Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday, Dec. 13th

This morning was cardio and I was going to send out this HUGE rant about my HRM but I will spare you all the details. I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about it. Suffice it to say, my dh came into my workout room when he heard me spooing profanities and said that I was going to give myself a heart attack while doing cardio because I'm stressing so much over this stupid thing. He's right. I have decided to save my money, maybe sell some stuff on ebay, and get myself a new one after the New Year. One more time. If that one gives me the same crap, then I give up. I'd really like to get another Imara. I loved the one I had and it was quite accurate until the insides of it got wet. We'll see. The Polar F11 is another consideration as well.

Anyways, I did Cardio Coach #3 and had a great workout despite the profanities. Did very well with all the challenges.

[font size=4][font color=indigo]Cardio Stats:[/font color][/font size]
[font color=blue]35 min.
25 min. in zone
161 calories burned (treadmill said 220)
2.14 miles travelled.
[/font]

Hope you all have a great - stressless workout! LOL!

Morning Maniacs -

I'm off today cuz there is only minimal staff in the office today and I have a doctor's appt. later.

I did Barry's Bootcamp Treadmill for 20" (breaking in slowly post stress fracture) and then I did 50" of Tae Bo Amped while rockin' out to Papa Roach's Paramour Sessions. Had a great workout and burned 681 calories in 71". I also did the Pilates Sculpt and stretch off of Big Weight Loss from Prevention 15" and then I did Shiva Rea's Radiant Heart 25" and Ravi & Ana's Digestible You off of Quick Fixes 10". My stomach has been hurting very badly over the last few days. I think it's stress and my IBS.

Have great workouts everyone. I have a busy day planned....need to make perfume samples and work on that today, as well as various other things that need done around here.

Deb - I totally understand how important it is to have a proper functioning HRM. I'm lost without mine. You don't think you'd like the Mio Ultimate? I've never had any problems with any of my Mio's except for them eventually dying. www.gophysical.com. The Ultimate one has the chest strap or you can take your HR from the 2 buttons on the watch also.

Toasty - did you ever pick up a copy of Papa Roach's Paramour Sessions? If not, you must get it for X-mas.....it's da BOMB.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Doing my leg weighted work today. Daughter home and got to yacking too much. Yeah, I know...:p

Snowstorm is coming this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!

Debbie,

I feel your pain. I am the EXACT same way with tv, vcr and dvd players as I have been trying to get one dvd to work with our most recent new tv in the basement, but it is missing one crucial hookup so I had to go upstairs and grab my dd's tv. I was cussing all the way.

Lora,

Did you send out the package yet? Looking forward to it. I got the other Papa Roach cd...the one with "getting away with murder" on it.

Charlotte - yes, it went out. Paramour Sessions is a much better CD than Getting Away With Murder, but I like Getting Away with Murder too.

Good morning!

Getting ready to do a total body workout - either the old Bootcamp or Power Hour. I'll probably decide when I get to the basement. I just went down and checked the temp and it was 57.9. Better than the 55 it was when I work out before work at 6am. :) A couple hours of having the heat on in the morning makes a diff.

Lora - Are you liking your job? Do you think it's a keeper? That's nice that you get to be off today and you can get some things done.

Debbie - I'm sorry about your HR monitor. I live by my HR monitor and my bike computer. Sometimes I'll get out on a ride and forget to reset my computer from my last ride and I won't notice it until I'm halfway out (b/c I don't start checking my avg. speed or mileage until about that point) and I just can't even TELL you how p'od that makes me. Because I'm so obsessed about my speed, DH has threatened many, many times to pull my computer off my bike. I just don't think I could go on living. What's the point? :p

Char - A snowstorm finally? Yay for you!!! We're supposed to get more on Friday. But it looks like Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are supposed to be in the 40's which would be nice b/c I REALLY would like to go to Denver and get my hair cut if she can fit me in. It's been since August. Ouidad, the curly hair expert, only recommends cutting curly hair every 4 months. :) And it needs it!

Off to the basement...

