Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Jan 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

My plans to do Spinning this morning was nixed as the DH is in the basement doing P90X. I'll probably do some cardio on the Rebounder. Need to take impact off of my foot today. My stress fracture site has been aching a bit lately. Be back later.

I ended up doing Women's Health Train for Your Body Type - HIIT Cardio 2 times through using the Rebounder and then I did a 10" cool down and stretch. Workout was 65" and I burned 619 calories. I then went downstairs and did P90X+ Abs & Core. My DH moved the one bench out so I could use it to do the leg raises....as it has handles on it to do leg lifts etc. I felt it a lot better and my movements were a lot more controlled this way. I left my HRM running thru abs and core and at the end I'd burned 830 calories.

I also did Kundalini Yoga with Donna Davidge....Spine & Flexibility 45" followed by Perfect in 10 Yoga - Stress Relief segment.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone.

For those that have P90X+ - what rotation are you going to do? I can't do a rotation until my DH is done with his X rotation.

Diane Sue- Can you think of a good way to intermix both Classic and Lean rotations in the new P90X+ guide? I want to do lean cuz I need more cardio, but I'm bummed cuz they don't even use any of the older stuff in that rotation besides Core Syngerstics. Let me know what you think please.

Good Morning, today is a rest day for me. I need to get out to the store. I want to get a high chair and some things for the baby shower. Olivia is scheduled to be born the 28th:D

Lora, I have went over all of the rotations and I am going to do the classic rotation and add cardio to it same as I did before. I may add a little more legs as well unless I feel like what is in the new workouts is enough. I only see legs scheduled on week 4. Maybe you could switch out and do week 4 of the classic rotation instead of the one that they have in the lean rotation. Or do a week of the original P90X lean rotation in place of some of the weeks in the P90X+.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue -If I had extra time, I would just do what you're going to do and just add in extra cardio and legs....but time is an issue since I'm working. I can't decide what to do. I wonder why they work the upper body so much and the legs hardly at all? If I do the Classic, I'd do cardio on the yoga day, do yoga on Saturday or Sunday and probably do 2 total body workouts and one upper instead of the way they have it and that way my legs would get worked more. That's one idea.....but then there are the other ideas you had...........decisions ...decisions. I don't know what I'll end up doing...but I have a while to think about it, as my DH still has a couple of months on his X rotation before I can use them.

Just me again.......the new Power Yoga for Happiness Surf Edition with Eion Finn is up for preorder at Amazon. I just ordered. Can't wait. I'd link it here....but it would make the page huge..........YAY Eion!!!

Morning all maniacs.
Missed last nights w/o so i did a double today.
Back
Reverse grip 45# 3-sets 10
1 arm rows 35# 3-sets 8
pull overs 35# 3 sets 8
Biceps
3-sets 8 all
Bicep curls 35#
hammer curls 15#
Conc curls sets of 8
1-15#
2-12# arms were fried
My biceps suck....

Tri
1 legged dips 3 sets 12 1 leg on bosu 1 raised
kick backs 3 sets 8 12# could have went to 15
overhead press 2 sets 20#

Decline bench press 45# 3 sets 8
Decline flys 20# 3 sets 8
push ups 3 sets 10 on the bosu

Upright rows 3 sets 8 30#
20 sit ups with 1 leg raised in between sets on the bosu
front raises 8# Getting tired at this point
overhead presses 20# 3 sets 8
No legs today. Hams are still a bit tender.
Stretching all out now..
Have a great sunday all

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning
Just finished B&G floorwork w ankle weight abs, KM Leg cond. drills, 4DS LIC.
Off to work
Have a great day ladies:)
Randi

Morning Maniacs! It's snowing here and I need to make a CostcoX run. Still haven't started with P90X+. Think I'll start tomorrow.

Lora and Diane Sue and Anne- The rotations for the new P90X+ all look pretty good. I think you could mix and match any of the weeks and still get excellent results.

I'm thinking of something like this: Switching up the P90X+/P90X cardio every week and alternating Ab/core+ and ARX 3 times a week. (My plan is to do a sort of doubles type rotation and keep doing my 30 minutes on the treadmill in the mornings followed by abs and stretch/yoga. Then do the main workouts later in the day. I also only plan on doing 2 months with no rest week, unless I really feel I need it.)

