Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues April 22

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning workout was a bit short, as I overslept a bit. I did Katina Hunter's Vertical Step party. Workout was 44" and I burned 390 calories. This was a decent steady state step workout. My HR hovered around 80% of max. I thought this was easier to follow than it turned out. I was always on the wrong foot and wrong side of the step...but it was okay anyway! I'm not too perfect with that stuff.....just need to workout!

Yesterday's workout turned out to be a hit with my muscles. I'm feeling some soreness in my core, sides and different places in my body. Therefore, I'll probably try this circuit again and perhaps play around and try a couple of her other circuits. It wasn't the most fun workout yesterday....cuz it seemed hard and long! Maybe I just missed the visual stimulation? Even my inner thighs and lower abs are sore and that's not easy to accomplish!

I really need to get a grip on my eating. I feel so fat and bloated. This job is killing my diet. All day, I do good....just eat breakfast and lunch and then when I come home from work, I'm starving (since I can't eat snacks at work or drink water) and I eat too big of a dinner late at night. My portion size is out of control...as I've been eating larger meals cuz I worry about getting too hungry since I'm not allowed to eat snacks or drink water at work. Also, need to try to get to bed earlier! This 4-5 hours is not cutting it.

Have great workouts everyone.

Dallys - the more i feel how sore my core, etc are.....I'm thinking you might want to try Valerie's Action Hero Circuit from her Blog. Check it out. It seems very effective! I'm gonna have to write to her and bug her for a DVD!!

Here's my workout I did last night.

2 minute rest between each set

Chest
Flat Dumbell Fly:
15# - 12
20# - 12/12/12

Bench Press:
45# - 15
75# - 12/8
65# - 10

Incline Dumbbell Press:
20# - 12/12/12/12

Back
Overhand Pullups:
10/6/5
All Assited

Pullovers:
25# - 12/12/12

One Arm Rows:
15# - 12
20# - 12/12

This is all. Killer workout! Felt really good. Didn't do the Decline DB flys, or the Wide Grip Barbell Rows, my arms were fried after doing all the other!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Doing Chest/Back/Abs today. Didn't do it yesterday, but I did the cardio...I was just feeling drag dogged down tired and had a migraine too for most of the day.

Sandy,

Great job!!!!

Lora,

At least your making money. Dh keeps telling me I need to find something cuz he still worries about losing his job since people are getting cut left and right. I will go and apply so more this week, if I get a chance, but I am not optimistic as there is not much here.
Hang in there. Can you take protein bars in with you...stick in your purse and eat somewhere in private, etc. I would. I even took my band to work once and did firewalkers in the restroom cuz I ran out of time and as soon as I got to work..finished!!! lol

This morning I did Cardio Coach #2 revised and then I did challenge 3 from Cardio Coach #3. Had a pretty good workout. I love how early it gets light outside now.

After that I did Step, Jump & Pump abs.

[font color=indigo]Cardio only stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]50 minutes
42 minutes in zone
305 calories burned
2.8 miles travelled
[/font]

Be back for personals later when I get time...

Good Morning,:)

Yesterday, I had the most awesome walk;) I power walked 5 miles. I wasn’t able to get up this morning I slept like a newborn, when I got back from my walk, I took my bath and 2 sleeping pills and I was in the zone.

Tonight I will be doing a total body workout, I’m thinking either MM or ME, haven’t done either of these workouts in a long time. Have a great day everyone.

Nice workouts everyone!:)

Morning Maniacs,

Developed a burning pain in my left shin yesterday so was worried about doing cardio today. So I stayed away from the CCs and did LIC timesaver cardio premix followed by LIS cardio only, skipping the warmup. I thought it best to also avoid high impact. Leg came through workout okay, but still a little sore, but now I have a back muscle that is all cramped up.

Sandy Those are some nice workouts you are doing. What rotation are you following now?

Have a great day!

Linda

Good Morning. I just finished the cardio portion of my workout. I did Amy Bento's Step Challenge 2 repeating the power ups. Having a protein shake with half scoop protein powder. In a little while I am going to go back and do Slow&Heavy Chest, Shoulders, and Calves. I am still having some low back spasms from the yard work. I think I may have aggravated it by helping carry some rock last night. Dh got some rock borders and we took out the old stuff and stacked it. Anyway I am still hoping to get S&H legs and back in this week.

