Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Feb 5

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning my rotation called for P90X+ Intervals...but I'm a bit sick of it....so I did P90 Masters Intervals and wasn't getting into it...so I threw in Turbo Jam Fat Blaster to finish. Workout was 57" and I burned 515 calories.

Last night I did Shiva Rea's Lunar Flow practice. I really like this for evenings. It felt good.

Have great workouts everyone.

Diane Sue - so you got that book from the Library then? What is the exact title? I'll try to see if my Library has it.

Did cardio this morning. HRM went bazerk again. I'm so fed up with these HRM's. Now tell me, how can the thing work for 2 months straight and then all of a sudden just stop working? It ranged from 282 bpm to 70 bpm in a matter of seconds. When I took the strap off it would not reset itself, it stayed at 282 bpm for a long time. What the hell is it reading for goodness sakes? Unreal. I ended up taking it off so I have no clue what my stats were. I did Cardio Coach #7 and only did Challenge #1 and #2. This workout kicked my butt this time. Not sure why.

[font color=indigo]Cardio Stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]57 minutes
384 calories burned (according to my treadmill)
3.7 miles travelled
[/font]

Good MOrning Maniacs!!!

I swear I am not feeling the slightest fluffy in my mid section and upper body now..NOT AT ALL! I feel tight as a drum!!! Today is Legs/Back and I might do a bike ride for the warm up (depends on wind)

Debbie,

You make me laugh my butt off when I hear you with that hrm. I know that things annoys the hell out of you. It would me too.

Lora,

You getting tired of P90X? hehe

Good Morning, since I am not doing Plyometrics X I did Tracey Staehle's Sweatfest Kickbox. I am doing P90X abs/core+ in a little bit. May do some other stuff and stretching.

Lora, I just went by author and found the book. It is Pain Free A Revolutionary Method For Stopping Chronic Pain by Pete Egoscue.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I think I'm gonna join you guys now. LOL

I did 4 mile run and ran up the stairs 3x. It took me 14 freaking minutes to run the first mile. Normally, it only takes me 7-8 min to run the first mile. I was so PO. Not sure how much I burned 'cause my HRM is dead. I only had it for 6 months and the battery died. Stupid polar. I don't believe in HRM anyway because you can calculate your HR yourself and it's easier. I'd love to know how many calories I burned though.

Lora, I saw you bought kettlebells. You lucky girl! I haven't bought them due to the price. I use them at the gym on weekends. Be very careful with kettlebells because it involves a lot of shoulder work. Let me know how you like them.

Toasty, thanks for mentioning Godsmack. I've been listening to them lately. I can't believe the weather you're getting in VA.

Dallys and Suz, I hope you guys come back soon. Suz, listening to you talk about cycling is not boring AT ALL. I really enjoy it because it makes me want to give it a try. Odd thing is whenever you talk about cycling, it makes me want run longer. How are Gizmo and Amber?

Hope you guys have a great day!

Lisa

Debbie,

LMAO! Your funny when you get mad over that thing!!!! hehe

Lisa,

IT IS ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!! Did you just "recently" think of this. Silly. Everyone is hating their HRM. hehe.

Getting ready to do bike ride. Gonna go for short one. Too friggin' windy.

Yo Maniacs!!

How's everyone doin? I'm doing great, just busy as usual.

This morning I did iTreads #19 (sprints) and #22 (hills)...ended up traveling about 5.5 miles and ran about an hours. There are a few walking sections and that is why it took me so long. Good workout though. Think I'll bump up the speed next time.

Seems as though everyone is having trouble with HRMs...I can't wear them because I focus on them too much and give myself a heart attack...LOL!!

Hope you all have good workouts today!!

http://1ww.us/1/Marietta.gif[/img]
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Marietta,

Yo yo! Great workout. You got a need for speed,huh? HRM are scary for me to look at it like when I can't breathe. hehe. I sometimes don't wanna know. lol.

Good Afternoon Maniacs,

Today was cardio and I did CC #2(revised). What can I say I am hooked I love these workouts. Guess I was getting pretty tired of step.

Hey, does anyone know what happened to Adina?

Lora - Did you read NROL4W? What did you think of it?

Debbie - Sorry about your HRM. Just face it your too tough for those things, they can't handle you!

Char - I am jealous! I am feeling fluffy!x(

Great workouts everyone!

