Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday October 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Bosu Cardio Fusion with Rob Glick - 50 min. (Chalene from Turbo Jam is a background exerciser in this). I listened to my own music. I then did 15-20 minutes of Tracey Staehle's Core workout followed by Yoga for Beauty with Rainbeau Mars - Dusk series (45 min).

Diane Sue - Your puppy is very cute. I'm glad you got another dog. I felt bad when you lost Jasmine. What did you think of the music in the core workout? It's really not the type of music I would listen to when not working out, but I really like it in the workout.

Megadoo - here's the link for Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (BPAL for short). Shiny and New is a listing of all of the recent updates to the site. Limited's have the oils that are Limited Editions and only available for a period of time and then it goes on from there. She make's tons of oils......so it can be quite overwhelming to a newbie at first. Charlotte recently got into them...so maybe she can chime in with pointers also. www.BPAL.org is the forum where you can go thru tons of reviews and also post questions in the Recommendations thread. I haven't worn commercial perfume for about 15 years...so I don't know how much I can help with choosing....I could help if you know notes..i.e., musk, vanilla, spicy, woody...etc. PM me if you have questions after you look at the site and get overwhelmed. It usually takes a while to find the blends you like....thru trial and error. I think Charlotte is starting to get a feel for it. (The Trading Post is the place that sells tee shirts and other miscellaneous goodies - it is run by Beth's fiance Tedwin - I collect the Lunar shirts that they put out monthly - they're cool.)

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/welcome.html

I've got a ton of stuff to get done and then I have to go to my husband's family birthday party for his 1 year old great niece....I'm not really happy about it either. I hate to sound selfish....but I like my normal routine.....especially on Sunday's....cuz I get so depressed with work looming and I like to do my own thing to make myself feel better.

Have great workouts. I'm off to soak in the tub with one of my favorite Lush Bubble Bars - It's a Date (was a Valentine one and it smells so good).

Good Morning,
Today is a rest day for me. The puppy slept better last night so I actually got rest:):) I have to run. Hope all of you have a great day!DH posted a close up of the puppy for me last night:)

Lora, I know what you mean with the music. It was fine with the workout though. When I had looked at the video clip I thought I wouldn't like it at all. I do like most types of music though. It depends on the mood I guess. And I mainly listen to rock or pop. There were a couple of places where I thought the music was a little cheesy. I think it did not all fit the music description on the cover. Lora, thanks about my puppy Mudd.

Suz, thanks. I think the puppy is pretty cute.

Dallys, Mudd actually let me sleep. I think she needed it too:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

Morning all. Didn't get on yeaterday. I was too buisy all day(a good thing).Salon has been booming and Tanning picking up.I am drained. Slept really good.Trying to build up daughters clients, so i am 1/2 offing her so she is working. As long as i break even on her right now i am fine w/it.
My hours seem to be getting longer 10-6 daily is going to 9-6 or 7 or 8. But thou shall not turn down customers. Not when there are 6 salons on my street....

I am sucking down some coffee and trying to plan the day...
I took another rest day. Between the monthly and long hrs. I was ready to drop when i got home at 6 yesterday.

Diane Sue Nice puppy..adorable....I like muts.They don't get sick from inbreeding.(Appt tomorrow w/ surgeon)My daughters one dog is a shitsu / terrier. Short fat and so darn cute.Happy pees on me every time he sees me.

Meag,I am here.
I am planning on HSC and a 1 body part per day.
Cardio daily and 1 muscle group. Today will be GS Chest.
I can do as long as i want on Sun(Off today)
I am going to try that to get the w/o and cardio in . Need to loose the excess body fat and i seem to build muscle pretty easy...The darn elbow is still bothering me. Like when i pull laundy out of the wash. I may have to really lighten on shoulders and biceps to heal it.

What's on the schedule everyone ? Motivate my lazy butt...
Lora, i wish i could get moving as early as you...

Char, what ya doing today?
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did not workout my legs as I wanted to. Very tired and run down as I haven't been sleeping as good. Body was sore all over. Today I feel recharged and ready to go. I had my steak and eggs for breakfast too! So I will be doing my strength training for upper and throw in some extra leg work as well. Dh and I didn't do the coremax 1 yesterday so in about 15 mins we are going to. I can't wait to see him do the corkscrews (evil laugh)

Lora,

Yes, I am starting to get into it with the oils...you are turning me more into a nut!!!! lol. I placed two orders yesterday and you know I order another a few days ago. I am just about caught up on my list. I just want to be caught up and then be happy with what I have...is this possible???? lol.

