Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Jan 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Maniacs -

This morning I did about 20-25 minutes of Champion Rebounding - Kickboxing segment (love this) about 35-40 minutes of Rebecca Small's Step 2 Success. I did the segments I know (pretty much) and added some impact to it with hopping, etc. I did the stretch from Seasun's The Next Step. Total workout was 55 minutes and I burned 375 calories. I used a new combo as a cooldown since I was learning it. I always am so stumped first run thru and then it gets easier the second run thru.....can't believe I'm doing this complex of step. I still have to leave the turns out for a while and add them in later, but I added a couple turns to segments I knew better this morning. I just realized the title of this sounds good for my new job.

Sorry I haven't been on. I"m still not really used to getting ready for work in the AM and I'm always running late. Last night, I sat down at the computer around 7:30 to post and I wrapped a blanket around me, as I was freezing, and the next thing I knew it, I woke up at 8:30. I went out to watch GH and saw about 5-10 minutes of it and then woke up and it was 10. So I went to bed. Then I had the weirdest dream last night with Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chili Peppers) and Josh Todd (Buckcherry)........bizzarre....I know. Must be the job stress making me dream weird.

I hope I can learn this job. It's really different than anything I've done and there's lots of new technology I need to learn for my job. Yesterday, the Clerk tried to show me how to scan a document and make it a PDF file, but she kept screwing up, so my notes aren't very good. They started giving me work yesterday (little bit of typing). I'm still not answering phones. I'm still trying to find where files go -- sounds easy......but it's not!!! I'm so slow at it and my pile is huge cuz Jay cleaned his office out.

I've never worked in such a nice place before (at least since I've been clean). Most of the people are very pleasant. There are SO Many Attorneys. I guess there's 10 Partners and then there's a bunch of Associates and Paralegals, as well as Administrative Assistants and Clerks.

Not really liking working Downtown yet, but I only know of one place for food right now. I'm too nervous to venture out yet and it's been freezing outside. The building I work in is freezing and I can't stay warm. It's been wreaking havoc on my pain in my shoulders, back, neck, head, etc. The stress has made my pain a lot worse also. My traps are like cement.

Well enough of my complaining and babbling. Now y'all know why I haven't posted. Didn't think you'd want to hear it.

Have great workouts. I'll try to peek in from work.......but it's pretty busy there.

Thanks for all of the support ladies.

Charlotte - I didn't say anything fancy for my Inquisition. I got 4 of them. 2 Agony - 2 Ecstasy. 2 Babydoll tee's and 2 Xtra large to sleep in.

Speaking of shopping. I got my Wen Hair care. My hair's silky smooth. I think you would only like this stuff if you have colored or heat damaged hair (like myself). I put the Fig Oil in my hair overnight and then used the Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner with my styling cream.

I also ordered the new Tae Bo Series. Ampliefied...or something like that. Sounds a little more advanced than the past stuff....let's hope so. Also, the new CIA's go on presale next week, so I'm hoping to have money to get those (yikes.....I'm broke!!).

Lora- so glad to see you posting in your proper form LOL!! Good WO. You are doing well with your job, and it will get better. I was the same as you when I started working at the TV station when i first moved back here. It didn't take long, especailly if you work with nice people. Hang in there! Sorry about the pain though. Hey, that dream doesn't sound half bad! I will have to check out that hair care. Have a good day. We always want to hear about everything going on Lora, don't worry about that!

Well, good morning Wonder Women! I am pllanning UB today. Not sure if I will do cardio too or not. I want more yoga though. Felt so good yesterday. I forgot to mention that for the first time yesterday I held a perfect (well almost) straight leg V sit for the full count, and then I also was able to go from that position to laying down slowly without just dropping my feet. That was a proud moment since I have been trying to do that for like 2 years!

I hope all of yo uare having good mornings!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Ouch..ouch..ouch..my biceps!!!! Dang! Last night after that intense bicep/back work, I went to get some milk and a few other things. I could hardly carry the gallon of milk. This morning...oh, my! I worked it good!

