Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs 4-8

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I work the early shift today.........so at least I get out of there at 6:00 rather than 9.....but boy 4:30 am was brutal! Only 4 hours of sleep. I had a lousy workout. I'm actually gonna start tracking my workouts better by making a note on the days I only get 4 hours sleep to see if that is the culprit always.

I did Fitstix Fusion (have not clicked with this one!) I couldn't wait for it to be over, but I did not pop it out, as I wanted to use the Fitstix sticks (as I heard some ladies at VF were getting a bit more "cut" on top from these). Maybe I'll try using the sticks with Leslie workouts listening to my own music.....as it would make for a more fun workout. I have not felt like working out lately. In a funk........I think I need some new workouts! HA HA!! Only problem is....can't find anything I don't have!! LOL

Linda - I certainly hope your shoulder is okay.

Deb - I think Sonny and Dante are alike in that they are bull-headed and determined and stand up for what they believe in. I'm mad that Dante hates Sonny. Christina is still on my nerves. Can you believe her boyfriend died? Good Riddens woman beater!! LOL. Soap opera drama! :rolleyes:

Hermia - Hi......nice to see you around. How's the kitties? Someone posted the cutest video on Facebook of a kitty. I put it on my FB profile page. This kitty is bird watching ....balancing on his hind legs for the longest time. It's hilarious.

Lori - I've always embraced my inner bad A@# Lately, moreso than usual. I've been having to stand up for myself and fight for my sales at work....claim my territory, etc. I hate it.....but to my surprise - it seems to be working. A couple girls I had to go off on pretty bad recently are finally starting to respect the boundaries....but I doubt it will last. It might have something to do with the day I was opening stock and throwing boxes around, pounding on them when I was opening them ....while staring at them with my bad A@# look. LOL I'm a bit crazy. I think there might have been a full moon...which always makes me crazier! HA. Let me know if you have any questions on KB DVDs....although a lot of ladies here are knowledgeable as well.

Hi to everyone else.

Took another rest day. Neck is still spasming a bit. It was throbbing this morning when I got up but now it seems to be ok. I'm sure sleeping is irritating it. I feel almost 100% better, though. Last night I heated it up and then massaged it out. The knots are almost all gone now. I will do cardio tomorrow and then take the rest of the weekend off and hopefully be back with my rotation on Monday.

Fingers are crossed.

Lora-sorry the workout wasn't the best. I doubt I would do good either w/ that little of sleep.

Debbie-I'm glad you are listening to your body and resting. I know how frustrating it can be though when your mind wants to go, but your body has it's heels dug in :(

Hermia-I hope to give up sugar in general (especially candy). I have really noticed how much it affects my mood and my body. I'm sure it won't be 100% all the time, but I hope to eliminate it as much as possible.

No workout for me yesterday either. We had people out to estimate house paint and repairs, and they talked a good while. I think they are used to the good ol' boy conversations where you gain business by talking someone to death. I am from the school of thought of WRAPPING IT UP and the BOTTOM LINE :eek: not a 4 hour conversation that could be finished in 2 minutes.....good grief. :rolleyes: Good night things are not cheap, but it needs to be done. Today I should get something in-I'm thinking circuit blast.

Theresa

Debbie - I am so proud of you for being so good to yourself!

Theresa - Four Hours!!!:eek::eek::eek: Yikes I think I would have told them to shut up already!:p

I scheduled my appointment for the orthopedist for Monday. My legs still have major DOMS in my legs (I don't think the run yesterday helped:p) I also have major DOMS in my Triceps and some mild DOMS in my Biceps. Got up this morning still dreading cardio, couldn't figure out what to do so ended up running short on time and ended up doing HIIT 30/30. Feel guilty that I didn't do more. Oh, and no squat thrust jumps for me, I subbed in forward hops with a jump.

And I lost another pound!:D:D:D:D

Can anyone tell me why Cathe's ticker's are so darn hard to use??:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I have tried everything to update it to 3.4 # but it just stays the same.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry Linda-I am no help on the tickers. And I must admit, I tend to exaggerate a tad. The conversation was more like 1.5 hours, but it felt like 4. Still, it could have been wrapped up in two minutes :D And ^^^^^^^^^ 5's on your weight loss :)

Linda - Nice job on the weight loss! I am very proud of you. To change the stupid ticker you first have to go into your signature and delete it. Then clean out your cookies on your PC. Then go into the ticker thing and make the changes and make sure you click on "put in my signature" or something like that. That should fix it. Not sure why you have to go through all that just to change the stupid thing. Someone should complain to SNM about it.

