Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tuesday April 29

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I overslept a bit. I've been really depressed this week and not wanting to get out of bed. Hopefully, it's just PMS making my depression worse. I did Sharon's CIA - Athletic Step Jam. Workout was 53" and I burned 503 calories. I enjoyed this a lot more than the first time I did it. The music is good and I started to catch on a bit easier. Will probably be able to work it harder once I learn it though.

Have great workouts everyone.

Toasty - I'm sure you'll do fine working your schedule around the job. You didn't seem to have a problem when you worked at the Tastee Freeze...but I'll miss you not being here as much. Can't wait to hear about your new job. Nice Avatar!! Your arms look really good in that pic! You're the Woman! You should try Kundalini yoga, as you meditate for brief periods in between the postures. It takes a bit of practice sitting still....and I couldn't do it at first, but now I like it. Maybe you could rent a Ravi & Ana from the Library around there??? to see if you like it? Not sure how big your Library would be out there in the "BackHills". Did you ever check into the Crue Fest tickets with Papa Roach, Buckcherry, etc? That rock station I listen to plays most of the songs you listened to the other day working out. I like Five Finger Death Punch.

Dallys - great pic!! You're one mean mountain biker! I don't think I have that in me!! I got a bit burned out on Spinning...so I was taking a break.

Today I had a great workout. My neck/shoulder is back to 100%. I'm so glad that didn't take long to heal.

I decided to do the last 4 week rotation I did over again but I changed it up a bit.

1:10 min. rest between each set (cut rest time down 20 seconds)

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Incline Barbell Press:
65# - 15 (warmup)
105# - 8/8/8/6

Flat Barbell Bench Press:
110# - 7/6/7/6
[font color=blue]***Wanted to get to 8 reps but I was happy with what I did.[/font]

Decline Dumbbell Press:
35's - 10
40's - 10/10/10
[font color=blue]***These felt ridiculously light. Should have went higher.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Close-Griop Bench Press:
90# - 8
95# - 7/6/6
[font color=blue]***The first set of these felt uber light. Went to 95# and I can't believe what a difference that made.[/font]

Lying Triceps Extension:
60# - 8/8/7
[font color=blue]***These felt light as well until I got to the 3rd set.[/font]

That is all...

Morning

Quick check in, as I overslept this morning, couldn’t believe it. For my workout I did Cardio Coach #7. I’m really starting to love this workout.

Cardio Stats:
4.62 miles traveled
533 calories burned
62.18 minutes

Lora and Debbie, Nice job;-) ;-)

We have 3 reports due out before noon, I will check back shortly.

Morning Maniacs! I got in my mtn. bike ride last night. Went on some hellacious hill climbs! Legs still feel it this morning. I'm going to take Carma out for a walk here shortly. Will probably do a steady state type bike ride later today if it doesn't rain. Plus, I need to get in one of Jillians shred workouts. So little time.}(

Lora- Thanks! Mountain Biking is really fun. Tough, but fun.:) I'm sure you could do it. Time goes by a lot faster outside and you have to be constantly thinking and alert, so it goes by fast.

Have a question for you ladies. I'm going to make a Doctors appointment to have my Cholesterol checked and all that. I'm also thinking of a thyroid test and a peri menopausal type test. Is there any other tests I should have them run? I want to get it over with in one swoop.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morning, I just returned from dropping off at school. For cardio this morning I did 4Day Split Kickbox w/up and cardio, then I did Amy Bento's In tha Ring Premix Great Nrg skipping the w/up and repeating the 4th combo interval. Wasn't sure how much time I would have but was able to tack the extra on the end:D I am going to do Tracey Staehle's new Core workout it a bit and some yoga.

Dallys, you are going to walk after all of that mountain biking?? Why don't you just get a complete physical?? They run most tests when they do that. I get one every year to year and a half. I did go back and have some bloodwork done for joint pain recently though. They are going to recheck when I go for the physical. Maybe you would like to get the colon check too{) They have been encouraging that I do that one for awhile. I opted for a different test because I am a wimp LOL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I keep forgetting to put down my nutritional info. Today so far I have had a Muscle Milk light bar and small piece of left over roast. That was my quick breakfast on the way out the door:) I try not to eat to many of those bars though. That one is better than the Zone ones I get for dh lunch. BTW those new Dark Chocolate Zone bars are yummy but have a lot of sugars in them.

