Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues Aug 12

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Remix. I repeated the Turbo's the first time twice ....and then repeated the workout......so total of six Turbo's. Workout was 59" and I burned 619 calories. My HR hovered from 148-151 for the lower intensity segments and I got it up to 167 on the Turbos...not overly impressive....but decent.

I'm going thru a rough time right now. The DH and I are not getting along. He's really jealous about my job and friend there and continually picks a fight with me. Things don't look good for our future right now. It's very upsetting to me and I'm overwhelmed with thinking about what will happen in the future here. Just thought I'd mention it. As I've mentioned in the past, my DH tends to be verbally abusive with an explosive temper and tells me to pack my bags constantly and frankly, I've just about had it. I hate conflict so this is all very difficult for me and quite upsetting. Thanks for listening.

Meg - I want to talk to you via email......so please PM me your email addy if you check in today. thanks.

Have great workouts everyone.

This morning I did Pyramid Upper Body.

Wow did I have an excellent puke status workout this morning. Haven't done this workout since July of 2006!!! Holy crap! It was great! My upper body is fried.

CHEST
Dumbbell Flies ss w/ Dumbbell Press:
20's - 12
25's - 10
30's - 8
25's - 10
20's - 12

BACK
Dumbbell Pullovers:
25# - 12
30# - 10
35# - 8
30# - 10
35# - 12

SS w/ Double Arm Rows:
15's - 12
20's = 10
25's - 8
20's - 10
15's 12
***Double Arm Rows were too easy. Should have went heavier.

SHOULDERS
This was a triple set
Rear Flies:
10's - 12
12's - 10
15's - 8
12's - 10
10's - 12

SS w/Lateral Raises:
8's - 12
10's - 10
12's - 8
10's - 10
8's - 12

SS w/Front Raises:
5's - 12
8's - 10
10's - 8
8's - 10
5's - 12
***This was definite puke status. My shoulders were FRIED!

TRICEPS
Kickbacks:
8's - 12
10's - 10
12's - 8
10's - 10
8's -12

SS w/Dumbbell Overhead Press:
15# - 12
20# - 10
25# - 8
20# - 10
15# - 12
***Felt these but should have gone heavier with both exercises.

BICEPS
Hammer Curls SS w/Traditional Curls:
12's - 12
15's - 10
17's - 8
15's - 10
12's - 12
***This was puke status. My biceps were PUMPED!

That is all... I will do ab work when I get home from work.

Last edited:
Morning,

This morning, I did KPC was not my best work, still purging the bad :eek:and the ugly :eek:out of my system from past weekend. Tonight, going for a nice lonnnnnnnngggggggg, walk can’t wait! :rolleyes:

Lora: (((((((hugs)))))))

Debbie: Girl, you kicked A$$ this morning, niiiiiccccceeeee!;)

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

So I have decided to give my body a rest for a week..possibly two cuz I am having a hard time sleeping now with my upperback and neck bothering me. I am not in a good way, but have made improvements, but I believe I need to rest longer for complete healing to take place so..yeah, I am gonna be walking more and probably still get on elliptical, but I have to leave the weights alone for now. Really sucks, but I gots to do what I gots to do. :D

Today I have some cleaning to catch up on and will take a long walk this evening.

Char - I'm so glad to hear you are taking a break. You obviously need it. I know it's hard to do but it will be good for your body and for your recovery. Hugs girl!

Morning Maniacs! I'm getting ready to do Slim Series Mix it Up. No bike ride today.

Lora- So, sorry to hear you dh aren't getting along. Makes life hard when someone is not being nice.

Char-Don't fret about taking some time off from weights. I had to do it with my tennis elbow. If I would have been smarter and taken about a month off of lifting right when I got the injury, It might not have taken over a year to get better. Now, I'm down to lifting light weights and having to watch every move I make.. sucks. You're not going to waste away, take as much time as it takes.;)

Teddy- I'm getting jealous of all your long walks! I need to start doing that again. Gosh, I just need a few more hours in my day!