This is what I did yesterday (I could not hear Tony so I just watched with my Korn music blaring as there were too many distractions with dd, FIL, etc. so I just went with 8-10 reps, I don't know if I was suppose to do more, etc.)

Wide Front Pull Ups (sub. lat pulldowns) 80# and 15x's

Lawnmowers 35# and 8x's (should have gone to 40)

Twenty Ones 25's 10x's

One Arm Crossover 35's and 8x's

Switch Grip Pullups 8 unassisted and finished with 12

Elbow Out Lawnmowers 30#

Standing Bicep Curls 30's and 8x's

One Arm Concentration Curls 30's and 8x's

Corn Cob Pullups 12 assisted

Bent Over Reverse Grip 30's and 8x's

One Arm Curls 25's and 16'x

Towel Pullups 8 for each side

Congdon Locomotives 30's and 25x's

Crouching Congdon Cruls 20's and switched to 15's 10x's

Corkscrew Curls 25's and switched to 20's and 8x's

Chin Ups 14 assisted

Seated Bent Over Back Flyes 15's then switched to 12's and 12x's

Curl Up/Hammer Down 25's and 8x's

Hammer Curls 30's and dropped to 25's and finished 8x's

Max Rep Pullups 12 assisted

In/Out Hammer Curls 20's (feeling very fatigued at this point) and did 8x's

Strip Set Curls 25's and 6x's, again 4x's and another 4x's.

Looks like Yoga X today.

Charlotte~~

Chin, my face hit the floor.I thought i did good w/muscle Max
God am i ever hacking. I am draining down my throat bad.I sound like a man right now...
I have pre-op today at 4 . Wish me luck....
Tonite is cardio if i can breathe...LOL. I will get on the treadmill so i can adjust..Well gonna go take something to unclog me..I hate being sick. It is a bummer...

Lora is back....to normal....LOL... You will be fine at work. Giver her some time.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Dang Char, excellent workout. I don't know what half those moves are but the poundage is VERY impressive. GREAT GOING!!! You are a TRUE MANIAC!!!

Today is my rest day. Good day to rest because Gym Style Legs kicked my butt! I am sore today like I haven't been in a long time. Especially in my legs. Feels GREAT!!!

Have great workouts, everyone!

Good Morning, For my rotation I am planning on getting all of the P90X strength workouts in on Wed - Fri, Yoga/stretch on Sat. Sun rest and Mon a Total body workout and Tues cardio and abs. I am changing things up for awhile. I may switch this off with the Gym Styles every couple of weeks. I will also add cardio into this.

Charlotte, you got in some great weight work yesterdaay. You do so good on those biceps. I max out at 25's most of the time and have to drop weight a lot. I have no bicep soreness this morning. My back & lats are a little sore though.

Anne, good luck with the preop stuff today:) I hope everything goes well for you and you get to feeling better.

Lora, if I put an oil on my head at night I would wake up with zits all over the place:) It sounds like you had a fun workout today. With so many new workouts I don't see how you have time to get all of that choreography. I think I would be confused.

Have a great day everyone,
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs! Today is CC3 and bonus Abs from Butts and Guts.

Lora- I'm so glad you like the people at your new job. Sounds like you are going to do well there. Can't you take some kind of heating pad or something to keep you warm at work?

Char-Great job on killing the biceps! Are your triceps strong too? I'm always thinking of balancing the muscles. :) My biceps and tris are in good balance for strength, I think. My tris maybe being alittle stronger.

Meg- Great job on the sraight leg V sit! Those are tough for me to hold for a long time too. I have a hard time straighening my legs on alot of ab work. It's like it's unnatural feeling and stains my back. Yet, I can do a hamstring stretch fairly well with straight legs. I don't get it.

Anne- I hope you get rid of this cold before real op day! You want to heal as fast as you can. Are you going to show pics? I'm really most excited to see the face changes.:)

Debbie-enjoy your rest day.

