Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Sunday August 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did P90X Kenpo X listening to my own music. I was dreading this (sick of it) but with my own music, I really got into it and had a good time. Of course, I kept moving when he stops and double timed some of the moves or added plyo/hops to them to make it more intense. I then did Mark Blanchard's Progressive Power Yoga Volume 2 (a little over 90 minutes).

I really enjoyed this yoga volume. This was my first time doing it. I really wish they had premixes with shorter practices. It was very challenging and felt really good at the same time. I think it's my favorite Mark so far. Of course, I omitted the headstand (due to my disc problems) and couldn't do some of the arm balances or poses where they bring their leg up behind their shoulder, but it felt good to do the beginnings of these postures and had a lot of different variety poses that aren't in my other yoga DVDs. All of that being said, I may not be walking tomorrow. Don't know how I'm going to be able to even do the Functional Fitness workout I have planned for tomorrow.....at least the way I feel now. }(

Have great workouts everyone or rest days. Speaking of rest days, I really have to try to force myself to take one this week. I always wake up on Saturdays (my scheduled rest day) feeling refreshed and well rested so I work out!

I'll be back later....off to soak in my Lush tub with my Marathon bubble bar....for sore muscles...just what I need.

Charlotte - How's your E-bay business going? Have you sold anything yet? I thought it was going to be a bad week for me cuz the Halloween update is supposed to occur some time towards the end of this month, but a new person bought 7 packs off of me, so I ended up making a little to save for the update.

Hello everyone!
I had a great trip to London, with the exception of the terrist threat and airports!
I managed to work out a bit, got a gym pass for a week, did kickbox, spin, body pump, but ate like crap!!! Really like crap, and managed to believe it or not, gain 10lbs!
I hope everyone is well, and have great workouts. I didnt have computer access, so i'm not sure what everyone is up to, i'll try to catch up!
Steph

Lora - I wish I could do workouts with my own music. Isn't it hard listening to what steps to do next when you have your own music on?

Diane Sue - thanks for the breakdown on that dressing. It must be a typo for 1 cup and it should be 2 tbsp. instead.

Charlotte - I didn't know you had an Ebay business, what do you sell and where do you get the stuff?

Morning ladies. I think I am going to do a week of full body w/o's .
Today i think will be power hour. I need a change up from the splits.
Maybe a ctx cardio every day also.1 1/2 hrs are my limit.
I am trying to catch up w/ you ladies...
I can't w/o to a tape with my own music. Only if i am doing my own thing.
Charolette, doesn't e-bay drive you nuts. I just put some stuff on and the dumbest ?'s. Will you ship to europe? I have US and canada only.
No, Not for a 3.00 dvd.It would cost over 20 bucks to ship it.Then they would complain again.then you have to fill out customs papers for it. Pain in the butt.
Or, you have it marked will combine shipping, and they still ask trying to get it cheaper.Or, they want media mail which takes foreverrrrrrr. I hate using it because they complain about it taking so long.I like to get stuff out as soon as they pay. I know i hate waiting for things.
I want it now.....
I am waiting on my weights.
Well, think i am going to get moving here.

I did get 90 bucks out of my p90 x. I was shocked.It is brand new though.
No offense Lora , not my thing.
hve a great day.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Debbie - With most Beachbody workouts, they have the caption at the bottom of the screen saying what move they're doing and how much time is left in the workout. I like that cuz I don't need to hear the TV and I know how hard to push with the amount of time left. With DVDs that don't have the captions, I usually turn the TV loud enough that I can hear the voice a bit.....so I can follow better. The "own music" thing doesn't really work with more complex step like Cathe's. I also like her music on her weight DVDs, so I always listen to Cathe. I tend to do all of my Beachbody workouts or athletic based cardio/rebounder, and even Tae Bo's to my own music. Sometimes you can't follow perfectly, but it's a lot more fun to me that way.

Anne - no offense taken......I tend to like most Beachbody stuff and all of Tony's stuff. I like goofy Tony. I like P90X cuz you can do as many reps as you want and concentrate on either on low reps and super heavy or lighter weights and higher reps. I'm not very picky with what I like....and have a wide range of what I like.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday was very busy. No workouts. Today I rode my bike about 10 miles again....interesting, as my heart rate did not go up as high on the same hills I go on. I still need to do PUB. Have not got that in yet.

We picked out our new home. We are very happy with it. We looked at alot of homes on friday and saw a gorgeous victorian home from 1918 that was fully restored, as if brand new in everyway. No room for weight equipment so we pouted away...darn it! Our new home will be EXACTLY what we want though. I was surprised at some of the homes we did see and how much people were asking for them...we were like..."yeah, right"! LOL! One house had cat vomit and diarrhea all over the carpets and some areas of the carpet ripped to shreds from the cats. As soon as realtor open the door, I almost fell over from the smell. That was all I needed and I was back in the car. Some of the other homes were really dated and I just couldn't deal with it.

Girls,

I have not started ebay yet. Probably won't until we get into our new home in mid September. Gonna be so dag gone busy packing.

Lora,

Did you listen to Deftones yet? Do you like them?

I hope you all have a excellent day!

