Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs 1/3

lorajc

Cathlete
Mornign Maniacs -

This morning I did KenpoX+ and repeated the last segment to make it a bit longer. Workout was 54" and I burned 482 calories.

I finally got my P90X+ workouts. I briefly looked at the Total Body and Upper Body ones and it looks like I'll need to do these in the basement to use the chin up bar. There's quite a bit of alternating between pushups and pullups, etc. I'm going to start incorporating pull-ups and chin-ups (assisted) in all of my weight routines, as my lats, etc. are pretty sore from those I did the other day. I fooled around with placing a bar across 2 chairs to do them upstairs and that works, but in P90X+, they move their legs and work their abs on the up movement on the chinup bar and you can't do that with the bar over 2 chairs. I might try the total body one tomorrow. The girl that's in the DVDS (I think she was in P90X Masters) has 6 kids and sick looking abs!! She is freakin' ripped to the core and when she does the chin ups.....you can see the ripples of muscle all the way down her back.....it's so cool. She looks amazing. I hope the chinups and pullups don't bother my injury too much. We shall see.....as I sit here icing my shoulders right now! LOL.

Have great workouts everyone.

First I did workout last night. I HATE working out in the evening but I did fairly well except for my benching. I felt really weak but was able to do 105# for 2 sets of 8. My chins were good, I met my goal and did 10 reps and 8 reps wearing my 5# vest. I was happy about that. With the calf raises I used 135# and did 8 toes forward, toes in, toes out two times through. Felt good. Squats kind of sucked, I did them at 105# and it seem when I go over 100# I just can't keep good form.

Today was cardio so I chose Cardio Coach #6 with Candace. Did not feel like doing cardio at all today, but I made myself do it. Had a headache when I woke up too. But I'm feeling a bit better now. Aunt Flo is kicking my butt this month.

Anyways... actually had a puke status workout. I literally felt like I was going to hurl after one of the challenges. Not sure it was because of my headache or because I pushed myself so hard. My HRM lost my HR a few times during the workout. I certainly hope this one doesn't start acting up now. Yeesh!!!

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]55 min.
41 min. in zone
348 calories burned
3.5 miles travelled
[/font]

Hope you all have a wonderful day! It's snowing here and very pretty outside!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is legs/cardio of some kind. Waiting for P90X to get here. Thanks, Lora for update.

Debbie,

Doesn't sound like you were feeling weak to me. You did excellent! Not many can bench that much. I felt sick too when I did Cardio Coach 6 as well. Good job!

Must be Candice day. I did it on the recumberant bike this am..
I got out of bed.. Believe it..

Deb, this one kills me. When she does the 3 minute climbs. My legs were a burning..
Glad i got it in..
No p90x here either.. I ordered on Dec 28th so, we will see..
Have a great day.

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Morning ladies, calves are STILL sore. Today is cardio I am going to do one of the iClimbs on my elliptical, then Core Max segment 3, then Stretch Max segment 1. I plan on taking my DS sledding which I will count as my cardio too. ;) I want to get P90X+ but my SO says I have to use P90X more before I can buy that one. I only did 2 months of it before I got bored and missed Cathe. My eating has been good still except for when I was scooping some icecream for my DS and two bites of cookis and cream accidently went into my mouth, oops.

Anne - I started watching Biggest Loser too, this is the first season I've watched, I felt bad for the people that had to go home.

Char - I felt bad for those people too and wondered how they could let that happen. After I had my DS I was 160 and knew I had to do something, didn't like having to keep buying bigger pants. x(

Debbie - Thanks for posting the links to all your rotations, they look awesome. I have done the One Body Part one before but only made it through 2 weeks of it because I didn't have that many Cathe videos yet. I definately want to do that one again, it was very fun. You look amazing in your pics. Hope your FIL is ok.

Dallys - That puppy sounds addorable. Yesturday I got low lights put in my hair to blend more into my natural darker blonde roots.

Have a great day everyone.