Diane Sue- So, you are going to do put 3 P90X strength workouts into 2 days. Are you going to do like legs and back and add on to that? Kinda
break them up to fit into 2 days? Don't tell me you are doing ALL of them each day? :)

Well off to eat breakfast.

Talk later...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hello Ladies!

Woke up with a migraine. x( When, oh when is that Tomamax going to kick in? 6-8 weeks he says. I can't wait! I took Imitrex about 4am and that didn't work so I took some pain pills they gave me. Knocked me out. I woke up at 7:15 and had to be at work at 8!! I jumped in the shower and got to work at 8:15. No yoga. :( And I was actually looking forward to it. MY BICEPS HURT MORE THAN THEY'VE EVER HURT BEFORE EVER EVER EVER. Oh my gosh! I can hardly move my arms to reach my mouse!!! Any other P90Xers experiencing this? Crazy.

Lora - Your job sounds like a challenge but you're a smart woman and you will get it all. You're also very determined and strong. This is nothing you can't handle. You'll master it all in no time. Get a good, warm sweater to keep at work so you can stay warm. I hate being cold. We all have sweaters in our office. We all have little heaters too even though we're not allowed to have them.

Meg - Congrats on the v sit! That is TOUGH!!!

Char - Oh good. It's not just me. Isn't that just nuts?????

Storm - Good luck today. How very exciting! I do hope you feel better too.

Debbie - Have a great rest day. Nice to have DOMS, huh?

Diane Sue - I don't know if I mentioned this, but your workout the other day when you did a P90X workout plus Ab Ripper and then a couple of other workouts - WOW! I think I'm doing good to get in a P90X AND Ab Ripper X. And look at you go!!! No wonder you look so awesome. Well, that and the wonderful way in which you eat. :)

Dallys - Have a great workout!

Where's Jeanette these days???

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Char, before I forget, how are you measuring body fat? Not that I really want to know mine. Geez, I won't even step on the scale. My scale has water% and BF%, but I really don't think it's accurate, if so last I checked it was 19 one day and 23 the next. I don't believe it, I wish I didn't believe the #, but little dispute to that I guess.

Anne...don't worry I will never have that low of body fat, I don't think it's possible for me. But I do wish I had Char and Diane sue's abs...that would be way cool.

Diane Sue, yeah!! p90xer 1/2 time, when did you first do the rotation, I'm thinking you probably already answered this, sorry.

Lora..I use a portable heater at work, I can't be cold I hate being cold, makes me want to go to bed. Give me a sauna anyday. DH hates it, I'm always cold.

Dallys..no turkey eh, I did pull that picture up of the pelican close, he probably thought you were food. Meant to tell you (or maybe did) when I lived in CA, those sea lions were everywhere on the docks of San Fran, it used to tick people off because they were taking up pricey dock slots and wouldn't move. They do smell..bad, but what a sight, they make the strangest noises too.

I must have missed netta's post yesterday, I'll go back and check.

Meg...are you talking about those v'up sit ups like in abripperx? those are tough, I could only do 7 very slowly last night, for some reason it hurts my lower back, I always want to put my hands under the small of my back to help out. yeah..cheating.LOL

Suz..Netta Char..Did you notice, Tony had very few instructions and tips for this workout, I felt like I was stumbling through some of the stuff I didn't know. And, for some reason my legs are really stiff this week, (glutes do hurt a bit) but I am not sore in my biceps yet. I was lifting no where near what Char is though. For me it was 15's for the first few rounds of bi's and then 10's, even 8's near the end. Also for lat pulldown's I was doing 90's when they called for pull ups and chin up's. I did like that girl in the back, she had a way more realistic struggle then dreya and blam and that sit up queen lady.

Hi randi...Hi deb (supposed to be 57 here today, coming your way)

back to work, It's yogax tonight I hope, I think.

