Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Jan 9

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did 25 minutes of Turbo Jam Fat Blaster followed by 30 minutes of Stomp 2 Step Showdown - Marc Oliver Kluike's segment. I got brave and used my higher step. This moves pretty quick but since I learned it the other day, I was able to do it easily on the higher step. This was a lot of fun. I think cuz of my ADD, I actually like doing a half hour of one kind of cardio and 1/2 hour of another kind. I cooled down on my own and then did a stretch off of a Cathe DVD. Session was 60" and my HRM says I burned 440 calories, but it's wrong cuz my base settings need reset.....as it lost power and went back to the default, so my weight, resting heart rate all need reset.

Have great workouts everyone.

Charlotte - Still no Wolf Moon order. It better come today!! Errrr....

Meg - yes, I can't loose my sense of humor....cuz then I'd be in big trouble.

Good MOrning
I'm doing S&H legs and gym style legs floor work.

Lora great workout! Have a great day!

Talk to you guys later
Randi

Good Morning, today is cardio, ab ripper X plus something else:), then yoga, str.. I picked up Rainbeau Mars beginner yoga dvd when at Ross replacing my socks the dogs keep getting hold of. It was only 4.99. So I will probably use that one. I have to get going though as I have a vet appointment for Puddle's shots and need to have him look at a bump at the corner of her eye. I will try to check back later.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

DS- hope Puddle's eye is alright. That is a great deal for Rainbeau!

Randi- hopefully you will be able to walk after that WO! Have fun!

Lora- it is weird how I have never even heard of someone of the instructors you WO too. Again, I can't fathom the collection you must have! have a good day.

No idea what I feel like today. Very tired. I am supposed to be babysitting my niece today. Hopefully it goes well!

BBL!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

My neck is killing me. Hard time sleeping last night. Icy Hot again on it. I think I will stick with lat pulldowns for now on. Really bad.

Today is suppose to be plyo's. I will have to see if I should do this cuz the way the neck feels. Not good.

Diane Sue,

Have a good day. I keep tripping over all the dogs in my house...5 of them now. They are all settled down and not barking or crying as much.

Lora,

yeah, hope it comes soon for ya. Beth still has the lunar stuff up. Thought she would have taken it down by now.

Randi,

That is a great combination of workouts. I bet you have nice legs cuz you always work them so good.

Charlotte~~

Char, why does your neck hurt? Sorry to hear that.

From yesterday:

Welcome Missy! We have a new MANIAC! :)

Diane Sue - Thanks for the info on Candaces's workout. I may get it soon.

Meg - I think my favorite CC is #6. I really like that one. #2 is a good one too.

My tooth was fine, not sure why I feel pain. Doc took x-rays and didn't see anyting unusual. He said it could be sinus's and also gave me Sensodyne for the sensitivity. Its already helping. I'm relieved. I'm going in next Monday for a cleaning which I really need.

Seem to have had an off day, not sure why. I just don't feel like I even worked out. Have a little pain in my right shoulder/neck area, not sure if I slept wrong or what. Anyways, todays workout was 2 sets/12 reps with a 1:30 rest:

Elevated Pushups (warm up): 2 sets/12 reps
One Arm Rows: 35#
Decline Chest Press: 25's (2 sets warmup); 35's for real sets
Close Grip Upright Rows: 55# 12 reps/11 reps
Front Raises: 12's
Dips: 55# (these were easy, should have done another set)
Cross Body Tricep Extensions: 15's (should have went higher but these bother my elbows)
Dumbbell Curls: 25's 12 reps/9 reps
Muscle Max Abs

Workout was 1:01, was in my zone for all of 7 minutes and burned 189 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Meg - will you kindly update me on GH. I fell asleep....yet again. Yes, these Evolution DVDs are mainly UK instructors....but they are really good. Fitness Organica carries some of them in the US. This is how I fell in love with Rebecca Small as a step instructor. She's from Australia and does workshops World Wide, but she mainly resides and is more popular in the UK. Same with Marc Oliver Kluike, although his DVD is also sold at Fitness Organica, but if you're willing to pay the shipping, www.MarcusIrwin.com sells a lot of the popular instructors from the UK on his site. I really like some of them....but they are dancier.

Diane Sue - I wouldn't do that Rainbeau Mars till you want to relax cuz it's not very hard at all. I usually do it at night after a stressful day. It has tons of instructions and is slow moving and it usually puts me to sleep at the end!! Just don't plan on anything hard when you do it. It's a walk in the park.

better get to work ......8:25 am!!

Here is what I did yesterday as I forgot to post earlier...