Anyways, have fun at the party. I know what you mean about your own routines. Think I am like that too. Doesn't necessarily mean you are selfish though. Didn't you just have cake yesterday?? Are you having it again??? he he

Diane Sue,

I am glad you got your rest. So you gonna run 50 miles today then??? Have fun!!!

Anne,

Glad to hear business is booming for you, that is a good thing! How is your eating doing? Tell me. You will lose body fat even if you don't always have time to workout if you keep the eating lined up just right. Somedays your body needs the extra rest anyhow.

Meg,

What's up for today?

Bionic Yoga Woman,

What did you watch last night? Anything frightening? Whatcha doing today?

Hello to everyone else.

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - no cake yesterday....I'll probably have some today, although I shouldn't (can't turn it down). That's why I did aerobics on my rest day this week. Sigh......I'm fat!! From my experience (not saying this will happen to you - but maybe) after I tried all of the catalog oils on my list and had 5 ml bottles of the one's I wanted, I started really getting into the Limited Editions. I have about 15-30 that I own and wear of the catalog blends, but most of my collection is Limiteds and when I find a Limited that I'm crazy about....I usually make sure I have 4-5 bottles to last me. Talk about crazy.

Diane Sue - I don't know what sort of workouts I should be doing. On one hand, I want to do a rotation, but on the other hand, I'm waiting for the new Cathe's, Amy's and Barry's Bootcamp this month. I had good results from P90X....I'm wondering if I should be doing the Cathe's Gym Style's in a split fashion for a while or do you think it's too soon to go back to that style since I just finished my P90X rotation a couple of weeks ago?

This morning I did full body. This one was supersetting with 3 sets of 12/10/8 reps and 60 sec. rest.

SS #1
Decline Chest Flies: 30's/35's/40's (only did 5 reps with 40's)
Lunges: 75#/85#/95# (up from last week)

SS #2
T-Bar Rows: 45#/50#/55# (up from last week)
Dips: Did 3 sets of 15 reps because my barbell was being used to t-bar rows, couldn't add weights in my lap)

SS #3
Arnold Press: 15's/17's/20's (should have went up with these)
Preacher Curls: 45#/50#/55# (up from last week)

Then I did some ab work. Workout took an hour, I was in my zone for 40 min. and burned 283 calories.

Diane Sue - I keep forgetting to tell you the pic with your puppy and rabbit was adorable! I'm glad you got another dog. :)

Hi everyone! Hope you all have a great Sunday and workouts!

Debbie,

You are addicted to the burn!!! Your chest must be on fire...ouch! I can't wait to do those again, but I don't have 40# db's and I am not sure I am ready for that weight anyhow...soon though. ;) Great job on everything!!!!!! You will have to post more pictures again as more mass is developing on your arms.

Diane Sue,

Seen your puppy picture again last night. So so adorable. Gosh! Just want to squeeze him. Is a him, right?

Still waiting on dh. Took off somewhere.

Charlotte~~

Just finished high step challenge.
I forgot how hard it was. I haven't done it in a while...Wow....
I think i need a nap..ZZZZZZZZ.I hate airbornes and tuck jumps. They are hard to do on matts..

Eating is better. I eat baby portion at night if i am hungry. Hard to go all night when i do a night w/o. Haven't gotten on the scale this week cause it is the time we all love so much...
DH asked what is that the other night . I made a stir fry and had a cake plate. I told him dinner...I fed him enough for 3.
He otta be fat...

Debbie, you amaze me...

Diane Sue enjoy the rest day...

Lora, did you do like 2 hrs today?
Anne

Dh and I are done with coremax 1. He did pretty good. Didn't finish the corkscrews, but who does on their first try? Not many. I went with the 10# plate on my back for plank and finished it out. I enjoy looking at someone in "hard work mode" when their face gets beat red and veins start popping out of the head and eyes look wild. he he. DH is now working his chest. Just one of many of his fine assets. he he.

