Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday Aug 14

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Strike Zone while listening to Buckcherry. Workout was 49" and I burned 502 calories. I overslept a bit cuz I've not been able to sleep the last few nights.

Have great workouts everyone.

Dallys - I've only done one of Dove's workouts so far. I can't get motivated to do them, as I didn't really like the one I did too much. I did Volume 1....but I've heard 3 and 4 are the good ones. They are a bit over an hour long and it usually takes me 10" longer to do a DVD....so I've been dreading them. They don't have an immense "fun" factor for me. I will eventually try them.........sorry I've been no help. Not really in the mood to try a new workout I'm not sure I'll like cuz of all of the emotional chaos in my life right now. I've been sticking with workouts I know I really like. I don't want to have a bad workout feeling this emotional.

Last edited:
LAST WORKOUT FOR A WEEK! WOO HOO!!!

Had a pretty decent workout this morning. Did Pyramid Lower Body. This workout really gets your HR up. I didn't take breaks during the exercises but took longer then Cathe does between the different exercises.

Leg Press (Step ups) - used dumbbells:
15's - 12
20's - 10
25's - 8
20's - 10
15's 12
***I've decided that I hate this exercise!

Static Lunges (barbell):
65# - 12
75# - 10
85# - 8
75# - 10
65# - 8

Barbell Squats ss w/Wide Stance Squats (Plies):
65# - 12
75# - 10
85# - 8
75# - 10
65# - 12

Elevated Deadlifts:
35# - 12
45# - 10
55# - 8
45# - 10
35# - 12
***Low back got really tight during these. I had to stop and stretch during this cycle.

Calf Raises

Skipped the floor work. I just didn't have time or the energy to do it. Looking forward to my week off and I'll have to figure out what I want to do when I get back to it.

Good Morning,

I was all over the places had to take time to format:D

Since the cool nights, I’ve been sleeping better, only waking twice and that’s good for me. Anywho, this morning, I started with 4DS and then hopped on me treadie for a little cardio:

Back Chest & Shoulders
Superman’s
DB One Arm Row (warm-up) 1x10
DB One Arm Row 1x20
Push –ups
DB One Arm Row 1x20
Push –ups
Round 2:
BB Underhand Row (2 sets of 7) 2x50
DB Incline Chest Flyes (2 sets of 12) 2x20
BB Underhand Row (2 sets of 7) 2x50
DB Incline Chest Flyes (2 sets of 12) 2x20
Round 3:
DB One Arm Row (Wide flye, 1 set of 12) 1x20
Decline Chest Push up (1 set)
Round 4:
DB Incline Pullover 1x15
DB Chest Incline Press 1x20
Round 4
DB Incline Pullover 1x15
DB Chest Incline Press 1x20
(instead of doing round 5, I repeated round 4)
Shoulders:
Round 1: Pyramid up
Seated Overhead Press 10/15/10/15
Round 2: Super Sets
DB Seated Isolation Press 1x10
Upright rows 1x10
Round 3: Triple Play
DB Standing Lateral Raise 1x10
DB Bent Arm Lateral Raise 1x10
Round 4:
DB Seated Front Rear Raises 2x5
DB Rea Isolation Flyes 2x5

This was pretty cool, the first 18 minutes I listen to Mary J. Blige then switched to CC# 8 and did challenge 2, which was the two 8 min challenges. I got a pretty good sweat

Cardio Stats:
37:13 Time
2:86 miles travelled
289 calories burned

Then I went back to finish shoulders, Tonight, going to do 4DS Tri’s & Bi’s. And call it a day:cool:

Linda - What rotation are you doing now? Nice going yesterday! Nice weights!

Teddygirl - You're an animal with the 4DS workouts! You go girl!

Lora - I pm'd you. Sent out your Avon today.

Lora: Nice workout! ;) I have got to do Strike Zone and Kimberly Spreen Absolute KB, soon! just collecting dusks.

Debbie: It seem like a lot of work, but it isn't, the entire workout is only 67 minutes, it takes me a little longer, cuz, needing them breaks:cool: But, I am loving it! Almost as much as S&H. I think it is so well rounded, I tell you, its’ crazy, this is her best work, just my opinion:eek: Anywho, your workout this morning, kicked booty. What are you going to do for a week, EAT and LIVE, LOL

Debbie: It seem like a lot of work, but it isn't, the entire workout is only 67 minutes, it takes me a little longer, cuz, needing them breaks:cool: But, I am loving it! Almost as much as S&H. I think it is so well rounded, I tell you, its’ crazy, this is her best work, just my opinion:eek: Anywho, your workout this morning, kicked booty. What are you going to do for a week, EAT and LIVE, LOL

Yep, I'm going to eat normal and live for a change! I'll regret it when I get back, but honestly, I don't care! :)

Debbie,

Great workout! Your killing me though....

Anyhow...go ahead and eat whatever you want (briefly)...as hard as you workout, it is not gonna matter. I use to be more strict a few years ago, but anymore I know what I can get away with and so I don't worry as much.

