Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Sept 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I overslept a few minutes this morning and had a hard time waking up. Didn't feel like working out, but I did Cycle All-Terrain with Brook Hayward for 50" and burned 348 calories.

Have great workouts.

Diane Sue - are you still liking your Mizuno shoes?? I'm wondering if I should get a pair for my birthday? We usually buy new athletic shoes at Christmas time.....and there are other things I need ....so I don't know if I'll get them just yet. Unless, of course, you think they are miracle shoes......then I'll have to have them soon!! LOL. I love ordering all of the limited editions from Lush at Christmas time and when the box comes, it's always so much fun sniffing everything. They make lots of nice products, but it sometimes takes a while to find all of your favorites and a lot of my favorites have been discontinued. I don't know why companies do that. What did you think of that rotation in the M&F for Hers? Didn't you think it looked good? I was thinking about doing it....but I didn't really look at it very good yet.

GoodMorning Maniacs!!!

Oh these nails. I dropped change on the floor last night at work and had a hard time gathering. Pretty though. Hubby and I dug up the septic area at FIL's old place as it needs to be open for the guys to pump it out for new owners. We were digging in the dark at 9pm. So I get there right after work. lol. Never slows down. Today I am off..THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ClLLEEAAANNNIIIINN NNGGGG. Working arms with girl at work today.

Good Morning, today I started my workout with Kimberly Spreens Absolute Kickbox stopping at the abs. I will come back and do a total body weight workout after I take my granddaughters to school.

Lora, I like my shoes really well so far. After I had done the Pit workout I felt like my pf was starting to come back and then I noticed the bunion worsening and that is why I ordered new shoes. I know I don't replace them as often as recommended. It would probably be worth it in the long run, but athletic shoes are expensive. Since I had been wearing the Saucony brand for the last 3 years and seem to be developing foot problems I decided to research and make a change. Hopefully this will be what I need. As far as that M&F Hers rotation I think it looks good and may use it. It says two days but you can do it 4 if you allow rest between workouts. I think I would do it twice and do a different total body workout during the week. The reason for this is I don't think I would rely on just the bag work for my arm strength.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning I did Cardio Coach #4 - the DREAD FACTOR workout and I pretty much had a puke status workout. This one gets me every time but I'm really starting to like it. My HR got up to 170 bpm at one point and my max HR is 176. That's when I felt like puking.

Then I did the Ab work from Kick, Punch & Crunch. I LOVE that ab workout. The inverted planks on the stability ball are killers!

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats only:[/font]
[font color=blue]45 min.
40 min. in zone
283 calories burned
2.68 miles travelled
[/font]

I'm trying to figure out if I should start back with weights on Saturday or wait until Monday. My forearm still hurts when I pick stuff up. Kind of worrying me now. I'll have to see how it feels tomorrow.

[font color=purple size=3]Morning Maniacs! No workout this morning, but will go for a bike ride later today. DH says he's getting jealous of all my bike riding this week. He's had to work late all week and hasn't ridden at all.[/font]

Debbie- I sure hope you don't have the beginnings of Tennis elbow! Having the forearm hurt while picking things up is one of the first signs. Go get a tennis elbow strap and wear it all week and don't start lifting until Monday...Just to be on the safe side. I swear, you'll be so pissed if you have it.

Diane Sue- Have fun with your workout. I went to the Lush store in Carmel Cali. If they had one here, I'd be in trouble! I just wish the soaps lasted longer.

Lora- Nice workout.

Toasty- Enjoy your day off! Those nails take some getting used too for sure.

Marcia- I watched "Marnie" last night. I like it, but like you said, It's kind of dark. Tonight will be "The man who knows to much".

Hi to everyone who follows!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hi Dallys,
Just wanted to pop on to say that I love your bike riding pictures. I could be persuaded to ride more mtn. bike if I had that kind of country to ride in. You are doing awesome and I guarantee if you get a road bike, those people won't whiz by you at all, or at least not as fast. Suz can attest too.

Hi to everyone else!