Now gonna eat the rest of my pizza from last night. Had a 12 inch to myself, but did not finish. Gonna have some pie too. It is all good..made with splenda, etc. I don't eat the crust. Will have a salad too. Work out again around 3.

Anne,

Don't worry about the scale. I don't worry about my body fat monitor anymore. Enjoy your day.

Charlotte~~

You guys are rockin for a Sunday!

It's my recovery week with P90X. But, as some of you that have done it know that it's really just a change and not sitting around resting. I think I have Core synergistics on the menu. That's not a easy workout. DH is hogging the workout room, so I gotta wait until he is done. He made pancakes this morning and I made him add protein powder and oats or I was'nt eating them. I also told him to read the ingredients on the skippy bottle and he decided to have the almond butter on his too.:) Gotta stay away from the hydrogenated oil if you can. The fries I had yesterday don't count. :p

Lora, I checked out the website and my head is spinning. I wonder if the oils would work on the dogs I groom. Hmmmmm. Always thinking here.

DS, Glad Mudd didn't keep you up all night. Enjoy your rest day.

Anne, You are working some long hours! What kind of set up do you have? Are you in your home and others on the street have salon's in their homes, or are you in commercial area? Talk about competition. No wonder you are working so hard. I used to hate, hate, hate, tuck jumps and airbornes, but somehow, someway, I almost look forward to them now. Did I say that?

Scary Movie girl, Glad you and the chesty one got your ab workout in. I love to see when the face gets beat red and veins start popping out of the head and eyes look wild. So fun! Any scary movies on today I should know about? I didn't have time for any yesterday.

Debbie, did you fix your HR monitor? Great workout as usual. Do you ever do full body dips on your tower? I've tried and they are way hard. Feels like my shoulders will come out of the sockets. DH does them with 70lbs tied to his waist. I hate him. LOL!

Hi to Meg and sheila and Marietta and Suz and Randi and Lisa and Sandy and Jeanette and Bill. I think I got everyone. :)

Later crazies!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Oh, Dallys no. I rent a building.I am never home.
There are just alot of salons in the area.I am in a small town. People like the personal more than the big salons.(Franchises). I know 90% of my customers by name.
I don't really worry about the competition so much, but the new girl that took over the barber shop is doing things like 1/2 the price of everyone.I refuse to stoop that low and work my tail off for nothing.
Like 7 and 9 buck cuts and 40 buck foils.It is a really depressed area. Most of the factories like ancor glass closed up in the last few years.
She'll put herself out of business when she raises them.

Char, i don't worry so much about the scale anymore, but it is nice when it comes down....
What kinda pie???
MAkin me hungry.

Deb, i never use my hr monitor for calories. I just watch my HR, so i don't go too high. I was hitting in the 170's on the tucks and airbornes and jumping jacks this am.I was a sweating today....
Well gotta go to Greensburg and get supplies and i need a few tops. My wardrobe is pathetic. Nothin fits....

Have a great day...
Anne

Dallys - yes, I fixed my HR monitor, got a battary so its all good. No I can't do full body dips on the power tower. Did it once and could only do two reps. Or maybe it was three? Those are freakin' hard and hurt my shoulders as well.

Charlotte - you crack me up. Hey, I only burned 256 today, not 356, that was a typo. I wish!!!!

Good afternoon,
This morning I took grandson to Church and went to the store to pick up some things. More puppy goodies and water. Our tap water has been horrible tasting. I now realize I drink a lot of water as I go through a gallon a day. DH does drink some of it though but I thionk most is me.

Lora, I think I am holding off on a rotation myself as I know I have Cathe's new dvds coming and I would just stop the rotation. I do not think it is too soon to go to do GS. You can continue with the heavy training as long as you want. I like to lower the weights once in awhile though to lean back out myself. I have really been eating while doing S&H and GS rotation. I really enjoyed doing the Total Body SS & PP 2 sets. I think I might just use those and throw in some P90X weights as well this week. I wore Harlot today. I keep wanting to take big breaths so I can get a good whiff. Smells great:)

Charlotte, Mudd is a girl puppy. I do that with pie. I make it with sugar free pudding or a fruit pie with splenda and scrape it off the crust and add some sugar free coolwhip. I also have a habit of scraping pizza toppings off the crust. We only get the extra thin crispy crust though. Run 50 miles!! Very funny.

