Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs May 10

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I'm having a hard time getting motivated this morning. Don't know where my motivation has gone......out the window, perhaps. I'm going to try to do some Cardio Coach on the TM & Elliptical and then finish off with some kicboxing? Not sure. I probably should pick something a bit more fun to do, but I usually like to get all of the "difficult" workouts out of the way by the weekend, so I think I'll put my game face on and try to suck it up. I should add some Lotte or Squeeze legs on but my legs are toast today, so we'll see. Be back in a bit.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Gonna do one of my old rotations this morning. It is in basement so right now have no idea until I go down there and get to it. Worked out shoulders and abs last night around 8pm. lol

Gonna apply for another job this morning and a few things to do around the house.

Lora,

Sometimes this happens with the motivation. Glad your legs are toasty.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning, today I am doing Amy's Bento Kickbox Extreme and M&F rotation calls for legs and calves. The leg work is all done in 5 sets each exercise. These workouts have been long this week. I think it goes back to 3 sets next week.

Lora, I felt unmotivated yesterday. Wasn't feeling real well though. Usually once I get going I am good though. Hope you find your motivation:)

Charlotte, enjoy your workout.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Had a really good workout this morning but I have to get out of the mindset of heavy training. I'm an injury waiting to happen if I keep this up. I did back and biceps today, wanted to do abs but ran out of time. Supersets again:

Back - 1:30 rest between each set:
4 sets/8 reps
Deadlifts: 30#
superset w/
Pullups: 8/7/5/5

3 sets/10 reps
Wide Grip Bent Over Rows: 60#
superset w/
Seated Rows: Used silver band

2 sets/12 reps
T-bar rows: 55#
superset w/
Pullovers: 35#

This is where I should have gone way lower in my weight.
Biceps - 2 min. rest between each set:
3 sets/8 reps (suppose to be)
Barbell Curls: 60# (WTF was I thinking?)
superset w/
Incline Alt. DB Curls: 20's (again, WTF was I thinking?)
I got 1 set/8 reps out with this
Dropped to 55# for BB curls got 6 reps out and used 20's again for incline Alt. DB Curls and only got 4 reps out! Yikes! Dropped again to 45# for BB Curls and 15's for Incline Alt. DB Curls and got 8 reps with each for that

3 sets/10 reps
Preacher Curls: 40#
superset w/
Seated Dumbbell Curls: 15's
Dropped to 12's for the last two sets of Seated Dumbbell Curls

2 sets/12 reps
Zottsman Curls: 12's
superset w/
Hammer Curls: 10's

My arms were throbbing by the time I was done! LOL!

Hopefully I'll do abs this evening.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good Morning:)
Last night I did standing gymstyle legs and B&G floor work. That was hard! Today I'm doing SS/PP upper body. Have great workouts today!
Randi

I ended up doing Cardio Coach 4 on the TM, Elliptical and Bike followed by Tae Bo Amped Super Charged Fat Burner (only banged my leg twice with the bar). Cardio was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned 509 calories. I then did Lotte Berk Blast from Muscle Eats Fat - thigh burner!!! I also did Ravi & Ana's Yoga Bliss Hips Quick Hips premix.

Deb - Great workout. You kick major a@#!!!!

Dallys - the bird story made me sick. I hate to hear about poor innocent little creatures like that.

Jen - no - I've never seen Jari's website. To be totally honest, I don't really like her personality. She grates on my nerves with her comments during the workouts. I generally do them with my own music and her muted. (**ducking***) I know you really like her so I never said anything. Guess what - Xflowsion should be here on Friday if the post office doesn't hold my package hostage. Let's hope it lives up to its expectations. I guess the infomercial is airing, but I only have basic cable...so I don't think it's in rotation around here.

Deb - Yes, I don't think that kickbox is that intense, but I do like the combat sections and the thorough stretch at the end :). Criss Cross Cardio is more intense than that one. It even has one combo that is really different (my fave combo) and she does other higher impact stuff in between to get your HR elevated, e.g., flying jacks, running man, etc. Not sure if you'd care for Sherri though. I like her though. Have even thought about getting her other earlier CIA kickboxing...but never did.