I bought some Muscle Milk Protein powder at Target yesterday because I didn't want to go to another store. I noticed that the newer container says new lower fat reduced calorie formula. I compared it with the older one that was still sitting on the shelf. Funny thing is the scoop size is smaller LOL I was reading the gms per scoop. So it is really the same stuff.

Charlotte, LOL at you taking the tubing to work to finish. Now that is true dedication!!

Lora, maybe you could try to find more calorie dense food for breakfast and carry something in the car for a snack on the way home so you won't feel the need for a large dinner. Or do a Charlotte thing and eat a protein bar in the restroom. Do they allow restroom breaks??

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

MOrning Maniacs! This morning will be Jillians Shred Level 2 (loving these!). Then later today will be a bike ride. Weather will be nice today, but turn cold tomorrow.

Lora- Thanks! I'll head over to her site and check it out. Maybe I'll have time this weekend to try it. I've never tried the gliders or paper plates. Should be interesting. Also, wondering why the no water at work? Is it because you can't get a bathroom break when you need it? That would be tough. Maybe a snack on the way home from work will curb your appetite for dinner.

Sandy- Great workout!

Char- Enjoy your workout today! Did you sanitize your band after the bathroom workout! LOL!

Debbie- Great job on the CC's.

Teddy- Nice walk you did! I need to start that up again. It's so good for the mind, let alone the bod.

Linda- hope the shin is ok. Smart to do low impact for awhile.

Diane Sue- hope you back is ok. Yard work always messes me up in the beginning. All the bending and lifting awkward things.

Later... gotta get that workout in!!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Linda - Went back a few to catch up. It sounds to me like you are overtraining. Your body seems to be retaliating against you. Be careful. When this 8 weeks is up I recommend taking an entire week off. These rotations are brutal and you need to get some recovery time. Great workout today, though!

Sandy - I did see that you are doing the rotation I'm doing. Great job!

Morning maniacs!

Great workouts everyone.

Sandy, you are hitting it hard! Way to go!

Debbie, good workout as usual!

Teddy - I wish I could have gone a walk yesterday - the weather is so nice here. that sounds awesome!

I was up all night with and upset stomach, so I took the morning off. I am supposed to do the boot camp class this evening and as long as I am feeling ok will do it. I am thinking about vacation constantly. Can't wait to go.

Have a great day everyone! Hopefully I will have more workout news to post tomorrow.

Oh! BTW - my new HR monitor that calculates calories is shipped. That is very exciting.

It's me, the rare checker, here to steal ideas for workouts. :)

I ran 4 miles today, and did four "pick ups" to challenge the legs. Legs are feeling really strong from a winter's worth of strong lifting. My running has been great since I started up again in earnest this last week. Yesterday was Turbo Jam 30 minute turbo workout in am (I overslept so had no time) and then with trainer for a heavy upper body workout in afternoon.

Here was yesterday's killer exercise - mountain climbers. You balance yourself in plank with hands on a med ball then start "climbing". Left leg lunge forward then right until you are kind of running in that plank. It has taken me months to master this; I go for about 2 minutes and we do that twice. Works everything - core, shoulders, back. Big ouch. Then do bicep curls with 20s standing on one leg - 8 reps right leg up, 8 reps left leg up. Feeling the pain yet? I am. But in a good way.

Enjoy everyone.

Julie
Fit Over 40

I finished up my workout. S&H chest,shoulders,and calves. If low back still bothers I will try changing it up for legs and back.
Yesterday macros were not bad. To few calories but I was not that hungry after the weekend.
1454.2 calories; 47% pro; 33% carb; 20% fat
166.5 gm pro; 115.6gm carb; 32.3gm fat
todays weights were
front raise dumbbells 1/8 10#; 2/8 12#
dumbell side laterals 3/8 15#
dumbbell posterior delt raise 3/8 10#
dumbbell overhead press 1/8 25# dropped to 20 last 2 reps; 1/8 20#
lying rotator cuff 8# dumbbell all sets 8 reps
bench press dumbbells 1/8 35#; 2/8 32.5#
dumbbell flys 3/8 25#
dumbbell incline press 1/8 30#; 2/8 27.5#
dumbbell incline flys 3/8 25#
pushups 1/8
calves 4/25 35# dumbbells
finished with Amy Bento's 10minute solution stretch segment

Debbie, I keep meaning to ask you how you liked The Clean Eating Cookbook. I hate to order it and find I will not use it. Is it a lot of recipes from the magazines?? I would like to have the new magazine recipes all in one book and get rid of all of these spare magazines.

