Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Nov 30

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I again woke up and thought it was the weekend! When I got up I didn't feel like working out and I didn't have any cardio picked out. Nothing appealed to me! So not like me. I decided to do TurboJam Cardio Party 3 cuz it usually is fun....and it was fun. I wore my weighted gloves (not sure if that was a good move considering my shoulder pain). I burned 349 calories. It was hard to take my HR with the gloves on so the count might be slightly off today.

My boss has a big meeting with HR today. She thinks she is getting fired. I hope not because Secretaries are going to start to bump due to job eliminations and I have no Seniority. Not as likely to get bumped out of my job if my boss is still in charge....cuz of her reputation.

I'll try to check in from work today, but I don't know what she's going to be like today - so I might not be able to.

Have great workouts.

Toasty - Did you see my note from last night? I don't have your email addy at home and I couldn't remember if you're at AOL or Yahoo to answer your question. I need your email addy.

Toasty -I'm leaving for work so if you email a response to my email....send it to my work addy? okay? it'll give me something to look forward to at work......I like when you email me there.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well I have our home decorated for Christmas now. I did not do my circuit workout. I fell asleep on the couch before the Biggest Loser. I was unusually tired and slept like the dead. Now I know I will have tons of energy today for it so I got to put it to good use, and earlier on in the day before it gets snatched up. I don't mind doing leg work early. I have a hard time doing upper body workout with heavy weights early. I will work abs too. I think from Butts and Guts and then LIC, etc.

Lora,

O.k., I will go check. You got my email address now. I just sent it to ya.

Suz,

We are starting P90X on Sunday???? That is the 3rd of Dec, right? Do you mean the 4th then?

Be back later.

Charlotte~~

Morning. Starting to feel some DOMS. My whole core was stiff when i got up, but it feels a bit better now. I am fasting till I get bloodwork done. NOT fun. I am hungry. And I won't get to the hospital till probably after 9:30. Oh well. Pack a protien bar I guess.

Char- have fun with that circiut! Glad you got some rest.

Lora- good luck with the work situation. I hope it works out the best for YOU!

BBL, if I don't pass out from starvation first LOL!!!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Char, it was pretty good. The challenge was to varry plates of all the weight you lost at a race track . Every week there was a barrel and you had to drop your weight off . 1st one to finish won a day with spouse at the ranch.
Crybabay went home. She over did it .She only lost 2 lbs.
Everone lost alot this week.Wylee came back with 12 0r 13 # this week.

I just got on the treadmill for 1/2 hr last night. Legs were a little sore so i gave me a partial rest day.

I do need to do abs and upper body heavy. I am trying not to work a muscle group if i am sore there so i don't break down the muscles.I am going to be off the heavy weights for 2 months and i want to build as much as i can.

Lora, hope you have a good day at work. I ordered the new turbo jam on the ball. Did you like them? I just need change. I like the ball work for a change up from the heavy weights.I wanted some recovery drinks and i said why not while i was on there.Then i got a thicker yoga matt. I have the thin one and it moves on carpet.

Good luck on p90x.The only one i really even cared for was the ab x
Quick, tough and went fast.

Randi, feelin better.

Diane Sue excellent w/o yeaterday. You amaze me.
Dallys, do you crank the music when you do the circuits?

Hi everone else, Meag, Lisa, Deb and oh Suz....
Have a great w/o day!!!

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina}(

Had to catch up on last night.

Diane Sue.. I was doing the snow angels and my stability arm was literally shaking. When i lifted my leg at about 3 counts i went down. Boom. Was a good site...
Diane Sue got DOMS.!!!!There is help for me yet!! That w/o kills me for some reason. Gotta love it....

Dallys, i do not eat fried stuff.Once in a blue moon aome homemade onion rings. My down fall is angel hair pasta....

Char, get the deco up. Then come put up my tree....

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Hi Maniacs:

My workout today was GS Shoulders and the Lowmax premix 4-7. Good workout. Lowmax always makes me sweat.

