Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Jan 17

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Hardcore Gym Style Legs Timesaver premix (50") followed by abs from Body Max 2 (10"). My green band snapped in half doing the outer leg presses lying on my back. I liked this workout as it had a good mix of lying and standing leg work. It took me 70 minutes to complete both of them though. I burned about 270 calories.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in from work but it's been very busy. I think both of my bosses were probably ready to get rid of me yesterday. I just didn't do too well with anything yesterday! Ugh it's frustrating.

Good MOrning
My legs and butt are sore! Yesterday I did S&H legs and B&G floor work and abs. My mom just did S&H legs with me she couldnt take it anymore:) I am doin S&H back and bis and LIC cardio. Todays my long day I work 10-7 then have my dogs training class at 7:45. I'm bringing my dog with me to work so she can play and I can give her a bath.

Lora great workout sorry that your band broke in half:( HOpe you have a better day today:)

Have a great day everyone
Randi

Good morning maniacs!!
Well, I am back to 142!! Just one more to go to be back to my lowest. I feel so good about that today. I am getting ready to go to the docs for breathing tests.
I am hoping to be able to start that rotation today! So 70 min cardio.

Lora- don't be so hard on yourself. Today is a new day! Have a good one.

Randi- have fun at class, your dog is so lucky!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

My lats, shoulders and tri's are still sore from Monday! I had fun with the plyo's yesterday and today is Back/Biceps/Ab Ripper. Cleaning house too. I may get my hair trimmed later with my son. My hair is getting very long, but I am only get a trim..may add another layer to have long bangs cuz I don't really have bangs now.

So Anne is getting boobies today! All I want is bigger arms..maybe 50# db's will do it....SOMEDAY. Nah, it ain't gonna be today. }(

Lora,

Have faith in yourself. Like Tony says...Do your best and forget the rest. You need to love yourself and believe in yourself first...those people are not important, maybe financially, for your survival, but they are people too and they also make mistakes. Your boss is no god and neither are the others. Picture your boss naked...maybe you will be able to laugh and then relax..relax..relax and be Lora.

Meg,

I will email you back soon. I am so happy to hear about your weight! YIPPEE! So what weight do you want to be or are you satisified with where you are?

Randi,

Isn't it fun to have others join us when we workout? Sounds like you had a nice workout. Have fun today!

Charlotte~~

This morning is P90X shoulders and arms and cardio. I woke up around 2 am with a migraine. I didn't want to wake the dogs to get something so waited it out till 6 to get up and take something. Hopefully it will let up soon so I can get going on my workout.

Lora, good workout today. I have only had one band break on me in all of the years I have worked out. It was a pink one I used with a Kari Anderson workout. Last time I ordered bands I ordered another green one to replace the GS one because it was getting sticky even though I put talcum powder on it. I had a tubing handle pop off once and hit myself in the chin:7

Meahgan, good for you getting your weight back down.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning I did Cardio Coach #4. This one is the hardest of them all. Lots of distance running and short rests. Don't like it that much but thats because I love sprinting and not distance. Workout was 40 minutes but I stayed on the treadmill and kept my HR in my aerobic zone for another 20 minutes. Workout was 1:04, was in my zone for 50 minutes and burned 349 calories.

I can tell I need a break, at least 4 or 5 days. As soon as I'm done with my rotation I'm going to take one. My joints hurt, I'm starting to get injuries and I'm very tired during the day. Not a good sign.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good morning,

Must be something in the air. My head hurts. I wouldn't say quite migraine strength but a bit stronger than just a headache. I'm going to do the 30 minute yoga (yes Charlotte, you heard me right) from Y4H to see if that helps b/c I don't want to take Imitrex before work b/c it makes me so tired and I'm trying really hard to avoid Excedrin. I wonder if yoga will help or if my head will pound in downward dog. I guess I'll find out really quickly. I'll have to do Back & Biceps tonight, darn it!

Great job on the weight loss Meg! Randi, your dog is so lucky! Char, have a fun haircut. Diane Sue, I hope your head feels better real soon. Charlotte have a great workout and a great haircut. And Lora like Charlotte said just do your best.

ETA: Hi Debbie - we posted at the same time. :) NO MORE INJURIES!!!
And Anne - we're thinking of you!

Hi to everyone else.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Debbie, Maeghan, and Suz - thank you for your reply's from yesterday. I am reposting my message just so more Maniacs see the message. I truly look up to you gals and would appreciate any and all advice. Thanks again!

Posted originally on 1-16-07:
Hi! I'm highjacking your thread to ask a question to all you buff, fit ladies.

I recently lost some weight (as was needed) by adhering to a strict meal plan created for me by a pro body builder (no, I'm not into body building - I just knew he'd know how to get me slimmer in a relatively short amount of time.)

