Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues July 3

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Didn't want to get up this morning. I'm off to do some cardio and maybe some yoga. Be back later.

It is COLD here this morning! I think it was only 50 degrees when I woke up. I'll take it. This is the best summer we have had in years.

Today was Angulars and I forgot it was the other long workout so I had to skip the legs. I'll do those on Thursday. I hate when I don't plan right.

Chest
Incline Flyes: 35's - 3 sets/12 reps (up 3#)
Decline Flyes: 32's - 3 sets/15 reps (same)
Pushups: 20/20/20
***Lots of shoulder clicking with the incline flye's. I hate that!

Shoulders
Lateral Raise: 20's - 3 sets/12 reps (same weight but went above parellel - burned big time)
Barbell Front Raises: 30# - 2 sets/15 reps (up 5# and these made me feel like to puke)
Bent Over Lateral Raise: 15's - 2 sets/20 reps (same)

Triceps
One Arm Kickbacks: 15# - 3 sets/12 reps (up 3#)
Dumbbell Overhead Extension: 32's - 3 sets/15 reps (up 2#)

Upper body is toast, especially my shoulders. I love those front raises.

Hope you all have a great workout!

Good Morning, I am getting ready to go do a treadmill run, Pyramid upper body, some extra abs and stretching. I will probably do some yoga while camping. I have a couple of workouts downloaded on my mp3 player. I am sure there will be plenty of walking when we are at the lake:) The rain is letting up here but it is supposed to be raining where we are going camping.

Debbie, it has been cooler here than normal too but not that cool. I like sitting outside with the dogs in the mornings when it is so nice out. Good workout. Are your fingers getting better or is the numbness still there?

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Maniacs! Heading out for a short bike ride. Wish I had more time in the mornings for a decent ride. It's been so hot here that all my energy is being sucked dry. It's been in the 100's! My daughter is going back home today, so I get to take the huge mattress out of the middle of my workout room.

Debbie- Send me some of that cool weather. I'm suffering here.
Great job on the workout!

Suz- SaaWEET Bike! I'm not that familiar with the cranks on the road bikes, but I do know that the granny gears are my bestest friend on my Mt. bike. I looked at my dh road bike and he doesn't have a triple on his either. Can't wait to hear how you like it.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Morning Maniacs!!!

Went on elliptical. Very cool. Put it in reverse to work hamstrings/butt/back of calves. Traveled 3 miles. Target heartrate is 127. 145 was said to be 80%...averaged 152 entire time. Burned 202 cals, but I am dripping and feel like I burned 500. Weird. So I was never burning much after all this time??? Hubby burned close to 1000 by the time he got done. Anyhow, had alot of fun. Love that machine. I have been working my quads more on bike I think..this way I can work my backside better!!!!! YEAH!

Charlotte~~

Good Morning Ladies
Just finished CM segment 1 B&G floor work and SS upper body blast.
Great workouts everyone:)
Off to get ready for work:(
randi

Hello Everyone,

Just checking in. Everyone is doing really good workouts. I didn't go anything last night. I ate good though. I was very tired, and my body felt it needed rest more than a w/o. I plan on doing Slow and Heavy Legs and Shoulders tonight and a walk. Off work tomorrow, and will do Bi's and Tri's. Then going to my Aunt's house for a cookout.

Hope everyone has a great and safe 4th! :7

Finished my workout. I did Barry's Bootcamp Treadmill workout form the legs one( I really like those sideways incline walks) then went on till I did 4 3/4 miles. I did some incline lunges as well. Did Pyramid upper body skipping the w/up. I stopped at the stretch and added 20 woodchops with 25#, and 15 hanging knee raises with 15#, then did the stretch and Rainbeau's Dawn bonus yoga workout.

Chest
Flys 20, 25, 30,25,20 pound dumbbells
Bench Press 20,25,30,25,20 dumbbells
Back
pullovers 20, 25,40,25,20 dumbbell
double arm rows 20,25,35,25,20 dumbbells
Shoulders
rear delt flys 8,10,12,10,8 dumbbells
side lateral raises 8,10,12,10,8 dumbbells
fromt raise 8,10,12,10,8 dumbbells
Triceps
double kickbacks 10,12,15,12,10 dumbbells
seated overhead press 12,15,25,15,12 dumbbell
Biceps
hammer curls 12,15,25,15,12
biceps curls 12,15,20,15
Abs I used a 15pound medicine ball for most of the moves instead of the stability ball. Pikes and seated trunk twists on the ball:)

Dallys, I am sure we will have fun. Thanks. We are leaving either tonight or in the morning.

Charlotte, were you using a heart rate monitor to check your calorie burn? That doesn't seem right to me. I know the machines counters are not usually accurate. My dh can get on the treadmill and burn so many more calories than me.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue,

The X3 comes with the polar heart rate strap. Didn't seem accurate to me either. I thought I burned more then that.
I am gonna get a picture up of it soon.

Charlotte~~

Diane Sue,

I don't think the chest strap fits me. It is a medium, but elliptical does not pick it up so I used the handles in the middle like you mentioned. Maybe if I take a safety pin to it to get it to fit. I am very tiny under my chest.

Charlotte~~

Hello Ladies!

Busy day! This morning I rode with my preggers friend. Sheesh - I'm still amazed at how fast she is even while 8.5 weeks along. The only time she slows down is on hills b/c her HR gets too high. I rode for 1 hour, 25 minutes. Tonight I'll do upper body.

I talked to my girlfriend on our ride this morning about lifting legs and she said all the other gals we ride with don't and they're all FAST! She said I've got a good thing going this year and why mess with a good thing. I'm faster this year than past years and this is the first year I haven't lifted legs during cycling season. Hmmm...good point. She said we really work our legs on all of the hills we do. Now I'm confused again. :)

Dallys - Who could mountain bike without granny gears??? Not me!

Debbie - I'm always in awe of your weights.

Diane Sue - Have a GREAT trip!

Great workouts everyone. I'm heading out the door to go home now. Hooray!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.