Friday 1142 cal 99.6gm pro; 95.1gm carb; 32.6gm fat
Saturday 1125 cal 79.2gm pro; 72gm carb 57.1gm fat(went out to eat:(
Sunday somehow I missed. Probably because it was my rest day and I did not carry my log book with me.
Monday 1900 cal; 161.6gm pro; 157.3gm carb;73gm fat (need to get that fat lower since I am working on the cholestral too)

Diane Sue- Thanks! I didn't know they'd do all those tests on a complete physical. I thought I'd have to ask for what I want. Golly Gee, I'm not sure I'm ready for the colon test! That terrifies me! LOL! I might get that next time.;) The walk felt good and loosened up my sore legs. So all is good.:)

Debbie: Which Avon Eye Cream would you recommend for my 51 year old eyes? I have always had fat pockets under my eyes, but they’re starting to become worst as I get older I’m starting to look tired also need help with the puffiness/winkles around eyes? I was reading about this one Anew Ultimate Contouring Eye $30. Thank you!

Hey Peeps!

Just got back from a trip to my Dad's in Washington. We were hoping to get a lot done on his house and his boat but he didn't want to do any real work. Oh well. The 10 year house building project! I did get some good 6 mile runs in while I was there. MAJOR hill work. My muscles were so sore that I could hardly walk down the stairs! At least I know I won't have any trouble in the Bolder Boulder. I was worried about the hills. No more!

My doctor just wrote a me a referral to the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine and my insurance company approved it! The nurse said they never would. Of course they will only pay about 50% of the cost, but that's okay by me. Now I can find out if I really have exercise-induced asthma or if I just don't know how to breathe when I work out. Since I don't respond so well to the inhalers it's always been a question in my mind. I can't take the steroid inhalers (migraines) so maybe I would respond better if I could. Our hospital up here can't run any tests on me during exercise because, "we used to have a bike but it broke and we just never replaced it". Well then how do you know if I REALLY have exercise-induced asthma or not? They just kind of guess based on your symptoms and your lung function after being on daily inhalers for a few months. Sheeesh! So I'm kind of excited. I don't like taking medication if I don't need to. And if it's all about the breathing with me and they can help me in that department, better yet. I was hoping to go in July when I'm in tip top cycling shape (I've been doing more running than cycling b/c of the weather), but my referral runs out mid-June and I'm really busy at work in June darn it. Oh well.

I'm off today and go back to work tomorrow. It's nice today and I'm going to go for a ride. We have snow coming on Wednesday. Boo.

I made this top while I was at my Dad's. It makes me ready for summer! Notice my big muscles. :p I really need to lift more. I'm so NOT a Hardcore these days. I'm a cardio junkie.

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL774/4214383/18225753/315053480.jpg

I hope you all are well. And you girls really shouldn't be scared of the colonoscopy. I had to get one when I was 40 b/c my grandpa had colon cancer. They knocked me out and I knew nothing. Piece of cake. Better safe than sorry. Seriously.

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hey Maniacs!!!

Gonna do what Debbie is doing today. Busy day here with dh so I got to do it here soon and plus work abs.

Suz,

Love that picture of you. Beautiful woman you are! Love the top. Good to hear from you. Thinking of getting my colon checked too. My grandfathers sister had colon cancer and my uncle (grandfathers son had it too).

I will be back to chat more, if I can. Wish I had more time today.

Dallys - Cool pic girl!!! Your rides sound like so much fun and so serene!

Diane Sue - Zones have a dark chocolate one? Yummy, sounds good! I really wish they'd figure out a way not to make those protein bars so full of carbs and sugars. Kind of defeats the purpose, you know?

Teddygirl - Yes, that is the best eye cream we have to date. I'd recommend that one.

Suz - Good seeing you!!! You look so good. And if you like being a cardio junkie then so be it! We have to do what we love, right?

Char - Have a great workout!

I just finished doing all of Tracey's Core Blast and then added on the short yoga segment from her parts dvd. Core Blast was really not anything new. Just a mix of different equipment. I think I got a pretty good workout with it. I think I will probably be using shorter segments and adding on to it. She does hit everything. Not sure why she mentions a foam roller on the case. I did not see anyone using one. Maybe she mentions it somewhere other than the actual workout. On the standing med ball I used 10# med ball, standing weights I used 10#, on the bosu I used 10# anywhere there are crunches I added weight. I wore my Jolie shoe weights ond put on my weighted gloves(next time I will just hold light dumbbells) on the bench and floor work and I used a 15# dumbbell for the crunches here. Planks I was tempted to add the weighted vest but did not know how long she was going to have you hold the planks. Next time I will wear the vest(might be a little tough on the 1 arm side planks but I think I can do it)

Suz, what a great picture of you. The top is cute. I hope for your sake they find out it is not exercise induced asthma and you don't have to take the meds. I know the doctor kept telling me that the colonoscopy was not that bad. But... I think I read up on it on the internet to much. I will do it one of these days. After the other test I did, I think I can wait a little while:)

Afternoon Maniacs,

Did CC #7 this morning. Workout was 61 minutes, traveled 4.15 miles, Average Hr 161 and 721 calories burned.

