Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Jan 10

acatalina

Cathlete
Morning hardcores..
Got my butt up. Starting to wake automatically. Just need some wake up coffee..

Heading to do p 90 x ub and i think it is abs and core..
Let you know how it goes. From the quick preview i guess i need chairs for now.
Hope the wrist holds out.
The free green band is a tight one.Wow.
Not sure if i will be using it right away..

Am i going to hurt tomorrow??

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Kenpo X+. I repeated a little bit to make it just a tad longer. If I would have got up earlier, I'd have gone longer....but I slept in a bit. I worked hard thru the cardio breaks to keep my HR up and had a halfway decent workout....but not WAY intense. Workout was 53" and I burned 518 calories. I also did Sattva Fitness Yoga 30".

My pain is flaring today. Not sure how long I'm going to last with all of these pushups and pullups. I'll give my body a couple of weeks to adjust, but if I don't I'm going to have to try and figure something else out. I don't know which moves are doing it but my traps are severely spasmed and I have my spasm that runs from the base of my skull on the right and goes all the way down my right trap into the back and all the way into my sciatica. I go for my neck/back appt today....but all they will do for me is refill my meds.......and not help me any other way.

I just got this yoga DVD from Fitness Organica's sale and it's pretty good. I'll use it a lot cuz it's short. I also got another one that looks pretty good and a special price on a 1/2 stretch DVD for $2!!

Toasty - are you gonna take the job at Tasty Freeze? That's great news. At least you won't have to learn everything again! I wish I knew my job@ I"m struggling with learning. I think I have to much brain cell damage from my past life! I got my Yoga pants from Trading Post and they are nice....but I got the Bellandonna's instead of the Dagger's....cuz I thought I'd be able to wear them to work on Thursdays, but they are sort of too "athelticy" and tight for work....so I wish I'd gotten the dagger ones now!!

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning, today is supposed to be yoga X. I will go do it in awhile. I didn't get much sleep and woke with a headache. I did the Kickbox section of Kimberly Spreen's Triple threat 29 min. and 10 minute solution trouble zone with Amy Bento Abs segment. I laughed during Kimberly's when she winked at the camera and she kept trying to adjust her pants:0 I hardly broke a sweat with that workout.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I made it. I can only do 5 chinups. I think i am gonna go to Dicks and get the arm holders for the hanging leg work. it was doing havoc on my wrists.
My goal at 9 weeks 20 pull ups..
I could have gone a little heavier on the weights , but this is 1st week.
He does some interesting ab work i will say..
Have a great day all.

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Today was cardio. I did Cardio Coach #5. I really hate challenge #1 of this workout. It's 3 - 4 min. hill climbs. They kill me. My legs are really sore from yesterday's workout anyways, so that didn't help either. I can't believe how sore I am all over today. I definitely wasn't the lion today. Maybe a tiger? LOL!

[font color=indigo]Cardio Stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]54 minutes
45 minutes in zone
341 calories burned
3.26 miles travelled
[/font]

There is some guy that starts talking at the end of the last challenge. He sounds like Michael Jackson. What happened to that man (?) anyways? He use to be so cool.

Have great workouts everyone!

Morning everyone, today is supposed to be cardio but it's a busy day, hopefully I can squeeze it in later. Have a great day girls.:)

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is another rest day. Starting the X tomorrow.

Lora,

I know exactly what you mean with all the pushups and pullups. Aggravates my traps too. There are just certain moves that get my right side of neck, trap and shoulder area. Usually when I bench and then do pullovers. On ocassion, the Zottman Curls will cause it to. My wrist aren't the greatest either. Doing snow angels along with Cathe sometimes really challenges my wrist. They aren't too bad, but I can't stay in a position where my wrist are challenged for too long.

Haven't heard back from Tastee Greez yet. Yeah, I hate learning new things again too especially when your gonna be rushed waiting on people and you don't know what you are doing at first. Very nerve-wracking!

Anne,

Yeah, your probably gonna hurt tomorrow. No doubt. I can't wait to try some of these new ab moves. Weather getting cold again. Basement has been freezing lately. I start stripping when I get going though. lol.

Debbie,

Seem like a lion to me. That was a good cardio workout. Whatcha talking about? lol.

