Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Sept 13

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Cardio Coach 4 on the Ellipitical with my boot on. My HRM is not working properly still. Workout was 60". The power went out in our house when I was on the stretching part, so I didn't get to finish that.

Toasty - I spilled a bottle of of Pumpkin 2. I still can't smell but my DH emptied the bathroom trash yesterday cuz he said it stunk! I wore Libra yesterday and my nose cleared for a bit and it smells divine. Love it! I'm taking some of my Mom's prednisone for a week (playing doctor now) cuz I want to be able to smell my new order.

Have great workouts everyone. Hopefully I'll be able to check back here after work.

ETA: Forgot to mention how bad the new office is going to be for my sweet tooth. The 2 girls I sit with have 2 candy jars, one with chocolate and one with other candy and there are always donuts in the back. It's TTOTM for me so I broke down and ate the icing off a donut yesterday (my bad) and some little bite sized Milky Way Midnight's - which were awesome............but I can't be doing this. HELP???

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Posted my workout last night on here. Today I am gonna work biceps/triceps off the Cathe slow and heavy series to switch things up, before I go to work. Then after work going to Busch Gardens for some fun. Can't wait!!!!!!

Lora,

Oh, my hubby would be the same way. He is suffering from allergies, as he does this time of the year, and one night asked me not to wear any perfume. lol. At work, they ask me almost everyday what I am wearing after one day I wore All Night Long! lol.

Have a great day!

Good Morning
This morning is KM and abs.
Deb your pics are amazing!! But you work hard for it girl!!
Char have fun at Busch gardens!!
Lora great workout. Pretend there is no candy:)!!!!
Have a great day everyone
Randi

This morning was cardio. I decided to do Cardio Coach #1. This is a short workout, only 35 minutes, so I stayed on my treadmill to reach an hour. Listened to some good music on my Mp3 player. That always makes the time fly for me. I love music!

Cardio stats:
1 hr.
49 min. in zone
340 calories burned
3.5 mile travelled

Hope you all have a great workout! It is freakin' cold here!

Randi - Thanks about my pics!!! And funny you should mention rotations, I was going to maybe put one together soon for October. Maybe a leg one would be a good idea. Thanks!

Morning Maniacs! Going to do some yoga in a bit and then a bike ride later today. Probably the same one as yesterday. My hamstrings are sore from yesterday TT workout. I can't beleive how sore I've been from these simple short workouts. My lats are even a titch sore and that's rare.

Lora- Good luck with staying out of the candy jar!

Randi- enjoy your workout.

Char- Have fun at bush gardens!

Debbie- I like CC#1...they are all good!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey again. Just finished up Y4H quickie. I bought some of the BSH dessert protein powder yesterday-the banana creme flavor. I'm having it in my oatmeal and it's really good. I also bought some of Sylvester Stallones protein pudding, which is also good. I couldn't find that pro-pudding brand in the packets. They had some other brand of pudding in packets, but it was more expensive than Sylvester's which comes ready-to-eat in cans. This will give me some more variety, besides my regular vanilla flavor protein powder that I normally buy.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif [font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

Hello my little friends!

This morning I did Hot & Heavy...er Slow & Heavy Biceps & Triceps - just like the lovely Char. Dallys, have I mentioned my confusion as to why you got rid of this one? :p Had a great workout and hope to feel some DOMS tomorrow. Didn't do any cardio as a) I dinked around too long this morning before starting my workout and b) I figured a day off of cardio may be okay since my weight is a little on the lower side of the scale. Of course I like it, but...

Lora - I have a rule for myself at work - no junk. There's one gal who has those little YUMMY candies in her office all the time. She has moved to another building but I work with her on stuff a lot so I could easily find many excuses to go over and grab some - Reeses, Nestle Crunch, all the things I love. Also, in our office, the gals I work with LOVE to bring in donuts, cake, cookies, you name it. Plus we are also the facilities and events office, so catering always brings us the leftover cookies from meetings across the hall. So I just have to have a rule that I don't eat junk at work or I would be eating it all the time. "Oh just one" always leads to "Oh just one more" and you know how that goes. They know that about me so they don't bug me. It took a looong time, but they finally quit.

Happy workouts!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Morning ladies

Diane Sue-thanks for the response:D

The candy at work really bites! There have been donuts for the past two days....the first night I only had one....last night I had TWO!

I did the same Weight workout that I did on Tuesday. Was able to shave 10min off the time and increased weight:7 :7

Those TT workouts sound really interesting!

Have a great day

Hey Maniacs! Early lunch for me. I'm having half of a left-over veggie wrap that I bought yesterday when I went to the health food store. They are sooooo good!

Suz- I got rid of "Hot and Heavy" when I thought that the "Gymstyles" could replace it. I know, I know, I'm not real smart!

Lisa- I got the TT program from the "Precision Nutrition" forum. If you ever decide you want it, I can email it to you. It's a 12 week fatloss program. I don't have any diet info. with it. They assume you are doing Precision Nutrition eating, I'm sure. It fits in nicely for those with little time (less than an hour), or if you are doing another sport (biking for me right now). It's only 3 days a week, so you can do other fun workouts that you can't ever fit in...like yoga (for me). They are quick and simple (yet tough), and are sure making me sore, for some reason. But, that's what we want...right?

Hi, all!