Charlotte~~

This morning I did the original IMAX workout. That one reminds me a lot of IMAX 3 except a lot less intense. She does short step routines and then the intervals are hard but not too bad. Wish there was better music on this one, it would be a perfect workout. I was in my zone for 41 minutes and burned 315 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts today. The humidity is gone! Yay!!!

Morning ladies.
Glad to see you back Steph! You will be back on track in no time.
Charlotte, that's great that you found a new home. I wish you the best of luck wiht it.
Lora, I find that sometimes my own music gives me that extra motivation I need.
Deb, I have never done the original Imax, sounds pretty good though
Anne, that's awesome you got that much $ for P90x

I did no WO yesterday since we were at a party till 8:30 and by the time I got home, my head was so full of snot I could hardly breath! Sorry. In other words, I felt lower then crap LOL! Still feel pretty bad today, but I am doing housework and hope to get a WO in later. On a good note, my shoulder/neck feels fine.

Have a great day. BBL.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/152/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

Well , Power hour went well. It was tough today. I had to drop the weights down quite a bit . I haven't done it in a while.
I still feel like i had a good workout.
I think i have been doing strength training and not the endurance for a while. I went a little heavier than Cathe and wowza. The major reps.
Well, shower time ...
Anne
http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good afternoon,
Today is a rest day for me. I spent my morning at church with my two daughters,son in law, and grandchildren. Family time is so fulfilling. It was also promotion Sunday so the children moved their classrooms.:)

Charlotte, that is great that you found a house. The house behind ours is very old. The rooms are extremely small. I think that must be standard for older homes. It is so cool though because it has 3 floors back stairs and front stairs a huge fish containing pond (almost a mini lake) lots of land and a gazebo, and a small guest house. It was for sale when we bought ours so we walked through it. Have fun packing. Packing can be good so you can clear out a lot of junk:)

Debbie, it is funny I remember Interval Max and thought it was so hard at first. Now it just feels like it is in the upper end of moderate intensity. On that dressing recipe I went for 2 TBS as that is what most salad dressing bottles use as a serving.

Stephanie, I am glad to have you back. Good to hear your London vacation was enjoyable. I am sure from what I have heard that those airports were bad. Today I heard someone say they spent 4 hours in the airport waiting to leave.

Meaghan, hope you get in your workout:)

Diane Sue

http://wd.1ww.us

Diane Sue - same here about Imax, I use to think it was so hard. LOL! I just tried the Honey Dijon dressing. I'm not sure if I like it yet. All I really taste is the yogurt, I can't taste the honey at all. I only had balasmic raspberry vinegar so I'm not sure if thats why but I don't even taste that. Bummer. I mean, its not bad, but just not as tasty as I thought it would be.

Hi Ladies- Sounds like everyone's getting good workouts in today.

Charlotte - No, I haven't listened to that CD yet. I've been on a Buckcherry binge still.......getting psyched for the concert on Tuesday evening. Congrats on finding a house. I can't believe you sold your house and didn't have one picked out yet. I'd be freakin!

Diana Sue - I meant to mention that I preordered the 2 new Jari Love's on Amazon.com. They won't be out until November but I got them for cheap. It's Get Ripped and Chiseled and Get Ripped 1000. I'm sure they're a bit harder than the last set since she says her workouts are supposed to get progressively harder. I like to do her DVDs with my own music cuz they're easy to follow.

Hi everyone
I feel like a slob today! I hope i can get back to normal tomorrow.
Diane Sue, the airport leaving London was insane! Infrared cameras, photos taken, searches, we were there about 5 hours ahead of time to get out, but we did.
London is incredible! The food is too good! Went shopping everyday, saw the London dungeons, went to museums, it was nice. I havent been on vacation in about 2 years, so it was time.
I did a kickbox class that was sparring with a partner. I was intense to say the least.
Megadoo, i hope all is well with you son and you're feeling good!
Charlotte, awesome about the house, congratulations.
Everyone else, have a wonderful day.
Steph

Well, I did PUB. I did abs first, and added a bunch of other ab moves. My rotation called for straight cardio also, but I didn't want to push it since I still feel like crap with this cold. So, I will do the cardio tomorrow, and maybe some legs too.
Thanks Steph!:)

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/152/.png[/img] [/url]

Debbie, I kind of thought the dressing could use some onion or maybe a little garlic for flavor. The salad I ate had some onion in it so I think that added some flavor. Even most of the bottled sweet salad dressings have spices in them which were not in it. I think it would depend on what you had on your salad.
When I made my raspberry vinegrette I added some stuff for flavor to it. Sorry, I am on Bill's laptop and posted under his name. LOL
Diane Sue

Good evening,
Dh and I went out and got dinner at Back Yard Burger. I have never been there. It was a not a good experience. I ordered a baked potato and salad. They came to the table with the food and said no potato. Then Dh had to go to the register and ask for the money back for the potato I did not get. Won't return.

Lora, thanks on the info on Jari's new workouts.

Maeghan, good for you getting something in.

Stephanie, what all did you see in London? I have seen the Wax museum, the London Zoo, Buckingham Palace, the Crown Jewels. I was there as a child. I even saw the London Bridge when it was still there. Such an interesting city.

Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Thanks Diane Sue! Sorry your dinner was not so good. I hope the salad was good atleast! Geesh!

London does sound like a great place to vacation!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.