Diane Sue - Don't waste you money. I've only tried two recipes and they were good, but the rest are really high in carbs. I really can't figure out why someone can't put out a low carb healthy cookbook. Makes me so mad!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. flaxseed
M3: Chicken breast & salsa; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: 1/2 c. cottage cheese & vanilla yogurt mixed together
M5: Potato crusted cod; 1 tbsp. raw almonds; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1542.5 calories
58 g. fat - 34%
157 g. protein - 41%
102 g. carbs - 27%
[/font]

Tuesday
M1: 3 egg white 1 whole egg w/1/2 of grits
M2: 2 hebrew national ff hotdogs w/HD bun w/1/4c green beans
M3: McDonald’s ice-cream cone (couldn’t heeeeeelppppppp it)}( }( }(
M4: 4 meat balls w/greens and 1/3 c mac and cheese (glad that’s all out the house)
M5: yogurt w/2Tbsp of flax seed (after my workout)

Have a wonderful evening all :)

Diane: Nice work!

Diane Sue, Dallys & Toasty - re: eating and work. I can't take a protein bar in the bathroom to eat cuz they are so anal that they told me I already take too long in the bathroom just to go and wash my hands! The reason I can't drink water is cuz they don't like me in the bathroom and also, the Office Manager scolded me for running back to fill my water bottle constantly! She said it makes her mad. The place is ridiculous...but it's a job! I will try bringing an apple to eat on the way home from work. I've done that a few times before....but sometimes it just makes me hungrier. I also tend to feel famished around 8:00 pm every night and I cannot fall asleep if I'm starving. It's sort of become a habit. Right now, I'm PMSing....so it's really bad. I get REALLY hungry during PMS. To make matters worse......one of my coworkers bought a big jar of candy (carmamel creams/bit-o-honey, etc) and I've been so good since kicking my "sugar habit" over the Summer....but the last 2 days, I had 3-4 pieces of candy. I wish it weren't there cuz y'all know me and my sweet tooth.

Ally - the painful push-a-way is like this. Begin in Plank position with gliding discs or paper plates under your hands. Slowly move your hands out to the front as far as you can and hold for a few seconds and then walk your toes in to come back to regular plank position. Each time you do this, it's one rep. I can't believe how much my core is feeling it from these exercises! It's impossible for me to get sore abs even doing weighted work. This was all body weight! Amazing. I'll probably do this again tomorrow. I lifted heavier than she suggests on her Blog though.

Great workouts everyone. Off to eat my dinner........wish me luck with the pig out control.

Lora - thank you so much for the plank push away instructions. Those do sound hard.

I have to ask, where do you work where they complain that you go the bathroom? Are you not allowed to eat at your desk?

I usually try to have an apple and V8 - that tieds me over for a while. Don't know what it is about the V8 but it feels me up. I also drink one before we eat pizza cuz it keeps me from pigging out on the pizza.

I am sorry your work environment is so militant. That almost sounds like it is a violation of OSHA or something.

I will be thinking of you. Take care.

Hey Maniacs!

Today was Amy Bento's Slo Mo Chest, Bi's and Tri's split. I also tacked on the core work at the end. I will be SO GLAD not to being doing weight work tomorrow.

Lora-Sounds like you definitely need more sleep and a job with rules that aren't so mean!

Sandy-Awesome workout! You should be really proud of yourself:)

Char- OMG! I totally forgot abut the firewalkers in the bathroom lol

Linda and Diane Sue- Hope your backs feels better!

Great workouts everyone!

Coni

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.