Dallys- Awesome picture! You are one tough woman! Rode Dh's stationary bike the other day for the first time. It was harder than I thought but I was bored to tears. Funny how I can run in one place and be happy, but riding in one place I start going crazy. Go figure?

Suz - Nice to see you! Beautiful top BTW. You are so talented.

Debbie - Great news about the shoulder! Sounds like you've really made some strength gains with your rotation!

Have a great day everyone!

Linda

Hi there all- Today I had an early meeting on the other side of town, so for the first time, I tried the Power half hour work out. I ordered this a while back but have not done it before. It was ok. I did the arm segment and liked it. I used the tubing.

Debbie, I think I will try that Ultimate eye contour cream also. I have a sagging right eye lid. I sleep on my stomach on that side, so when I wake up, it is sagging. Just started in the last year. Loosing the elasticity.

Daly's - I am not aware of a perimenupause test. I have all the symptoms (well most) and my OBGYN said that the hormone testing is very unreliable because during perimenupause, your hormones fluctuate so much on a daily basis. they recommended black cohosh and evening primrose. I cannot remember to take them. They also changed my birth control pill to the YAZ - because apparently it has a new formula for progesterones. Most all progesterones are made from testosterone and this is a better formula for the perimenupausee.

Anyway, I feel like it is all a science project!

Oh you guys, about the colon thing, I figured if Katie Couric could do it on national television, I could certainly do it. Drinking that stuff the night before was the worst part but I tried to look at it like a colon cleansing that the Hollywood stars actually choose to do. :) I figured it was a good way to clean out my system and start fresh. Oh - the only thing is that if you take fish oil supplements, you need to quit them for a few days or something (you should ask). A man at work just told me about that. They didn't tell him that and he has to redo the test. The oil interferes with the test. Bummer!

Thanks for all of your compliments. You are so kind. My mom told me that her mom used to make all of her clothes growing up and all of her gowns for Easter Star and all of my grandfather's suits. So she says it's in my blood. Well, it' doesn't quite come naturally, but I sure enjoy it. I wish my grandmother would have taught me. I'm sure I wasn't a patient child. :)

I do need to start lifting again. I've never gone this long without it. I know I get some weight bearing activity when I run, but need to be careful as I'm getting older and cycling alone just doesn't cut it. I don't want to end up with osteoporosis.

Char - Did you get a new job? If not, I'm sure you will in no time. You'd be great for business!

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

Linda - I'm really liking this rotation. That's why I decided to do it over again. :)

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey & soy protein powder protein shake (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: 4 oz. chicken breast w/salsa; 3 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: 1/2 c. cottage cheese w/ Chocolate Pro Pudding
M6: 4 oz. 95% ff beef patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Turkey scramble

[font color=blue]1668.5 calories
46 g. fat - 25%
214 g. protein - 51%
98 g. carbs - 24%
[/font]

I'm in love with the cottage cheese and Pro Pudding. It tastes like chocolate cheesecake!

Suz- That picture is adorable! You look like a teenager, I swear! Not someone who gets "Hollywood cleansings" ;). I love that top you made, it's really, really, cute! I want one!

Debbie- Thanks! It is pretty darn serene out there. That's why I like some of these rides. A million miles from nowhere.:) Might have to try that cheese cake concoction of yours.:9

Linda- Thanks! Yeah, I'm with ya, I can hang on the treadmill for along time, but with the bike, 5 min. seems like forever! I can't figure it out.

Ally- Thanks for the info. It's been just the last month that I've been getting "overly hot" at night, so I was wondering if "it's" starting to happen to me or if I need to just throw a blanket off the bed. LOL!

Today's eatery:

M1: 2 Tbsp of liquid protein w/1/2 grapefruit
M2: 3 egg white w/grits
M3: turkey burger, wheat english muffin & 2 cookies x(
M4: ff yogurt w/2Tbsp of flax seeds
M5: whey chocolate protein w/h20 & string cheese
M6: grilled salmon w/greens & tomato

Dallys - A teenager? Really now. Some people will say just about anything to try to get a top made for them. :p Thanks for the lovely compliment though.

I'm cleaning out all of the stash in my sewing room today since my sewing machine is in for a tune up. It was supposed to be ready when I returned but when they checked it in, they put the "ready by" date as August instead of April. Hmmm... I was kind of bummed b/c I wanted to finish a dress today, but it turned out for the best since this is something that I needed to do. Anyway I found the very first thing I ever made 15 years ago when I met DH and he bought me my first sewing machine. It's a dress and has a zipper and short sleeves and everything. I can't believe I was that brave. I guess I didn't know any better. It's actually kind of cute and fits me really well. I weigh exactly the same now as I did back then (I'm pretty sure it would have been a bit snug a year ago!). I think I'll wear it to work tomorrow.

Suz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.