P90X Chest/Shoulders

All pushups in beginning
25 Chair Dips
In/Outs SHoulder Press Raise 8# db's 16x's
Plange Push Ups 12 max
Pike Press 11 max
Side Tri Rise 13 ea side
Floor Flys 19
Scarecrows 10's and 25x's
Overhead Tri Ext 12's and 10x's
Two Twitch Speed Push ups (kept up with Tony and group)
Y Press 25's and 8x's
Lying Tri Ext 12's and 8x's
Tri ext off smith maching (BONUS) 70# pulsating moves and 20x's
Side to Side Push ups 18
Poor Flys 8's and 12x's
Side Lean Tri Ext 15's and 8x's
One Arm Pushups (attempted..bend, but form bends too)
Weighted Circles 8's
Throw the bomb 15#
Clapping pushups (ON KNEES) 12x's
Slow Motion throw 10's
Front to back tri ext (used band)
One Arm Balance Push Ups 6x
Fly Row Press 12's
Db Cross Body 25's and 12x's

Ab Ripper immediately afterwards

Charlotte~~

Debbie,

Glad you didn't have a cavity like me or anything worse. Good news!!!
My neck problem is from several days ago from when I did legs/back...lots of pullups that day..screwed me up. Not doing something right.

Great workout you had...very nice with the curls too. Very nice. I know I sleep wrong sometimes and I wake up with my neck/shoulder bothering me just from that. Hope you work it out.

Charlotte~~

Good morning, Char, Debbie, Lora, Meg, and Diane Sue! :) I don't have much time this morning because this morning is story time at the library, but I will be on later this afternoon and catch up on what I missed yesterday.

Debbie, DH is having the same tooth problem. Dentist says he doesn't know what it is, but DH thinks he screwed up a filling.

I ran about 4k this morning, but it took over THIRTY MINUTES because of the strong winds. I cannot tell you how badly my legs were burning!!! I love that burn, though ;) I felt it in my butt from pushing against the wind, and I hardly feel it there when I run. :7 I am doing yoga this afternoon... I think I will do Rodney or Brian. Haven't decided yet.

Yesterday was DS's first Taekwondo session, and it was so great! His master demands respect and disciplines the kids if they are disrespectful to their parents in his studio. You can tell the kids really love him, too. I have been thinking about signing up... are you ever too old? :p I don't know if I could call a man my age or younger "Sir" though. lol

Have an awesome day ladies, and I will see you later! :)
Missy

Morning Maniacs! Today is BB2. Might just do upperbody. Not sure yet.

Char- Hope your neck gets better. Might have something to do with your old shoulder injury. Maybe pinching a nerve or something. Sucks!

Debbie- Good workout for you, even if you didn't think so.)

Diane-Enjoy your workout.

Randi-Enjoy killing your legs today.:)

Lora- Great workout as usual.

Missy- Nice run this morning! I don't think you are to young. But, I know what you mean. I'd love to take some kind of Martial Arts class, but want to have a bunch of women my age in with me.:)

Later...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good morning Maniacs!!!

Char...stinks about your neck, take care of that. heat and ibuprofen stretching and hopefully you will be better by friday..

P90x'ers...I went low on weights yesterday especially for triceps, I can only make it to 8# with tri's then have to go down for the rest of the workout. I am beginning to like that workout aside from the push ups. But ?lorraine (not sure if that is her name) makes me feel better. I can't do all that she does number wise, but I see that at least my form (as sorry as it is with pushups) is at least better than hers. LOL. I just sat there again during plyo push ups trying to get my jaw off the ground.

Suz?? meeting went ok???

Diane Sue and Lora..I saw that rainbow mars am and pm yoga at Sams really cheap, is that worth it?

Randi great workout.

Meg, so glad the boys are better.

Dallys...I crack up at your avatar...diaper dog.

Hi to everyone I missed...

Anne...how's DD?

Ok I have a busy day, will try and check in later.

Amber

Morning ladies. Haven't been on much. Buisy ...Feeling better, just this darn drainage in my throat.
DD is better. They are keeping her 1 more day to make sure the antibiotics are the right ones. She is in less pain. Better safe than sorry. Of course she wants to come home and baby wants his mommy home. He is mad at her ...Would not go near her last night.

Char, hope the neck gets better. It stinks then gives ya a headache.

Not sure what i am doing tonite. My w/o's lately are stinkin. I think UBody and abs . My legs are a little sore. Probably because i have not been eatin much. No appetite. Nothing tastes good.

Starting to see the abs more. Gonna have to get on the scale...I wanted to drop weight, but not like this

Deb, it is snowing here. Just a little dusting...
Great w/o ladies. I wish i could handle the poundage. I end up pulling something when i try to go too heavy.

Have a great day, and great w/o's

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Just got done working out my legs are already getting sore! That was a tough workout. I think you guys should try that combo. My knees always get sore after slow and heavy legs, I hate that! Has anyone of you tried Joint MD its ad is in the last months oxygen magazine I think. I might give that a try.
Off to work
Have a great day
Randi

Anne - We got a dusting too. I'll take it!! (Insert happy dance!)

