Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Oct 1

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I wanted to do Turbo Jam or something fun but I forced myself to do a "dread" workout that is very difficult for me. I figured I may as well get used to dread since I'm facing a lot of it tonight with going back to work tomorrow!! I did Mindy Myrlea's Super Cycle. It is 70 minutes long but I did 60 min of it. The stand up pedaling kills me and there was no way I could do my intervals as long as she does. I really need to work at this one. My face was bright red and I was soaked. I burned 413 calories from w/u to c/d. I then did Tilak Pyle's Altar of the Heart yoga DVD (one of my favorites that is 70 min so I don't do it so often). This felt really good.

I was reading over at VF forum that the new Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 is a circuit workout with aerobic/weight sections. I have it on preorder at Amazon. I like the idea of this. I don't really like the music on the Jari Love's, but I always use my own since I don't like to listen to her anyway and they're easy to follow.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll be back later. Off to soak in the tub and enjoy my last day of freedom before going back to the dungeon!! We're going to see that movie with Ashton Kutcher, The Guardian.

Hi Lora! Good for you for doing a dreaded WO. Sounds like you really had a good one today. Enjoy your movie today.
I am trying to decide what to do today. I think I want to do Imax again, all the way through. Then maybe a Jari WO, and definately some abs. I need to find some motivation first LOL! I am waiting till the boys go down for a nap first.

Good morning to the rest of you. Hope you all have good ones.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Back from Halloscream. We go every year. I ate bad and enjoyed every minute of it.

Yesterday I did my strength training workout:

2 sets/12 reps/60 sec rest

Pull Overs 45#
Flat DB Press 25's
Overhead Press 20's/15's
Leg Extensions 70#/75#
Deadlifts 90#
CG Lying BB Press 50#

Held a plank for 3 mins in hotel room. That is all I did for abs while dd was putting her foot on my back to add more resistance. I did not ask for that. lol

Charlotte~~

This mornings workout was pretty good but I've had a pain in the inside of my left knee since yesterday. I had it before I did IMAX 3 so now I'm thinking I shouldn't have done IMAX 3 as the pain is still there and a little worse. Today called for supersets and doing this pyramid style was tougher then doing the exercises alone. This is what I did today:

SS #1:
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press: 25's/18 - 30's/14 - 35's/10
Bent Over Rows: 35#/18 - 45#/14 - 55#/10

SS #2:
Should have done Plie Squats but did Calf Raises instead
Standing Dumbbel Curls: 15#/18 - 20#/17 - 25#/9

SS #3:
Dumbell Shoulder Press: 15#/18 - 17#/10 - 20#/8
Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extension: 25#/18 - 30#/12 - 35#/7 (this was a tough superset)

Finished up with some ab work. Kind of bummed I couldn't do treadmill today. Not sure what is up with this knee. Total workout was 52 minutes, I was in my zone for 27 min. and burned 213 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Good morning, Ladies! Had a smashtastic time yesterday with my friends; nosebleed intervals seem to be what they are cottoning to, so each Saturday session becomes an exercise (pardon the pun) of how to top the last week's class.

This a.m. I did my beloved Hi/Lo Hell mish-mosh, and slung in interval #5 from I-max 3 (the dreaded plie jack interval; almost couldn't go the distance in that one the first time I did it), followed by about 2 hours of leg, core and upper body heavy strength training. Feel pretty good right about now, if a tad hungry.

Petite Sophisticates has re-opened under new management / ownership in an outlet mall near my home, so this afternoon I'm going over there to hopefully start totally updating my work wardrobe. Wish me luck!

A-Jock

Well, i am under the weather, but i did get a workout in.

I did Muscle max and 30 min on the treadmill.
I had to lighten up the shoulder work because this darm arm is still pulling. It is where i can really feel the pull. I know i tore a tendon a little , but it will heal.
Great w/o's everyone.
Meag, get it movin. I always feel better after i am done.
Deb, watch the knees. Don't want to mess w the meniscus.I hate the impact in imax 3 . I much prefer lomax. I feel like i need to be an olympic athlete for that one.

Char, glad to see ya back today..You are an animal.
Lora, thans for the yoga reccomendations. I need some stretching tapes.
Have a good day...
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good morning !
Happy 1st of Oct.:) My birthday month!
Today i'm doing Low max and 2nd half of imax 2 it's going to be intense!
On this rotation Jan '06 somtimes cathe adds on like 400 walking lunges and 500 crunches. Has anyone done this and how is it possible to do that ?
Talk to you later
Randi

Hey Maniacs! Today I did Chest, Shoulders and Tris. I Upped most of my weights and my push-ups. Only went to the knees a few times. I was feeling major energy today! I then did ARX (with my shoes on I might add!) and then took the dog for a 3 miles walk.

We got the hot tub hooked up and running. I'm now a hot tub ho! :)

Lora, great workout today! You burned some serious calories!

Meg, I love your new pictures. You are so pretty and you boys are adorable!

Charlotte, I ate bad yesterday too! I think that's where all my energy came from. I went Mexican. Ate enough chips and salsa to feed a small family.

Debbie, OH NO! Not the knee! Take care of it. Baby it. Hey, are you using Plate Mates to get those odd #'s. You really did great on that workout!

Annette, Have fun shopping you pint size maniac!

