Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday April 24

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Tae Bo - T3 Empowerment. Workout was 58" with cooldown/stretch and I burned 537 calories. I used the 1 pound hand weights for the last 20 minutes of the workout. (I'm still sore from my Action Hero Workout -- yeah!!)

This workout is supposed to be done after you do all of the other DVDs in the series, and therefore, I'm guessing this is the hardest one. The first 30 minutes of this workout were quite challenging. I actually had to dig down deep to get thru a couple of the intervals. My HR got as high as 157 and that's great for a low impact workout. After the first 30 minutes, the pace slowed down and you use the 1 lb hand weights that come with the DVDs. My HR dropped during this part. Next time, I'll probably add some intensity bouncing on the Rebounder while doing the arm movements with the weights.

A few more comments about this new series. Billy & Shelly still count the moves...but it seems to be toned down a bit. The music is half decent but I found it to be very muted. I will probably listen to my own music in the future. Billy explains a few of the moves at the beginning of each workout (but there are also a couple of instructional DVDs with this set that I've yet to watch). He does explain that a few of the "old school" Tae Bo moves have been improved and some are done slightly different. He also separates the moves into "core moves" and "cardio moves". The core moves are with your body down lower to the ground, i.e. horse stance and staying low while doing kicks etc. and cardio moves are coming up out of your legs and not working them as much during the movement.

I'm so tired this morning. I couldn't sleep the other night due to severe nightmares and last night I only got about 4.5 hours. I can't wait for the weekend! I'll probably get in trouble at work later, as I did my nails with a colour and it's green. It didn't look that dark when I tested 1 coat, but after I did them, it turned darker (and I'm not allowed to wear "different" colour nail colours to work)! OH well, I'm pissed at my boss for the way she treated me
yesterday.......so I'll be the little rebel girl today.

Deb - I sent you a PM yesterday.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Very sore from workout and struggled with sleep. My knees ached like heck and my legs still trying to thaw out. lol. LOVE IT!!!

Today I am working shoulders. Got some cleaning to do and apply for jobs. Another busy day.

Today I did my own mix of Cardio Coach workouts. I copied different challenges from different workouts and had a great time! I loved it. Had lots of energy today as well.

[fong color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]

[font color=blue]1 hour
49 minutes in zone
392 calories burned!!!!! (YAY!)
3.6 miles travelled
[/font]

If anyone is wondering which challenges, these are what I did:

Challenge #1 from CC #6 Candace
Challenge #1 from CC #4
Was suppose to be Challenge #4 from CC #6 Candace but I copied Challenge #3 on accident
Challenge #2 from CC #5

Fun stuff!!! Did steady states in between each challenge.

Thank you so much for those kind words! It really encourages me and makes me feel better about myself. I am so hard on myself especially now because I'm getting ready for my cruise:eek:
YOu guys are great! Be back for personals later
Today is cardio fusion cm abs and GS chest
Have agreat day ladies!!
Randi

Morning! Today is Shoulders and Arms and AbRipper. I will prob do Abs first. Looking foward to this WO. WEll, once I wake up a little....

Randi--your welcome lol!

Char- good luck with those job applications.

Deb--that was pretty creative. SOunds fun!

Lora-- good for you for being a little rebel lol!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

Morning,

Okay, when I got home Ted was in the bed I jumped right in, I needed to be with him since he was feeling so down about the lost of his GF man oh man, they were closes.

Anywho, after that, I did Muscle Max Ouch! I forgot how tough this workout is, I ended up taking 30 sec breaks after each exercise. Then I walked to Wal Mart”30 minutes”. I ended up with 3 grocery bags only went to get coffee, as I was walking back home a lady from my building, asked me if I’d like a ride, duh! Yes! She was right on time.

This morning, hit the treadmill and did a slow steady state run

Stats:
55 minutes jog
4.20 miles traveled
425 calories burned:

Toasty: Good luck with job search, you find something soon I’m sure!:)

Debbie: This morning, I started to do CC#7 , then changed my mind decided too do my own thing as well, Nice work!:)

Morning Maniacs,

Okay, in eight days I turn forty and my body is all of sudden litterally falling apart! WTH? So I had my shin on Monday, my back on Tuesday, my shoulder on Wednesday and now today it's my knee! Again WTH? Anyway this morning I did CC#7 workout was 64 minutes, traveled 4.12, 152 average HR and 710 calories burned.

Hope you have a better day than me!

Linda

Linda - I said something to you about this the other day but I don't think you read it. You could be overtraining right now. When you are done with this rotation I think you should take the entire week off. Acutally, I insist that you do that. Your body is obviously in overload right now. It needs rest. So be careful until you complete the rest of the weeks.

