HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS WED 4/8

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM Ladies-

Yesterday I got a workout in. 40 min and 485 calories. I did Kettlebell Way #2 Empire State. I was exhausted and still am, but managed to get it done. I doubt any of my workouts this week will be anything to write home about, but I will do the best I can. I did have some sugar yesterday, which I am not too pleased about; however, I really think I got it out of my system, and today is a new day.

Theresa

Today I did cardio again. Just want to get a few workouts in this week. Pinch is almost gone, I feel a lot better today even after my workout. I'm planning on starting my Leg Blast rotation totally over again starting on Monday. Hopefully I won't get side-lined this time.

I chose Step Moves and had a really good workout. That is one fun workout when you learn all the steps. I think one more time and I'll have it down. It came to me much easier today then the first time I did it. I was sweating buckets!

HR STATS:
45 minutes total
2 minutes below zone
12 minutes in zone
32 minutes above zone
375 calories burned

Good Morning -

Imax 3 today and some add on kb practice in whatever time is left.

Theresa - Glad you got your workout in! Hope today goes better :) !

Debbie - Very glad to hear you're feeling so much better! I think Step Moves is great fun, too! More than any other, I almost don't even feel like I'm working out, but am always drenched by the end ... something different about it.

Diane Sue - Thanks for the link. I've heard of those but wasn't sure. I was wondering if you'd tried them before/yet and what you think.

Have a great day and workout, everyone!

Lori

Linda - Waiting patiently to see what the verdict was about your shoulder. Hope it was good news.

Lori - Everytime I see your screen name appear the song "She Blinded me with Science" goes through my head. LMAO!!! And I think PB is better then all that chocolate I had, but I know what you mean.

Theresa - Nice workout yesterday. Just give you body a few days to adjust to no sugar. You'll feel much better when it's out of your system. Drink lots of water.

Theresa - How do you like Empire State Workout? That's one of the ones I'd really like to get. Hey I'll join you on the no sugar challenge, we can support each other.:D

Debbie - Happy to hear your neck is getting better. It's always great to do a workout that is fun.

Lori - Enjoy your IMAX3!:p

DianeSue - Checked out the Amazing Hoops, where ever did you find such a thing?

X-ray is done and now I just have to wait to hear from my doctor.

I still have major DOMS in my legs from Monday and I am still cardio'd out, so this morning I did 4DS Biceps & Triceps. Boy, it has been a long time since I just pumped iron for set after set. I got fried and I definitely lost some strength, not much but some. There was no pain in the hand while I was working out, but it's a bit puffy now & aches a bit. The shoulder did well, but I was worried about it at times as I could feel the muscles trying hard to stabilize my shoulder joint especially on the heavy bicep work. So far it doesn't feel bad, so we shall see.
Also during the 4DS BC warm-up Cathe said "Now were going to do squat thrust pushups" and I said "no we're not". I also skipped the dips & tricep pushups and instead did a couple sets of close grip presses on the floor to limit the ROM.

Have been doing so much cardio lately felt kinda weird not to do any so may end up going for a walk later.

Last edited:
Thanks Debbie-I will try to be patient with myself. Patience, in general, is not a trait I possess :p The tiredness is also stemming from ttotm-my monthly dark passenger :rolleyes: and nice work on STep Moves, that is one I have not tried yet.

Linda-Great...I could really use the moral support on the sugar thing. I threw out ALL the rest of the candy yesterday, so I feel really empowered. What type of x-rays did they do? Did they make you rotate your shoulder in and out? I know I've asked this before but I forgot, do you feel a "pop" when you move your shoulder a certain way? And I hear you on the weights, when I went back to the full STS as is, my muscles were mush by the end. Glad the hand is on the mend. Oh, I like the empire state. I would rank it intermediate. It's 8 rounds of an upper, ab, and lower. I feel pretty well worked by the end, it's just usually a little bit easier than it was yesterday. Ok, I'm done babbling now, really.

Lori-Imax 3....I don't envy you :p Have a good workout.

Theresa

Morning Manaics -

This morning I did Tracy Staehle's new Post-Natal Fit & Strong. Workout was 75" and I burned 478 calories. The DH did this with me and he was challenged. I thought it was harder than it looked when I was just watching it. We played our own music, as there isn't any on the DVD. There is an annoying lady sitting on the sidelines the whole time talking. We couldn't understand her nor did we care. We just laughed at her. I think the back of the DVD says something about her being a midwife. The workout was decent and I thought it to be upper body focused....which is cool with me :) It has a bit of a functional fitness feel to it. Tracy is not one of my favorite instructors, but she's okay. I REALLY like her kickboxing with Josef! We also did Katina Hunter's Yoga Party 15" stretch segment.

Just getting ready for work. I work 3-9 today. I have a suckie schedule this month. Work is dead as it's 80 and gorgeous here last 2 days.

Lori - Videofitness is a great resource for finding the best Kettlebell DVDs, techniques, form pointers, etc. I think there is even an "Everything Kettlebell" thread that condenses tons of info. My all time favorite workout to kick your butt is Keith Weber's Extreme Cardio Kettlebell. There are no breaks and I'm usually pausing the DVD and sipping water....which doesn't usually happen when I'm doing Kettlebells. My favorite way to do KB workouts is to do kickboxing thru the breaks they give you. Something about kickboxing and kettlebells that I really like together. I think it goes back to the "bad A@#" comment!!! Ha!!

Last edited:
Linda - I hope you find out soon what's going on with the shoulder. Nice workout. I really like the 4DS series.

Lora - Are you watching GH? OMG was it good yesterday. I can't believe what happened!

