Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Dec 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs-

This morning I did Turbo Jam Kick Punch and Jam and repeated the Turbo blasts 3 times. Workout was 54" and I burned 515 calories. Got my HR up to 166 during the first blast! I did the blasts on the Rebounder.

Have great workouts everyone..........trying to get used to this early ...full-time work schedule.

This morning I did the "revised" version of Cardio Coach #2. Wow, I cannot believe how much different this version is from the one I have. This was my first time doing this workout. Challenge #2 was very tough. It has a 3 minute hill climb at a level three and then you "descend" for 3 minutes which I took to mean a slow sprint. So I did that with the speed of 5.0 and thought I was going to die. After the 3 min. hill climb and then doing a sprint for 3 minutes was very tough. Challenge #3 was just as tough and I can't really figure out how it was suppose to be done. He said to keep your speed the same with the intervals and the rests, but change your incline to make it more intense. So I used an incline of 5 and a speed of 5 mph for 45 seconds and then you get a 1 min. rest so I lowed the incline to 2 and tried to keep jogging. That worked for one interval, I had to lower my speed for the next 4 intervals. Very fun workout, I did enjoy it.

I then did the ab work from Kick, Punch & Crunch. LOVE LOVE LOVE that workout!

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]38 min.
30 min. in zone
192 calories burned (treadmill showed 260)
2.3 miles travelled
[/font]

Hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

My weight is back up again to 119. Hells bells!x(

Yesterday's workout:

Chest Decline Press with bb with 55# 3 sets/15
(this one was very tough and challenged me)

Chin Ups 8/7/5 (I believe 8 is my best and proud about that)

Reverse Lunges with 80# bb 3/15 (heart rate very high on these)

Lateral Raises w/10's 3/15

Lying Tricep DB Ext with 12's 3/15 (getting better with these..could almost gone up to 15's for 3 sets/15)

Calve Raises 110# bb 3/15 (too easy..could have done with 200# instead) lol.

Today I will do a cardio coach workout. I like to do the next level when he or she says go to level 3, I then go to level 4 instead to make it more challenging.

I finished my workout. Had nowhere to go this morning so just got it done:D I did Tracey's HIS Mix 2 w/u, cardio and abs, then I did Amy's Step Challenge 2 combos 1&2 1nd 1&2 combined 15 minutes., Amy's Slow Motion Core, 3 sets 15 hanging knee raises with 10# med ball, 2 sets wood chops on ball with 25# dumbbell, Tracey's Glute camp abs, then Freedom From Back Pain Yoga 10 minutes and Flexible Warrior Athletic yoga Run segment 22 minutes. I may get all the moves down on these new workouts one of these days LOL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

From yesterday's posts:

Sandy - The "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" book is an e-book. You download the file, it's a .pdf, and you have to print it out yourself or read it on your computer. It's over 300 pages so it can get expensive to print it out. I did it at work so no biggie for me. :)

Dallys - Dang, that really sucks about your elbow. Weird how it hasn't healed yet. Did you ever have it checked out? Isn't oatmeal awesome with the Banana Nut Bread BSN? OMG! I love that stuff. I add some sliced banana's with it sometimes too. YUMMY!

Penney - Nice workout yesterday. How's your eating going? Are the weekends getting easier?

From Today's posts so far:

Lora - Nice workout this morning. Great calorie burn!

Char - Don't sweat your weight gain, I'm sure it's only water. Nice workout yesterday! What week are you on now?

Diane Sue - Wow girl, excellent workouts you did this morning! Are you liking the SloMo workouts?

Dallys - That is such a fun workout, it shocked me. The first release that I have of #2 is quite boring. You burned more calories then me. :( Great going!

DebCC #2r is a tough workout for how short it is. I like it too. I probably burned more calories than you because I'm out of shape. LOL! I have had my elbow checked and had a cortizone shot back in March. The shot lasted up until August and then I could tell it was wearing off. Still it was something I could live with. Now, it's not as bad as in the beginning, but it kills during some exercises. I've heard from many, many people, incuding the Doc, that Tennis Elbow might not ever go away. My husband had it and said his finally feels like it's healed and it's been over 2 years! So, I'm not holding on to any hope that I'll get rid of it permanently. Just have to live with it and work around it. There is some sort of surgery that you can have (can't remember the name) that infuses your own blood into the area, but you have to be under to have that done. The Doc says that's been very successful, but I'm not quite ready for that!

Oh yeah, I do love the banana nut bread PP in oatmeal. Makes it much more tastey.:9

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey Debbie,

So I don't have to buy it, I can just print it out? 300 pages, that's, I wonder if I could get buy with doing that here at work? I did 4DS last night and had water with a little bit of Crystal Light and that's all I drank when I got home. That's the most water I've drank in a while. The crystal light helped with that. Oh and the lightest weights I used last night was 15lb db. The highest I used was 25lb db. I'll work up to heavier. Had grilled chicken breast with brocolli and it was really good, didn't eat anything after that! Good for me. Tonight I'm planning on 4DS Kickboxing and of course the weight work. I felt so good just getting in there and doing my workout last night.
Gonna get back to work, just got back from lunch.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Deb: the eating is going very well. I also did great last weekend, even though we went to a party with TONS of goodies ;-)

I do legs tonight! :)

Sandy - No, you have to purchase the book online, it's an ebook. It's about $40 if I remember correctly. Then you have to download it and print it out yourself. Great job on your workout and eats!

