HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS THURS 4-1

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIES

Yesterday was STS shoulders and 30 min on the bike doing a spinervals. Workout time was 55 min and I burned 673 calories. The bike REALLY takes it out of me, but I get great calorie burns w/o the impact to my joints (other than my backside ) :p Today will be a squeeze b/c I have a dr. appt and it's Holy Thursday......so I don't know yet.

Hermia-YAY on your new dvd's, and I guess a HAPPY BIRTHDAY is in order. Don't beat yourself up over CCC, it is a mutha' :) I suck wind the ENTIRE way through.
Lori-something is always better than nothing, so good work.
Roselyn-nice workout yesterday :)

Theresa

Last edited:
Ok, so now starts the pity party.

Not sure I mentioned anything on here about this, but last Friday I slept wrong and my neck/shoulder area was all twisted and it was hard for me to turn my head. Since I wasn't working out due to being sick it didn't really matter. So I've been using my massage pillow and heating the area up to warm up the muscles since Friday. It got a little better and hasn't hurt my workouts this week. Until today.

I got up and it hurt real bad. I must have slept wrong again, I can't help but think I might need a new pillow? Can't move my head to the left again and actually I think it's worse then it was Saturday. I tried to do Meso 2, Disc 19 which is Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and got through only 5 sets of bench press and could not go on. It hurt just to unload the bar.

So here I am again, not being able to workout. I am so frustrated.

I took two weeks off to let this body heal. It did. When I came back with this new rotation I felt good as new. Then I get sick one week after I start the rotation, had to take most of last week off and now here I am again in pain and having to take more days off. :mad:

I am heading to a drug store before I go to work to get some Aleve, that seems to be the only stuff that alleviates pain like this for me. I am riding my motorcycle, though. It's too nice today not too. I rode my bike back from my mom's house last night and it didn't hurt my neck so hopefully I'll be ok riding it to work.

Sorry about the vent. I'm just really sick of this crap. I'm trying to get my body in shape for summer and things just keep getting in my way.

I did get on my treadmill when I quit my weight work just to do something today. I burned all of 177 calories. Big woop but I guess it's better then nothing. I just did a slow walk on a 4% incline.

QUESTION: I want to do heat/ice tonight. How long do you alternate the two and how long do you leave each one on the area?

Morning Maniacs -

I'm working 11-8 today. I hope I have some customers. It's gonna be 78 here today! I did not want to work out this morning. I did Tony's One on One - Cardio Med Ball w/ 4 lb ball (modified partly on the Rebounder) and then I did Kung Fu Kickboxing with Tiffany & Max Chen (forgot how much I liked this workout). Workout was 57" with stretch.....but I cleared my HRM before I saw my calorie count!! Makes me mad. I'm sort of neurotic about knowing how many calories I burn! My max HR was only 153....struggled a bit and had enough sleep....so I don't know what that's all about....probably stress related yet again.

Deb - so sorry about your neck. Sadly, I can relate. It sucks to have things interfering with your workouts. You'll heal soon! You don't have a chronic problem.....just think that way. I have a pillow from this website that I really like www.arc4life.com It is a cervical traction pillow. When your head is correctly positioned, it lightly tractions your cervical spine. You can read about it on the website.

Hi to everyone else.

Good Morning -

Debbie - I am so sorry :( :( !! I'd be venting too and extremely bummed :mad: . Hopefully it's just a "crick" from sleeping wrong or something. I think it's ice than heat - about fifteen minutes each. If anyone knows better, please correct me - I'm not positive. I'll pray for a miraculous recovery for you.

Theresa - You've been having great workouts lately (or as usual ;) ). I was thinking about doing something else/more last night. Ds and I ended up playing JACKS of all things. I haven't done that since probably fifth grade :eek: . I found a set in a closet I was cleaning out and started messing with them. Ds saw me and -- next thing you know ... a pretty serious competition. With a 12 year old boy, it had moments of being a contact sport :eek:

Hermia - Happy Birthday! I guess I missed that. I'll have to go back and look for your post.

Linda - Saw your post last night and yah - I really liked that variation with the internal rotation for lateral (and even front) raises. I've seen it in some of Cathe's (and other) workouts. It just "got in" to the muscle fibers a little differently. I used it pretty often until I read about the impingement risk. Do you "enjoy" studying or have to push yourself to do it?

Rosylen - Your workouts look tough. Are you incorporating Insanity into your own rotation now? What are you doing for legs?

Lora - Nice workout! I hope you get a ton of customers today. I'd be a good candidate for a customer and could surely use your help. It takes me about sixty seconds to put on my makeup (and that's probably obvious :eek: ).

I'll be working out later - intervals and then following up with some steady state. I need to schedule some yoga in the next day or so.

Have a great day, everyone!