Theresa - I'd throw out all the candy but I think DS & DD would cry.:p So I guess I will have to learn how to resist.:confused: And yup, that's exactly what they made me do on my xray - shoulder in & out. I don't know feel a pop when moving a certain way, I know I am useless. Doctor did say he felt a click.
I am thinking my arms are gonna be sore tomorrow.

Today I decided I wanted to do something a little different so I put together some premixes. I started with Amy's Hi/Lo Dome w/up and combo 1/interval 1 then did the dome(BOSU) workout 41 minutes 256 calories, I followed this with Tracey's Parts Premix BOSU and balance 48 minutes 276 calories, I put in my 10 minutes solution Quick Sculpt Pilates to try another segment so did the standing 39 calories(didn't really feel it at all)
I finished with Traceys Parts pilates, yoga and stretch from the mix skipping abs as the bosu abs was on the other mix 23 minutes 58 calories. Total calories today was 629.
I really need to get in here and shower. It is already afternoon:eek:

Linda, someone at my church was telling me about them. She bought some at Affair of the Heart here and met the ladies that started them. Anyway, I found them at Academy Sports for $59 with the Hoop, arm hoops and dvd. It was kind of fun to do. I set my ipod with some music and after watching the dvd and arm movements etc. I could almost dance while hooping LOL Once I got my speed up a little I got my HR to 144 yesterday. That was my first time.

Debbie, glad you are doing better. I think Step Moves is a really fun workout:)

Lori, I did do the amazing hoops for the first time yesterday and had fun with them. I even picked it up a few times during the day and did some hooping till the grandchildren got here:D

Theresa, I broke down yesterday and had some snickers:eek: Most of my eating was good though. The grandchildren helped finish them off so now the candy is out the door. Had family wanting me to go for pizza last night and I refused. Was tired anyway and after the snickers there was no way I was going to go eat pizza.

Deb - yes....still watching with the DH. Sonny and Dante are too of a kind! Christina was getting on my last nerve! Little freakin' liar!! LOL

Off to work.....work 3-9 yuck!

Debbie - :eek: - Thomas Dolby, right??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V83JR2IoI8k I laughed SO HARD when you said my name made you think of that song! Believe it or not, I couldn't figure out why :confused: -- It's in the very first line?!! Ha. Geez. May have to change my name. Very, very funny. (I'll probably be humming it all day now. Junior High memory overload, for sure!).

Linda - Yay!!!! on the workout!!! I'll bet that felt great and no doubt you'll regain whatever strength you lost quickly. Really glad you got the x-rays and anxious to hear what they found out.

Lora - Sounds like you and dh had a good workout (except for the side-lined mid-wife :eek:)! The kb video you described sounds REALLY good. Thanks for describing it. I keep hearing about the Tracy Staehle's kickbox vids, too. I've wanted to order those for quite awhile, too. I think I have a bad @#& in me trying to get out (very different from my "Thomas Dolby" side - LOL - Not sure what they might do to each other) :D . Gonna have to make some decisions and do some ordering (just a few) :rolleyes: .

Diane Sue - They look like a lot of fun! You did great for your first time too, I'd say :D !!!

Theresa - As I write this, I don't envy me either - I'm stalling. Not sure I'm up for anything Imax today, but I am going to post this and get going. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better - empowered is a great thing. I need some of that ;) . I would throw out the stupid peanut butter but it's supposed to be for ds :eek: :eek: . Ok. Off I go -

Okay cardio done. What was suppose to be a walk ended up being a 3 mile slow jog (40 min) as DD decided she wanted to ride her bike all the way to her grandmother's house. Fortunately she asked Grandmom for a ride back home.:p:p:p

Lori - Thanks for the link, I didn't know why Debbie was singing that song either.

Diane Sue - Cool mix you did today. I always love the stuff you put together, one could never get bored with it! I'm glad all my snickers bars are gone! LOL!

Lora - Wow, you think Sonny and Dante are alike? In what way? I love Dante, he is so hot. Sonny gets on my nerves.

Lori - LMAO! I was wondering if you knew what I meant with that song. I swear, everytime I see your screen name I hum "It's poetry in motion, she turned her tender eyes to me." LOL! I'm all about the song. I still think of Linda when I hear Shakira sing She Wolf. LOL! I'm a music buff.

Linda - Nice job on the jog!!! :D

Linda-I don't think the xray will be enough to diagnose any kind of shoulder issue. I hope they order an MRI. The xray basically just told you that you don't have a bone spur, dislocation, or gross abnormality....really helpful. I'm in the field and they really can be quite useless at times. :confused:

Well, I guess it's starting to narrow stuff down at least, with your shoulder issues, Linda. I hope the doctors can figure out for sure what the problem is, though. I don't know how common this is, but it's shocking, to me anyway, when they are at a loss. My sister has always had digestive issues and a few years back they did exploratory surgery and came up with no explanation (although they observed she has a lot of yeast in her, apparently). My mom was upset that they cut her daughter open, sewed her up, and found out pretty much nothing!

Theresa...is it the Easter candy you are shunning? Or sugar in general? I love chocolate...it would be hard for me to avoid it. I would have to make sure it didn't come in the house to begin with, I think.

I haven't been on for a couple days...did you all do eggs? I bought an egg kit, but fiance is stalling...grrrr!

Yesterday I wanted to go to yoga but took a nap and woke up too late, so I did Circuit Blast instead. That's a fun workout.

Today I also wanted to go to yoga but just didn't have the time. Too much grading. I would love to get in a workout here, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

Hermia - That's awful about your sister. I suffer from IBS and have been through numerous test (thankfully nine included surgery) and always the same answer "I don't know". Oh I dye eggs with my kids the day before Easter, only a dozen. I also made homemade chocolate covered peanut butter eggs. Yum!

Gonna schedule an appointment with the orthopedist tomorrow.:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.