Jeanette

Jeanette- Thanks! I really am lucky to have all these georgous mountains surrounding me with these great trails. I wanted to thank you for helping me decide on going with the one-sided platform pedals. Those really helped build my confidence. Just a few weeks ago I took off the one-sided platform pedals and now I'm clipped in all the time. Didn't even notice the transition really. Makes it so much easier! Suz is really tearin' it up with her bike isn't she? You've been doing great also. You are such an inspiration for us bikers! Thanks again.:) Wish we could all ride together.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

Good morning

Char-your dress is really pretty---nails too:)

Dallys-you really do have a beautiful place to ride!

I'm doing Step blast and yoga today:D

Have a great day

Dallys - My elbow doesn't hurt at all, its just inside my forearm. The pain is almost gone but when I pick things up I feel it. I am going to wait until Monday to workout. I don't need to injure myself. Plus that will give me an entire week off from weights. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Debbie- Oddly, Tennis Elbow doesn't necessarily hurt the elbow directly. It's more of a forearm injury really. The top inside of my forearm is where I feel it. Now that I've had it for like EVER, I can push on the top bone of my elbow and it feels like a little bruise, but I didn't feel that right away. If you feel it in the back of your forearm, they call that Golfers elbow. I hope it's just like you say...slight forearm strain. Keep me posted after you start lifting again. Fingers crossed.

Hi Ladies!

I see you've all been busy. :) I've been busy at work, as usual. I'm trying to wrap things up since I'm off tomorrow to go to Women of Faith in Denver with my mom.

This morning I was going to do ME, but then I remembered I'm going to hopefully ride with DH tomorrow morning (if it's not windy) and I didn't want my legs to be tired so I hopped on my trainer this morning and rode for an hour. I wanted good, steady cardio, not whimpy but not killer. I was going to do upper body too, but decided I should clean bird cages since I'm leaving in the morning until Saturday evening. I'm gonna turn to MUSH, I swear! Can we all say osteoporosis? Maybe, just maybe I'll do upper body tonight. That sounds promising, doesn't it? :p Do y'all believe me?

Great workouts as usual everybody. Dallys, I hope you and DH have a great ride and Debbie I hope you enjoy your rest.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I had to get right to the rest of my workout and shower. Had to take my granddaughter's backpack back up to the school. I really didn't want to make that 16 mile drive 3 times today. So while I was out I picked up a couple of things. The remainder of my workout was Tracey Staehle's Sweatfest Sculpt. I used a little heavier weight and on the glute lifts I wore ankle weights. The one leg squats on the bosu I held a pair of 10# dumbbells.

Hi, all!

This morning I did Push/Pull's lower body (standing work, floor work, and calves/shins). Then I did APX's back and bis, adding the pullovers from the chest section to the back work, and finished with Low Intesity Circuit's abs and stretch.

Debbie- why the dread factor re CC4? Just curious...

Diane Sue- I think I'm gonna have to break down and buy this workout. Is this the one with the body bar section? If so, do you know what pound body bar she uses?

Lora- Sounds like you had a great workout. Good for you for doing something even though you didn't feel like it.

Toasty- Make sure you don't stab your palms with your nails while doing weight work!!

Dallys - Uh-oh. Hitchcock actually made two versions of "The Man Who Knew Too Much"; one is in black and white, the other in color. I'm assuming he wasn't particularly fond of the original (why remake a movie you're please with, right?) but I DO NOT care for the second film. I really dislike Doris Day in it (I like her, just not in that role). Sorry. Please let me know which version you watch, and what you think of it!

Randi - shower, eat, and sleep! BM2 is a frier!!

Lisa - I love Step Blast! Enjoy!

Jeanette - I don't believe I've seen you round these parts... I'm new here. Nice to meet you!

Suz - smart thinking on not doing ME today. :)

Have a great day, Maniacs!!

Marcia

Marcia, Kimberly Spreen's Absolute KB is a really good workout. I did it as the interval premix that alternates between the combat (no more than 9# body bar) and Kicbox segments. I wore my 1# gloves too though. I also like her Kickbox Bootcamp workout(not to be confused with cardio camp, which is just ok to me) She uses dumbbells and a body bar in the KB Bootcamp one as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.