Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday March 2

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs-

This morning I did Spinervals No Slackers Allowed. Workout was 60" and I burned 554 calories. My legs are sort of sore from that KB workout so I had a little bit of a hard time with this today.

I also did Eion's PY4H Surf Edition - Twisted Sister Premix. It was a little tough on my legs also. I'm bummed cuz I have to get a replacement DVD, as it makes a loud grinding noise.

Linda - yes, KB's are quite expensive and so are the DVDs....as they average $29.99 to $50 each. At least I'll be able to let you ladies know which ones not to waste your money on though!

Lisa - Don't tell me KB's will make the fat melt off me.....as I'll be addicted to them!! LOL. Have you ever done them twice a week? I think I'm going to alternate KB's with the new Barry's for a while, but since Barry's are weight/cardio circuits, do you think I should throw in a few solid weight workouts too? I'm afraid that the more cardio I do...the hungrier I get and the more I eat! I'm already up to 130 and I'm disgusted with myself. Yesterday, went to pick up the 35 lb KB and someone else bought the last one...so I had them order it. Well, the Barbell store is right next to the best chocolate shop in town.......and who ended up in there???....my DH and I!! Got chocolate to eat instead of a KB.....needed that like a hole in my head! I'm so weak when it comes to sweets. I think I crave the dopamine release from eating chocolate! I love the Saw movies. My favorite one is the one they show someone doing a craniotomy!! Yikes....my DH can't even watch those scenes!

Toasty - I've just been selling my oils on the BPAL forum and Sin & Salvation forum thru Live Journal. I have some 5 mls that have been sitting for a while and I really should list them on Ebay but my computer is so freakin' slow that I hate listing on Ebay...takes forever. We went to see that movie One Missed Call yesterday at the cheapo theatre....it was okay.....not great. We might go see Vantage Point today.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone. Off to soak in the tub.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Gonna do SHoulders/Arms today X style. Tomorrow I plan on biking but Aunt Flo will have to ride along with me. RATS!

Lora,

I am sending my dh to fitness store and have him get the kettle bells. I think I am sold on them now. You would make a great sales person..I swear! lol. Wearing my free sample of Haunted this morning..goes right to baby powder on my skin. Gonna ask my daughter if she wants it. Got Mag Mell too. Love that one! Was wondering about that movie. Won't see it now. Tuesday, Dh and I are going to get deep muscle massages together. Go out for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well.

Everyone have a good day.

Toasty - I was thinking it would be a good time for you to get KB's since your DH got a bonus. I couldn't think of a better way to spend it! Not sure what weight you'd want to start out with. You might want to ask Lisa. I got 15, 20, 25, 30 and will be getting a 35 soon and I'm already using the heavier ones. I think it is generally recommended for women to start out between 18 - 25 lbs....but then I'm not sure if those women are as hardcore as you!! I started lighter cuz of my neck/shoulder and back issues.....but I'm already doing swings with the heavier weights. Dinner and massages sound great............wow!

Morning Maniacs! The weather was starting to warm up here and now I wake up to more snow! When is spring coming???????????? WHEN?
Anyhoos, I plan on doing a CC on the stationary bike today and also push/pull.

Char and Lora- I so want to get the KB's, but darned if they don't cost a fortune! Holy *h*t! Char, can't wait to hear about how you like them. Lora, yes, keep us posted on what not to buy! My plans are to buy a "trainer" for my bike first though. My stationary bike has got to go. KB's will have to wait, but I still love hearing about them.

Diane Sue- I've been meaning to tell you congratulations on the new grandbaby!! I bet you are just thrilled! Also, I'm happy to hear that your tumor was nothing serious. My mom has had about 3 of those fatty tumors on her head.

Later crazies...

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morning, today is normally my rest day. I went ahead and did Turbo Jam Kicken Core before I left. I feel like I have ate out and cut back so much the last two weeks that I needed a little more:) My dd will probably be going home from the hospital today and my grandson will go with them. It will be quiet after having grandchildren staying here the last week.

Charlotte, it sounds like you have a pleasant day planned.