This morning I did Powerstrike 1, then the floor work and abs from Cathe's Pure Strength Legs & Abs. I used an 18# body bar for the leg work and yowza, did I feel it!!!

Lora - my friend is lending me a CC so I can see what they're all about. If I like it, I will download some of my own. My only problem is I don't have any cardio equipment at home so I'd need to use them for outdoor runs - I wonder if that will even work?

Randi - we almost did the same workout today! I was going to do KM and abs as I wanted to get in some kickboxing, legs, and ab work - but my heel has been really sore so I opted for something with a bit less impact.

Suz and Char - I love S&H bis and tris. It's easily my favorite of the S&H series, but I like all of them.

Lisa - what weight workout did you do on Tuesday? Congrats on shaving off some time and upping the poundage.

Deb - so you like CC, too? Hmm, they must be great workouts.

Dallys - QUESTIONS!!! Okay, on Skwigg's advice, I just ordered Precision Nutrition (I can't really afford it, but I did it so I'm trying to not feel guilty right now!). She also recommended TT, but as I said, I can't afford it. Is there a way to do a TT type workout with Cathe's or Barry's Bootcamp or something of the sort? Thanks for any and all information!

Also, GNC discontinued my favorite protein powder so I bought the GNC brand as it was comparable to my old brand in terms of protein, calories, etc. But it tastes like dirt!!! I hate it. However, I cannot afford to get rid of it (it was $60). Do you any of you Maniacs have any suggestions for a super yummy chocolate protein powder that I could mix with my chalky disaster until it's finally gone?

Thanks!!!!

Marcia- I'm not sure how much I can help you. It would be nice if someone had already come up with some TT rotation using Cathe.:) But I'll give it a try, so here goes: The TT workouts seem to concentrate on major muscle group exercises, like Pull-ups, pull-downs, pushups, squats, lunges, presses, dips etc. Not so much on isolated muscles exercises, like tri kickbacks and bicep curls, and lateral raises. Very similar to "New Rules of Lifting" style. TT also uses a Superset fashion. So, if you could pick similar exercises from Cathes DVD's, you might be able to come up with something, but with TT, the reps are lower and weights heavier, so Cathes "Hot and Heavy" ;) might work. The only problem I see, is that Cathe doesn't do Pull-ups or pull-downs, and I think these are major bang-for-the-buck exercises. I don't have Barry's, so I can't comment on that.

TT uses HIIT as cardio, which is different than say, the intervals in Cathe's Imax's or the Cardio Coaches. Her blasts (no step routine, just blasts) on her imax DVD's might work for HIIT. Like do a blast, walk around for 20 sec. do another blast, walk around for 20.sec etc. until you finish all blasts. HIIT is alternating your very highest effort (difficult enough that you can't do it for very long) followed by a very low effort...there is no medium effort. That's why you can do it in a short time and be totally exhausted. Like it would be very difficult to do it for more than 30. min. I think 20 min. is the norm. So, you should get your weights and HIIT done in about 45 min., add abs and stretch and you clock in at about 1 hr.

I don't have "Precision Nutrition", but do have "Metabolism Advantage", which is more like a condensed version of "Precision Nutrition". Let me know how you like it. Someday I might splurge and get PN too.

Dallys:

"Splurge" is right. My husband is not gonna be happy seeing that on the credit card. And with the Cathe, Amy, and Tracey presales. But what are you going to do? I've spent so much on OTHER things trying to make me feel better about my body (comfort shopping), that if I find something that works, I figure it'll be worth EVERY penny.

Thanks so much for the info re TT. I think with all of Cathe's interval/drill DVDs and her superb chaptering and premixes, I'll be able to come up with something for the cardio. As for the weights, I may have to bite the bullet and - gasp - try something on my own.

Thanks again! :) Your reply helped so much!!!

Hey Maniacs! Finished up my bike ride. It was so pretty out that I got some pictures for you.:) I'm getting spoiled with the paved trails and tiny hills. Might have to get back to the real dirt this weekend.

277969263.jpg

277969268.jpg

Workout today was Kelly Coffey Step Box stopping after the cardio weights, then Cathe's HSTA cardio only done twice(was going to do cardio and upper till I remembered it had upper and lower compound work) So I did Body Max 2 Double upper and ab premix. Added a few minutes of foam roller when I finished.
Double arm row 20#
Pullovers 35#
rear flys 10#
seated overhead press 20# first set the 15#
shoulder circles/lat raises 8#
hammer curls 20#
incline curls 15#
seated concentration curls 20#
seated triceps extensions 20#
kickbacks 10#
abs I used 10# and 15# dumbbells arms were shaking on those side planks by the time I got to the second time through

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Wow, great workout, WD!

I just LOVE Body Max 2's upper body section! I have Kelly's step kickbox workout, but haven't tried it yet. Perhaps I will next week.

Any recs for tasty protein powders that I can mix with the dusty tasting crap I purchased earlier this week? (It's just too expensive to throw out or, believe me, I would!)

Marcia, I really like Kelly's Step Box. I find it fun and the choreography is not really difficult. I reach for it quite often.
As far as protein powders I haven't found one I really like that much. The one I am finishing off os gnc Pro performance . Got home and discovered it had high fructose corn syrup in it. I think because it was chocolate chip. The guy in the store was recommending Isopure. He said Muscle Milk is good but has a lot of fat which I already knew.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.