Amber

Deb- B&G has no cardio, and I have never done Gym Style legs, but I have done L&G, and B&G is way harder! It is non stop burning! It is a must to do!! I LOVE IT! And the premixes, like the leg blast, is amazing and will fry you! You HAVE to do it. IMHO! LOL!!

Amber- that V sit is similar to AbRx, but it was during yoga, so you start with hands down tehn knees up, then you put your hands up, and straighten your legs, and just hold it. It is tough. Those ones in ARx sometimes bother my back to. I have to be in just the right position. Hard.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Deb, no cardio.I do have to break to stretch on it. I really get tight on this w/o. The walking lunges and the little jumps are killers.The one legged squats make me shake in it. I think it is way harder than legs and glutes and GS legs. Of course it is newer and i may not be used to it.

I will show ya pictures . I will private e-mail them if you want to see. I am hoping the Psurgeon gives me something. I am scared to take stuff. Don't know what i am allowed to take.

I want to do cardio tonite. KPC sounds good today. I hope i am feeling better. I am totally sick of being sick. I just had a kid in here with the flu.. Geese...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Amber - That's so cool! I can't wait. Thank you!!! I'm going to be in concert soon. Hehehe.

I still can't get over how sore my biceps are. Crazy I tell you. I do love it though. Anyone want tickets to the show? :p

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I'll be there front and center Suz!

I completed my UB WO. Did LIC UB sculpt premix, BM2 UB (did not do double), BM2 double abs, then stretch. I matched Cathe's weight on everything. I think I am going to try 8s instead of 5s for some of the tricep work next time, maybe. Feel good and tight! I wanted to do yoga, but amybe tonight when i have time after work.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

The realtor called and someone wanted to look at our house so I didn't get in the extra stretching I wanted. I had to throw myself in the tub, and straighten up the house really fast. I grabbed some leftover casserole I made last night with quinoa, veggies and shrimp in it. No breakfast.
Anyway I started my workout with LIC premix cardio blast no str, then I did P90X legs skipping the back since I did that yesterday, I followed with 2 sets of 10 reps ea. Bowflex leg extensions, leg curls and barbell hack squats with heal elevated, then I did Low Max intervals 4-7 and str. I decided to do the abwork off of Amy Bento APX and did intend more stretching but had to leave.
I did the workout as follows
Balance lunge
Squat/calves 35# dumbbells
Super Skaters 10# dumbbells
wall squats holding 15# dumbbells
step back lunges 25#dumbbells
alternating side lunge 20#dumbbells
one leg wall squats 15# dumbbells
Deadlift squats 10# dumbbells
3 way lunge 10# dumbbells
sneaky lunge no weight
chair salutation no weight
toe roll iso lunges 15# dumbbell
groucho walk holding 12# dumbbells
calf raises 25# dumbbells 80-20 seiber speed squats no weight did all of the jumps
Leg extensions Bowflex 160# resistance
Leg Curls Bowflex 80# resistance
Hack squats 50# barbell

Dallas, I had to go back and read what I wrote:) I meant doing it in 3 days. I will do it like this:
Monday a total body workout
Tuesday cardio and abs
Wednesday Back & Biceps
Thursday Legs and abs
Friday Chest Shoulders and Triceps and back from legs and back
Saturday cardio and abs yoga/stretch
Sunday rest

Suz, I almost choked on my cookie when I read your post about my good eating habits:) I was so hungry when I came back from sitting out in the park that I grabbed the first thing that was quick to shovel down:( There was not much casserole left when I ate that before I left. I made cookies with the grandchildren yesterday. I will eat healthy this evening though. I hope your migraine gets better. I remember my dd trying Topamax for awhile. I cannot remember if it helped though. If I remember right it helped her lose weight though.

I have to run and pick up the grandchildren.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Just finished Yoga X. Took some yoga pictures too. I am really liking the yoga. I feel so relaxed. I will upload them tomorrow and read all the post tonight.

Gotta go, Maniacs

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.