Monday:Total body +
Tuesday:Interval +
Wednesday:Upper +
Thursday:Kenpo +/X
Friday:Total body +
Saturday:YogaX/ or Cardio
Sunday:Stretch X

Alternate with/ or do two weeks each:

Monday:Upper +
Tuesday: Plyo X
Wednesday:Total body +
Thursday:Core Synergistics
Friday:Lower (any)
Saturday:YogaX/ or Cardio
Sunday:Stretch X

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Lora- Do you have any details of the Eoin Finn Surf DVD? I couldn't find any details of how long the workouts are or how many are on the DVD's. The video clip looked georgous and relaxing! I think I'll pre order too.

Dallys looks good. I haven't gotten them yet..
Just got back from the store. Stock up on green peppers.. They are going up. Something happened somewhere and i was told by a produce friend that they are going up to 3 bucks a piece..

Where did you find the rotations??
I down loaded the worksheets, but didn't find the rotations...

Christmas crap is officially down.
It is 57 Deg here. Heat wave.. Happy dance...
No weeks off here either.. I get lazy then..don't want to get back to it..

Anne
AKA
Storm

I won me 3 versa loops. Cool .. 12 bucks. I was gonna just buy them, but figured i would try to get them cheap..
Happy Happy..
Yes..
Figured for ankle band work they would be great..
Gonna go make some muffind for breakfast.
Have a great day all..

Anne
AKA
Storm

Anne- You will get a little book of the rotations when you get the workouts. But, here are the Classic + and Lean + rotations. This should keep you busy for awhile.:)

Classic rotation:

Weeks 1-3
Monday - Upper Plus and Abs/Core Plus
Tuesday - Interval X Plus and Abs/Core Plus
Wednesday - Total Body Plus
Thursday - Yoga X
Friday - Upper Plus and Abs/Core Plus
Saturda - Kenpo Plus
Sunday - Rest or X Stretch

Week 4
M - Back and Bis and Ab Ripper X
T - Core Syn
W - CST
Th - Abs/Core Plus and X Stretch
F - Legs and Back
Sat - Yoga X
Sun - Rest or X Stretch

Weeks 5-7
Same as Week 1-3 except
Tuesday - Plyo X

Week 8
M - S&B
T - Core Syn
W - S&A
Th - Abs/Core Plus and X Stretch
Sat - Yoga X
Sun - Rest or X Stretch

Weeks 9 and 11
Same as Weeks 1-3

Weeks 10 and 12
Same as weeks 5-7

--------------------------------------------------------

Lean P90X+ rotation:

Weeks 1-3
Total Body Plus
Interval X and Abs/Core
Kenpo Cardio +
Upper Plus & Abs/Core
Yoga X
Core Synergistics
Rest or X stretch

Week 4
Yoga X
Interval X+ and Abs/Core
Kenpo Cardio +
Total Body +
X Stretch
Interval X+
Rest or X Stretch

Weeks 5-7
Total Body +
Interval X and Abs/Core
Upper Plus & Abs/Core
Yoga X
Core Synergistics
Kenpo Cardio +
Rest or X Stretch

Week 8
Yoga X
Interval X+ and Abs/Core
Kenpo Cardio +
Total Body +
X Stretch
Interval X+
Rest or X Stretch

Weeks 9 & 11
Upper + and Abs/Core
Core Synergistics
Interval X + and Abs/Core
Yoga X
Total Body +
Kenpo Cardio +
Rest or X Stretch

Weeks 10 & 12
Total Body +
Interval X + and Abs/Core
Core Synergistics
Yoga X
Upper + and Abs/Core
Kenpo Cardio +
Rest or X Stretch

Dallys- thanks for the rotation ideas. I was going to start a rotation tomorrow....since my DH most likely won't need the DVDs I do on the days I do.........but now I'm waffling......as I wanted to try an NROL and Afterburn workout out of curiousity before I commit. I will decide here in a little bit. I read about Eion's DVD over at VF. Someone posted the details of the premixes (if my memory serves me correctly), but I can't remember specifics. I posted the link to preorder at Amazon on the yoga checkin if you want to link to it. I think it's gonna be great! I can't wait. I will use it when I'm doing P90X. I wish I had time to do the doubles routine....but that involves too many showers.....and I be lazy!

