Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed April 30

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did another circuit from Valerie Waters Blog. This time I did workout A from Her Six By Six workout. This one seemed easier (and shorter) than the Action Hero Workout from last week.

Circuit 1 (Repeated 3 times)

Single -Leg Step Up on High Step - used 10 lb DBs
Pushups - 12 - did these with one hand elevated on KB and switched sides
Valslide Reverse Lunges - used 12 lb DBs and my Gliding Discs
Bent Over Rows - 12 reps - used 20 lb DBs first set & 25 lb last 2 sets
Valslide Planks - Mountain Climbers with feet on Gliding Discs and hands on Med Ball balancing - 30 reps
(added a set of chest presses with 30 lb DBs to this Circuit)

Circuit 2 (Repeated 3 times)

RDL's - 12 reps - used 20 lb DBs (can't go heavy due to back problems)
Squats & Presses - 10 reps (modified side laterals) 15 lb DBs
Standing Bicep curls 12 reps - used 15 lb DBs
Bruce Lee Kick - or roundhouse kick - used my ankle weights - 15 each leg
Dips - 12 reps
Crunches on ball with resitance 15 reps - did these on my Bender Ball with a 15 lb KB. Added a set of Russian Twists to the last set.

I also added a set of one armed Kettlebell Swings and a couple sets of Firewalkers with my red band. I did the stretch off of BodyMax 2.

Workout was 62" and I burned 446 calories. I like how this circuit kept my HR up for the most part without any cardio added. Hope I get sore tomorrow, but not sure if I will since this was nothing out of the ordinary.

Have great workouts everyone. It's gonna be a long day for me today. We have tons of new patients scheduled late this afternoon....so I'll probably be at work late tonight and I couldn't sleep last night! I took a Prednisone tab last night for my facet joint/shoulder/jaw and neck pain and it made be soooooooooooo wired. My pain is flaring something fierce. I think it's hormonal since I'm PMSing. Wish I'd just start already!

good morning:)
Last night i mixed up some cardio. I did Imax 3 blast only and 4Ds HIS the 4DS calves plus B&G ankle weight abs. i'm getting ready to go do 4DS bi's and tri's.
I'm so tired this morning I have to wake up!!
Have to work 10-7 I hate this shift!
I going to stp complaing now and workoutx(
have a great day ladies:)!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Going on elliptical this morning and got some mowing to do as well. Worked out my abs last night. Be back to post my stats later, if I can cuz dh is here and ya'll know he loves to play his game on computer ALL DAY! hehe

Have great workouts!

Morning al. Did a total body at the gym. Tonite is cardio. Strength is really coming back finally..
I just have a few and have to go to work.
Tonite is cardio. I go for eliptical to the treadmill to the bikes..
1 1/2 hrs .
Take care all..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Wow, it's Wednesday already. I can't wait for tomorrow! My dh and I are going back to the motorcycle shop and getting me a Yamaha V-Star 250! I don't even know how to ride yet, but we figure since we are enjoying his bike so much that I would like one as well. And if gas prices keep going up, motorcycle prices will go up as well because I'm sure they are in demand right now. So we figure we better get while the getting is good. So I'm excited and a little scared at the same time.

Anyways, I had a great workout today. I worked my shoulders. Was a bit worried about my neck/shoulder area but it did ok.

1:10 rest between each set

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Overhead Dumbbell Press:
15's - 12 (warmup)
31's - 7/6/6
[font color=blue]***With the first set of using the 31's I felt a little discomfort in the neck/shoulder area. But after I did the next two sets it seemed to be ok and was ok for the rest of the workout.[/font]

Arnold Press:
25's - 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***These felt good. Had nice control with this weight. Could have gone heavier but then my form would have suffered.[/font]

Barbell Upright Rows:
65# - 8/8/8/7
[font color=blue]***These felt good too. Good weight.[/font]

Bent-Over Lateral Raise:
26's - 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***When I looked at the weight I used last time for these I was surprised to see 26's. I thought I wrote the wrong weight down. But I tried them anyways and yep, I used 26's. LOL![/font]

[font color=indigo]TRAPS[/font]
Barbell Shrugs:
105# - 15/15/15
[font color=blue]***Was going to skip these due to the neck problem, but I felt really good and was careful with them.[/font]

That is all...

