HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS THURS 2/25

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIES-

Yesterday was weights and steady state. I did heavy bag work from MMA Boxing for 15 min after weights.
3x9 for all exercises

1-sumo deadlift-50#
incline db chest press-20's

2-one arm row-25 #
bulgarian split squats-20's

one set of plank w/ seesaw motion
one set of TRX seesaw
one set of leg raises

My abs are still screaming at me from Monday. Today is cardio and I don't know if it will be Insanity or not. What is the cardio power and resistance? I scheduled a LONG overdue massage today. I hope she can help my shoulder area, it is really pissed :mad: If not, I probably need to go see a doctor; I can feel the pop when I move it and I am really starting to lose strength in it.

Linda-my calves are on fire from Tuesday's workout :eek:
Debbie-I have not done step moves yet, so I cannot be of any help there.
Hermia-glad time is permitting some workouts :D

Theresa

Last edited:
Today was cardio and I got up about 10 minutes late. Didn't really feel like doing cardio but I did Tracey's Cardio Kickbox Challenge and about 5 minutes into the workout I was ready to go. Had a great workout and I was sweating like crazy. Not sure what's up with that? I haven't really sweated much since winter hit. I guess this is a good sign. I love sweating.

Love all the combos and this workout went by so fast. It's so fun and now that I know it, I can really give it my all.

CARDIO STATS:
1 hr. 2 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
15 minutes in zone
38 minutes above zone
469 calories burned

I slept in again. I am going to do cardio and abs today. Thought I might have some soreness in my legs today after yesterdays workout but didn't happen:0 Now I find my afternoon plans are going to be hectic.

Linda, my bunny was picky about the litter he used. Don't buy Swheat litter. He started lying around acting funny and I saw him eating it. I read that some bunnies have died from eating that stuff. I used Feline Pine, Natures Miracle(I believe this is made by 3 in 1 company) If you look Walmart has a bag with different packaging but the same stuff and it says 3 in 1 on the back. Sells for a lot less than Petsmart.

Debbie, at least you got a good workout in anyway;) Step moves is a fun workout. I really do enjoy doing it. The choreography isn't to tough to catch either. It is definitely worth getting.

Theresa, nice workout again. I just love that heavybag workout:D

Theresa - It's nice to know that I am not the only one that suffered calf soreness from Insanity. I was thinking what is wrong with me? Sorry to here about shoulder problems, hope the massage helps!

Debbie
- I am so jealous I've only gotten to do that neW Tracey workout once.:(

Today was Insanity Cardio Recovery and I so needed it. Once again I walked away feeling like I wanted to lift some weights for upper body, but for now I can't.:mad:

Linda-the odd thing...I know it's a lot of bouncing around, but I don't see how Insanity is THAT much different than HIIT work. So, I can't understand what is causing all the calf soreness. I used to run and still never came close to the soreness that Insanity is bringing. I may have bit off more than I can chew with this series. However, I am far to bull-headed to quit :D

Morning Maniacs-

I haven't checked in for a while. I've been sick with an upper respiratory thing. I have still been working out, except for a forced day off yesterday due to a work meeting.

I did cardio this morning. Haven't been able to get my HR up very high due to wheezing. I was able to do The Firm Slim & Trim med ball and part of Latin Dance. Got HR up to 150 without too much trouble. Burned 570 calories in 60". Just sitting here eating my oatmeal and getting ready for work. Work late the next 3 days...yuck. Nights are dead.

Have great workouts everyone.

My DH is doing an Insanity rotation! I told him to join the check in...but he won't. He has been lifting weights (upper body) on one off day and doing the recovery workout as scheduled the other rest day.

Diane Sue - your new avatar looks good! So Cathe's Step Moves is easy to learn?

Hey Maniacs!!

One day behind you Linda on the Insanity. Did the Cardio Power and Resistance yesterday. That one I think is the hardest one so far, but it was fun. Just kicking the legs straight up is difficult when the legs are so fatigued.

Today is the Plyo Cardio from Insanity. Done this one before. Killer warmup as usual.

My workout today was MMA Fusion 50 min and burned 341 calores Max HR was 159, then I did MMA Kickbox skipping the w/up 42 min 294 calories Max Hr 171, I finished off with Insanity Cardio abs 17 min 121 calories Max HR 158. Total workout time was 1 hr 49 min and calories burned was 756. I need to get going so I have time to do all of my errands.

Lora, thanks on the avatar. I had no problem learning the choreography in Step Moves. I think I had to do it aa couple of times before I had it down. But for the most part it is a lot of familiar stuff.

Charlotte, I did Cardio Power and Resistance the first time with 3 grandchildren in the room trying to do it with me. Made it more challenging because I had to work around them LOL

Theresa, I think the difference with Insanity is you might be doing the same moves as hit but Sean T keeps you doing them much longer and I think it is pure torture on the joints. JMHO

Lora-sorry you're under the weather :( And please tell DH to join the check in, the more the merrier and then we can ALL discuss the pains that crop up w/ Insnanity :D

Diane Sue-what you say makes sense. I just can't decide if I am just in worse shape than I thought I was or if it's just THAT hard. It's really irking me

And P.S. Crystal Light energy is the best thing since sliced bread. Since I gave up diet soda for Lent, I have been dragging.....this is a little slice of heaven :eek:

Theresa

Theresa - I've never heard of a 9 set routine. I like this program you are doing. I saved it in my favorite folder to print out later. I'd like to try it. I'll have to go back to Monday's checkin and see what you did for your abs. Why are they screaming at you? That's cool! I hope your shoulder is ok. Geez, what is it with all of us and our shoulders?

Diane Sue - Wow, lots of cardio today! You kicked some bootay! Nice going.

Linda - Sorry you can't lift. :( I know it's hard, but your hand will heel soon.

Lora - Hope you feel better soon. And that's cool that your dh is working out with Insanity.

Char - Have a killer workout! I don't envy any of you doing Insanity! LOL!

Hermia - Great job with your workouts! :)

Debbie-I used my TRX to simulate the ab wheel. It was not super hard at the time, so I was not expecting any soreness, but oh my :eek: And I don't know what's up with the shoulders, I cannot think of any trauma. The only thing I can think is that I sleep on the side that is bothering me, and Insanity did not help it any. I think I may have to do incline burpee's and push ups until I can figure out what is going on.

Ok....I just learned some fantastic information that I think may explain the shoulder issues (in my case anyway). It's called upper crossed syndrome. I googled it and it makes sense for me. I work at a computer most of the day or am starting IV's and hunched over. Well, my shoulder blade was killing me forever and then it moved into my shoulder which is evidentally the natural progression of shoulder trouble. It has several exercises that can be done to rehab the shoulder joint while balancing the muscular indifferences. Also, Art of Strength has a downloadable workout that addresses this specific issue. Anyway, I will do more research and share what I learn. I am going to order that workout b/c I don't want to have to go to PT or have any kind of surgery.

theresa

Theresa, thanks for posting that link. I'll be checking it out when I have more energy (can't seem to get to bed at a decent hour!); it might be something helpful for my mom. You are definitely right; it's best to try to take care of such things with exercise before it gets to a more serious point.

Regarding that Brazil Butt Lift workout, no, I've not tried it, but I've noticed threads on it on another fitness board, so I'm guessing a lot of people are at least curious about it.

I was also checking out that Chalean Extreme a bit today. I just found out my best friend is doing it and really likes it. Have any of you tried it?

Well, today I did the standing part of Gym Style Legs. Was intending to do some cardio afterwards, but ended up starting the workout later than intended, which is a bad habit for me. =(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.