Debbie-I wish I had the MAGIC WORDS to make you feel better. I can say, I think all of us Maniacs have a tendency to push through things to the point where we are exhausted, overworked, and unmotivated. I had very similar feelings not too long ago, and the break helped me (and your break seemed to help for a brief time). I wonder, do you think you might have went too hard too fast after the cold? I also think most of us put unattainable demands on ourselves at times. My personal suggestion would be for you to STOP following a rotation for a period of time and just do what you feel like doing, or having something somewhat structured but not down to the letter. Maybe new workouts are in order, new toys, etc... This should be fun after all :)

I would alternate 20 min heat, 20 min ice. Also, check out biofreeze (if you haven't already). It helps w/ the muscle soreness. I think a new pillow is in order, and I have been doing the same thing. Are you a side sleeper, back, or stomach?

Lori-I haven't played jacks in year :p Sounds like fun

theresa

Linda - I can't believe you have so much trouble with DSL. We got DSL installed a few months back and it has been awesome. Sounds like the cable is broke and when it gets wet it gives you problems. That sucks!

Lori - My hip flexor is actually much much better lately. It still gets tight on occasion but I can deal with it now. I'm happy about that. It's something how long it takes for torn muscles to heal, isn't it? Hope you have a great workout! Thanks about the ice/heat.

Roselyn - Nice workout yesterday. How are you liking the workouts from Brazilian Butt Lift? Are they hard?

Hermia - That is so cool about your best friend giving you those DVD's for your birthday. That was really nice of her! Happy Birthday, by the way! Sorry I missed it.

Theresa - Nice workout yesterday! You are doing great with doing weights and cardio on the same day. Also, I don't think I could stop a rotation. I make them up to what I want to do and then go with it. A lot of times I'll change the cardio that planned, but other then that I need something to follow.

Lora - Thanks on the link, I'll check it out. I've tried many different types of pillows and nothing really seems to help much. I get so frustrated with this because it happens to me a lot. Seems I'm always having problems with my neck/shoulder area anymore. :(

Debbie-okay that makes sense. I wasn't sure how rigid you were w/ your rotations. I have a tendency to be an all-or-nothing type of girl and rotations make me somewhat crazy. However this new one I made up keeps things fresh. Changing the weight structure and cardio amounts keeps me from getting bored. Have you had a massage lately? The one I got the other day really fixed me right up. :)

Theresa

Debbie, that sucks about the pain...I would think a new pillow wouldn't hurt. At least in my experience sleeping wrong and waking up all tweaky is a rare experience, so for me if it happened more than once in a fairly short interval I would think there was more to it.

Good luck on the customers, Lora!

Haven't worked out yet today (rarely do I workout so early!), but what I'll probably do is yoga class in the early evening.

Hermia - to answer your question from last night. No to get those certs it doesn't take a whole lot of time. Actually you can make it as long or as short as you want it. I usually take about 3 -4 months but I am not cracking the books everyday either.

Lori - I have to push myself to find the time to study, but when I do I absolutely love it and lose track of time.

Debbie - I so sorry that you keep getting side tracked from your fitness goals. I sure hope your neck works itself out soon. When my teeth were hurting I would get a burning pain down the side of my neck.

Okay, now I am going to join Debbie's pity party. My shoulder is killing me!:mad::mad: Went grocery shopping today and every time I reached for something nothing but pain! Drove my dad's truck the other day and shifting hurt! Working the zipper on my stupid pocketbook hurt!:mad::mad: Anyway, I finally made the appointment to go talk to my doctor about it tomorrow. When it hurts more often than not, it's time to go.:(:( I am terrified that they will tell me to stop working out and more terrified that they will do an MRI find damage requiring surgery (then I will really be side lined) Have no idea what I will do for working out tomorrow.

This morning I did 4DS HIS Cardio Only Premix.

Coming back from the post office my neighbor stopped me and wanted to know if ds was selling Crispy Cream (sp?) donuts for school. No idea how she knew but I told her yes. She wants some but also told me she scheduled an appt. at a day spa for next week, just ... because. I guess it includes a massage and facial and manicure/pedicure and body wrap and ... all kinds of other things. She asked if I wanted to go with her. I just laughed (especially when she volunteered the cost: $500 :eek: ). If I were to spend that kind of money on myself, I'd by KETTLEBELLS AND INSANITY AND etc. Really though, I'm mentioning it because when she told me what she was doing my first thought was that about everyone on this thread needs something like that. But would any of you be able to sit still that long?

I feel so bad that just about everyone is (or has been) hurt/injured. Hardcore Fitness Maniac Walking Wounded ... :( .

Somehow it doesn't feel quite right to even mention that I (was able to) work out :confused: . I did finish the interval part of my workout: 25 seconds work, 15 seconds rest. I like that breakdown. It's a bit tougher than 1:1 like 30/30 but not quite as intense as 2:1 as in tabata, so I go straight through without dividing the work into 8 rounds with minute rests like I might with tabata. I did a lot of the intervals on my bike. It was about 40 minutes long but went pretty fast. Ds will have a buddy over tonight (no school tomorrow) and I'll do Step Moves as a break from studying/cleaning.

Many healing vibes to you all.

Linda - Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I think it's good that you will see your doctor about it. Something is definitely really wrong. I'll pray that it's nothing too bad. Maybe just some time will take care of it!!!

Have a great evening everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.