Brookie is totally back to normal now. I thought she was yesterday, but she apparently wasn't 100% until today. She's been knocking all kinds of stuff over all morning. She's a busy body! She did yoga with me again! I'll miss our daily morning yoga sessions when I go back to work.

Since Toasty's not starting the Bull rotation -- I think I'm going to put it off for a couple weeks and concentrate on circuits (and maybe a few other new workouts) for a couple weeks since I need to lose my vacation poundage. I have to look thru my circuits later. I'm a bit sore from this week's weights (as I was last week also). I rarely get sore...so I'm happy about that. I've also decided to start adding in some Pilates....but need to figure out where to fit it in.

Have great workouts. I'm gonna eat my Grape Nuts and do my neck stretches and then it's Grocery Shopping.

Morning Maniacs! Today I'm going for a Mt. Bike ride with DH later today.

Lora- Have fun with the circiuts.

Char- Have fun with your new rotation.

Debbie- Great job on the biceps! Becareful though...like you said, you don't want to get an injury.

Jen- Speaking of Sheryl, I love those 3 songs too! I like her older Music better than her newer stuff. Hope her next album will be more rock-y and have the great lyrics she's so good at.

Diane Sue-Have fun with your workout. 5 sets is killer! Ouch!

Randi- Great workout. Sounds tough.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Debbie,

WOO HOO..yeah, what were you thinking???? Thinking like a hardcore machine..that is what I am saying! Go..go..go..go..go..go. Way to do it..make your own rules as you go along!!!!! LMAO!

Bionics,

Now I hope you are fully loaded this morning for that mountain bike ride. Have plenty of water bottles in such..how far you going anyways crazy woman?

Lora,

You will find some crazy rotation. I always picture you working out for hours and hours. You make me tired.

Randi,

You must have some rocking hard legs. You are always working them hard! Good for you!

Diane Sue,

I will stay out of your way today..5 sets of kicking and such. Lawd. Have fun!

Hello, Today was Triceps and cardio, I did KPC ( i love this workout) this morining and then ill do triceps later, had to work early this morining and didnt feel like getting up at 4AM to get in the full workout. I just hope i dont forget later.
Charlotte-Have fun with your new rotation and good luck at getting a job!
Debbie-Great workout:) Hope you dont get injured
Randi-That sounds like a tough workout, i think i will try that next time i do GS legs
Lora-Your workouts amaze me your like the energizer bunny,you never run out of steam,glad to hear that your kitty is better!:)
Dallys-Have fun on your MT. bike ride
Hope everyone has a good day!:7

Again, today will be a very busy day. Along with all the garden projects I wanted to do today, I forgot about my ladies. I do charity work today and forgot all about it. It's going to be very intense day with all I need to get done.

Wish I had time for personals, but I just don't. And they say you can relax when you retire? Yeah, right.

I had time reading your messages, and you all sound good. Get motivated and stay safe please. Try and find some down time, our body also needs that as well. How do you fit all that in? I don't know.

Off to start the day with Imax 3.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Hey Meg and Janie!!

The job I applied for is dumb. Want you to work 2 hours and the morning. Go home and come back in the evening for another 2 hours. With gas prices and such..just dumb. I am going to apply at a pool place after I eat lunch. I already know that one is 32 hours a week..maybe I will get somewhere there, but it is only seasonal.

Charlotte~~

Hello ladies, just a quick hello.
I am gymin it tonite.. Been buisy..
Just want to say hi..
Doing total body.. Having a hard time workin out this week. Aunt Flo , then, late nights...

Take care..
Have great workouts...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

I finished my workout. I started with Amy's Kickbox Extreme, I only wore my weighted gloves for the Bonus bag work.(I don't have a bag), then I did the M&F rotation and followed with Amy's Stretch&abs stretch #2.