Morning Manics,

Today was BM2 Timesaver cardio premix. I love that one, it's a tough workout in a short period.

Debbie - Enjoy your riding. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with the bikes. This sure is some crazy weather for August! Nice workout, I like PUB but dislike PLB.

Lora - Sorry you and DH are having problems. While my DH isn't verbally abusive, we of course have our times that we just can't get along for anything and that's very difficult. Hope it works out for best!

Char - Happy to hear DH is doing good. Sorry you are in such pain. Good thing that you are taking a break, even though I know it will be hard.

Teddygirl - Hi!

Hi all! Sorry I have been MIA - been busy. Friday I did legs and glutes after Debbie gave it such rave reviews. That is a tough work out - keeps the HR up. Saturday was long walk with dogs and then baths for dogs. What fun!

Sunday I did Jackie Warners boot camp and it was quite brutal for me.

Yesterday I ran the neighbor - which is hilly - total time 55 minutes - maximum HR 185!! time in zone 35 minutes with 420 calories burned.

Today I did that Jackie Warner boot camp again. It is really hard. This is it

med ball hot potatoes - 8 lb 20 reps
med ball reach overs - 8 # 20 reps
mountain climbers 20
jumping lunges 20
UFCs this is a wrestling move that really burns the quads - 20
duck jumps - this is basically skipping in a squat stance - brutal - 20 reps
med ball push up with burpee - could only 12 of these - supposed to do 20
push up to side plank - 20
med ball bend overs - 20
curl to press - 20
tricep kickbacks in plank position - 20

repeated 3 times - work out was about 50 minutes and I know I burned mega calories cause I had the puke factor going.

Lora - sorry about that situation. I hate when there is tension.

Char - good to take time off. I really did a number on my neck a while back and I actually had to get prescription strength Ibuprofen - 800 mg - to take 3 times a day for a week before it got better. I had tried chiropractor, massage, the works, but really needed something to get the nerve to call down. I am very protective of my neck now! That was a bad time.

Linda - nice work out! I think this Jackie Warner boot camp gets the EPCO going. I am still sweating and it was completed 5 hours ago!

Lora - I'm also sorry about hearing of your problems at home. Why is he so jealous of friends at work? Are they male friends? Anyways, that really sucks. I hope you can work things out and be happy again.

Oh, and I downloaded the song you mentioned. I can't wait to listen to it!

Good Morning, I know I have been missing for awhile. I have had two weeks of absolutely no exercise. I think the rest has been good for me. DH left the country and I spent as much time running around with him before he left for the next year or so. Then I went for a visit with my Dad in Nebraska. He is turning 80 next month. Had a wonderful visit. I did take a couple of walks around his little town:) I was going to get up this morning and do a treadmill jog but didn't hear my alarm. Had to go to DD's office to have a couple of spots biopsied for melanoma:0 All I wanted was for her to look at my back to see why it was itchy. Then she decided to look close at a spot on the side of my nose and now I have a stitch in the side of my nose. Looks really cute LOL Just thought that I would say I am getting ready to start back into my workouts.

Charlotte, I hope your DH is doing well. Sorry you are still having problems. I thought maybe the chiropractor would help you out.

Lora, sorry about your difficulties with your dh. I hope you can work it out.

Dallys, I really am getting back on here LOL Haven't took this long of a break from working out in a long time.

This site is really killing me. Everytime I want to go to something, I have to log in EVERY time! WTFH??

Was at the gym this morning for cardio circuit... 30 min of interval run clocking in at 8.3 as fastest and slowest is 4.2. Then did 15 min on the EFX, 10 min rowing and 5 on the step mill. Tonight will go back to workout with a friend doing total body weight training. I have a lot of running around to do today for school which is a PIA.

