Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed August 13

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Kelly Coffey's 30 Minutes to Fitness with Active Rest Ab work. Workout was 75" and I burned 509 calories. Could have went a bit heavier on a few exercises..........will tweak it next time. Running late this AM...gotta run.

Meg - Please PM me your email.

Good morning,
For some strange reason I thought today was Thursday, hm…..Last night, I cooked a big pot of turkey chili afterwards went for an hour walk, didn’t feel like walking longer, I needed to straighten up my apartment clothes and equipment all over the places!

This morning, me did GS legs.

BB Squats:
16 reps 45/45/55/55/60/60

DB Front lunges:
8 reps 15/20/15

DB Back lunges
16 reps 1x10

DB Pile squats
16 reps + 2 ct of 15 15/20/15

Leg press:
16 reps 10/15/10

BB Dead Lift
16 reps - 60/50

Floor work
One leg roll outs
Roll ins on the ball
(love how these feel after I finish dead lifts, I get a good stretch in my hamstring)
Inner thigh squeeze on ball
Inner thigh lift 2x
(2lb ankle wts)
Vertical outer thigh press w/ankle weights
(2lb ankle wts) 2x
Outer thigh raises
(2lb ankle wts)

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well you all know I am not working out as I need to heal so I will see what you chickies are up to then. I am gonna clean some more and can pumpkins. Yup, still feeling very domesticated as always. lol

Teddygirl

I could help you with straightening up your apartment. Love to do that. BTW, nice workout!!!

Lora

Hope you have a good day at work.

Morning Maniacs! Heading out for a short bike ride this morning. Also have Slim Series Tone it Up on for later today. Have a busy day at work and not looking forward to it. At least I have my dd helping me.:)

Toasty- Come help me! I need some serious organizing and don't want to do it! Just want to play!

Lora and Teddy- Great workouts!

Lora-Wanted to ask you if you have the Dove workouts and if you do, what you think about them? Thanks! I'm tempted, since I hear they are Slim Series-ish.

Gotta run or I'll miss my workout window! Times a tickin'!

Last edited:
So today was my last cardio session until either next Friday or the following Monday. Haven't decided yet. This has been my best cardio workout yet. I gave it my all and I was determined to get a 400 calorie burn. I did one of my Cardio Coach mixes and met my goal.

Cardio stats:
1 hr. 4 min.
55 minutes in zone
423 calories burned!!!
4.4 miles travelled

I feel awesome! I was able to get my HR up and keep it up throughout the entire workout and I reached my level 4 several times. I really did push myself! :D

Dallys: Howdy :D Enjoy your workout.

Debbie: Yep! you worked it, good job ;)

Toasty: What time should I expect you? That's good you are taking some time off, smart woman:rolleyes:

Man oh man, my legs are getting sore and stiff, hm, I need to work that out. I have my client this evening, poor kid have to watch me do some stretching :eek:

Flexit - Check out yesterday's thread. I wrote up a thing on why you can't stay logged in here. I hope you seen it.

Pebblesus - Yes, I took the same amount of rest as Cathe. I got out of breath a few times and took a few seconds longer but other then that I just followed the workout.

Lora - That explains the jealousy from your husband.

Morning Crazies,
Did Rhythmic Step this morning. Took a little longer than usual to my being out of breath quite a bit. I must be getting sick as I was starting to feel real tired and somewhat weak yesterday. Joints are hurting a little bit from the arthritis today.

Lora- Don't worry too much about it. He should feel better you're telling him about your guy friends. He's just insecure.

Debbie- Yes, I have frigging AOL. CAN'T STAND it. Every time I try to edit my signature, the forum wouldn't let me. They make me sign on again and every time I sign on to edit something, they say my user name or password is wrong. I live in one of the busiest neighborhood in the county and I do not have high speed on my street. WTF? I'll be moving out into the boonies next year and they have high speed on that street. Go figure.

Shewolf- The holy terror is getting better. He's listening a lot better now and somewhat stopped fighting for his "rights". His rights are making a humongous mess, banging on doors, etc. LOL Can't wait until he starts school though. Need a break. He's a big time mama's boy even though I try to get him to be independent. He's getting there. :)

Toasty- Canning pumpkin sounds so good. How do you can salsa and how long do they last for? I make real good salsa but have never done canning before. Do you sterilize the glass then cap it?