Dallys, thanks for the congrats. My dd said it was rare that people get the fatty tumors on their heads. That is interesting about your mother. I hope I don't get any more!

Debbie, did you get your problems with your hr monitor figured out?

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Maniacs,
Did 2 mile interval run. I did it in a mellow fashion as opposed to what I normally do. I warmed up 3 min, jogged 30 seconds, increased speed from 5.8 jog to 6.2 run then for 60 seconds, ran at 7.0 speed. That's pretty mellow to me as I have long legs. Sprinting for me is 7.5 to 8.0 and thanks to Debbie raving :) about hill climbs, I did running hill climbs at 10th incline running at 6.2. Wasn't easy but very fun! Then did total body workout again. My workout was messed up as I was too tired to plan so I farted around with KBs and barbells. No dumbbells today.

Lora- I did not pay for the download. 40 dollars is a lot of money for me right now. What I can do is ask one of the trainers at the gym in an email as she's an expert with KB about your shoulders, etc. I don't see why you can't do KB 2x a week as long as you don't overdo it with other type of weight training. What I would do is go heavy on KB one day and the next time do moderate weight. I remember the first time I did KB, I was soooooooooooooo hungry afterwards I ate a 20 oz porterhouse steak and baked potato with everything but butter on it and sauteed kale. I ate everything like there was no tomorrow. I've never ever eaten like this after my workout before. Now I'm used to it so I'm not as hungry any more. LOL The heavier you go with KB, the hungrier you will be but your body will adjust to it. Believe me. It'll take about a week or two. Don't fret too much over it. Anyway, what kind of chocolate did you get?? :9 I could eat some now myself. :7

Char- Since you're strong and you don't have shoulder problems, I'd get 18, 20 and MAYBE 25 for now. They won't feel like much at first but if you do 12 or more reps, you'd feel it quite a bit. I don't feel comfortable telling you to get much heavier weight because some moves do not need heavy weights. Why don't you play around with it at the store and see how you feel? I think everyone should have a 15 and 18 lbs KB especially for certain core and shoulder work. Let me know if you get any. :) Lucky you....Massage and out to eat all day. Wish I could do that! What kind of massage is it, Japanese where the little ladies walk on your back? That'd torment the sh*t out of me. LOL

DS- Congratulations on the new grandbaby! I'm so sorry I didn't congratulate you earlier. I couldn't remember who had an exciting news with all the commotion going on in the house. How's your head doing? Is your eye better?

Dallys- Great seeing you on here! How's Carma?

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

Lisa

Hi Everyone,

Here's my workout.

This is week 3 of the total boby workouts, and I did supersets today.

SS#1
Chest/Back
Flat Barbell Press:
75# - 5/5/5
super set with Double Arm Rows:
20# - 5/5/5
These felt really good, probably could have went heavier with the rows, but was afraid of hurting my back.

SS#2
Quads/Shoulders
Squats:
75# - 5/5/5
super set with Dumbbell Press:
20# - 5/5/5
The squats felt great, and the db press was great too, I'm getting stronger already in my shoulders.

SS#3
Biceps/Triceps
EZ Barbell Curl:
30# - 5/5/5
superset with
Close Grip Press:
35# - 5
45# - 5/5
These felt really good, could probably go heavier on the Close grip next time.

I'm still feeling very strong doing this rotation!

Charlotte - Enjoy you day with hubby, I'm so jealous! Hope you both have a great time, you deserve it. W/O looked good, are you gonna post progression pics soon? I'm thinking about it. If I didn't tell you already I love the glasses!

Lisa - Do you have any good eating tips for someone trying to trim the fat off of their middle??? I would love to get an eliptical and start doing the CC's. Do you do those? While I'm doing this total body rotation, do you think I would need more than 30 mins of cardio to lose fat? I'm 5'7 and now weigh 147. Any suggestions would be great!

DS - Congradulations! I bet you are so excited! I had my grandson yesterday and it's so much joy when I have him, so different being a grandmother...I just love it!!!

Dally's - Hi, how have you been? Are you still doing P90X+ or did you get through it?

Have a great night everyone, I'm off to wash a few more loads of clothes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.