Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday May 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did part of Bosu - Calorie Combustion and Part of Mindy's Balance & Strength - Gliding/Bosu workout and then I did a Barry's Bootcamp Treadmill but I walked the intervals on my highest incline with my 8 lb vest on. I did break into a light jog a few of the sprints towards the end...but I was trying not to run, as my previously broken foot has been aching a bit and I was also feeling it in my low back.
Workout was 62" and I burned 502 calories. I couldn't get my HR up on the Bosu for nothing! Should have done Seasun's Bosu. There aren't enough good Bosu cardio workouts out there!

I also did New York Style Pilates Lying Leg Series with ankle weights on and Tracey's Core Blast section on the stability ball.

I finished off with Gentle Vinyasa Flow - Series B - 50" session. I fell asleep at the end in Savasana. I'm beat. Did not get enough sleep this weekend, as I couldn't sleep in due to being too busy!

Have great workouts or rest days everyone. Wer'e going to see Iron Man later.

Toasty - How was the movie you went to see the other day? I can't remember what you said you were going to though.

Good Morning, today is my rest day. I am going to move some of my seedlings when when I get home from church and do yard work.
Yesterday was pleasant. We went out to dinner and sat around the house and watched movies. Dh went out and got ice cream but I just came home and had some cottage cheese and a slice of banana flax loaf. We watched Alvin and the Chipmunks(I wanted to see it LOL) then we watched Stardust which I thought was really good. I ordered the AirSquare that comes with a plyo vhs tape from stagestep.com yesterday. I wanted something a little more joint friendly for jumping on. My large rubber mats move across the carpet when I jump on them. Eventually I will get the right flooring.

Lora, good workout as usual. You are doing pretty well finding ways to get in your cardio with less impact. My foot has been aching this weekend again too:( If I keep my surfaces padded up enough it usually helps. With Amy's I am twisting a turning so much that is hard to do and keep the mats in place.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning all. Today is a rest day.
Alright you gotta hear about the strange guy at the gym. He wears a winter tobbagon hat and dances around the equipment kicking his legs forward and back. I think it is his way to limber up or something. I was on the leg press machine and almost peed myself trying not to laugh..
I have increased my weights tremendously with the machines. Leg press 140. Then i do i legged 80#..I am doing plea squats on toes with 80# and lunges with 80#..
I am back up to 35# with 1 arm rows..
Soulders i am doing 60# with the machine. BAck pulleys i have been doing 60#. So it is coming back.
Been really tired .. Working till 6-7 then 1-2 hrs at the gym and i get home whoopered..
I am going shopping. I need a dress for a wedding that fits. Everything is too big. Good thing..
Salon news. We should finally have our building permits with in 2 weeks , so the engineer said..FINALLY...
Went to trade my truck for a more economical veicle and not happening.I would take a 17 grand loss in 2 years..I walked out of the place..I paid 34 grand and they think i am taking 17 for it. They are insane.It only has 24000 miles on it. So, i am on a hunt for a used car to run to lighten fuel up some..
Well, nothing else new. Buisy as usual, I should be back on daily here shortly..Some days i get on and just don't have time to post..
Client comes in or the phone rings. Not a bad thing though.
Take care all. Deb, nice bike.I would buy one, but i am afraid of them.. with me driving ...LOL....

Gotta go mail my sis. They had a tornado at her house and she is out to sea..I haven't heard from my BIL..Thankfully their house was safe..Kevin said he went to the day care to get the baby , came out and saw a funnel .. RAn back in the church and waited it out. The other 2 were at the YMCA in Suffolk for after school care..Scary..
Well, off to shop. Take care all.
Miss you ladies..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Diane Sue - Just curious about your workout surface. Do you work out in a basement on cement floors? Or upstairs on carpet? I'm upstairs on carpet for the most part. I do modify some plyo on my Rebounder, but I don't know if the effect is the same. Sometimes I swear I feel it more, as the surface is a bit unsteady and you have to fight to balance a bit. Speaking of balance. I have a really hard time running on top of my Bosu. Do you think I don't have enough air in it? I always watch the instructors stay on the top of this thing and when I run or do tick tock's on it, I'm flying off of it every 2 seconds. I know it says not to "overfill" your Bosu.....but I'm wondering if I need more air or is it just that hard to stay on it?

Good Morning
I'm off work today yeah! Getting ready to do Drill Max Cardio S&H chest and CM tough core premix. Have a great day ladies
BBL
Randi

I had my first ride yesterday. Caught on fairly easily and it was so much fun! OMG! It is especially fun to go fast. I have no problem up-shifting, but not doing so well with down-shifting. Hopefully I'll catch on soon. It's frustrating to know what you're suppose to do, yet not being able to do it. LOL!

Anyways, I'm getting back on today. It's chilly but I want to ride some more. At least the sun is out!

Today is my rest day. I've been studying this morning to get my temps tomorrow. So wish me luck!

Sandy - How exciting about you and your dh getting a bike! You will love it. And it's ok to be afraid of them. The accidents happen when you get comfortable and feel sure of yourself. That's when mistakes happen.

Lora, I usually workout on carpet in my workout room. We have pretty thick padding and carpet. Can't move anything on it because it is so thick, we even tried furniture glides. But it still bothers me. Sometimes I workout in the office on wood flooring when dh is using the treadmill. I also like the wood floor better for some of the Kickbox dvd's. I can really feel the impact on the wood floor thouugh. As far as running on the Bosu it is hard to balance for me too. I just think it is supposed to be that way. Some days are better than others. I have to be careful because the rounded surface can make me turn my feet at odd angles and I think it can be a little hard on the ankles. I have actually had it make my plantar faciitis hurt worse. I have read though that balancing on core boards etc. is a way to strengthen the feet and ankles. I think Amy had said something like that. I stand on my foam roller when drying my hair. I think it helps massage them and should help strengthen the anks as well.

Debbie, sounds like you really had a good time with the new bike:)

Anne, so glad things are starting to move along for you. We just recently traded our deisal Ford Truck for something that uses less fuel. It had only 8000 miles on it though and was a 04. We ended up getting some cash out of it and putting a sizeable down on the Escape we purchased. DH tried different places because some didn't want to give us much for it. Maybe you can try other places.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Back from Maryland. Just tired. Didn't sleep well last night on couch as my mom had heat on and not sure why????? lol. Tired from the drive as well so no workout for me. Will catch up tomorrow. Seen my cousin Ricky I haven't seen in about 20 years. Would never have recognized him if I seen him on street. I don't know what happened to him. Had a blast though. My brother and I took some pictures and I will post them tomorrow.

Lora,

Seen Iron Man last night with my peeps in Maryland. Not really into action hero movies too much, but was o.k. although everyone else enjoyed it.

Anne,

So good to hear from you and how your doing.

Debbie,

Glad your enjoying your bike. I had a problem with the new car I am driving and I hit a button I shouldn't have and showed my speeds in kilometers..I had no idea how fast I was driving..said 100 and felt like 50 so I had dh fix it back to mph and now all is fine.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.