Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Dec 2

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I don't feel like doing anything this morning.......but I'm going to go to some Spinning and probably some yoga. Be back later.

I ended up doing Spinervals Lean & Mean. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 520 calories. This workout doesn't really get your HR that high cuz most of the intervals are on the short side. I also did Rapid Results PIlates Butt and Legs segment 10" and Yoga Journal - The Great Instructors - with Baron Baptiste - Power Yoga Foundations practice 80". This was a bit on the tougher side.

My pain is flaring horribly. I have a really bad muscle spasm from the base of my skull on the right all the way down to my sciatic nerve. It's probably a combination of stress/anxiety, weather change and possibly some of the over head weighted movements I did the other day. I'll be glad once I get a couple of weeks at my new job out of the way! I hate starting new jobs. You think I"d be used to it by now!

Toasty -what did you think of The Mist? We are going to see Awake today.

Have great workouts. I'm eating breakfast and then going to soak my spasmed body in an Epsom salt and Lush bath and use my Girls Love Vanilla Whipped Cream. Trying to enjoy my last day of freedom.

ETA: If you know anyone interested in Amy Bento's Hi Lo Dome Challenge, I have a copy for sale on Ebay for $10. My user name is lorajc946 over there.

Whatcha talking about??? You know something I don't? I am checking out the video's tonight when I get home. I plan on doing ab work from one of them.

Char ?? I was only kidding on the butt.. You are teeny.. LOL..
Or did ya mean the keto diet( is atkins basically)..

I am doing legs 4ds , cardio and abs ..

Diane Sue, have fun.
Deb, surprised that you are doing total body. MM..
You will do awesome no matter what you do..
Did ya eat some good junk??

Hello everyone..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Diane Sue - I've been meaning to ask if you got your Ravi & Ana DVD yet? I was just thinking about starting my new job and something from one of the DVDs popped in my head -- Ana says that fear is just excitement without the breath..........so when I think about how fearful I am of starting my new job tomorrow.......I guess all I have to do is breathe thru it, right?? I'll be interested to see what you think of Quick Fixes Yoga with Ravi & Ana. Breath of Fire is strange to do at first, but believe it or not, it gets sort of addicting. I find myself doing it in my traditional yoga poses sometimes if I want to get into a pose deeper. Have you ever tried Kashi's protein bars? I bought some from Walmart cuz they were lower in calories than the Cliff Bars and they are awful. Do Cliff Bars taste good? I'll have to go to Target and look for the kids ones cuz the adult ones have 300 calories or so! I ended up finding some good Kashi granola bars in the Organic Section at the store ....Honey Almond Flaxseed with 7 grams of protein and low sugar and 140 calories and also Black Chocolate Cherry ones that are awesome with low sugar, but the protein is only 5 grams in them.

I can't wait until I start taking my rest days on Sunday's. I just have no desire to workout on Sunday's anymore. Anyways, today was cardio. I did Cardio Coach #7 and did excellent with it. I'm going to keep track of the way I'm doing this particular workout until I reach my goals with it.

[font color=indigo]Challenge #1:[/font] 1st 3 min. sprint was done at 6 mph. 2nd, 3rd and 4th one was done at 5.7 mph. All sprint intervals were done at an incline of 2. The 2 - 3 min. steady states were done at an incline of 5, 3.5 mph.
[font color=blue]***Goal for this challenge is a 6 mph speed for all four 3 min. sprints.[/font]

[font color=indigo]Challenge #2:[/font] Alternating hill climbs were done at an incline of 10, 3.7 mph. Alternating sprints were done at an incline of 2, 6 mph. 30 seconds rest between each alternating interval.
[font color=blue]***By the 10th inverval which is the 5th sprint I felt like I could go faster. My endurance is really coming along well. I have reached my goal with this challenge, I need to increase my speed next time.[/font]

[font color=indigo]Challenge #3:[/font] 4 min. hill climb was done at an incline of 10, 3.6 mph. Lowered the incline to 9 when I was 2 minutes into the challenge.

[font color=red]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]63 min.
54 min. in zone
363 calories burned (which is BS. My treadmill showed 437 calories burned)
4.1 miles travelled
[/font]

That is all.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Anne - I did this rotation last year at this time and got excellent muscle gain with it. I love doing total body workouts, just not endurance ones anymore. And yes, I had massive junk food yesterday. Enjoyed every bite too! :)

Morning Maniacs! I'm watching the P90X infommercial. It's sykeing(sp?) me up for my workout today.}( I plan on CardioX plus Cathes 4ds Legs.

Lora- I didn't really like the taste of the Kashi bar either. I sometimes eat cliff bars for energy (the original (more carbs) not the higher protein one). I nibble on one throughout a bike ride or if I eat them for a snack, I usually only eat half as they are so dense and filling..plus, I think they are an aquired taste and will grow on you . Their Protien bar is just ok tasting to me..not great, maybe another aquired taste. Their Luna bars are lighter (more like a rice crispy treat) and much more tastey and lower in calories, also more of an energy bar vs. protein bar. Luna bars, to me, are the best tasting of the Clif bars, but not near as filling.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I made it . I am dying..
It was hard picking up the weights with the arms sore..

I did 4ds legs kickbox and abs..
I need to do abs 1st. it is really hard holding the legs up when they are fatigued....

I need to go x-mas shopping and i do not feel like it.. I hate crowds..
Have a great day maniacs..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Lora, I don't eat the protein bars very often. DH eats a bar for his lunch at work. He likes the Zone Perfect chocolate mint ones and the coconut ones or the South Beach snack bars. To me these are a lot like a candy bar. I guess nutrition is somewhat better. I think the healthier they are the worse they taste. Cliff bars do come in smaller sized snack ones too. My preference is the brownie ones. My grandchildren love these too. No I never got that yoga dvd. I would still like to get it. When I canceled my order with Amazon for Ripped and Chiseled I canceled that one too because I would have had to pay shipping since my purchase amount went down. If I remember right they do beathe of fire on Yoga Booty Ballet Masters Yoga/core. I think how you breathe can help you relax and would definitely help get through stressful situations.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Maniacs!!!

Did 30 mins of the new 4 Day Split Kickboxing cardio plus abs. Feeling like I might be getting. Very tired and dh might be having kidney stone attack again. We are a mess here.

Good news though..dd ditched her no good friend. Found out the truth about her as I was TRYING to tell her. She is a thief and a liar. She has been home alittle more too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.