I just printed the p90 x workshets.. All i have to say is i am gonna die..
I can do this. I am gonna try to get some yoga in tonite. I got Tony's 30 min yoga in and a strap to hold the band in the door.
You watch mine take longer because i got the chin up bar. I hope it works in the door..
I don't know what alot of these exercises are. I am sure they will be familiar when i see them..

Gonna have a long day today. Weather is killing business. I will find something to do here..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Adina - You are welcome about the rotations. I need to do up more, I just never have the time. Thanks about my pics.

Char - Hey girl, I haven't forgotten about you. I haven't been online much and haven't had time to email you. I'm sorry about that! I hope all is going well with you and your family!

Dallys - I want to see "PS I love you". That movie looks good and I love Hilary Swank.

Anne - Did you get my email?

I forgot to update you all on my FIL. He is fine. Apparently a tissue scar ripped open from one of his surgeries that happened a while ago. That is where the bleeding is coming from. He is ok but just needs time to heal. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

Good Morning, this morning I did Low Impact Circuit cardio only premix and all of Yoga X. I have to clean and bake birthday brownies for tonight. The P90X + work sheets look like it will be a good one. Even if mine come today I will still probably do the scheduled legs and back tomorrow. If I had it I might try the abs on it though. I am anxious to hear what you all think of the workouts:)

Anne, I ordered P90X+ on the 27th before I got the e mail. I recieved an e mail the 28th saying it had shipped. We will see how long it takes. They did say free express shipping too.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning Maniacs,

Today was cardio and I decided to do IMAX 3. And of all the stupid things ..... on the first challange (I guess I was tired and not giving it my all) I went to jump up on top of the step, didn't make it, caught my feet on the step, went flying over top the step and slammed the side of my head into the dumbbells on my rack!;( Ouch!

I think I am okay! So far, anyway! I have a general ache in the right side of my head which extends to my jaw. So talking and eating hurt. But my vision is good, so are my pupils and I don't feel sick! I hit at hairline right behind my temple.

Oh, I finished the workout!}(

Great job everyone!

Debbie - wish I could lift that heavy when I was tired. Glad to hear your FIL is okay!

Adina - Debbie's rotation for Cathe, are great! I did them all! Have fun.

I have to go get ready to go to the store.

Linda

Hi everyone!

Didn't get a chance to workout this morning. Will do weights tonight - yup, weights. :) Haven't decided what yet.

I'm going to order P90X+ today. Is there something special I need to do or somewhere special I need to go?

Sorry no time for personals. Work, work, work. :(

Thanks!

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Anne,

Dying is good if it kills the fat and builds muscle. Gonna hurt..yes, I know. Can only do your absolute best. However, I sit and giggle when Tony does the one arm pushups in the first P90X workouts. Afraid to do plyo pushups cuz I don't want my face to kiss the concrete. Looks like most of us have ordered. Gonna be fun..fun..fun to feel like we are dying! lol

Deb,

Glad to hear FIL is doing well. That is a relief.

Been forgetting to post my Eats:

Meal 1: Kelloggs Protein Plus Cereal
Meal 2: Dannon Carb Control Yogurt Smoothie with protein bar
Meal 3: Piece of provolone cheese, 6oz steak, salad, sweet potato and kiwi
Meal 4: Protein shake (after workout)
Meal 5: Chicken and green veggie

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Banana Cream BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Grilled Garlic Chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Turkey patty; small salad w/ Zesty Italian dressing
M5: Garlic Talapia; salad w/light Honey Mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1707.5 calories
64 g. fat - 34%
144 g. protein - 34%
141 g. carbs - 33%
[/font]

Hey Maniacs! I just finished doing "Interval X+" and "Ab/core X+". You guys are gonna LOVE these!! Interval X+ is only 41 min. but it kicks butt... a real interval workout, fun, fun! Ab/core X+ is the PERFECT compliment to ab ripper X. You use your pull up bar a ton and that makes it so freakin much fun!!!}( Almost every move on both are new moves, so you will not feel like they are repeats of the old X. I can't wait to try the others. AB/core has the Trainer track. The trainer track is really cool, it's just a voice-over in spots that might need more instruction while doing the real workout. You don't have to use that, but it's nice for the first time through as it helped with form on some of the new-to-us exercises. The core workout is on the same DVD as Interval X+, which is nice. Makes for a 1 hr. workout.:) The rotations look great! You'll die when you see the recovery weeks of the Classic...Back and Biceps AND Chest shoulders, tris for recovery!????? Hello!! }(}(}(