In essence, I cut out all white flour, sugar, dairy, and fruit. I upped my protein A TON, and stopped my diet soda habit completely by drinking nothing but water.

I'd now like to stop losing, maybe even gain a bit back, but I in no means want to go back to how it was before. See, before I ate whatever I wanted and usually in a mass quantity. I'm an all-or-nothing person so if I'd eat a Little Debbie snack cake for breakfast (with a Mountain Dew), I'd think to myself, 'Well, Jill, you already blew it today!' and I'd eat the ENTIRE box of Little Debbie's.) Up until late Oct. of '06 (which is when I began the meal plan), I consumed a lot of fast food, tons of sugar every day, and very little protein. I did workout a lot and am blessed with a somewhat high metabolism, so I weighed about 155. Since starting my new meal plan, I've lost about 30 lbs. I would like to slowly add foods back in or at least up my caloric intake, but am terrified I'll go all or nothing again. While I don't want to be tired, hungry, and cold all the time, I don't want to be unhealthy and chubby either. And I don't want to be restrictive or obsessive either.

My question? Should I try doing one cheat meal a week, one cheat DAY a week? What do you HARDCORE ladies do in terms of your clean eating/cheating ratio?? What do you suggest? I know each person's different, but I'm just looking for some advice from some ladies whose bodies and attitudes I admire.

Any and all advice is MUCH appreciated!!!!!!

Jillybean,

You sound like me..."all or nothing" person. That is me!!! lol. I use to eat a box of donuts and then go buy another. Egads!}( :p My metabolism is also high. Are you ectomorph? Great job on that amount of weight loss! You will not be tired, hungry or cold all the time once the bad food sources are eliminated from your body. When you are just trying to get off the bad stuff like sugar especially, you may feel tired until your body adjust and then you will begin to feel much better and have more energy too. You don't have to be too restrictive, you can have one cheat day a week, but I wouldn't go crazy. I like to have pizza on my cheat days, but I still like to limit myself to just a few slices and then I might have ice cream later or popcorn, but then the next week, I might just cheat alittle if I have the ice cream and/or popcorn from last week. Get what I am saying? Try to mix it up..cheat heavy, cheat light, but you can cheat AND only ONCE a week. You might want to try to go two weeks of eating clean as possible, if you want to challenge yourself, and depending on if that would work for you. I can do it, but some people find it harder and sometimes it messes them up that they will cheat even more after 2 weeks of clean eating because they may feel deprived..depends on you. Keep your workouts consistent and make sure you eat enough calories. Remember your burning cals too so if you have a heart rate monitor, that would help. Go to Fitday.com to calculate your cals and get your ratio of protein/carbs/fats.

ETA: when I do eat the popcorn or icecream...I go for very small portions...I would NEVER get a $5 bucket of popcorn or a banana split sundae. Just keep it simple and small.
Charlotte~~

Good Morning maniacs!!!

I just caught up on yesterday's thread..not yet on today's but I just had to say..JILLYBEAN....YOU LOST 30#'s!!!! I'm way impressed. First, I eat very similar to you, but I do have a cheat day and the only meat I eat is seafood and fish. Lately, my cheat day hasn't been a cheat day because I'm actually up on weight and down on inches. Maybe I need to add a lot more protein like you...I'm not sure about losing the diet soda though, when you don't drink milk, that is it for fun liquid!!! You are pretty tall right? I personally would try a cheat day...then if you can't stand it, or feel that it's sabotaging your diet too much, cut back to one meal. For me that meal is always a thin crust pizza with feta and tons of veggies!!!!

Ok gotta catch up with the other hardcore's I'll BBL.

Amber

Ok I'm back..

Best of luck to anne today..

P90x'ers--- I had to do PLYo this morning...it is getting easier, but my HR still gets up to 180 after mary catherines and rock stars and tuck jumps. Tonight is back and biceps...love this one!

Suz and Diane Suz..take care of those migraines, Diane sue you crack me up with not wanting to wake the pups up, I can remember doing that. I swear they are like children aren't they?

Suz..yippee, can't wait to see my surprise. I agree with the yelling style...I used to be a yeller...and found that I can be quite a bit more effective without it. I keep forgetting to tell you how much I love Cesar ....he really has changed my relationship with my dog... for the better. I saw him on oprah a couple years ago and haven't stopped watching since...we have his dvd's and I make the boys watch it. Good luck with the boss...maybe he will retire soon. I guess I'm really lucky...perfect work environment here, absolutely no drama ever.

Lora...hugs...and time is usually the answer to comfort and skill at a new job.

Meg..what a coincidence with diagnosis, I had no clue what sarcoidosis was until she was diagnosed, I really feel for what you go through, you are one strong woman!!! (my friend has let herself go completely since then, not fighting it at all, more like using it as an excuse for everything else in her life)

Dallys...did you come up with a t-shirt for us yet...maybe one barbell or dumbbell with a two or three maniacs holding it up and 2 or 3 of us pushing it down..