Seen the movie "Awake" last night. Excellent movie. I love Jessica Alba.

Good Morning, this morning I started my workout with Tracey's Circuit Zone Lower Premix, then I did 4DSplit High Intensity Step cardio only finishing off with Circuit Zone foam roller. When I come back from school I will do Kelly Coffey Upper cardio premix from Cardio Sculpt Fitness and try out Circuit zone upper premix.
I like doing the legs only Strike Zone. I think this is where most of the cardiovascular is and I added some heavier weight than the first time and some weight where they used none.
Weights etc went like this:
alternating lunges 20# dumbbells
boxer squat they use no wt I added a pair of 8# dumbbells
alternating rear lunge 20# dumbbells
prisoner squat tuck jumps no wt
lunge jumps no wt
jump kicks no wts
front back lunge no wt
tuck jump no wt
Verso loop exercisees
1 leg squat on bench I held a 20# dumbbell in one hand they use no wt
leg burnout no wt ( I realized today that she says you can use a med ball:0 I think my legs were on fire here but will try a light med ball next time
balance work

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning,

You guys had great workouts, nice job:)

I started early, real earlyx( and was able to really take my time and enjoy the workout. My workout is from GS legs and MIS upperbody, this is what I did:

Squats
16/16/16/16/16 #50 BB

Front lunges
16/16/16/16 #40db

Back lunges
16/16 #30 db

pile squats
2 sets - #40 db

leg press
2 sets #20 db

dead Lift
2 sets #55 bb

one legged squats
32 each leg (no wts)

leg presses
2 set of 16 20 db

calf raises
2 sets 32/32

GS floor work

MIS / I did 2 sets of each
Chest
push ups - 16/16
flat bench Press - #35 bb
pec flyes - 15/20 db

Back
one arm roll - 20/15 db
over/under head dead rolls - #35 bb
delt flyes- 10/8 db

Shoulders
Upright rows 10/8 db
Militaries 10/8 db
sid lateral raises 10/8 db

Biceps
barbell curls #35 bb
hammer curls 10/15
In and outs #15

Triceps
Headbangers r#30 bb
Close grips bench press #30 bb
Tri’s w/30 bb
Tir’s kickback 8/8

Charlotte - Meant to say congrats on the job! Hope you enjoy it. Is your DH on vacation or something? Must be nice having him home with ya!

Debbie - Killer workout! I'm doing your leg w/o tonight. I went to see Bruce Springstein Sunday night so hubby and I took off Monday and worked on our driveway all day. I figure lifting Rip Rap (big rocks) and laying them in place was a great workout. I felt it later that day and it was pretty much a total body workout! Your's have been killer! Congrats on getting a bike for yourself. We thought about doing that too to save on gas prices. I don't think I would be as brave as you though to have me own. You go girl!

Dally's - You are a maniac when it comes to mtn bike riding. Wow that is a great pic!

Hi to everyone else, gotta get back to work, was taking a small break.

Morning Maniacs,

See everyone is hard at it this morning all ready. This morning was supersets done in two sets of eight with a minute rest.

Back/Chest
Close Grip Pullups
6 / 5 1/2
Incline Bench Press
8/8 - 85#
***Actally lowered the weight 5# from last week, failed on both sets last week and didn't like how they felt form wise***

Hamstrings/Shoulders
SLDL's
8/8 - 115#
Upright Rows
8/8 - 63#

Calves/Triceps
Barbell Calf Raises
Front/Out/In 10/10 each - 140#
Lying Dumbbell Extensions
8/8 - 22's
***I hate holding 140# on my shoulders, doesn't feel good at all!***

Then did some ab work.

Debbie - Enjoy the bike! Sounds sweet!

Char - I'll join you on the mowing today!

Have a great day!

Linda

What a crazy morning. Power goes out when I have just 10 mins left on elliptical. Don't remember what I did. Think I was in mid 200's on calorie burn and was going at fast speeds though...8-11 mph as I was listening to my new cd's and the music was kickin' so it motivated me to be speed demon...sucks I got stopped short. Went to post office..no power..can't mail what I need to mail..got to go back. Can't mow cuz my garage door wouldn't open without power. Well it is all back on now so now I got to get going.Lawd! I probably burned enough cals getting aggravated as well.