Lora- Sorry to hear about your problems. Hope it gets better soon. He wouldn't want us Hardcore ladies to whup his ass. LOL

Char- I'm glad you're taking a break. You'll feel better. Neck/trap pain sucks. What is your son going to major in?

Dallys- awesome bike riding! How's Rob? I used to take care of wild baby birds that were hurt or lost...One thing I don't miss AT ALL is the smell of their poop. UGH!

WD- Nice seeing you back on here again!

Shewolf- Hey, how are you doing? When are the kids going back to school?

Hope you ladies have a great day. Gotta eat lunch then get going again. TTYL!

Ally - Nice job on the EPOC. Never heard of Jackie Warner.

Diane Sue - I've done the melanoma biopsies recently too. they are no fun. Hope they come back negative. Wow, I don't know what I would do if DH was gone for over a year.

FlexIt - Nice name. Great to see you back. I completely understand busy!!!! Trying to get the new business up and running, very difficult. Kids go back to school in September, but DD will only go to morning's a week. But really excited that DS will go all day instead of like last year's half day schedule! (Insert Happy Dance :p) How's the little terror?

Diane Sue - Great to see you back! I was wondering what happened to you. Sorry to hear you have a stitch in your nose. OUCH!!! Looking forward to seeing your workouts again.

Flexit - If you have AOL that is why you have to continually sign in. I have the same exact problem. AOL SUCKS OUT LOUD! So when I'm at home I access Cathe's page from Internet Explorer instead. Just sign onto AOL like you usually would. Then click on Internet Explorer - it should be on your desktop or under your start menu. It works great under there.

Lunch time for me here. Left-over ribs and a mango and then it's back to work.

Diane Sue
- Glad to see you back! I don't know how you handle your dh leaving for so long. I'm sure it's tough on you. I'm glad you got to spend alot of time with him before he left.:)

Flexit- Rob is doing good, but we can't get him to eat on his own yet. Any suggestions? He still waits for us to hold the worm with the tweezers and place it oh-so-perfect in his mouth. We've put the worms and some berries in a little bowl but he just doesn't get it. I thought he'd be more independent by now. I WANT to free him (I'm sick of the poop too)! We figure he is going on 4 weeks old now. I'd let him just run around the yard and learn from the other birds, but we have TONS of stray cats around here. I want to give him the best chance at life, ya know?

Last edited:
Deb - yes, I have one close male friend at work. The one that I've mentioned that's into fitness and we have a lot in common and he has a really nice personality. Don't want to go into too much detail on a public forum.....if you get my drift! Also, I've gotten numerous compliments from male coworkers about how good I look for my age and I'm a very outgoing/friendly person.....so I also am friendly with most of the Salesman there since I take messages for them all day long and most of them are males.

Ally - I have Jackie Warner's One on One DVD......where did you get Bootcamp? I want it ...I want it!!!!

Thanks for all of the well wishes. I'm just praying for the strength to get thru whatever will happen in the future.........

Lora - It was in this months (or last months) Fitness RX for Women. She is on the cover.

How do you like the one on one video? Let me know ok?

Good luck with everything you are dealing with now.

I was away for the weekend.. by the looks of things you all had pretty good workouts :)

Today I did legs.. shaved a few things off my usual routine to replace with extra sets (and try not to overdo it)

Squats 5 X 6
Plies 5 X 6
Hack Squats 5 X 6
Lying HS Curls 5 X 6
Deadlifts X 5 - I actually tried to see if I could do a fairly heavy weight with the rack.. not bad but I think my form is off on these.. I want to feel them in my HS and Glutes, not my BACK! I did a few low-end pulses on a couple sets of these..

Not bad.. any ideas for harder glutes, stronger HS and inner thighs???

FitnessFreak - do you role with Cathe with the pyramids or do you take longer breaks??

Lora, have you two tried counseling? maybe that would help. If he wants the marriage to work, verbally abusive is not going to help, to say the least. It sounds like there are some destructive patterns.

Tonight's way too late workout was Pyramid Upper Body.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.