Deb, hope your back is better and doesn't keep you away from the workouts for very long. My weak point is my upper back and neck. I've had fewer and fewer episodes though, but I keep an eye on it.

Char, I'm not as hardcore as you guys by far in the workouts, just maybe log more miles on the bike cuz I love it so much. My DH thinks I'm crazy getting P90X. He said so last night, but oh well. He knows whatever sport or hobby I do, I do pretty intensely. Guess I take after my mom. With her it was pistol shooting or bowling or sewing LOL. Hope you are feeling better. Good that you listened to your body. I believe Suz and I will be starting P90X on Monday.

Lora, so you had good results on P90X. That's cool about the bicep vein. I would love to have a bicep vein that popped. I'd like my shoulders to look better but really, all over work is needed. Wow, maybe your boss will get canned today? From how you write about her, sounds like she deserves it.

Wow, Diane Sue, another great workout. You are so creative and make the most out of the DVD's. You are the queen at getting the most out of workouts!

Maeghan, how nice to get a compliment from your doctor. You do look great and stay so busy with your kids. Hope the fasting goes by quickly. Just knowing I can't have anything makes me hungrier I swear.

Dallys, your elevation is higher than ours. It's been cold here, but not as much bitter wind today. I have my niece coming tday to take my before P90X pictures. I have to remember not to suck my stomach in and just be natural. What does a woman polygamist look like that is so obvious? You've got me curious now. Do they dress differently? And is it a man that is the polygamist or the women? Hey,inquiring minds have to know.

Randi, I hope your bug goes away quickly, but hey, I definitely would not be working out if I was that sick. Rest up, girl.

Got to run now.

Jeanette

Anne, is the bicep healed up now? I only have the first Turbo Jam workout but I swear, I always feel leaner after doing it or Ab Jam, I don't know what it is. May have to order some of the others as I do like the music and Chalene. I previewed AbX and it looks like it could be tough, but I'm glad it's short as I only have an hour to work out in the mornings. Can do AbX after work in the evenings. I think I may need to get another mat. How long did you do P90X and did you have good results? Observations?

I really don't have any problem with pasta or fried foods or really even sugar. I love cereal and am always grabbing a handful, handful here, there, adds up I'm sure.

Jeanette

Felt great this morning, no back issues so I thought I'd do my workout. Worked bi's and legs w/negatives. This is what I did:

Incline Alternate DB Curls: 15's 10/8 reps (warmup)
Incline DB Curls: 22's 8/4/4
Pinwheels: 22's 8/4/4 each arm (bi's were fried after this)
Alternate Lunges: 30# 12 reps each leg (warmup)
Static Lunges: 85# 3 sets/12 reps
Leg Extensions: 70# 12/11/9
Hamstring Press w/3# ankle weights: 20/15/10 each leg using the negative approach. REALLY felt it!
Calf work from Gym Style Legs

Workout was 1 hr. 7 min., was in my zone for 18 minutes and burned 225 calories. Felt GREAT!!!

Feeling like I'm gaining weight, actually afraid to get on the scale. My jeans are horribly tight so I'm going to cut back on my calorie intake for a few weeks and see what happens. Don't want to lose muscle, though, so I will keep the protein up as much as I can. I hate feeling this way.

Hope you all have great workouts!

What are snow angels? I haven't done them yet?

Can't remember who asked me about the new TJ's - but I haven't tried the ball one yet that is supposed to be total body, but I think it's emphasis on lower body now that I re-read it...so maybe I'll try it soon. It doesn't really fit into my current rotation. I like the Kickin Core one. I posted a review about it last week after I did it. It is 30 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of core work both standing and lying on the ball. The reason I liked it is cuz she wastes no time with a cool down....you go right from aerobics to the standing core work and your HR stays elevated somewhat (like a c/d) and then you lie on the ball. I had to use weight for the lying and next time will use my weighted gloves to add intensity to the standing core work holding the ball (if I can hold it with my gloves on). I used a 10# DB and didn't get that sore...but I've been having difficulty getting my abs sore ever since doing P90X Ab Ripper X with ankle weights and med ball.

