it. On wood choppers I used 10#, seated back stroke 8's. On the lean back bicep exercise I think it just will require a few times as it is a little different so it does not feel comfortable. He does tell Traci to lean back a little more and talks about the arm angle. On side hammer kick I used 15#. I have only went through this workout once so I will probably make a few adjustments. I think the way it is done is set to change up the original P90X series. I will probably stick with it as is for now. There are the recovery?? weeks that fit in some of the original weight workouts so I will go heavier there.

Hello Everyone,

I viewed my P90X+ last night, well only 2 of them. The KempoX and the Upper Body, I have to say, I don't like his way of cardio, no ones really together, and he's really goofy. Sorry, I know a lot of you like it, but I don't know if I'll be able to get into this workout. I know I will not do the cardio he has, I guess I'm used to structure like Cathe and Amy have. They've spoiled me.
If I do the rotation I will put in Cathe cardio or Amy.

JMHO on the P90X+. Didn't get to view the Total Body, will try to look at that one tonight. Kind of dissappointed with it. Maybe it'll grow on me. We'll see.

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Charlotte, I am using my vertical knee raise tower and I have the pads. I think it works fine. I really think I have more control over concentrating on my abs and core with it than hanging from my arms. I tried hanging on the lat tower on my Bowflex(I know your not supposed to do that, I put weights on the bottom to stabalize it more) That is how I made my decision to stick with my vkr tower. You can try both ways and see how you feel about it.

Morning Friends,

How's everyone doing? I woke up with a headache,but it seems to have subsided now. Also, I can't seem to get enough sleep these days. I am having the hardest time getting out of bed.

Any how, on with the workout - Supersets:

Back
WG Pullups
10 - 2 unassisted/8 assisted
CG Pullups
10 - 3 unassisted/ 7 assisted (this up one unassisted for me! Woohoo!)
Chins
10 - 3 unassisted/ 7 assisted
Biceps
Barbell Curls
8/8/8 - 50# (really wish I could try preacher curls)

Back
One Arm Rows(palms back)
12/12/12 - 30#
Biceps
Hammer Curls w/ Twist
10/10/10 - 22 1/2's

Back
Incline Pullover
12/12/12 - 42#
Biceps
Reverse DB Curls
12/12/12 - 15's

Good workout. Forearms are fried.

Debbie - Sorry your wrists are bothering you again. I know for awhile there they were feeling good. I feel your pain.:-( But you still blow me away with those leg extensions, I feel like a wimp. Also, I got your email, haven't had a chance to look it over yet, but thanks!

Lora - What in world time do you go to work if you are getting up at 2:15am? And when do you go to bed, 6pm?

Char - Good Luck with the job!

Great workouts everyone, as always!

Linda

Need a good protien powder thinking about getting BSN's N.O. Explode anyone heard good things about it?
Let me know if you have
Thank you
Randi

Diane Sue,

Thanks for the input. I think I will use my tower then.

Well I took my before P90X pictures. They are in my P90X file. Didn't take that many. Figure side, back and front views are enough. Will take more when I got more to show off! lol.

Sandy,

Sorry to hear your disappointed. I don't need that much cardio anyways so for me I can either do it or substitute biking, or elliptical.

Marietta,

Hey Girl. Nice workout already and you still gonna work out again?? YOU GO GIRL! Show what you got!!! }(

Linda,

Thanks. I am hoping for the best. BTW, very very nice workout! WOW!

Morning Maniacs! Snowed a ton here! DH stayed home this morning to clear out the snow with the snow blower. He's a sweetie! Hope all my customers don't cancel.

This morning I did P90X+ Total body. This workout reminded me of Core Syneregistics. Not what I expected. I liked it, but, I was expecting a more heavy weighted Total body. Lot's of moves I need to get used to and I was running all over the basement doing pullups and pushups. I know I'll do better next time, now that I know what to expect and can get more organized with it (obviously I don't preveiw).:) Was going to do abs, but felt this workout worked them enough.

Lora- I love my arm slings too!

Char- I'm sure your arm rests will work fine with the ab work. The arm slings are similar and I felt it more than with hanging with hands. Hope you get that job!

Coni- I'm thinking of getting the pushup stands too. Let us know if you like them. Hope your cat will be ok. It's hard when they get sick and you don't know what's going on.

Debbie- Nice workout. Sorry your wrists are giving you trouble.

Adina- Great job on the scale moving. I'm doing everything right and mine is frozen, it just shocks me every time I step on it. I want to throw it out the window!

Randi- Your pics looks awesome! Nice definition goin' on.

Sandy- Funny, that's why I like Tony's stuff. He's helped me learn I don't have to follow along like a robot in workouts. I can so my own thing and not get in trouble.:) Took awhile though, I must admit.

Diane Sue- Have fun at the vets today. I'm sure the dogs will love/hate you for it. :)

Marietta- Great job on the itread workout!

Linda- Your doing great with the Pullups!

Later Crazies!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I finished my first time through P90X+ Total Body. I wish it was more of a heavy weight workout. You can't go that heavy on this. It kind of reminds me of Core Synergistics but with more weight segments and lots of pull up/pushup variations. Has more of a cardio feel to it and I was not wild about some of the jumping. I guess I will get used to it. I can see it being effective. I added 10 min solutions with AMy Bento Trouble zones Butt & Thigh Blaster. I am really running behind today. Had a guy come out to test our water and adjust the filter. I am not getting any cleaning done. I am having a quick salad with tuna and fat free dressing then I have to get busy.

Dallys, that is funny. I was thinking the same thing about Core Synergistics. I see myself maybe substituting something legs and back or something once in awhile if I stick with this very long.
Dogs would hate me anyway since I would be sitting on them trying to trim their nails. Why they hate it so much is beyond me. Maybe it will transfer some to the vet LOL

Charlotte,
What are you going to do on Friday? If I do this P90X I will have to start on Saturday. Last night I did 4DS Kickbox. I'm gonna take pics of before and after too. My hubby was supposed to take them last night, but never did, so I will tonight. You'll have to help me with the picture trail so I can post my pics!

Dallys,
I will try the weights but not the cardio, I just don't like the way he does it. It's a good thing we have so much variety, but I will give him a try with the weight part, I'll just sub one of my other w/o's in for cardio.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Oh, Hi Marietta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good to see you again!

Lora - Did you see my post yesterday about your lip glosses? I think it was yesterday? Maybe I posted it on Monday. Nice workout this morning!

Char - Excellent arm workout yesterday. I can see why they'd be sore today! Nice going girl!!! Good luck about the Tastee Freeze!

Coni - Have a great workout! And welcome, by the way!

Randi - Thanks so much for the comments! :)

Marietta - Sorry to make you think I didn't care that you were back. Not my intention at all. Just been busy and can't get on here too often. How are the iTreads set up? When you are doing them, do you have any clue what the intervals will be before you do them? I hate not knowing what's in a workout. I like the CC workouts because Sean always tells you what the next interval will be.

Linda - Nice workout. Why can't you do preacher curls? No attachment?

Dallys - Lucky you on the snow! I want some. I'm SO SICK OF RAIN! Good Lord. Great going on your workout!

Debbie - Yeah, I don't have the attachment. So I can only add it to my wish list some day.

Lora & Dallys - Where'd you get the arm slings?

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.