Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Thurs July 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

I had a hard time doing my aerobics this morning. I didn't get to bed until 10 and then I couldn't fall asleep. I probably fell asleep around 11 and got up at 2:10 am. It took me a good 30 minutes to be able to function and when I started working out, I still felt too sleepy to put much intensity into it......but I did Mindy's Kickbutt Bootcamp in a moderate range. Now, I'm wide awake and ready to workout.....but I have to get ready for work!! Oh well.

Debbie - I hope your back is okay.

Diana Sue - Thanks for the dressing recipe's. Did you try it yet? Is it good?

Charlotte - I dropped the prints off to be made last night..so I'll send those to you when I get them. I may need your addy again...not sure if I have it. I can see your avatar now....it must be blocked at work.

Netta & Suz - I think I'm gonna hold off on the Spinervals and use my Cardio Coaches for now. I want something that the music doesn't suck too bad. Since I'm not a serious biker, just looking for fun aerobics.......I'm not sure about these??

Have great workouts and I'll try to check in from work.

Good Morning,
Today was suposed to be cardio and yoga. I may change it up as I need to get my workout in early tomorrow because we are taking the grandchildren to the zoo and it would be better to go early. So I will probably get in some lower circuits and floor work. I am still not sure about my heel. I am starting to think it is plantar fasciitis. Although I know I stepped on puppy toys. I ordered a new pair of Saucony's Grid Trigon 3 as in the reviews someone mentioned them helping with their heel. It will be my third pair of Saucony's. I love these shoes.

Lora, when I posted my version the salad dressing recipe yesterday I guess I forgot to say that I put it on some salad with feta cheese when I tasted it. I did not make it as sweet as the bottled kind so you might choose to add a little more raspberry preserves or sweetner.

Debbie, I hope your back is feeling ok today.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Hi ladies,
Sounds like everyone is getting in good workouts and that's wonderful considering the heat a lot of us have experienced. Just shows how hardcore we all are (or is it crazy)?

Today's workout was Imax2 premix 1-5 as I will also do a bike ride after work with a girlfriend.

Lora, I don't get enough sleep either, but I usually have high energy and am raring to go when I get up (after some coffee). I start going to bed at 8:30 p.m. and then wake up around 2:30. I get more sleep on F, S, and S as I'm off on those days and make up for it a little. I feel for you though. Also, did you ever have the sonogram to check out any problems? Don't think I ever read about any results you had.

Lora, I have a couple of Cardio Coach workouts and like the music much better, though the ones I have aren't rock but they do motivate me and I like Sean's voice. Of course I've used the CC's outside on my bike and have used Spinervals inside (which is a dread factor for me, I'm afraid). So maybe it's good you are holding off.

Suz, your friend and the flat tires. Sometimes they run in streaks like that. Sure can put a damper on a ride. Remember one organized ride a group of us did and between all of us we had like 12 flats! There were lots of thorns but one guy friend had like 8 flats and they were due to a bad rim strip that kept pinching the tube. After we got that fixed, he was ok, but the bummer was the ride promised cold beer at the end and it was all gone by the time we got in. We were majorly disappointed. One of those things you remember.

Charlotte, I like to vary the intensity of my bike rides, otherwise it gets too grueling to always be doing a training ride. Serious cyclists frequently put easy, recovery rides in their training schedules. I'm definitely not a hardcore type cyclist, but I like to keep the fun factor in and have to tell myself to look at the cows and not ride too hard. Hey, good back picture too. I really need to get some new pictures going but I don't want to ask my DH to do them.

Debbie, I hope your back is okay this morning. Bummer to be so strong and then have something happen when we least expect it. Sending good vibes out to ya! My mom threw her back out once just by barely turning. She was on her back in bed for about 5 days. That was about 15 years ago or more and only think she's had one other incident like it. Funny how such a little move did that.

Sandy, DH and I are going out again this weekend with our 4-wheelers and the dogs for another overnite tent camping trip. I'll try to keep the stuff we pack down. Seems like sometimes we take way too much stuff. Did you ride bikes with the group yet?

Maeghan, yes, I wonder about the back rows also. I feel it more in my upper back and arm. The only ones I really feel in the lower back are when I do supermans on the floor or a ball. We have a Bowflex and I like the lat pulldowns. I checked out your pictures and you look good girl! Wish I had your longer legs. Mine are definitely tree stump like. Cute pictures of your kids too.

Diane Sue, I sure hope it's not PF. Hope you can head that one off. Have fun at the zoo today. You are an awesome grandma! Is Bill all healed up now?

Jeanette

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I am ok. Just a little sore but no pain anywhere. I'm hoping to be working out by Saturday. I hate when this crap happens. Usually every 6 months I get plagued with back problems.

Great workouts, everyone!

Thank goodness your back isn't worse Deb! I think it is great that you are resting till Saturday.
Thanks Netta for the nice comments. I discovered that the lat pulldowns really work LOL! I finally felt DOMS in my lats today.

My kids didn't sleep well last night, so I have not been myself today, and kinda achy. So, I didn't do my planned WO on my rotation, but I did manage about 30 min of RS, and then I worked my core till it really burned LOL!
I hate days like that, but I know it is better to listen to my body and hope for a better nights sleep tonight.

Great WO's today guys.

Deb, I will continue to pray for your back, and Diane Sue's foot!

Lora, I commend you for working out at all on that little sleep! I guess that's why they call you guys maniacs!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/154/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Good afternoon,
This morning I did CTX Power Circuit w/u and cardio/lower, Jari Love Slim & Lean squats(heel hurt so didn't do the rest of the standing leg work here), Push & Pull calves20#, inner/outer thighs5# ankle weights 2 sets, Pyramid Lower Calves 20#, floorwork using 5#ankle weights and stretch, Yoga Shatki warrior#3&#4,back bend prep,& backbend flow#1, handstand, inversions.

Netta, we are going to the zoo tomorrow. I was just trying to incorporate some of tomorrow's workout into today so I can get it done quickly. It will be fun.

Hi to everyone,
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

What a day. I was so busy at work. I didn't even get out of there on time.

Debbie - glad your back is okay.

Diana Sue - so you buy the Saucony Cross Trainers? That's what I'm going to get next time I order. I love my Saucony's but I want to see what the Cross Trainers are like for lateral support. Thanks again for the recipes. (Is you foot pain close to your arch?)

Netta - Yes, I got my tests. I forgot to post about it...probably cuz i was mad that he says I need surgery. I'm not in menopause and my ultrasound was normal. He said I need an ablation & D&C. I don't really want surgery, so we're trying me on Progesterone for 2 months to see what happens.

Hi to everyone else.

Good evening,

Meaghan, if you do not have the equipment at home you can do lat pulldowns with heavy tubing and a door attachment.

Lora, they have some black/purple Saucony crosstrainers that I really want. Boy I just want everything I guess:) I will probably wait awhile though.

Diane Sue

Thanks Diane Sue. I never thought about that. It would make it easier. Even though my mom is a minute away, it is alot more convenient WO at home.
Again I hope your foot feels better.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/154/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.