Linda - welcome to the over 40 club! I do have a bit of advice. The year I turned 40 - I had a really bad time with my back and my feet - plantar fascitis - (I know I misspelled this word) - my feet were so bad I could not even walk my dog. Since then, I am now 44 - soon to be 45 - I have learned a few things about myself and my limits. I know I cannot run everyday - I can only run about 2 to 3 times a week - and other limits, but as you learn those limits, you find other areas in which you never knew you had strength. So be gentle with yourself and don't sweat turning forty - you look great and are super strong!

Lora - I plan to do the action hero tomorrow and will let you know how I like it.

Today I did Amy Bento A-Team boot camp. Workout was 58 minutes and my HR got up to 85% of max during the drills. The new watch / HR monitor I got says I burned like 375 calories. I am not sure how this is calculated and need to read up on it. It is a strapless one that is made for small wrists. It also says that it can calculate your calories even if you don't measure your HR - so I am curious how accurate it is.

Anyway, have a great day everyone.

Debbie / Lora - what is a PM?

Debbie - Yes, Mom!LOL! I did read what you said the other day and I did back off the cardio and I will take a complete rest when this rotation is done. Thanks for the concern!

Ally - Thanks for the advice and the support! It's just funny how it is all happening at once!

Linda

Completed AbRipper and SHoulders and Arms. I went up in weights and reps for just about every exercise. My arms are pretty toasted. The second half I was def going to failure on everything. Good WO.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~

This morning I did 4Day Split Double cardio premix no str, then I did Step Blast segment 3 and challenge w/ stretch. Then I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme core only. The plan for today was cardio, abs, and yoga. Did not have time for everything. DH took off work today and we went to the Arts Festival. I have my new grandbaby here and her brother overnight. She slept in her stroller the whole arts festival. We had lunch there. I got a pork tenderloin sandwich which was not bad but then we got suicide sundaes. Should have seen the pile of whipped cream:O I didn't eat the brownie in the bottom. For breakfast I had a protein smoothie and half a zone bar. Dinner will have to be all protein and probably still won't make up for what I had.

Linda, take care of give those areas time to recover. My dd is always telling me it just gets worse as we get older. I don't choose to listen though. Want to defy odds and be the strong person till I am really old LOL Like a hundred.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: 4 oz. chicken breast & salsa; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: 1/2 c. Cottage Cheese & White Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt mixed together
M5: Potato Crusted Cod; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Banana Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1655 calories
53 g. fat - 29%
147 g. protein - 35%
112 g. carbs - 27%
[/font]

Here's my meals for today:

Thursday
M1: 3 Tbsp of protein ½ grapefruit
M2: 3 egg white w/1/3 c oatmeal
M3: ff yogurt w/2Tbsp of flax seed
M4: 2 ff Hebrew hot dogs & 1hot dog bun w/1/3c green beans
M5: pear w/string cheese
M6: fish and veggies

Here are my eats for the day

protein smoothie with carrot juice
apple and cheese
turkey wrap
tangerines and yogurt and cottage cheese
salad with grilled chicken
hummus with pretzel

Calories 1541

fat 49.5g 29%
cars 164.7 g 42%
protein 112g 29%

Char have you thought about being a virtual assistant? I have been reading up on it and it is becoming more popular. You would set up appointments, keep calendars, draft documents, make phone calls, but from your home and via internet.

Ally,

I will check into it. Never heard of it before. Thanks.

Well finished my workout. I also uploaded some more recent pics of me. I have put on the few pounds so you tell me..fat or muscle. I dunno.

Anyhoo, I had a harder time with the shoulder workout towards the end. I AM TRYING THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOSH!

1 min rest
Shoulders
Lateral Raise:
10's for warm up and 15x's
15# - 12/12/12

Arnold Press:
20# - 12/12/9
Towards the end was like I was frying bacon inside the delts

BB Overhead Press
60# 3 sets 10/6/7 (really went too heavy to keep up with higher reps, but it burned)

Leaning Lateral Raises:
8# - 12/12/12
This was tricky cuz when resting fried arm against wall..burned so bad was hard to lean against wall.

Lying REar Lateral Raise:
I started with 15's and was sloppy. Went to 12's and was challenging enough and did 3 sets/12

Did not work traps.

Meal 1: Kelloggs Protein Plus cereal and apple with natural pb
Meal 2: 3 jumbo eggs and yogurt
Meal 3: Chicken sandwich on lite wheat bread and salad
Meal 4: Protein Shake
Meal 5: Lean Hamburgers with small salad (for some reason when I have a salad with meat now in evening, it is keeping my weight down and when I don't eat anything else with meat..weight goes up..at least for me, I am noticing this.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.