HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS TUES 3/9

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM Ladies-

So the doctor thinks it was just a long lasting virus.....I had a little episode last night, but I think it's because my stomach is very fragile at the moment. I worked out by doing TRAVEL FIT and it was suprisingly deceptive. I broke my band on the outer thigh work though :eek: Today I will do some sort of circuit work which my body seems to respond very well. Hope everyone has a great workout.

Hermia-that did sound like the right amount of exercise :D

Theresa

Last edited:
Theresa- Stronger than you thought, breaking your band and all.:D Glad to hear that is nothing more than a virus.

This morning I did Cathe's Basic Step. Made me want to laugh...I have gone from Insanity to barely being able to get through Basic Step.:eek:

Last edited:
Heard back on the job - didn't get it. Seems every door I knock on lately gets slammed in my face.

Now I have to start all over again. I'm seriously sick of this!

Don't want to be a bummer so I will just go and read up on what you all have been doing. Hope you all have a great workout!

Linda-I hope you feel better soon, and I imagine Basic Step was quite painful.

Debbie-I'm so sorry to hear that :( I cannot even imagine how frustrated you are, but I will keep praying for the right thing to come along for you. Keep your chin up

Theresa

My workout is done. I need to go see if I can find some sort of ball to try fluidity. I sat on the floor with my 5# ball between my feet and could hardly lift it:eek: Maybe it was because I had already worked my abs well. Also want to pick up a new shaker cup that doesn't dribble my shakes down the front of me.
Workout was SC HiiT 40/20 29 min 230 calories Max HR was 170, then I did SC Cardio Core Circuit express premix 34 min and burned 274 calories Max HR was 163, next I did P90X abs/core + adding some weights to a few more moves(weights ranged between 8 and 12 #) 20 min 145calories, I then did 2 sets of 10 hanging pelvic tilts with a 10 # med ball, Bowflex kneeling crunch 50 reps using the lat tower and 100# resistance, Bowflex seated resisted crunch 50# resistance in each hand 50 reps, seated resisted oblique twists 50# 50 reps right then 50 reps left 15 min total 40 calories, I finished off with Tony's One on One Patience is a Hummingbird yoga 34 min and burned 105 calories. Total calories burned was 794 workout was 2 hr 6 min..

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about the job. I am sure you are terribly disappointed. How is the rest going?

Linda, you know you will get your strength back eventually. Some of those injuries can take an incredibly long time to mend. At least you are able to do something.

Theresa, circuit work does well for me but I have to change it up after awhile or I am just stuck doing the same weights with no results. They are a good in between regular weight rotations for me. I will probably use them the last week before vacation since it is a quick way to get everything in without spending as much time and it leans me out

This morning I did Amy's In the Ring - workout was 67" and I burned 580 calories. I also did the Running Segment from Jill Miller's Post Athletic stretch and about 5 minutes of the So Darshan Chakra Kriya. I thnk this stress is REALLY taking a toll on me. I struggled with my workout again and my body is... feeling beat. Legs, back, shoulders, etc.....yikes. I'm off today and tomorrow and I don't really want to take a rest day on my day off....so not sure what I'm gonna do tomorrow. To add to my stress, my DH's place of employment is filing bankruptcy today or tomorrow. He is the bread winner in the family...of course. I need to try and calm down. Going to get my hair cut this afternoon and then to dinner.

Deb - sorry about the job. Perhaps it just wasn't the right one. Hang in there. Don't give up.

Theresa - glad to hear it was just a virus and not more serious. Hope you are feeling better still.

Debbie - I am so sorry that you didn't get the job. It has to be a tough market right now with a lot of competition. I will keep you my prayers that the right job comes along for you.

DianeSue
- Fortunately it is not an injury side lining me right now just this stupid cold.

Hey everyone.

Theresa, when you say Travel Fit is surprisingly deceptive, do you mean it's harder than you thought it would be? That was one I was thinking of getting, too...my bday is coming up, so that makes me feel justified for a treat, but I know once I do taxes and doubtless owe the govt, I'll feel less justified. =(

Debbie, sorry about the job. I know how frustrating that is. My field is very tough right now, too (higher education, specifically at the community college level). I think it would be tougher if I were looking for a university job, but as it is, every job I apply for, and there aren't many, has over a hundred other applicants. I know it can get very frustrating to go through the whole cursed process again and again with seemingly no positive result.

I haven't worked out yet. Need to grade more, first.

Hermia-Yes it was harder than I thought, but not the hardest DVD ever. It is good for days when you want to do something but don't want to really get the crap beat out of you. Plus the band makes things burn like a mutha'. Hope this helps.

And I hear you on owing the government.....bastards.

Theresa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.