I just got back from Dick's. Got a chinup bar to put in the living room so I can do them upstairs and got a pair of those elbow hanging ab thingies. YAY!!! I'm all set to X it out!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Bionics,

Thanks for keeping us up to speed with your P90X schedules.

Well I did a 18mi bike ride today. Weather was excellent, and in the mid 60's here. Felt like I had energy today. Yesterday no energy...80 year old woman is what I felt like. In the morning today, I did ab work to LIS and BM2. Immediately after bike ride, went and did chest work. Found one of Debbie's rotations for chest work (hers rock so I was happy to do it). Here is what I did:

BB Bench Press:

55# 12 reps
75# 7 reps
85# 3 sets 5
80# 5 reps

BB Incline Press:

55# 10 reps
70# 3 sets/5

DB Decline Press:

25's 12 reps
30's 3 sets/10
25's 12 reps

I know my weights is not as high as Deb's for chest, but my chest felt like it was stinging when I got done so I am happy about that. Thanks, Deb!

I just came in from loads of yard work. The weather was beautiful today and their is forcasts of icy cold weather starting tomorrow. I really enjoyed working outside with dh. I think I may have got a sunburn. We are still trying to trim tree limbs that are hanging and basically clean up from that ice storm.

Dallys, thanks for your ideas for the new P90X+ workouts. I know nothing is set in stone. I just want to look like Traci? She has awesome abs. Not to big. I wonder how much cardio and what she does?? Still all comes down to diet and exercise. I love to eat:D Just have to eat right.

Anne, that is great that you won the versa loops.

Lora, so you are going to be able to start P90X+? I guess that would work if you are on a different workout:) That is cool on Eoin Finn's new workout. I had done his surf vid clip when we were camping in Oct..

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hi all!

I did Kenpo from P90X+ today. All I can say is that it was NOT my favorite workout. I just didn't feel challenged at all cardio wise so I think will sub a different kickbox workout for it next week.

Diane Sue- I think I will be adding a bit more cardio next week but think I will hold off on legs-they seemed to get a pretty good workout in total body. If I have more time maybe.

Charlotte-What a GREAT day for a bike ride! That chest workout looks awesome-I would love to be lifting that heavy soon:)

Have a great night everyone!

Coni

Coni - I don't think Kenpo X Plus is very intense either. Next time I do it, I'll modify up and see how it goes. I always have to modify up for the original Kenpo...as it's not intense enough either.

Diane Sue - I guess I'm starting an X plus rotation tomorrow. I've got my chin up bar upstairs now and the hanging ab arm holders. I'm a little hesitant to starting cuz I know I'll have other workouts I want to do and go off the rotation....but I will try. I think I'm going to play around and rotate between Classic/Lean and tweak it a bit here and there. I doubt if I'll take a rest day......more like a recovery workout day.

Dallys- I looked at NROL and Afterburn to see about doing a workout or two this week, but since the workouts get progressively harder and it looks like it should be followed in a rotation, I guess I should wait until I'm ready to devote time.........or heck, maybe I'll get bored with my X rotation and try a couple of those workouts in a couple weeks. Decisions, decisions.

Lora- Yeah, it's hard to decide what rotation to do when there are so many to choose from. Normally, 3 weeks is all I can take of a rotation and then I get antsy. I fight my inner demon to keep going. Sometimes I can do it and sometimes not.

Diane Sue- Can't believe you got a sunburn! Here I am sliding all over the roads today from a snow storm. Tracy does look great... just right, I think. From reading her thread, she really does P90X and other Beachbody stuff. She also runs. She must really eat well to have abs like that. I remember quite awhile back that she was nervous to change to the P90X food plan, because the P90 eating plan worked so well for her. (I could be wrong, but that's what my brain remembers) She used to be "Food Nazi" over on the Beachbody forum. You could probably still find her P90 thread and her P90X thread is still going and has like a gazillion pages.

Coni- Nice to hear that you think Total body + has enough leg work.:)

Char- Bike ride?? Whaaaaa!!!! :p I shoveled snow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.