Char - Hope you feel better, that sucks! Your workout yesterday was good considering you were in so much pain. Dang! And it probably wasn't your form on what made you hurt - it was how many of those puppies you did. 70 I recall?

Missy - Great run. How many miles is 4K?

Dallys - Have a great workout!

Amber - Funny about your workout. You'll get it. Tri's are funny muscles, when they give up they just give up.

Randi - Great workout!

Suz - Where are you? I lost a pair of my yoga pants. Can't find them freaking things anywhere. I'm quite preturbed about it. I know I washed them, folded them and thats all she wrote. Can't find where I put them! WTH??

Ann, what is going on with DD? I am so sorry for whatever it is... I hope that she gets better soon. :D

Suz, Lori had her baby!!! :7 She posted pics on the Open Forum. He sure is a cutie! I saw your posts from a while back about being vegan, did you decide to do it? What was the big announcement yesterday?

I forget who asked this, but Suz, Char, Lori (gidget1978) and Sarab were in a check-in back in the day. How did it end? I think the kids got out of school and then we all scattered :eek: :-( :p Weren't we the chattiest??? lol

Amber, love the comment about having better form that those who get paid to look good on our tv! :7 :7 :7

Debbie... did you see on the news about this guy who returned his library book from school 47 years late? He said that he would find the book and then it would just disappear again. Maybe your yoga pants are where his book went? :p And 4k is about 2.6ish miles. Not very long, but it was VERY hard! :)

Dallys, is BB2 Beach Body2?

Well, I decided that I would do Baron Baptist this afternoon. I just feel like hearing things like "equinimity" and "it's a delight, you are in flight".

Check in with you later! :)

Missy

I'm just finishing lunch.....and I'm starting to get VERY depressed. I don't know if I'm being too hard on myself, or if my brain just doesn't work good enough any more. I'm still having a hard time today with everything I do....and all that keeps going thru my head thru all of this is stuff the Educators used to say to me when I worked at the hospital in the education dept. They always said I wasn't capable of doing the job and they wanted me replaced........and that's all I keep hearing in my head. I'm ready to cry, but can't cuz I'm at my desk. I hope this gets better.

How can I improve the sharpness of my brain - besides complex step? Don't laugh either!! x(

I just returned from the vet and had my lunch. Puddle was up to 48.5 lbs. Big for just turning 4 mos). Vet said the bump on her eye was probably a scratch from the dogs playing that had become inflamed. He said it would take care of itself. I need to check out bulk dog food from a coop or something. These two suck down 40# every 2 weeks. And I buy only premium puppy food. I would do anything to try to prevent what happened to Jasmine. I did Straight Up Step(Seasun), the put in Cathe's fusion dvd and did cardio till I finished the second power circuit, I did Ab Ripper X adding some resistance, then Butts & Guts abs, I followed with the Rainbeau Mars yoga dvd. I skipped the w/up segment so spent abou 28min. I also skipped some of the lying there falling asleep part:7

Lora, you were right about that yoga dvd. It is very slow paced and relaxing. The moves are very basic.

Missy, I bet your son will enjoy the Taekwando. My grandson would like to do that. We have a friend in another town that has his own studio. He teaches a lot of good discipline and respect lessons with it too.

Debbie, I think you would like the CC with Candace.

Charlotte, I had some neck pain last week when I did P90X Back & Biceps. I think I did more pull ups than I had been doing on Amy's workout. Hers were more like assisted and pretty fast paced. I never had neck issues the first time I did P90X but I did all pull downs with the Bowflex. I bet it is just pushing too hard. Stinks though because it can slow down the progress trying to get over the neck strain.

Randi, I never had my knees hurt doing S&H. I have tried glucosamine chondroitin when I had knee surgury after my car accident. I didn't really notice much difference though. DD said the doctor she was working for at the time recommended it so I tried it. She did say you have to be consistant with taking it or you are wasting your time.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Lora, I don't know you very well but if I could I would just wrap my arms around you in a huge hug!!! I am so sorry that you are feeling that way and that the hospital people would ever say anything like that to you. What is it that you do? I honestly think that you are probably being to hard on yourself. We are always our own worst critics. [[[[[[[[[[Lora]]]]]]]]]]

Missy

I am gonna go ahead and do the plyo's. I am running behind. Had to get groceries, etc. Maybe it will snow here tonight. Calling for it. Suppose to be 70 again on Sunday. Crazy. Neck is doing better..gradually. Will icy hot it again when doing plyo's and tonight. Feel like an old lady using that stuff. hate to, but ya know...

Anyhoo, had mexican food for lunch. Took out FIL,dd and her boyfriend. Good stuff. Fajitas!

Storm,

Glad to hear your dd is not in as much pain. Hope she comes home soon. You have so much on ya. Glad to hear you see some definition in your abs. You work so hard and it is coming faster for ya.

Diane Sue,

Well yeah, think I must have tried too hard or something. Glad I am not the only one. Gotta go

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.