Good Morning - Had a HARD TIME getting into Imax 3 yesterday. I swear, a lot of times I'm more tired and even "winded" during the warm-up than the intervals. It's just the shift out of park into ... any other gear. By the 3rd interval though, I was great! Wasn't ready to be done by the end, so I tacked some kickbox and kettlebell swings (Lora style) on (about a half hour). My first practice run with swings. I watched instructional clips for about ever - just didn't want to jack something up. They felt really good though. Wanted to do a lot more than I did -- being careful. Today? I just don't know. I can start a new weights rotation now but haven't figured anything out. Will come up with ... something today and begin it tomorrow.

Debbie - Guess what I was humming all afternoon :rolleyes: ? Ds heard me and asked what it was. We ended up having this youtube 80's retro music blast last night: Split Enz, Devo, Missing Persons, Psychadelic Furs and on and on ... A lot of fun. Glad you're being careful. Hard to do when things are "almost" 100% but not quite. Crossing my fingers for you, too :D .

Linda - I couldn't sleep last night - stumbled onto something about ... rotator cuffs on the net. Of all things. Really weird. Wasn't looking for it at all but it sure made me think of you.
http://alwyncosgrove.com/ Not sure if any of this applies to you. If nothing else, it's an interesting take on shoulder issues. Sorry the x-rays were a dead end. Sometimes no news is good news, sometimes though it's just ... no news :confused: . Hope you get some answers soon.

Lora - Four hours sleep is really tough. I've got sleep problems, so I empathize. It's pretty amazing you still get your workouts in - "lousy" or not. I think the inner bad@&# is a great thing (don't leave home without it). It's funny - I tend to really feel mine sometimes during workouts. I'll find out I'm angry or frastrated about something I hadn't been addressing and that's where my power comes from. Very cleansing to tap into that and let it out. Really sucks that you have to do that to make it through a work day, though :( . Btw, awhile ago I'm pretty sure it was you that posted a link to a kettlebell swing instructional on Skwigg's blog. That was really helpful to me (as have been other links and suggestions you've made). So thanks. I watched that thing twice before trying them out yesterday and they felt "right on." Woo hoo :D !

Hermia - I can't believe your fiance backed out on doing Star Wars eggs??!!! Are you still going to do them? Circuit Blast is such a fun workout. I think it's the different stuff - slightly new variations on exercises and it moves so quickly. Maybe I'll do that one today :) .

Theresa - Sounds like you had an exercise in PATIENCE last night. That type of personality is tough to deal with. They're usually very nice so I don't want to be rude to them but my eyes start to glaze over and parts of me start falling asleep and ... it's frustrating. Hope you have a great workout today :D !!! Also, on the sugar - I've a history of problems with it (periods where I mostly lived on hard candy - and I'm not exaggerating :eek: ). I mostly stay away from it but the last few weeks it's been "sneaking" back in. It started with my "allowing" myself one cup of coffee with sugar in it. Sounds pretty innocent. Now it's more like one (or two) cups of sugar with some coffee in it. I really need to reel it in and have told myself that but ... :confused: . So. I'd like to be in on the sugar break up if that's ok with you?

Hope everyone has a good morning!

I got up at 4 am
icon_eek.gif
Did my workout and then took the girls to school and went to the big Target for veggies and fruits and then Michaels for picture frames. We bought a couple of paintings in Jamaica and I wanted frames.
Workout today was Amy's Step Challenge 3 Ultimate NRG mix. This was about 35 minutes of cardio including the power ups and both ab segments and stretch 80 minutes 439 calories Max hr was 157. Then I did MMA Boxing Heavy Bag 19 minutes, 156 calories Max HR 162. Total calories burned was 595 and workout was 99 minutes

Lora-nice work. I think Imax 3 is a bear of a workout. Glad you are liking the kb work :D Good luck picking a new rotation. And yes, yesterday was an exercise in patience......of which I have NONE :eek:

diane sue-nice workout as usual. I need to break out ASC 3 again soon so I can learn combo's 3-5....

Theresa

Diane Sue - That was quite a workout :D ! How is Amy's cueing for step? I have a couple of her weight training and kickboxing dvd's, but haven't tried anything else.

Lori

Lora - You can't be mad at Dante hating Sonny. His whole life has been about bringing the guy down. You don't just turn that off when you know what the guy does for a living. Can you believe Kiefer died? That shocked me.

Theresa - I know what you mean about people just yammering away for hours. I'm the same as you, get in - get out. I'm not much of a talker so that kind of stuff irritates me. Glad you are getting your house done! It certainly is not cheap.

Linda - Seems you are in the cardio dread that I'm in lately. Hope it passes fast. Mine seems to be not as bad as it was 2 weeks ago. Hope the orthopedic can help you. Something is obviously wrong there. Also, I wrote out how to change the ticker on here, not sure you seen my post.