Morning All,

Today was cardio. I did the IMAX 3 blast only premix. Had fun and worked hard! I will say I was a little nervous at first because this is the one I fell on last week. But I am happy to say I kept my feet under me this morning.:p

Have a great day!
Linda

Linda,

At least you got back up if you fell. Heard Imax 3 is so hard that some may want to crawl into fetal position and stay on floor.:p I haven't tried it yet. Only have Imax 2.

Char,

Hey, thanks. Actually, I fell on the first challenge last week and still finished the workout with the side of my head throbbing. This was the first time I did the blast only premix. I did the blast only premix with Imax 2 on Tuesday, IMAX 3 is definitely harder. Both straight and with blast only.

Linda

Mornin Maniacs!

This morning did IMAX2. Have an afternoon weights class to teach and then I'm gonna try to do legs this evening...we'll see.

Toasty - Fetal position w/IMAX3...LOL!!!!!

Deb - On the cardio coaches, do they tell you the speeds to set your treadmill on are do they have you go by perceived exertion?

Linda - Good job on making it through IMAX3...even better that you had the gut to go for it again...good job!

Anne - Smart move to take it easy...20 pullups? You go girl...let us know if you get there.

Adina - Hope you get that workout in.

Hi Everyone...Take care!

http://1ww.us/1/Marietta.gif[/img]
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Morning Maniacs! I'm sore from yesterdays Total-body +. Mostly my triceps and my abs are killing me! Those hanging ab exercises are the BOMB! Hoping to get some good ab definition with these. I have Kenpo + on tap for later today. Scale hasn't budged and I'm doing so well. I don't get it... Frustrated.

Great workouts so far everyone!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Marietta- Cardio coaches use your heart rate zones and tells you before hand what's coming. Like, "get ready for 4 hill climbs. You'll want to be in the orange zone and then on the 4th climb we'll push for the red zone"! HRM's are needed with these. IMO.

Anne-20 Pullups! You gone crazy girl! Good luck!

Thanks Dallys...that's what I was thinking. I like the iTreads alot because you can use the panels on the treadmill and they pace you according to speed. You can choose to walk, fast walk, jog, run, or anything in between. I think it just comes down to a matter of perference...

http://1ww.us/1/Marietta.gif[/img]
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Nice workouts everyone! Don't have much time for personals so I just wanted to say that! :)

Anne - 20 pullups! You go girl! You will way surpass me with that number! Woo hoo!!!!

Marietta - So do the iTreads tell you what's coming? You didn't answer me and I need to know! LOL! I have a bunch of iTreads, I just have never listened to them or done them yet. See Dally's response about Cardio Coach. :)

Hey Maniacs! Have you all seen Cathes update on her new STS series?
It looks really good. I see she's going to have Pullups and I see an option in the leg workouts for use of a SQUAT RACK! How cool is that? Go read NOW!

Hey Maniacs!

Today was Interval X+ and Abs/Core+ for me. I can't believe how much strength I have gained in my core from just a little over a week of doing this! How is everyone else liking it? I am going to try and do some Yoga later but that depends on me tackling the pile of stuff that is growing on my desk.

Anne-Yes, I think you will be sore but that is why we do this isn't it?;) What are the arm holders you are getting from Dick's? Does that help with the hanging ab work?

Lora-I feel the exact same way about Kenpo. Are you going to keep modifying or sun another workout? I'm strongly leaning toward doing a different workout altogether for that.

Debbie-Thanks for the welcome:) I don't have CC #5 yet but if you think its hard I should definitely be scared:p

Linda- Congrats on your injury free workout!

Charlotte-Imax3 is definitely a challenge in my opinion but I think it only made me cry once lol!

Almost forgot-Has anyone checked out the new info on STS yet? Yikes!!!! 37 DVD's?

Have fun with your workouts everyone!

Coni

Hey Everyone,

I'm gonna start the P90X+ tonight. I have plans tomorrow to go out with family. I was gonna start on Saturday, but think I'll do tonight. I'm gonna do UB/ABs.

I did see the STS of Cathe's and they sound really good! I think I'll be making that investment! The only equipment we don't have is the squat rack, so we'll have to improvise somehow.

Just wanted to check in, looks like everyone is getting in some great w/o's. I'll let you all know if I survive Tony tonight!!! I can tell ya, I'm really week in my upper body, so I'm hoping to get in at least 3 pull-ups! YIKES!

Have a great day everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.