Anne, be careful with that shoulder, just like Deb's knee! I hate injuries. Sorry you are still under the weather. My cold seems to be just a small one. Not bothering me too much.

Randi, Happy Birthday Month!!! What day? It's my 25th anniversary tomorrow. I'm so old!! LOL!

Hi to Lisa, Marietta, Diane Sue, and anyone else I missed!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey Girls!

Well, I tried another post from work on Friday after my test, a nice long one. And guess what? It never appeared. What the heck is up with that? I wonder if it's God's gentle way of telling me to work while I'm at work. ;)

Yesterday we did the annual Dog Jog (we walked) with our two dogs. It was the perfect fall day. Lots of people and their dogs turned out. Our dogs were very good.

I'm getting ready to do cardio - maybe Imax2 again, as that one always makes me feel like I worked hard. I'm kinda lazy though. Trying to get lots of stuff done before we leave to see my dad on Tuesday. I'll be running lots of hills while I'm there while my housesitter gets to use my weights (the only time I can run is on vacations b/c otherwise my hips and ankles can't take it anymore). Actually, I just got the most recent issue of Oxygen and I think I'll try the HIIT with the bands. That and running should help me not gain 20 pounds while I'm gone!

Dallys - I keep telling you in all of my disappearing posts that I received Vegan Planet. I HIGHLY recommend it. I haven't tried any recipes yet, but it looks AMAZING!!!

Later gators!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Thank you Dallys for the compliment! Enjoy your hot tub!

Deb and Anne- take care of those sore spots

Annette- have fun shopping.

Suz- that sounds like alot of fun going with your dogs. Perfect weather!

Charlotte- glad to see you back and to hear you had fun

I just finished my WO.... All of Imax, then Jari's RTTC, then ME abs. It lasted two hours, since I skipped 2 of the sets of Jari's. The deadlifts in this video always bother my back, so I need to work on my form with that. I feel pretty good, hungry!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Happy anniv. Dallys;) My b-day is the 18th i'll be 27 i'm getting old:(
I still havent workout yet i've decided to go to the gym today with my boyfriend and do legs and cardio. It is hot here in K.C. it's 90!
Randi

suz, I saw Vega planet over at Borders. I'm so tempted to buy it there. I have a 20% off coupon good for today, but it's only 9$ on Amazon, but then there's shipping. Decisions, decisions.

Meg, I bet you're hungry! That's a great workout you did!

Randi, 27! I've been married since you were 2! LOL!

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Randi and Meg - I'm 27 too!!! (LOL) plus 20!!! Old....yea...right!! My Birthday is on the 7th and my DH's is on the 11th of this month. We're both Libras. Guess what decision making is like in this house!!

We just got back from the movie, The Guardian. It was good..but I thought the ending could have been better. Ashton did a good job in a serious role.

I'm getting severely depressed........Sunday night blues.....BIG TIME. Good thing I don't own a gun. I think this gets worse every time! Maybe I should stop taking vacations.

Hi everyone! I am babying my knee, it still hurts. I guess I'll have to forego the cardio this week until this pain goes away. This really pisses me off.

Dallys - I need to get Plate Mates, I haven't yet. I'm using my ankle weights around my wrists. What a pain in the @ss that is!!!

Debbie - that's why I'm trying to do aerobics on my elipitcal and bike a couple times a week....cuz of my sciatica/piriformis problem. The high impact seems to flare it and I guess running on the treadmill is out of the question, since that's when I get real bad.

Megadoo - Yep, all caught up on GH. I have one more episode to watch of Nip/Tuck tonight and then I'm caught up with that also. I even got caught up with the new videos downloaded on Youtube (Buckcherry of course).

Charlotte - I left all of my Buckcherry CD's and Chili Peppers on the plane, as well as Nickelback. Not a good situation!

Well I took a nap today. Very cranky earlier and just plain tired so I needed it. Fell asleep while watching TLC's Fat Camp...could not understand the heavily english accents and could not understand other things related to the subject..so I slept.

Just finished my chinese veggie soup and ate some tuna fish too.

Randi,

When is your birthday? Mine is on the 11th of November. I just celebrated my 19th wedding anniversary on the 26th of this month too. If your getting old then I better go find my shovel and starting digging another foot cuz I am almost there, in the ground! LOL!

Lora,

Wow, that is horrible. Should I burn you back the cd's you burned for me then? I will if you want me to. Let me know. So do you like the way that Black Moon smells?

Debbie,

Ouchy, sorry to hear about your knee. Great workout though as usual! I can't keep up with you in chest...you blow me away everytime. It is amazing how great you are progressing. Don't worry about the cardio...just eat extra clean. Let the knee calm down. You will be doing the right thing.

Meg,

You are really doing some serious workouts! Gosh!!! Don't hurt anyone now. Love your new picture. Very beautiful!

Suz,

How long was the dog walk? I walked mine today while people looked at our home. No word yet.

Dallys,

I had ice cream on the tip of my nose and down my chin when I was at Busch Gardens. I also dribbled spaghetti on my pants. Pizza...well I just tore that up. I was done while everyone else was still eating...like a dog that doesn't taste if's food...just swallows it whole...been too long for that kinda pizza. Ledo's is the best!!!!!!!

Charlotte~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.