Missy...are you feeling better?

BBL

AMber

Hey Maniacs! Today will be another CC day! Not sure which one yet. I need to get in some more yoga, but I keep forgetting too.;):p It's
-4 degrees this morning. I almost died! "Lady freezes to death taking out garbage in robe and slippers!" News at 11:00.

Lora- Hang in there. No one is perfect. Remember that.

Randi- You and your mom are doing great with the workouts! Have fun washing you dog today!

Meg- Way to go! You are doing so well!

Char- Show us a pic of the new do!

Diane Sue- Keep some medicine by your bed tonight. Always be prepared with the puppies. LOL! Hope your headache goes away.

Debbie- Yeah, CC4 had really short rests and long climbs and sprints. I don't mind it on the bike, but I'd die on the treadmill, I think. Funny, the sprints are harder for me on the bike than the climbs. Although the climbs really work my legs hard. Sounds like you need a bread for a few days. You are smart too listen to your body.

Suz- Hope the yoga will help with the headache. I used to get headaches all the time when I was on the pill. They have mostly gone away since I quit that. Hey, once in awhile you just got to yell at someone. I'm glad I work for myself, hearing all these bad boss stories.

Amber- I like that T-shirt idea! Debbie could be benching and we could all be sitting on the bar! LOL!

Hi Missy and all you others our there!

Jillybean- I shouldn't even answer you, because I've been so bad lately, but here goes. LOL! First, congrats on the weight loss! And I bow to you for cutting out the diet soda.:) What works best for me to lose weight(when I'm trying lol!) is one day of cheating (I hate that term), and not going too wild. To maintain, I don't have to be so strick. I can eat some goodies here and there through out the week. But, not the whole bag of something! LOL! I have the "Metabolism advantage" book and I like how he says to eat your carbohydrates after your workouts or high activity. So, if you are sitting on the couch, eat your protein and vegies. If you just worked out or did a major day of shopping for example, feel free to add in your pastas and breads and potatoes or fruits. If you have been really strick, I'd add slowly. Like one cheat (hate that term again) meal for a week, then 2 cheat meals, then one whole day etc. See what works. If you do it slowly, you'll know when it's to much and when to tighten up again. Now, if I could follow my own advice. LOL! And remember, if you are going to eat something evil, make it worth it. Like go for the fancy cheese cake over the ho ho's.

Gotta get to work.....later

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Breathing tests went well. I go back on the 30th to talk to the doc, but it all looks good.

Amber- that is so sad. Once I got the diagnosis, I really upped my WO's and was determined that it isn't getting me down. Lots of times, I do cardio to relieve the joint pain. It makes it all feel better when my body gets heated up. My alternative to a hot tub!LOL!
Thank you though.

DS- I really hope that head starts to behave. I have had 2 migraines in my life and would never want another. Good luck.

Lora- ditto to what Char said.

Jillybean- thanks for the PM!! Sounds good. And congrats again.

Suz- hope your head ffeels better too. Hopefully work is much better today. I am thinking of you too.

Deb- don't wait to long to take your break. Take it easy.

Char- actually, I want to go down a bit more. 141 is my lowest, but I still have some flab around my core area. I would like to aim for 135, but probably not much lower then that. Wouldn't look right I don't think.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Morning gorgeous ladies! I am feeling SO much better!!!! I am not sluggish, no more fever, sore throat, woohoo! Thank you for asking Amber!!!

Let's see...

Lora, my band is getting ready to snap! It has a couple of holes in it already. x( Time for a new one!

Randi, how fun that you get to bring your dog to work!!! Where do you work again? I don't know if I forget or just never knew :p

Meg, breathing tests? What did I miss? I hope all goes well!

Gine Davis, er, I mean Charlotte, I love the length of your hair. I need to go in soon to get my layers done shorter, too, but it seems like every time I get it cut it grows faster! Grrr!

Diane Sue, I used to get migraines. I am so sorry that you have one! I sure hope that you feel better. :)

Debbie, where do you get these CCs? I am very interested!

Suz, :( Sorry about the headache. But yeah for standing up to the boss! :7 DH must be so proud!

Jillybean (love the avatar!), I am also an all or nothing person! I always did best when I did one cheat day a week and here is why: When I ate completely clean from Sun to Fri (steamed veggies, fruit, organic hot cereals, etc), after one bite of something like macaroni and cheese or store bought cake would made me want to gag and spit it out because it tasted so plasticky (is that a word) and processed. I still indulged in chocolate, but once I got all that taste of preservatives and additives out of my system my body wanted nothing to do with them. I also drink only water or tea. I think that food tastes better when you don't have something else taking away its flavor (except for wine on special occasions) and I don't miss the tast of sodas or anything else. In fact, I haven't had a soda since I was 15. Don't miss it at all. I am so used to drinking water, and LOVING water, that it doesn't bother me at all. Of course, that is just me and my strange body. ;) and I am starting up on it again starting Monday with DH. I kinda let myself go after Thanksgiving :eek:

Amber, hope you have a faboo day!