Linda

I went back and did Kimberly Spreens Triple Threat KB segment and functional power segment, then I did P90X+ abs/core and Amys 10 min solution stretch. I think with Triple Threat functional power is the only good workout on it. The KB is the same moves she uses in her others and the workout is not done very professionally IMO. I had a hard time getting into the dancey moves on the yoga flow part. The small amount of yoga was ok though.

Everytime I am thinking I really want a heartrate monitor I read all of your posts and problems. Maybe I don't. I hate spending half of my workout time trying to get something to work right. I would probably start obsessing over the calorie burn and my hr.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Debbie - I love the CC's. They make the time fly by. I've been telling everyone I know that does cardio on a machine that they have to get these! And no i don't have #7......yet!}( I was wondering if it was any good.

Linda

Ok, where the HELL is our snow??? Where is our winter??? It is 60 degrees here today and RAINING! WTF? I am SO SICK OF RAIN AND WARM WEATHER!!! I want snow dammit!

Ok, now I feel better.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Grilled garlic chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 10 slices bananas & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M5: Mango Talapia; salad w/light Honey Mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1749.5 calories
58 g. fat - 30%
157 g. protein - 36%
155 g. carbs - 35%
[/font]

Oh my god
My mom hurt my feelings she saw that i got Muscle milk and said, why did you get that?, you're muscles are getting to big! I am so hurt by that because I'm actually getting smaller because i'm losing fat and getting leaner, i'm not trying to get big big.
Hope you guys understand:)
Randi

Randi,
About your mom....Don't worry. My mother said the same thing. I just told her it was for my husband so she could keep her mouth shut. LOL I don't think you're getting big at all. Just looking very athletic. MM Light is my most fav. protein powder. The strawberry shake one is delicious. They have real strawberry bits in it. Question about the N.O Explode...Does your veins pop out and look very pumped after you drink it before working out? Again, don't be upset with what your mother said. Mothers always say things. I doubt she means it in a bad way. Her generation doesn't think we should look very athletic. Women supposed to be "delicate"....Whatever that means. LOL As long as you're very happy with yourself, that's what is much more important. ;-) :)

Lisa

I keep telling everyone that my Mio HRM works like a charm. I'm especially liking my latest one. www.GoPhysical.com The Mio Ultimate is the one that has the chest strap and the option to take your reading on the buttons on the monitor. It is frustrating when they don't work and I'm addicted to mine. I can't stand working out without it.....so I can make sure I'm working hard enough!

Linda - I haven't read NROLFW yet. I've been sort of stressed out with getting back into the routine of working full time and learning a new job. I'll get around to it. I have glanced thru it and the exercises look good, but when I glanced at the rotation, it sort of turned me off cuz they only have one option in the book and it just goes thru stages and gets harder and harder as it goes on. I was hoping it would have had different rotations in it like the original NROL. There has been a lot of discussion about it at Videofitness and some ladies are doing the rotation over there.

Lisa- I'm glad you decided to join. When I posted about kettlebells, you crossed my mind cuz I know you're into Alwyn Cosgrove, etc and that type of training. I almost emailed you the other day to ask you about working my shouders with KB's. I didn't have money to get the instructional kit by that Anthony (Dilugio or whatever his name is over at the Art of Strength - cuz it's like $80). That's what the girls at VF said I should get, but I already bought a few DVDs and don't have money left for that. I've been warned about my form and I've only played around with them a bit and tried a few moves. I am starting out light with 15, 20 and 25 lbs which I think is reasonable for me with my injury. I did a few of the snatch, clean and presses with my 15 lber the other day and actually did the press part of the move. I know we discussed the clean and press before in traditional weightlifting and what to do about my shoulders. I don't know what I should do with KB training...modify...try the presses or what. I was thinking I'd try a few and see how I feel, as I was reading that when working with KBs, the press is really done with proper form and shouldn't bother your shoulder. I'm also a bit concerned about the moves you do where you extend your arm all the way to the ceiling holding the KB. If you have time - why don't you email me with your thoughts. I've tried the Turkish Getup with a lighter dumbbell to practice form cuz I'm too afraid to extend my arm like that holding my 15 pounder until I practice. I'd be interested in hearing your tips, etc. (let me know if you know of a cheaper instructional set....as I have Sarah Lurie's as my only instruction right now).

Toasty - yes, I'm sick of Tony and P90X+. I'm going to try and stick with it though. I may flip back and forth between Classic and Lean and might even do the Classic's recovery week with some extra cardio for a week or two....since you use the older DVDs in it. I'm also going to add in some different cardio like I've been, as 2 cardio workouts a week are not enough variety for me.

sorry for the long post.........long winded tonight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.