Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday June 17

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Cardio Coach 4 on the TM and Bike. I extended the steady state at the end to make the workout 60" and burned 400 calories. That's a toughie. There's no air in our basement either. I then did Fluidity Legs/Abs for Beginners 25" and Eion Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness - Daily Dose of Bliss 40" (felt good).

We're going to see the Fantastic Four movie later today. My last day of FREEDOM!!

Diane Sue - That belly pumping may seem really weird in yoga, but I tell ya, I suffer from IBS and GI problems and whenever I have GI distress, I do that DVD and my stomach always feels better. It really helps me. Just thought I'd share so you didn't feel like it's a worthless part of the session.

Anyone ever hear anything about this fitness system?

www.Ambiancefitness.com

ETA: Question about modifying a move on a DVD -- IF someone is doing rear delt raises and other back and triceps work lying flat on a weight bench......(since I don't have a bench) ...what is the best way to modify? Should I lean over my Swiss Ball and do the moves? Or should I sit in a chair and bend over at the waist to do them?

Morning!

I am trying to decide what to do today. I have to go in to work early tomorrow since kids' camp starts so tomorrow will be my rest day. I'm thinking ME might be a good one since I need to do a weight workout. I'd love to ride but it's still kind of windy. It was super windy all night long. You know how I love the wind! Blech!

Lora - the Firm videos do that move leaning over their steps so you could use the high step or you could use the Swiss ball - that might be more comfortable. But when I first did it years ago it was with the Firm on that step thingie and it worked fine.

Debbie - I pm'd you.

Storm - I pm'd you back.

This is my Father's Day bbq rant, so skip if you're short on time. :)

Today we're having our annual family Father's Day bbq. My mom's husband's dad will be here (and will ONLY come if I call and invite him personally - my mom can't invite him) and he sits in a chair and barks orders at me the whole time. Drives me nuts! And he very agile - has a Rottweiler - so it's not like he can't get up. He's this tiny little man who can be nasty. He says I make coffee too strong and then my mom's husband jumps in and says the same thing - that I don't know how to use MY coffee maker. So then we go out to Red Lobster one time and they both ask for half coffee and half hot water. Ha! But they make it out like it's me. Then DH's dad's wife tells me one year that DH's dad says I have big hips. Nice. She's always battling her weight (never works out and is quite overweight)so I guess that made her feel better TO TELL ME. Last year I had made a chocolate cake for 2 girls at work b/c their birthdays fall right after Father's Day and she says to me, "You know I can't have chocolate so what am I going to have for dessert?" I said, "It's not for you!" THEN, DH's grandma says to me last year, "Honey, didn't you make a sweet salad? If I had known you didn't make one I would have brought one. I didn't know there wouldn't be one. Everybody likes a sweet salad." Yeah, if you're EIGHTY! I'm sorry, I thought the hamburgers, brats, watermelon, potato salad, chips, homemade salsa and all the other crap we provided were ENOUGH! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it. No, really I am. I do love them all. And my sister will be here to enjoy them all with me.

Later gators!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

This morning I did Cardio Coach Press Play and again had some excellent energy. My legs are sore from yesterday's workout and as this workout progressed they got tighter and tighter. The stretch at the end felt great.

Cardio workout time was 1:07, was in my zone for 59 minutes and burned 429 calories.

I also did the ab work from Kick, Punch & Crunch. Love those inverted pykes!

Lora - we seen Fantastic Four last night. Good movie but the first one was better.

Suz - Have fun!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Good Morning, today i uually a rest day but I did Barry's Bootcamp shoulders and back. Last week I doubled up two workouts on Monday but I doubt I will have time for that. I am also trying to work it around my Dad's visit (I know I will take a day or two off). Family will be over later today:)I am hoping to get in Barrys another week and then maybe some cardio weight circuits. I have a holiday during July 4th so after that I plan on going back to some heavier stuff.

Lora, I figured that there was a good reason for that move. I just thought it looked funny and felt silly with grandchildren watching me do it. I like the neck stretches at the beginning:) I have not heard of that workout site but bookmarked it so that I could look it over.

Suz, I think when people get older they forget to think before they say things. I really don't think that they think about consequences. Have fun:D

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Debbie - sounds like I'm gonna need to get that Press Play workout, huh? :)

Diane Sue - have fun with your family.

How long do you guys do hard boiled eggs for. I usually do a lot at a time but I never seem to get the time just right. And of course on the Internet the rules are all soooo different.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Afternoon Maniacs!!!

Just got back from ride. Did 25 miles. So far this week I did 73 miles altogether!!! My new goal is 100 in a week. After I rest a bit I will do arms.

Tomorrow going to cancer treatment with dh and his dad to hear the details of xray, etc.

Charlotte~~

Suz, I wait for them to come to a bubbling boil and then boil for 15 minutes. I remember something about 10 minutes somewhere but I like to make sure they are cooked:) Nothing worse that a boiled egg with uncooked egg inside. I would rather cook it to death LOL
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - That's funny. I cooked them and then checked one (figured the birds could have it) and the inside just wasn't quite done enough so I turned the stove back on. I agree with you. That and chicken. Hey - same animal! I called DH's grandma before posting the question and she told me 30 minutes!!! I knew that wasn't right either. Seems so simple, but yet... You were right, 15 minutes was perfect.

Char - great ride! It's so windy here again. Maybe I'll start riding with an oxygen tank strapped to my back. :p

Just finished my workout. I ended up doing my own thing. Squats, walking lunges, leg extensions, biceps, triceps, abs, pushups. I did 3 sets of 15 of everything - 2 different exercises for each muscle group. You know I'm too lazy to write it all out. Plus I'm too busy writing novels to you all anyway.

Gotta go shower and get ready for the bbq. I'm also going to try to do those "after" pictures. But now I'm filling up my tummy with a protein shake so I'm not sure how that will look. Hehehe.

Suz

Hey Maniacs! Spent the whole weekend at the 'NATIONAL MOUNTAIN BIKE RACE SERIES' Had sooooo much fun! These are the best Mtb. riders in the nation. It was fasinating to watch them! The girls are so tough, you can't imagine. Really pumped me up to get in better biking shape. They are animals.}( Very nice and approachable too. Dh and I missed all our weekend rides, but we decided it was well worth it.

I'll talk more tomorrow when I have more time to read the weekend threads and catch up. Hope you all had a great weekend.:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.