Penney - Great going with your eats as well! I'm proud of you, girl!! Weekends are always the hardest. How's your job going? Are you guys busy there for the holiday's?

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON Whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Banana Cream BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats
M3: Garlic Chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Italian Wedding soup
M5: Buffalo burger patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1678.5 calories
58 g. fat - 32%
163 g. protein - 39%
131 g. carbs - 31%
[/font]

Here I'm stressing over the carbs I'm eating and I looked back at my meals from this time last year and I was eating 281 g. a day! I don't feel so bad about it now. Geez, I was living on carbs.

>[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]
>
>M1: ON Whey protein shake (post workout)
>M2: Banana Cream BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats
>M3: Garlic Chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
>M4: Italian Wedding soup
>M5: Buffalo burger patty; salad w/light Honey mustard
>dressing
>M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb
>
>[font color=blue]1678.5 calories
>58 g. fat - 32%
>163 g. protein - 39%
>131 g. carbs - 31%
[/font]
>
>Here I'm stressing over the carbs I'm eating and I looked back
>at my meals from this time last year and I was eating 281 g. a
>day! I don't feel so bad about it now. Geez, I was living
>on carbs.

Nice eats, Deb. 131 carbs is not bad at all considering your other macros :)

When you had the 281 grams of carbs a day, did you make up for that with very low fat, or lower protein? I know you've eaten lowfat in the past.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just did my own thing. Listened to Seether. Set elliptical on HR Hill, level 4. Warming up I wanted to see how fast I could go..22mph (faster then some people drive, lol) and spilled my water as it shook everywhere. lol.

Traveled 3.8 mi
Burned 260 cals
Kept my hr in the low 150's for most of the time. Average speed: 7mi.

Still have ab work to do and I pretty much blew off the day and will have alot of cleaning and dogs to bathe tomorrow.

MY EATS:

Meal 1: Kelloggs High Protein Cereal
Meal 2: Protein Bar
Meal 3: Meatloaf sandwich on whole grain bread (thin slices of bread), and plain with just mustard, spinach and tomatoe salad with olive oil and 1/2 apple with 1 teas natural pb
Meal 4: Protein Shake
Meal 5: Meat and green veggie

>Sandy - No, you have to purchase the book online, it's
>an ebook. It's about $40 if I remember correctly. Then you
>have to download it and print it out yourself. Great job on
>your workout and eats!
>
>Penney - Great going with your eats as well! I'm proud
>of you, girl!! Weekends are always the hardest. How's your
>job going? Are you guys busy there for the holiday's?

On my end it won't be too bad. On Rick's end it is insane! (Yes we work for the same company) ;)

Penney - My fats were lower and protein was lower too. I think I was eating 20f/30p/50c back then. My body handles carbs well, though. I had a little bit of body fat but what bothered me was I couldn't see my abs. Now I can and I want to keep it that way. Not sure it's realistic or not, though.

I didn't know Rick worked at the same place you work at. How cool. What does he do there?

Char - Great workout. Seether is fun to workout to.

Peeps!

How've you been? I've missed you. I've been so busy. I had a BIG meeting yesterday and had to present my 5 year plan to all of my peers (and my boss, of course). It all turned out quite well, thank goodness. It was quite an undertaking though and has taken all of my time lately. I'm so glad it's over. The meeting was a great success for our division.

My great new P90X plan has fallen by the wayside. I know that just shocks the heck out of you all. :p So I guess I will just throw some P90X workouts in when I feel like it and do other weight workouts when I feel like it, like I have been. I know that's probably not great, but better than no weights, right? Why I can't stick to a rotation is beyond me. I did so well with P90X last year.

This morning I did CC#7. Surprise, surprise. I still LOVE that workout.

Gotta run an errand now in the 40mph wind. What joy! :) A couple of us are visiting a wind farm tomorrow. I think the wind is supposed to die down though. Whew!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi Ladies - Y'all should get the Mio Drive HRM like I just got.......cuz it seems to give me high calorie burns a lot!! Not sure I trust it though.....but it's nice to hope! It also has a feature that has an alarm that chimes every time you burn 3500 calories (which they say equals a pound.....provided you haven't pigged out! LOL). They say the goal is to burn those calories in 1 week. I did it every week when I was doing my long workouts, but not sure I'll be able to do the 3500 every week now that I'm back on the work schedule. I don't know how they expect "normal" people to burn that many calories in a week.

Day 2 of the new job is history....yay.....I feel like I have no time to myself...............must get used to this full time schedule again!

Can't decide what weight workout to do tomorrow. Decisions...Decisions.

I feel I need the structure of a rotation, but can't decide which one to do.

Dallys - You better go back and look at my picture trail. I don't see it. :p

Lora - Congrats on day 2 of your job! You can do this one. I knew it!

Diane Sue - Is that the first time you got to finish a workout straight through? :) I bet that was fun.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.