Deb,

O.k. thanks.

Sandy,

Dh has to take a few days off cuz of his evil brother. Stuff about estate matters. Shame of it all, but I hope the worst is over now and we can all get on with our lives.

DianeSue - Could you tell me how you perform Barbell Rollouts? I googled it and found several different variations. Some look a little hard on the shoulders.

Thanks,
Linda

Morning Maniacs! Just finished off Jillians Shred Level 2. Didn't get a ride in yesterday, so hoping to today, cept it might rain. I'll do some other form of cardio if it does.

Sandy-Thanks!

Lora- I haven't gone to the docs' yet. I'm not sure I'll get the colon thingy, but I'll ask him about it. Just going for a routine physical.

Char- That sucks when the power goes out like that. Makes you realize how much we depend on it.

Anne- Great job on getting back your strength! You are doing great!

Debbie- Congrats on turning into a real (motor)biker!!}(

Diane Sue, Randi, Teddy, Linda- Great job on the workouts!

Later...work calls

I finished my workout. I did Tracey's Strike Zone upper premix and found there is no stretch at the end. I thought the workout was better this way too. Then I added Kelly Coffey's Cardio upper premix which I did not know was not in a circuit fashion. Put that in my notes:)
Tracey's upper body went like this Most exercises are done for 1 min
lat pullovers on bench 25#think I will up this more next time
bench press 25# dumbbells noted to up this one too
prone double knee tuck to push up no weight
reverse fly 12# dumbbells
4 way bicep curls 20# dumbbells
Overhead triceps extensions 20# dumbbell
woodchop 10# med ball
lying tricep extension to press and toss on foam roller 15# med ball
triceps kickbacks hitting 3 ways 12# dumbbells
lat raise with rotation 15# dumbbells
overhead press 15# dumbbells
v row turn on the way back down 12# dumbbells

Yesterdays nutritonal stats were 1477 Cal; 132.1 pro; 145.1 carb 34.2fat I had grapes and a bottle of vitamin water(I bought this because I was at the register and allergies had me coughing)that really shot the carbs up.
Today so far I have had cottage cheese w/muscle milk pro powder and 1 tsp sugar free cappucino between workouts
Post workout was ground turkey, eggwhite, mushroom scramble like in Oxygen magazine minus the toast LOL

Charlotte, I bet that was aggravating about the electricity. Had that happen here a few times.

Randi, great abs shot.

Teddy, good job on the weights.

Linda, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?MainMuscle=Abdominals
I do it like that starting in sort of a plank position on the bar and really pull in abs tight as I pull the bar toward me in sort of a pike position. I have seen it done with the arms way forward. I think that would hurt the shoulders. I sometimes do go out a little further with my arms than the plank position but not a lot. This is one of the few exercises that can get me muscle soreness. Takes some concentration on form.

Nice workouts everyone!!! Woo hoo! WE ROCK!!!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey & Soy protein shake (pre workout) (soy makes these drinks taste aweful! Reminds me of when they first started saturating the market. They tasted horrible!)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: 4 oz. chicken breast w/salsa; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Turkey scramble
M6: 4 oz. 95% ff beef patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: 1/2 c. cottage cheese w/chocolate Pro Pudding

[font color=blue]1648.5 calories
45 g. fat - 25%
214 g. protein - 52%
94 g. carbs - 23%
[/font]

Dallys: you are welcome! I tell you, it is going too be a gooooodie :)

Today's Meals

M1: 2 Tbsp protein w/1/2 grapefruit (post workout)
M2: 3 egg whites w/1/2 oatmeal + 1/3 c ff soy milk one cookie x(
M3: ff yogurt w/2 Tbsp of flax seed
M4: 1c of baked shrimp w/wheat pasta and broccoli 1/4c of Alfredo
M5: whey protein shake (enjoying this now love the chocolate)
M6: not sure yet, something light:9

Have a great evening all :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.