Lora- Tracy is in top shape in these workouts (as is the 0% body fat guy!) She had 4 kids and adopted two boys last year, I think from Kenya or something. I check her thread once in awhile. The 2 new boys spoke a different language when they joined the family. She said that was hard, especially with the older one. She's an inspiration as is the other guy, I think his name is Something Briggs?

Debbie- Sorry about the headaches! Hope they go away soon. You're doing great in spite of them! I love Hilary Swank too. You'll like the movie.

Adina- I bet your hair looks great! I'll know if I have the puppy if DH brings it home today. I put all the burden on him.:)

Anne- I sure hope you like the new P90X+'s! I know you weren't fond of the old ones. My business drops when it's snowy and cold too. Makes it hard to pay bills sometimes. I have that Shorter Tony yoga workout. Yo ala Ke kino or something weird like that, LOL! It's only partial yoga and then some squats and other moves. I like it actually. Just a good short stretching/warmup/cooldown type workout.

Marietta- Nice job on the workout. You should post your eats sometime, so we can see what helps you look so fine.:)

Diane Sue- I was thinking of you while doing Core/Ab X+. All those hanging knee raises and stuff. I think you are going to like this one.:)

Linda- Dang girl! You be careful! I'm ususally the one falling and running into things on here! I tripped over my scale in my workout room and landed flat on my face last year amongst other graceful moves.

Suz- I think you'll like the new P90X+'s. I think the totalbody and upperbody will be great during biking season.

Char- The one arm push ups are tough! I do love the plyo ones. I have to mostly do them on my knees though. Still works great!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

<marquee>Hey Maniacs!!!</marquee>

Done with workout. Here is what I did:

Elliptical for 40 mins:
Traveled 4.7 mi
Burned 305 cals
BPM 155-160 for 30 mins
Speeds 8-11mph
Level 4

(I was really jamming to some tunes that I got from dd...words I heard like..."shake it like a earthquake..move your tail", etc. I was moving that elliptical..it was literally shaking! lol. I did great!

Then onto legs..

Leg Presses with 80# 3 sets/8 (these felt harder this time)
Deadlifts with 110# 3 sets/8
ATG Squats with 100# 3 sets/8

Marietta,

Please post your food if you have time. We know you know how to eat, girl..wanna see!!! lol

Char- Nice job on the workout! YOu killed or shook it or whatever, lol!

Eats:
B-Protein shake
S-banana-cup lf milk
L-slice homeade veggie pizza-protein shake
S-baked apple-ff yogurt-cinnamon apple PP
D-Taco salad-chicken

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hi everyone!

My name is Coni and I have been lurking here for a little while but decided to join you all if that's OK-I hope I'm up for the challenge:eek: You are all such amazing women and truly an inspiration.

Today I did P90X+ Total Body. Yikes! It is really an amazing workout for only 45 minutes. If you love pull ups and chin ups you will LOVE this one. I'm hoping to do the P90X+ rotation adding in some extra cardio a few days a week for January and then we will see. I tend to have a short attention span when it comes to rotations and will probably need a Cathe fix lol!

Charlotte-I didn't say "ga" once today-ha!

Anne-I know Million Dollar Body was doing inventory until the 1st so if you ordered on the 28th it might take a few extra days. Not sure if that would pertain to Beach Body orders or not depending on which site the order was placed.

Linda- I hope you feel better soon! That totally sounds like something I would have done.

Suz- The only 2 places I know of that sell P90X+ are beachbody.com and milliondollarbody.com. (bb's sister company) I am an independent coach for Million Dollar Body so if you want you can place your order through my page there at www.milliondollarbody.com/ConiC If you have any questions about the site or ordering just let me know
:)

Have a great night everyone!

Coni

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.