M&F rotation
squats bowflex 200# 8 reps 5 sets
leg press bowflex 310# 10 reps 5 sets
leg extensions bowflex 200# 8 reps 5 sets
lying leg curls bowflex 100# 8 reps 5 sets
standing calf raise 35# dumbbells 15 reps 5 sets
seated calf raises 95# barbell 20 reps 6 sets
leg press calf raise bowflex 310# 15 reps 5 sets

Maeghan, it is good to see you check in.

Anne, I am sorry you have so much work to do. I hope things lighten up for you some. Glad you could check in today.

Lora, you do so many different workouts. There are a lot I have never heard of. Did you get results doing the Barry's? I have heard others say that they got results using them.

Jen and Dallys, I like Cheryl Crow too. I always pick a cd for while I am alone cleaning house on Wed. I was hunting for them and couldn't find them so ended up listening to Gwen Stefani:)

Charlotte, running back and forth to a job twice a day would sure mess up the whole day. I remember dh doing that for awhile. It was not pleasant. I hope the pool job works out.

Randi, are you doing PP upper 1 set and SS upper 1 set? Just curious how that would work.

Michelle, it sounds like you have a good workout planned. I wouldn't want to get up at 4 am either:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Just got back from a 45 minute walk with the DH. Talk about warm outside! I wore my HRM and burned 194 calories in 45 minutes. My legs weren't really up for the challenge, but it's so nice outside and I talked the DH into it....so....

Diane Sue - nope...no results this time from Barry's. The first time I did them, I got results. I don't know if I've been doing way too much and now my body just wants more and more to produce results...thus the reason I'll be trying to cut back on my workouts a bit, or at least shorten the morning one and add an occasional afternoon session in. I'm baffled. I know I've been eating a bit too much since I've not been working.....and on vacation we ate 3 largish meals a day and I gained a few. Right now I'm retaining water from TTOTM and some medication I took, so I have to wait a few days before I weigh in. I don't know what to do any more. I'm working out like a freakin' maniac. I'm going to probably try circuits for a couple weeks and then try a split/heavy weight routine to change things up since I've been doing high reps and total body. Next week I'll cut back on the cardio for a couple weeks and then hit it hard for a couple again and see if that helps.

Jen - So sorry to hear your chances of getting pregnant are so slim. I hope you'll look into alternative options. I know how much you want children. My heart goes out to you! Take care and I hope work calms down soon.

Wow Lora! Those pics are awesome! I got your package. Thank you! I am so happy to have Wolfmoon again!

So yesterday, we had a firecall, and we had to airlift a woman who had to be extracated out of the car that had been in an accident. I helped a couple guys carry the stretcher to the helicopter. SHe was a pretty heavy woman, and after we got her loaded, all the guys were huffing and puffing and sweating, and I was like WOW! I had no problems doing it! I had gear on too, and I was just fine. Just one of those moments that make me proud of myself for all my hardwork. I m pretty sure the woman was alright too BTW.

So you guys rocked today as usual! We are about to get a thunderstorm here, so see you all in the morning!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi ladies! Tonight's WOs were Karen Voight's Streamlined Fitness followed by Crunch Fat Burning Pilates. These are lower intensity and usually pretty light cardio, but these seemed tough tonight like they got into some smaller muscle groups or something. Haven't done either of these in months, so they felt new again. Went over my calories today and my weigh in is tomorrow! It was all "good stuff" I just lost track of how much I took in today and by the end of the day it was too late to correct it.

Lora-(No ducking necessary-LOL! :) ) I actually am not that big a fan of Jari either, at least personality-wise, but I do like the way she puts her workouts together. Thanks again for your thoughts about my news yesterday...your comments were very much appreciated.

Diane Sue-I like Gwen Stefani, too. I just downloaded a couple of her songs to my ipod over the weekend. She will be here in concert tomorrow night. She is already in town and did a phone interview with a radio station I listen to. She just seems like a cool person. She was at the park with her baby and her trainer. She just had the baby 11 months ago and already has flat abs again!

Dallys-I forgot to mention I like "I Shall Believe", too. So did you buy her last album? I agree that the early stuff is better.

Have a great night everyone!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.