Dallys- When I had the birds, I just kept them in a box with grass, water, wet bread and some worms. I just left it in the box. They usually figure it out themselves. I think Rob is very comfortable with you. Why don't you try to leave the worms and such in a box all day and see what happens? When they're hungry enough, they'll figure it out. I do have a lot of stray cats and some of my own as well. I always find something in their mouths. Just last month one of my idiot cats Joaquin (named after Joaquin Phoenix because the cat looks like he has a cleft palate on his lip but he got hit by a car and his lip is turned up) had a baby squirrel in his mouth. Tried to pry it out of his mouth but stupid squirrel didn't run away. I felt real bad for the squirrel. How's Carma doing?

Everyone else, hello. Have a great day! Take care! :cool:

Debbie- Yes, I have frigging AOL. CAN'T STAND it. Every time I try to edit my signature, the forum wouldn't let me. They make me sign on again and every time I sign on to edit something, they say my user name or password is wrong. I live in one of the busiest neighborhood in the county and I do not have high speed on my street. WTF? I'll be moving out into the boonies next year and they have high speed on that street. Go figure.

Wow, you must live right next door to me. Same thing here. We still have dial up. It's ridiculous. Anyways, just use internet explorer. Your computer should have it because it comes with Windows. And it works flawlessly. Just click on your Start icon in Windows, click on All Programs and look for Internet Explorer in the list. Just click on it and it should come right up. Then type in Cathe's website address and you should be good to go. AOL SUCKS!!!

I got in my workout this morning. I am going to have to get up earlier to get everything done now that school has started. I have my grandbaby here all day now. Today she fell asleep at 8 and slept till 10:00 When I have to take children to school it will have to be spaced right.
Anyway, I walked at a 4 mph pace on the treadmill with incline at 5 most of the time and last mile at 12. I went 4 miles in 1hr.. Treadmill said I burned 718 calories. I doubt it was that much even though I was on an incline. I didn't wear my hr monitor. Then I worked legs on the Bowflex.
Leg extensions 1x10 200# resistance
4x10 220# resistance
Leg curls 3x10 80# resistance
leg press super set with/ 5x10 310# resistance
calf raises 5X20 310# resistance
standing leg kickback 3x10 50# each leg
I finished with Amy Bentos 10 min solution stretch segment with the band

Ally, DH is in Kosovo. I may go there later on and stay awhile so we can travel some. Not sure yet. It would have to be next summer.

Charlotte, I made salsa all day with my grandson yesterday. I freeze some. It keeps for about 3 months that way so I have to know I will use it up.

Morning Ladies! How is everyone?

I ran the neighborhood hills this morning. work out was 52 minutes - 42 in zone. My high on the HR was 174 - it was tough this am.

Hey Maniacs,

Busy day. Took the kids to the movies, then me and the kids took a three mile walk on the railroad tracks. Took an hour and 45 minutes, so it wasn't fast, but was so proud that DD made it the whole way (she's only three)

Here's how I started my day:

Superset A
Chins
6/6/6
Chest Press
8/8/8 - 97 1/2#

Superset B
Elbow out One Arm Rows
8/8/8 - 42#
Low incline DB Chest Press
8/8/8 - 37's

Superset C
Decline Pushups
15/15/15 *started the first to sets on perfect pushups, but was too hard.
Incline DB Curls]
8/8/8 - 22's

Then cardio at 30/90 ratio for 6 rounds, did suicides and forward bounding.

FlexIt-Glad to here the terror is calming down a bit! Hope you don't get sick. I just got over a cold and it sucked!

Debbie
- Enjoy your vacation time!

Hi to all the others!

Another late workout...

Back

OH Pulldowns 5 X 6
Pullups - I got 5 this time! ( I think maybe its cuz I did them earlier instead of last)
UH Pulldowns 5 X 6
Pullups - 3
Standing Str8 Arm Pulldowns 5 X 6

Bi's

Pyramid DB Curls - 5 sets

I think Ill continue to bulk for another two weeks and then try leaning out to see what i accomplished in 6 weeks.. think that's enough time for a decent bulk anyone???
Id like to lean out for a swimsuit photoshoot Id like to do.. but I have to do it while its still beach weather :)

Just finished Pyramid Lower Body. My legs were shaking during the stability ball part! good stuff.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.