Toasty - did you get my email this morning before I left the house? Did you see the part about BC loves playing the Wedge???? That means they'll be back soon and maybe you can come up here. Although I better quit telling my DH what a hottie you are or he won't let me go with you!!!

Lora,

LOL! Yes, I did get your email...so I sent you a pm.

Debbie,

Now you are going thru what I did a few weeks ago. I hate when you are trying to put on muscle and you feel like it is not. You never know for sure what percentage of what cuz you can't go by the monitor. It seems not to be 100% reliable. I know when I do alot of cardio I seem to be more bloated and my jeans didn't fit me very well after Drill Max. I told you this though. You might have to incorporate some more cardio later in the evening to help keep your metabolism high. JMO. Great workout though. Is it still burning for ya using this dogcrapp method?

Netta,

Thought so. Monday it is then. Yup, your still hardcore and so I have bit all my fingernails off thinking of starting P90X. Can't wait though. I don't like to fail at anything so I will keep up even if I have to scream out the window again. lol.

Storm,

Glad crybaby got sent home. I liked her attitude in the beginning..very beginning.lol. She just doesn't make any sense to me. No tree up yet...whatcha waiting for???? A storm???

Meg,

Whatcha getting blood work for? I have DOMS in my upper back.

Hey Randi!

Charlotte~~

Deb,
I was doing the November Cathe rotation, lots of circuits, lots of cardio. I was not drinking enough water, plus I think too much cardio and really looking puffy. I've cut down on the cardio, back to lifting more weights and slamming the water. Feeling leaner for sure. I hate how our bodys adapt to exercise. On the cardio side, however, I feel great, have more endurance, and have gotten stronger on my bike (equates to more speed too). I want it all, look good and perform well.

Jeanette

Toasty - I PM'd you back. Forgot to add that your DH sounds like he's even stricter than my DH with his morals.

Morning Maniacs! Today is another circuit. These are kinda wearing me out. I thought I'd do them thru Dec. We'll see if I can take it.
It's 9 Degrees here this morning!! I'm like freezing to death!

Lora- When the weekend does get here, you'll think you have to get up for work. LOL! Can you believe I haven't got my new TJ's yet? I ordered on the 7th.

Toasty-Let's see some pics of the decorations.:) You should have a killer circuit today. Dang! I missed Biggest Loser too.:(

Meg- Sorry you have to starve this morning. Take that protein bar!

Anne-Oh yeah, I crank the music baby! I wouldn't even concider angel hair pasta bad. I'm guilty of eating fried stuff on occassion. Fries being a favorite. :p

Debbie- Good workout! You probably are just putting on muscle.

Jeanette- The women polygamists wear those weird prairie type dresses and wear their hair unbelieveabley odd. This is what I hear and I am by no means knowledgeable on the subject. The men get to marry as many women (and very young ones sometimes) as they want and the women are just baby makers and have no rights. The women don't have a choice of who or when they marry. It's like arranged. There are different groups, some more extreme than others. I honestly don't know much about them. Just what I see on TV. But, I have seen them and they are very noticable.
You should google it. Very interesting. Here are some pics of the clothes and hair I'm talking about. Just click on the pictures and they enlarge.

http://www.pizzazzmagazine.com/religion-colorado-city-arizona-polygamy.html

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey guys, I'm starting p90x on Monday too....mind if I check in here? Although...when I pulled this checkin up...I started to have second thoughts when I saw the above pix....!!! But then I realized they can't be hardcore!
Anyway I started with the lean program on monday and did core synergistics...then couldn't move the next day. I was not able to work out again until yesterday, so I'm really no hardcore, but would love to be a wannabehardcore. he he

Amber

Hi AMber! Welcome. I am one of the few who hasn't done P90x, but will someday. Look foward to your checkins.

Char- I am getting a cholesterol test done with my 6mo thyroid check for one doc, and then all my Rheumatology blood tests for the other doc. Only took 9 viles of blood lol!! Oh well.

Dallys- have you ever watched that show Big Love on HBO? hilarious.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.