Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Jan 8

randidiane

Cathlete
Good Morning
It's real early have to go to work soon:( Last night I did slow and heavy chest and back. Today will be cardio not sure what yet.
Added some new pics last night. Really happy with the results i'm seeing with just heavy weight training and cardio of course:)
Have a great day
Randi

Randi you are looking good girl.
Great job..

This am is a simple workout B & G floorwork and some legs..
Puled something in the right wrist again. Darn it. I have been increasing the weight pretty good..Gonna wrap it and make sureit is not pulling more.Think i did it with pull overs..

I am total body sore. Feels good and sucks at the same time..
Have a great day girls

Looks like we have 2 threads started today.........so I'll copy on this one.

Morning Maniacs -

This morning my rotation called for Interval X+ and Abs & Core+. I only had time to do 10" of the Abs/core, as I ran out of time. This only got my HR up to 153 (not that high) but I think it really worked my legs (now I understand why there is not much leg work included....as mine are sore). Workout was 61" and I burned 566 calories. That core workout keeps your HR elevated. That's one reason I like the total body and core DVDS......you burn some calories with them even though it's weight work.

I think I'll probably go back and forth between the Lean and Classic rotations. Not sure how long I'll last, as I'm getting bored already!! LOL.

Did everyone see the announcement that Tracey's surprise workout is a treadmill (i think walking) workout. I'm debating getting it. It's up for presale now for $14.99.

Toasty - Beth just announced over at the BPAL Forum that she's pregnant and then she added that the Lupercalia (valentine's) update will be later this month. I can't wait. My Paypal account is ready and waiting!

Have great workouts everyone.

ETA: Diane Sue- I was in the Holiday Collage catalog. It was out prior to Christmas. It had a yellow cover and I was on page 10.

I ended up ordering Tracey's new walk treadmill workout. My box of Videos that I'm unsure of is overflowing! Yikes! You know me though....doesn't take much to get me to buy something!

This morning I did Interval X + then did 4Day Split Kickbox cardio premix no w/up. When I come back from taking my granddaughters to school I will do the abs/core. Interval X + is actually only 33 minutes of cardio after the w/up so that is why I added a little more to it.

Lora, I will have to hunt down my holiday issue. Did you get the worksheets printed off for the P90X+ series?

Randi, you are getting some nice definition showing:)

Lora, I saw that one of Tracey's. I think after this last series I will wait for reviews. May order somewhere else as her customer service was not to good this last time either. The dvd quality was not good either. I like her workouts though. I really love Her new Step 2.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good morning ladies! This morning was cardio so I did Cardio Coach #3. Excellent 40 min. workout, I love this one.

Then I did the ab work from Kick, Punch & Crunch. I also love this ab workout. Especially the pykes on the stability ball.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]39 min.
29 min. in zone
243 calories burned
2.39 miles travelled
[/font]

Hope you all have a great day!

Morning ladies.

Randi, Ilove your abs, I feel motivated to eat very clean today.

I want to add some fitness pics as soon as I reach my goal weight, 6 lbs to go.

Off to work out, Gym Style Legs, abs, maybe jump on my elliptical for a bit it I have anything left. :)

Have a great day ladies.

Good morning!

As promised I did weights today (and no cardio - this is BIG for me!). I did legs on my own - sorry, no fancy fonts, as it would take me forever:

Squats Smith Machine
85# 10 reps
85# 12 reps
105# 12 reps

Leg Extensions
80# 8 reps
80# 10 reps
80# 12 reps
I kept going with more reps b/c I feel like I can lift more, but the angle or something is a bit odd on this so it feels weird so I thought next time I'd do more weight. I should have looked to see what I'd done before. I did abs after each set with my legs locked in place. Works great!

Walking Lunges
40# 15 reps
40# 15 reps
40# 20 reps

Lying Leg Curls
35# 10 reps
35# 10 reps
35# 10 reps
I have to be careful on these b/c they tend to stress the back of my right knee. So although I feel like I can go heavier, I tend not to.

Usually I don't have time to type out all of my exercises and weights used, but I started and finished up early today. :)

Randi - You've got great muscle tone and super abs! You've been working so hard for so long. Your pics look awesome! Very healthy.

Lora - I hope your job goes better today.

Off to hit the shower and then to work. I hope you all have a great day! I hope mine can be balanced without cardio. I'm feeling a little off already. :p I should have gotten down to the basement a little earlier. I dinked around too long this morning.

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Gonna work arms today plus abs. Another lovely warm day!

Randi,

Very nice looking arms you got there. Good shoulder definition too. I like your new look with brown hair. Looks good on you.

Lora,

I am happy for Beth. That's lovely news she is gonna have a baby. I am still broke so don't make me cry now. I applied for jobs last night...wasn't thrilled applying at fast food. I should have went to college and became a Private Investigator instead. Taking me half my life to figure out what I really wanna do.

Debbie,

Nice cardio burn.

Suz,

Very nice leg workout. I bet your gonna feeling the doms.

I am home and ready to go tackle those abs:) My lats and triceps are still a little sore this morning from yesterdays upper body workout:D I may throw in some of X Stretch or the Spinervals Flexible Warrior athletic yoga(I think the swim segment 12 minutes would be good as it works on the upper body well)

Adina, it is so motivating when you see someone getting results.

Charlotte, you are going to love these workouts:) I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Lora,that is a good picture of you. I had that Collage issue. I guess I never opened it.