Lori - Nice job on Imax 3. That one has a real dread factor for me. LOL on the songs you checked out. Love Missing Persons. Need to get that CD out again. All of those you mentioned are great bands. Love the 80s music!

Diane Sue - Nice workout today. Yikes on getting up at 4 a.m. Are you having trouble sleeping?

Hermia - Why are you still coloring eggs? Did I miss something. LOL!

Debbie - I saw your post on the tickers and did what you said and it is still wrong!!!!! Sure hoping the Ortho can help ,e as well, grocery shopping about did me in today.

Theresa
- Thanks for the link, it was pretty interesting.

DianeSue - I haven't done Amy step in forever. Nice job!@

Linda - Sorry about that. I know I had to delete it from my signature manually and then I deleted my cookies. That seemed to work for me. You'd think it would just work when you go into the stupid ticker thing and make the changes. I think I'm going to post something to SNM about and see what they say.

Lora, if I only had 4 hours of sleep I would be dragging. You did good.

Theresa, good luck with eliminating the sugar. I am sure your house will look nice when it is done. Keeping up with a home is quite expensive. We try to do as much as we can ourselves. Once when our children were still living at home we had them paint our house:D DH did the trim work and I did the shutters. It was a big project.

Linda, nice job with the doms;) Good luck with the orthopedist Monday. I have never tried using one of those tickers before. I hate complicated stuff.

Lori, I haven't done an I Max in a long time. I guess I should break one out again. For some reason my calorie burns don't seem so good with them even though I feel like I am working hard. I have less energy and ambition early in the morning than if I have a couple of hours to get fully awake to do the workouts.
I would say Amy's step workouts have improved since the first one as far as being able to follow. She does spins and turns thich took me awhile to learn. I like the Power Up segment on Step Challenge 2 better than 3. Mainly because I am always finding myself on the wrong side of the step. I just keep going anyway. They are fun once you get them down. I think her hardest workouts to follow are the older Hi/Lo ones. You should try her Absolute Beginner Kettlebell 3-in1 workout. It is not sold on her site though. It has a tutorial, a beginner and an intermediate workout on it. They are not real long workouts.

Debbie, I slept well the last couple of nights. The vacation and first days home left me exhausted. I am trying to turn my hours around and wanted to get in a decent workout before I took my granddaughters to school. I have other errands to run this afternoon when I go back out so just trying to pack it all in:) Didn't you do a tabata workout rotation awhile back? Did you like it? I got my new Gym Boss and was thinking that I need to try something with it. I guess I can use it on the treadmill too.

Debbie, I slept well the last couple of nights. The vacation and first days home left me exhausted. I am trying to turn my hours around and wanted to get in a decent workout before I took my granddaughters to school. I have other errands to run this afternoon when I go back out so just trying to pack it all in:) Didn't you do a tabata workout rotation awhile back? Did you like it? I got my new Gym Boss and was thinking that I need to try something with it. I guess I can use it on the treadmill too.

Yes, I did do a Tabata workout a while ago. I got it from the men's M&F Magazine. I still have it. Maybe I can scan the pages for you and email them to you. Would you like to see it? I can get it done this weekend for you.

Okay, so I walk away from the computer, even leave the house for a few hours, come back to check in and now the stupid ticker is right! Grrrrr!:mad:

I don't know if you remember about a month ago we had gotten DS a bunny that died a week later. Well, last Wednesday we got him a new bunny that looked identical to the first one just a little older. Well can you believe I found that poor bunny dead today!!!:(:(:(:( Again exactly one week. You know people say black cats are bad luck, for me it's black bunnies!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Debbie, I would really appreciate it. I looked at one in Muscle and Fitness Hers and was surprised that biceps didn't seem to be worked in it.

Linda, I am so sorry about the bunny. Did you get this one from the same place? I wonder why? Were you just feeding it rabbit food? I know raw potatoes are poison to rabbits. Ours ate lots of veggies. He could nibble raisins but we couldn't let him have too many.

Lori - someone at VF just posted a really good instruction on how to do a kettlebell snatch without bruising your wrist (which is what happens to me sometimes). However, it was posted on their Facebook page so I can't link it here........well, I can but you need a FB account to view. The snatch has been the most difficult for me to pick up. Yes, I tap into my inner bad ass for my workouts. It's the push that pushes me and makes me work harder. I sometimes visualize overcoming challenges at work while pushing thru my workouts. I sort of approach my work life like I do my workouts....with hard work and lots of determination and Bad A@#ness! Oh...and I only get 4 hours of sleep on nights I work late and then early the next day. It's impossible to get to bed before midnight when I work till close and I have to get up at 4:30 am to workout before the early shift.........thus the life of retail! It really gets to me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.