Teddygirl,

Slamming workout!! So jealous here. Cry. :(

Afternoon Crazies,
Had a crazy morning so got to the gym a little later than normal. Did circuit cardio: 20 min interval run, 20 min on EFX, 10 min on the rowing machine and 5 min on the Wave. (the wave mocks rollerblading/skiing/surfing. Fun but burns the hell outta the glutes and quads)

Hey Maniacs,

back from the grocery store! Yuck! Anyway this morning I did Amy's ASC without the power ups. I can believe that what is suppose to be a steady state cardio workout gets me huffing and puffing so much. I really have to get her other ones.

Debbie
- I hate step ups too, especially in PLB. Just too darn many of them. I am still doing the turbulence training rotation. Every four weeks the exercises get changed up. Thing I don't understand about yesterday's workout is why my chest press dropped so much. I've done 8 reps at 105# before, but right now 97 is kicking my butt. I don't know if the chins before are effecting it or perhaps I am doing fuller ROM. I'll tell ya I am sore today!

Lisa - The wave sounds like fun!

Okay, I just had to stop back and tell everyone that I just got a call from a local gym and I have an interview with them at 4 pm ( an hour from now) about a PT position. I am so nervous, I have been on a job interview in over 7 years. Nice thing is she said it is real informal! Wish me luck!

She wolf: Good luck on your interview:) how nice! Woman, just looking at your guns on picture, your in the right place babe. Don’t sweat the interview, just be your sweet self, and you will be fine. you've got it going on sister;)

Toasty: Yeah right, LOL you just concentrate on getting better, cuz woman, I luv what you do and how you do it:p

Flexit: Nice job! :D

Okay back from the interview, it went really well. The job is mine if I want it, which isn't hard for them, because I only get paid for the clients I train. The pay sucks right now, but would improve as I got clients and experience. Also the manager was really excited about my age because most of thier trainers are really young, but most of their members are my age and are looking for some one more their age to train with. Could be a great opportunity for me. If nothing else I think it may be a great learning experience and training that I get paid for, that will help me with building my own business.:D

Hey Crazies! Today was a well earned rest day! I did Slim Series Cool it Off and it was oh-so-nice to stretch out these tired muscles (although, I was itchin' to go on a bike ride, but didn't). I've been working it hard these last couple of weeks. It was that Music Festival I went to a couple of weeks ago with all those fat flabby bodies dancing around that motivated me so much, lol!:p I've decided I'll never let myself have one of those bodies...ever! Yuck!

Lisa- We finally got Rob to eat berries on his own (yeah!)...still no luck with the worms yet. His flight to freedom is getting closer! Carma is doing great by the way, thanks for asking. She is mad that I haven't been taking her on many walks lately though.:eek:

Lora
- I kind of remember you not liking the Dove workout so much. If I know you though, next time you do it you'll probably like it, lol. I know how it is to being in the right mood for certain workouts and doing ones that make us feel good. Sorry you are having troubles lately.:(

Teddy- Gosh Dang, that looks like a great workout you did. I remember thinking how great the 4DS were when I was doing them too. Maybe I'll do those next rotation.

Linda- Great going on the interview! Did you get a PT cert? Can't remember you saying.

Toasty- Don't worry girl! You'll get back to lifting soon. I'll lift some extra reps in your name, lol. Try to enjoy the break.

Debbie- Enjoy your Eat and Live week! Don't even think twice about it. You deserve it after being soooooo disciplined for soooooooo long!

Later people...Must get in shower!

Last edited:
I thought I had posted this morning. It has been such a crazy day. DD called with the results to some skin biopsies she did. I have two basil cell carcinomas:( She is going to cut the one off the side crease of my nose. I may be in hiding for awhile.
This morning I used my treadmill for 1 hr 5 min and burned 506 calories and went 4.5 miles. Then I did Amy Bento's 10 min solution tone trouble zones abs and 4 day split Kickbox abs and stretch. Still trying to get my hours sorted out since I have my grandbaby here all day and had to go pick up the grandchildren from school.

Linda, that sounds like a great opportunity with the gym job. Congratualations on getting it:)

Quick check in, I just finished 4DS Tri's and Bi's, washed a few loads and did some straighten up:eek:. I was undecided about doing the workout bc my legs butt and upper body is sore but I pushed play anyway didn't want to mess up week rotation, it felted really good. Need bath, night...night...:rolleyes:

Diane: Oh My! I hope this isn't too serious, is it? Nice workout

Diane--I hope everything will be fine with that thing you mentioned. My mother had something on her skin a couple years ago that had to be removed. It's all taken care of, but I always get on her case when she sun bathes, because sun exposure can be a problem. Is your daughter a dermatologist?

Linda--Congratulations on getting that job! Sounds like you will be able to build up clientele quickly since you fill a need/niche that they don't have with their PTs. Does the same certification work for PTs and group exercise instructors?

I'm rather sore from PLB yesterday. Today I just did half of Tracey's Core Strenght and Conditioning and one of the 20 min Yoga Zone Stretching for Flexibility segments.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.