Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Jan 30

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Xlfowsion only. Trying hard to do a recovery week. I really wanted to do a Patrick DVD today....but forced myself to do this. Workout was 64" and I burned 352 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

This morning I did another full body workout. Had a great workout and I'm feeling better today. This is what I did:

1:30 rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Wide Grip Pullups: 8/6/5
[font color=blue]***I was happy I got to 8. Felt very strong this morning but these always sneak up on me and sometimes I don't do as many as I want.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Incline Barbell Press:
95# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***These felt good. I should have maybe gone up to 100#.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Wide Grip Upright Rows:
60# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Should have went higher.[/font]

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
Hammer Curls:
30's - 8/8/6
[font color=blue]***These were tough. I'm excited that I got two sets of 8 reps with 30's! Woo hoo![/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS[/font]
SLDL's:
90# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***These felt good. Probably could have gone higher.[/font]

That is all....

So far this morning I have done Low Intensity Circuit cardio blast premix(no str) then I did Low Impact step cardio and lower circuit premix using dumbbells instead of the stability ball for the standing lower work(I did not toss them in the air LOL) I wore ankle weights on the floor work. I am headed back to do P90X chest, shoulders, and triceps. Stopped and had a grapefruit. I needed some energy.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue,

You need energy???? That is funny. You got more energy then your grandchildren probably have. Yeah, no throwing db's..hehe

Morning Maniacs,

Today was full body done in supersets, three sets of eight with 90 second rests.

Back
WG Pullups
8/8/8 - 2/4/2 unassisted (I don't understand the secret to getting these, I am so frustratedx( )
Chest
Incline Barbell Press
8/8/8 - 75# (up 5#, was happy with this until I saw Debbie's numbers:p)

Shoulders/Traps
WG Upright Rows
8/8/8 - 30's (up 5#, was a struggle though)
Quads
Bulgarian Split Squats
8/8/8 - 75# (Oh how I hate thee, but up 5# anyway)

Biceps
Barbell Curls
8 - 53#
8/8 - 52# (up 2#, this was TOUGH, Char - don't know how you do what you do)
Hamstrings
Hamstring Curls
8/8/8 - 42 1/2# (up 2 1/2#, probably should have gone heavier)

Then I did ab work from 4 DS KB.

Great workouts everyone!

Linda

Linda - About your wide grips. You know, I started out with regular chin ups. Once I got to 10 reps easily, I then started doing close grip pullups with palms facing out. Got to 10 reps on those. THEN I started doing wide grips. Wide grips are the HARDEST and I still struggle with them. I have gotten to 10 reps maybe twice, but lately I haven't been able to pass 8. So maybe start with chins until you master those, then move on to close grip pullups and then start doing wide grips. It is frustrating when you only get two to four reps out, but that still is good!

I forgot that I did Static Lunges today. I did those at 85# each leg, 3 sets/8 reps. DUH!!!

Debbie - Thanks for the advice I will definitely try that. I also have the bar that goes in the doorway which doesn't help. I am going to have my dad make me one that mounts to the ceiling. Boy, I love that man!

Linda

Good Morning Maniacs!!

This morning I did iTread #13. It was supposed to be 45 minutes, but she started the cool-down at about 40 minutes...I was ready for a 45 minutes...so I ran for 50 minutes. Traveled a little over 5 miles.

I'm going to work chest this afternoon.

Pullups are bear...but the more you do them the better you will get at doing them...hang in there!

Have a great day ladies!

http://1ww.us/1/Marietta.gif[/img]
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Linda - How the heck can you even do wide grips on those bars that span a doorway? I started out with one of those and I had a hard time doing chins with it. My power tower is a godsend. I love that piece of equipment. You can do pullups with excellent form with this thing.

Debbie - it's not working, which is why I have called in dear old Dad. I just do the best I can.

I do have a design question though, for Debbie or anyone, is the bent bar better than a straight bar? And if you have a power tower could you tell me long long that bent bar is?

Thanks for the help!
Linda

Linda - My power tower has the bent bar and I love it. It's great for the wide grips. You know, I got my power tower at Dunham's, it was the floor model so I got it dirt cheap. Yes it has some scratches on it, but who cares? It does the job. So if you are looking around, try to finagle with the sales people. They may end up giving you a great deal too.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats, 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: 1 whole boiled egg, 3 whole egg whites; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/2 banana & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M6: 4 oz. 95% ff beef burger patty; salad w/Light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1727.5 calories
58 g. fat - 30%
167 g. protein - 39%
143 g. carbs - 33%
[/font]

Debbie - I would love a power tower, but unfortunately I don't currently have the floor space for one (due to the myriad of toys, DH's cardio equipment and a leg bench he never uses). Also, my ceilings are only 90 inches in my basement, so I would only have a clearance of 4 inches overhead.x( . That's why I keep mounting everything to the ceiling.

Linda

Toasty - Re; Diane Sue's comment......I was thinking more along the lines of .....a grapefruit for energy. I don't think a grapefruit would even register in my system! I guess that's why Diane Sue looks all lean and cut and I'm just a regular porker!

I did finally get in P90X Chest Shoulders and Triceps. Upped the weight again on a lot of moves. I followed with Spinervals Flexible warrior swim segment and Keli Roberts Foam Roller Flexibility workout. For lunch I had a SW salad from sonic with grilled chicken. I bought it home and added spinach and fat free ranch with some low sodium salsa. Snack was home made pudding with skim milk and splenda mixed with vanilla whey protein powder. Dinner was a mixed green salad with mandarin oranges, feta cheese, onions, and fat free raspberry dressing.

Lora, I do not always eat perfectly. Do not be so hard on yourself.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Lora,

Well I had cookies. I know better. I swear! You are waaaayyyy too hard on yourself. I am gonna have to come up to Ohio and smack you upside the head..NOW STOP! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.