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good morning ladies! Nice workouts everyone :)

It is raining like cats and dogs here today. Back in the spring and summer we didn't get any, so we're getting "inventory" rain now, lol

Good Morning Maniacs,

This morning was cardio and I did IMAX 2 and C&W abs. The cold is finally gone and this workout felt good!

Lora- I can't believe how long you workout for! I like to be done in an hour! I also feel your pain with the IBS, I suffer too. My gut was horrible last night!

Debbie - Sorry to hear about your heart rate monitor. Sounds completely frustrating. Can I ask why you use one? I bought one years ago used it for a little while then stopped. When I came across it the other day it doesn't work, battery is probably dead. Are they a good thing to use? If yes should I fix mine or buy a new one? I mean have they changed a lot in say seven years?

Suz - at -7 you find me going outside for anything let alone to get into or out of the hot tub!

Have a great day!

Linda

Suz - thanks for asking about my job. I haven't been talking about it cuz I don't want to be a chronic complainer, and I am just happy to finally have a job. That being said, however, I'm not sure if this is the job for me. First of all, the vacation time sucks big time...only one week for the first 10 years (and I only have 15 more years or so to work) and the pay is measly $8.75 and the workload and job responsibilities are immense. I am learning not only the front desk, but billing, charging, write off's, insurance investigation and much more. The software is different than what I'm used to, so right now it's a lot of learning and I'm not sure I'm going to ever be good enough at it. I worked the front desk yesterday and we didn't get out of there until 5:30 pm. It was so busy and I was too slow to keep up and the office manager was making sure I knew I need to get faster (which I'm already WELL AWARE of). It really was only my first full day up front and I've only spent a couple hours here or there at the front desk prior. I'm not sure how to take the Office Manager either. She's very militant and because it's her husband's practice.....she is very much of a perfectionist and expects so much from her employees. All of this with the low pay and lousy vacation time makes it sort of a bummer. I hope I start getting faster and better ...but I still have SO much more to learn. Everyone there has been there 10-20 years, so they really know their jobs and that discourages me even more. Are you sorry you asked??? (plus...I can't drink water...cuz you can't go to the restroom and I starve cuz I can't eat.....not that I can't to afford to loose a few pounds...but it's not good for you either).

Linda - how long have you had IBS? I've had it since I was around 14 or 15 and it used to be so severe that I used to get to the point that my intestines would actually spasm or knot up and I had to get a special medicine and soak in the tub. I've pretty much learned the diet restrictions over the years but you can't help the stress, ya know? Is your stomach ever flat? Mine's always bloated cuz of my IBS ...even with taking gas pills and my IBS med, etc. It's annoying.

Meant to mention that I found the most wonderful mints........Altoids...chocolate dipped cinnamon...they are excellent. I'm addicted already.

Lora- I have suffered since my early twenties, which with all the pain and bloating seems like forever! Yes, I know the pain you are talking about, I've had times that I just wanted to wake my husband up in the middle of the night to take me to the hospital just because I just wanted someone to take the pain away! I knew they probably couldn't, but at the time I just wanted it to stop. I have been a bawling mess of self pity at times!
Six years ago I quit work to have my DS and without the stress things were better for a long time, now since the birth of DD three years ago things have been tough once again. I find I really have to watch what I eat, when I eat it and how much. Yes, I also walk around with the bloated stomach which is completely annoying when you've work so hard to have a flat stomach!! I pop gas pills like they're m&m's some days!

Hope you have a good day! Doesn't sound like your job is helping you any in the stress area!! So sorry for you!

Linda

Linda - were you ever checked for an ulcer either? I'm wondering if my ulcer is coming back. I had one in my 30's....from taking too many Motrin 800 mgs due to endometriosis pain and burned my stomach out. My stomach has been feeling like someone kicked me in it and gets worse when I'm hungry too......so I'm wondering if I have a combo Ulcer/IBS going on........yes, stress is really no good. Hopefully, I'll learn my job soon and get better and it will get less stressful. I tend to be a hyper sensitive person, so these big "life changes" really upset my entire system....mentally, physically, etc......thus the reason for the LONG workout on my day off. It helps the stress, depression, etc! At least I work for a colon and rectal surgeon now....so an appointment is just a couple clicks and steps away!! LOL.