GOOD LUCK ANNE!!!!!!!!!

Today is clean max!!!! I have been sick, nothing has gotten done so I really have to put my house back together today. Let me tell you, it will be a FANTASTIC workout!!! My husband and kids made sure of that. }( }( }( }( }( }( }(

See you later, and wish daughter dearest on her spelling bee competition today! She is so nervous, poor thing!

Missy

Hey, Dallys! I am happy that I caught you before I got off! Last night, I didn't realize how cold it was and I took the dogs out with only my sweats, tank and a light jacket on (it has been really warm here, mid to upper 50's) and came back inside SHIVERING! It was 14 degrees out!!!! Where do you live?

Have an awesome day!

Missy

Randi - I think its cool how your mom works out with you. Kudos to her! My mom tells me I'm destroying my body with the way I workout adn eat. WHATEVER!

Meeghan - Congrats on your weightloss! Awesome!!! :)

Anne - Thinking about you!

Diane Sue - Hope you are feeling better.

Suz - Hope you are feeling better too. I know, I'm trying to avoid injuries.

Missy - go to www.cardiocoach.com - you can either order the CD or download the mp3 version. Its cheaper to download it. These workouts are a must have for anyone who has cardio equipment they use.

Dallys - It was about 15 degrees here this morning. I'm thinking winter is finally here! Yay!

Dallys, I live just outside of Indianapolis, IN. It actually snowed here yesterday for the first time in... since last Feb! It is usually so much colder here this time of year, but we have had some really nice weather, up to 60's. We have only had a few days of below freezing, and I am not complaining! :D

Okay, just sat down to eat my yummy stew (veggies in a tomato base, all homemade and mostly organic, with a provologne cheese topping which is not, yummy! :9) and I was wondering what book I should read next. I have Darth Bane, a Star Wars book on the beginning of the rise of the sith (please no laughing, I love this stuff!), The Perfect Husband by Lisa Gardner about a man who seems like, duh, the perfect husband until he commits murder and she finds out he has a double life, a vampire book from the Anita Blake series, or a trashy and funny romance about a maiden who is taken hostage at sea by a pirate written my Teresa Medeiros. Hmmm, what to choose? Would someone choose for me?

Missy

I think maybe the yoga helped my head. It barely hurts now. :) MY HEATER DIED! The one my co-worker left on ALL weekend! I'm purchasing one today at Wal-Mart out of HER budget. I'm wearing my coat right now. Aaarrrggghhh!!!

Amber - It's funny but I'm not a yeller. I never yell at anyone at work - ever. I was telling my mom about it and she said, "But he's your boss, right?" Like, "I brought you up better than that. You don't disrespect your superiors and you don't yell at your boss." I e-mailed him for something I needed before I left yesterday (access to my former assistant's files) and he's totally ignored the request (he wants to pretend she never existed) and has totally ignored me. Remember my comment about maturing at 65? Sheeesh!

I agree that Meg is one tough cookie!!! Glad your appointment went well Meg.

Missy - Glad you're feeling better. Lots of luck to DD. I bet she'll do great!!!

Dallys - Love your new avatar! Keep forgetting to tell you. I wish there were more days to fit in yoga, cardio, weights, etc. It's so hard. Now that I did yoga this morning I have to do weights tonight. Who has the time? And I must say I'd take Ho Ho's over the fancy cheesecake anyday. :) I'll be watching for you on the news tonight. It's warmed up here a bit. But it's super windy. It's 24 but the wind chill's 9.

Randi - Is your mom sore today? :)

Back to work. Brrrr....

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi again!:p It's lunch time for me. Carrot, cabbage, brown rice soup and a chicken breast.:9 Everything is freezing in my outside fridge. My diet coke is froze.:(
Can one have too many shorts? My E-bay addicion continues. I just bought another pair of shorts off of E-bay. I'm set on shorts now. I just need to get some more short sleaved jerseys and tanks. I missed a real good one on E-bay last night because I got caught up watching American Idol. Did any of you watch it? I love watching all the Singer-wanna-bees.:)

Suz- That's crazy about the heater. I'm glad it's coming out of her budget!

Debbie- Nice to see you are finally getting winter over there.:)

Missy- I guess it's soup day today.:9

I hope Annes surgery went well. When do you all think we'll hear from her? Maybe a week?

Meg- Yes, you are a toughie. Love your attitude too!:)

Darn, Back to work...

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.