Suz, great weight workout. I always feel uncomfortable around the back of my knees during leg curls too. I always thought it was because of the Bowflex Bench angle when doing them. I am trying to lower my cardios to less than the hour I usually do. It is hard to give up cardio.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Char - I bet you're right, I'll probably be getting some DOMS by the end of the day! :) Is there any way that you can work part time and go to school part time? There are SO many online options anymore so that you wouldn't necessarily have to do a lot of driving (meaning gas money) and there is a lot of financial aid available. The community college where I work has a lot of online classes, as does our local university. Most colleges are going that way now because it is more convenient for students. It's not just the Regis colleges and the University of Phoenix's, which are getting much better reputations but are just so expensive. Oooo...just as I was typing that I got an e-mail from our Dean of Instruction about a new partnership we have with Regis and a tuition discount for employees. See, I told you they were getting a better rep. :) Anyway, it's never too late. And there is money available to help you go to school. My sister is 46 and has 5 classes left to finish her bachelor's. She'll be finished by next December (she's working full time for the state board of parole and they plan to promote her when she's finished). Don't sell yourself short!

Diane Sue - I should have spent more time on abs, reading about you going to tackle your abs. :) Yeah, I used to think it was my Bowflex that did that to the back of my knees until I got my Smith machine and the bench made me feel the same way. When I did those at the gym (which has been 10 years ago now) I didn't have the same feeling, but that was before all of that marathon training and had less miles on this body of mine. ;)

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

Hello Maniacs!

Did 4DS-BC Lower body circuit this morning. Have class to teach at lunch (weights & light cardio) and another class this evening (advanced step)...that should do me.

Randi - Great pics...you look awesome! Keep up the good work.

Suz - Great job on your workout...it's hard missing cardio isn't it?

Toasty - Hope you find a job soon...so you can get keep smellin good!!

Hello to all of you hard-working ladies...have a blessed day!! Take care...

http://1ww.us/1/Marietta.gif[/img]
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Randi- You look awesome. Your abs are smokin' girl!!!

Anne - Sorry to hear about your wrist. Mine was popping out of place yesterday when I was doing bicep curls? WTF??? It was grossing me out. Do you wear wrist wraps? That may help, it helps me a lot.

Lora - Your lip glosses are on backorder. I hate Avon sometimes!!! I'll let you know when I get them.

Diane Sue - Nice workout once again! :)

Adina - Welcome! Not sure I welcomed you when you joined our group!

Suz - Nice workout. Are you doing a certain rotation or are you winging it?

Char - Have a great arm workout! I know you'll bring it like you usually do!

Marietta - It's so good to have you back! :)

I'm already getting DOMS in my quads! Yipppeeee!!!

Marietta - Yes, it's hard to miss cardio since I'm such a cardio junkie. I feel like I haven't worked out unless I do cardio. You sure are getting a "lotta workout" done today. Good golly!

Debbie - Ha! Me on a rotation? I'm not disciplined enough. It was amazing that I stuck with P90X last year. Oh, and I did do 12 weeks of Body for Life workouts AND eating. And I'm very disciplined with my eating but I just can't stick with rotations. I think I'm lazy that way. :) I admire all of you who do though. I'll have to stick to some sort of training schedule though starting in Feb. when DH sets up my training for cycling since I told him I'd do whatever he tells me to. Yikes!

Suz

Did legs..
3-sets 10
Squats Only 45# Wrist hurting to lift it
Static linges 45#
Plea Squats- 45#
Front linges onto bosu
Dead lifts 60#
Back lunges 15's
Side and back leg lifts w band
Side lunges 15#
I forgot cal raises Darnit..

Hi Marietta.. i think you need to get a couple more in today. LOL....
Deb,
I may have to wrap this wrist. It is hurting when i turn it. I hate when i do stupid crap.

Suz, you are gonna be hurtin...

Adina good job on the weight loss..

Diane Sue you always amaze me..

Char, you need to get some boobs and flurt. You'll get a job.. LOL...
Act dumb.. They like people they can tell what to do..
If they think you are smart, they are afraid you will take their job...
Have a great day all..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Thank you guys for saying those nice things:) It's a lot of hard work. I'm so glad I stuck with Cathe all t hese years:)
Have a great day
Randi

IT'S HERE...P90X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPEE!!!!

Suz,

Thanks for the encouragement! Appreciate that. Who knows..maybe I will look into it.

Deb,

Check out Family Force 5 and see if you like some of their songs...Luv Addict (this is one of my favs) and something about b*tches on another song. lol.

Anne,

Don't need boobs. I got my magickal powers...that is all I need. The rest is just the tapioca inside the pudding.
:p ;)

Marietta,

Love to hear you working out so much! Gotta feel good to do that.

Yup, gotta have some money so I can keep smellin' good..sure nuff! :p

Afternoon Maniacs,

Today was cardio, so I did IMAX 2 Blast Mania Premix. It was a fun twist on an old favorite. I didn't miss the step section at all. It was short about 40 minutes, but I felt I worked hard. Then I did LIC abs. Which I really felt because I've been slacking when it comes to abs recently.

Randi - you look great!

Suz- Isn't DOMS grand? I like Debbie's quote "If I ain't hurting, I'm not happy", because I figure if I don't have DOMS I didn't work hard enough!

Everyone - Great workouts as always! Especially you Marrietta, sure you can't fit in one more?

Have a great day!
Linda

Linda - Great going with Imax 2! I miss Cathe's step workouts but my knees sure don't!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: On whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Grilled Garlic Chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Vanilla Pro Pudding w/ 1/2 banana & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M5: 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp power pb

[font color=blue]1628.5 calories
54 g. fat - 30%
151 g. protein - 37%
139 g. carbs - 34%
[/font]

A little low on calories but oh well...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.