[font color=red]FROM YESTERDAY'S POSTS:[/font]

Linda - Coffee is da bomb and I'm glad I started drinking it again! :) Thanks for your kind words about my avatar and the rotation. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Suz - Yes, I've noticed a difference. However, I still feel hungry in between my meals. Not sure why?

Sandy - Thanks for your kind words as well. You are all making my head swell up! LOL!

[font color=red]FROM TODAY'S POSTS:[/font]

Lora - Thanks for the link, I will definitely check it out! Great workout this morning.

Char - I REALLY HATE IT when stuff doesn't work. I mean, those damn HRM are not cheap. I've had three in the last three years and each one has given me grief. I'm sick of it!!!

Suz - You and I are alike when it comes to HRM. I am so anal about numbers.

Penney - We are getting TONS of rain too! Why can't we just have a normal winter with snow? Is that too much to ask?

Linda - I am addicted to my HRM. I really need it to see where I'm at with the Cardio Coach workouts because you strive to hit certain levels and zones.

Dallys - Great job on the cardio!! Is that a fun workout?

Charlotte,

Does that mean we'll be doing the same type let work tongiht or this afternoon???

I emailed you last night did you get it?

I'm ready to do a killer leg work out!
I hope we get snow so bad! The weather is going to be high 60's today and tomorrow, and by the weekend it's going to get cold and we're looking at same major rain coming in, which we need badly!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Just finished Power Hour. Since I haven't worked legs in awhile and I kept the weights the same as I always do on that workout my legs were SHAKING from the beginning. I should have great DOMS. My bi's were burning too. We'll see what tomorrow brings. And no cardio. Aren't you all proud? :)

Lora - Wow, I didn't realize the pay was so low. That sucks! And only one week of vacation for the first 10 years. Way to thank your employees! I can't believe that. Are you going to keep your eyes open for other things? I can't believe those other people have stayed so long. Is it just because the job market there is so bad?

Debbie - I wonder if it's because you have so much muscle that your body is just not getting quite enough fuel? Luckily I have a second HR monitor strap b/c one of mine died yesterday and I had to use the one I use for outside cycling. I'm just completely lost if I don't know what my HR is. I mean, I know how hard I'm working by my "perceived" HR and all, but I want to know FOR SURE. Drives me NUTS!!!

Dallys - Yet another reason I'm happy I QUIT P90X - no doubling up on workouts when I get behind. :p Tony's gonna come and getcha! I'm just kidding. I'm not happy I quit. I do love P90X. I'm just trying to make myself feel better for being a QUITTER!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Sandy,

Yes, I got your email and messaged you back. I am doing my leg work after lunch. I already previewed it and I believe I will be sweating some. lol.

Charlotte, You are a trip! Love you as a dancing Elf! I've got one at my home email, at work we don't have sound unless we have headphones.
That was really cute.
So, you're doing legs from 4DS kickbox, I did that last week too but not in the same day, after doing the kickbox, my legs can't handle anything else. I'm still hurting from the total body I did Tuesday night. I'm looking forward to working legs tonight! Let me know your poundage! Don't laugh when I tell you mine afterwards! It's a great leg workout I think!

Okay back to work!

Hope you all have a great day!

Just taking a real short break for a much needed Diet Pepsi and catch up on reading the thread!

Char- ROFLMAO! You are quite the little dancer there!

Debbie- Kenpo X is really fun! It's kind of a medium intensity workout. I much prefer Tony's kickboxing to Cathes for some reason.

Suz- You still have time to jump in with me on the P90X rotation!:p

Gotta get back to work... be back later.:)

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

O.k., I am bowing down now..thank you very much! Now I got to go workout.

Lora,

I wanted to thank you for the package. Thanks so much for the extra's. That was very sweet of you. Now I have a posset perfume too. That is cool. I was wondering if you selected certain ones for my personality...depraved? hehe Swelling with apricot and black patchouli. WOW!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.