Anne, good luck with your appointment with the surgeon tomorrow Time off from working out can sometimes be just what you need. I have to remind myself sometimes when I am not feeling up to it that I do not have to do it. I just watch the eating and I am fine. Thank goodness my puppy doesn't happy pee:)

Dallys, that is an interesting idea using the scented oils on the dogs. I have doggie perfume. My dd said they tried some spray on there dog and it made her itchy. That might work because you wouldn't be putting it all over.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

Hi again :).

I had Yoga X on the menu not Core Synergistics. So Yoga I did. I love how relaxed I feel after this. Now I've got weeds to pull.:(

Diane, I'll have to investigate the oils some more. I have customers that love their dogs to smell good and others that are alergic to all that smells. Maybe your dd dog was alergic to the spray. I get kinda whousy will some peoples perfumes, even sick at times. Maybe the oils aren't as potent.

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Done with strength training. No extra leg work I did. For some reason, my legs feel weak today. Maybe ttom coming up?

Here is what I did:

3 sets/60 sec rest

Close Grip Overhand Pullups
5 1/2
5 1/2

Incline BB Chest Press (I knew these would be harder...hence "incline", but you never know what you can do unless you try)
70#/7
75#/5
80# didn't happen...next time

Hamstring Curls
45#/9
50#/7
55#/4

Forgot to do BB Upright Rows as I couldn't wait to get to hammer curls

Hammer Curls
25#/12
30#/8
35#/8

Close Grip Tricep Press
55#/9
60#/6
65#/3

I know I am not suppose to finish and then start again, but I have to do BB Upright Rows. Later~

Charlotte~~

Charlotte - great workout!!! Damn, 35# hammer curls? You are a monster with those arms. You're so funny about forgetting to do the barbell upright rows. Those are my favorite so I couldn't wait to get to them. Why didn't you just do them after your triceps? Great going once again, you maniac!!!

Deb, talking about monster arms.
Look at your pics.
Blow me away...
From 01 till now ... Amazing.

Now, if i could just could quit stuffing my face and give up my wine.
AHHHHH, nope.
Gotta have something to live for.
I am officially kicked out of the LR for footballll.
I hate FBall. Bunch of over paid a**holes. Big Ben is a jerk(in real life)....
Char I have 40# dumbells... Jealous.Only use them for 1 arm rows. But, I don't have a smith machine yet!!!!!
Bought them when i got the new ones.
I swear they weighed them before they put the rubber coating on them. They seem heavier.
Oh, Char, made some awesome salmon cakes for dinner...
mmmmm good. Not pizza though.

Anne

Hi - finally back from my baby party and yes, I had cake ....my bad! I'm guilty now. I'm really bloated this weekend. I seem to get like this when I'm mid cycling....I think the bladder infection might be causing it too??

Anne - Yes, I usually workout 2 to 2.5 hours on the weekends (as long as I have time). I feel I need to work out longer during the week, but I can't seem to get up at 2:00 am any more. I used to....but now, it's hard to get up at 2:30 am.

Dallys - When I first got my one cat (the oldest one), I used an oil on myself and got him used to being petted in my lap. I was getting my oils from Essense at the time and I don't remember what it was, but to this day, this cat remains the biggest lap cat ever. The oils are actually pure and some of them are potent. I tend to use a lot of oil cuz my skin soaks it up (dry skin). I think Charlotte has said that she only uses a tiny bit though. I think you could easily control how potent your scent was with application.

Diane Sue - I feel so embarrassed. I just realized your name is Diane and not Diana. I don't like it when I get people's name's wrong. Duh...it only took me a year! Harlot is rose and cinnamon. I love cinnamon but there are only 3 BPAL's with cinnamon that I like. One is Harlot, Chimera and one is my Limited Edition Chaos Theory....never to be made again ...it's one of a kind.

Charlotte- that would be the day my DH would workout with me! I wanted to do the Eliptical this morning and he made me go upstairs and use the Bosu instead cuz he didn't want me downstairs while he was working out. I'm starting to get the Sunday evening blues BIG TIME. I wore Smut today!! My White Moon order should be here tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.