Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday April 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Cardio Coach 1 on the Treadmill on the 2nd incline and then I put on my 8 lb weight vest, put the treadmill on the 3rd incline and did Candace's Walk Fit. Workout with cool/down & stretch was 62" and I burned 552 calories. I did all of the level 3 intervals in CC at about a 4 and got my HR up in the 160's which is pretty good for me. When I put that weight vest on to do the walking portion....my legs felt like lead. Didn't think I'd make it thru, but I did.

I also did the Stability Ball segment of Tracey's CoreBlast and then did Spinervals Flexible Warrior for Runners & Swimmers.

I'm really trying to cut back on my food intake to lose weight, but I'm PMSing and it hasn't been easy so far.

I think we're going to see that movie Deception today since we have free movie passes.

Have great rest days or workouts everyone. I'll be back later.

Diane - I previewed Tracey's Circuit workout. It looks good. I'm going to do it tomorrow. Not much "straight cardio" in it....more like plyo leg segments and the warmup is kickboxing. The end is the foam roller massage. I'll probably have to do a premix tomorrow that is shorter cuz the entire workout is 70" and I'm not sure I'll have that much time before work...especially on the first run thru...as it usually takes me longer fumbling with equipment. It uses the foam roller, Bosu, step, ankle band and a Kettlebell is optional...but it only looks like she does pullovers with it.

Good Morning, today is a rest day. This next week is my 3 total body workouts and circuits. I am looking forward to it after the two weeks of heavy. Hopefully I will get Tracey's and be able to work them in.

Lora, thanks for the info on Tracey's Circuit. How did you like the core one? Did the foam roller part look good? Did you see Amy's plans for new workouts that are upcoming for fall??

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning all. Getting in on my weekly visit..
I have been aching for 2 days here. I over dod the legs . I did 140 on the leg press then plea squats with 80 and the inner and outer thigh machines and 80 for lunges and 60 for 1 legged squats then i figured 45 of cardio. My legs were numb ..
Going out there today to do upper body.. I have a lot to get done . Have to go mow at the property..Building soon hopefully..
Get the flower pots done at the shop .
I am trying to get rid of some cramps here on top of it..
Sorry i have not been on. Just no time..
After tanning season..I will have some time..If i am not cutting, it is the phone and towels and cleaning. Been a little hectic..

Take care all.

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Took a rest day yesterday instead of today as hubby wanted to get a car...2007 Black Lincoln Town Car. Got home and had little time to do much else.

Today I am gonna work biceps/triceps.

In response to looking muscular....

I love this look too and I too want to see the effort that I put into my workouts. Who doesn't. I personally don't like looking "too soft" and like being at about 14-15% bodyfat. I know I will never have massive amounts of muscle being ectomorph, but I do like the way the women look in the Oxygen magazine, in general. Not the ones that are on roids..and some are.

Diane Sue - I think I read something about another Kettlebell workout in the future for Amy...but I can't remember what else. What else is she coming out with? I only did that small 5" minute ball segment from Tracey's (running short on time cuz I slept in too long). I haven't looked at the other parts...but her core work is always outstanding. I think it has a standing med ball segment, weighted segment, Bosu segment and Ball segment. I only watched the first minute of the foam roller segment and then took the DVD out...as it was late when I was reviewing. It's only 7 minutes long....so it can't be that thorough. I don't use my foam roller often enough cuz it hurts like the dickens when I do use it...which makes me not want to use it! LOL. How many grams of protein do people who work out like us need a day?

Toasty - I put a bunch of partial BPAL bottles up for sale on my BPAL sales thread. I have everything from Smut to Midnight Kiss to White Phoenix and more. Check it out and see if you want anything. My prices are low.

Neck/shoulder feels pretty good today. Still a little tight but not bad. DH rubbed it out for me and it felt really good last night. I decided to go ahead with my workout this morning. And I actually was looking forward to it, too. That's unusual for me on Leg day.

1 min. rest between each set

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Leg Extensions:
110# - 12/12/12 (up 10#)
[font color=green]Dropped weight after the 3rd set to 90# and repped out at 12 reps.[/font]
[font color=blue]***This exercise felt great. Quads got a great burn.[/font]

Squats:
85# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Same weight as last week but lower back felt great so I went parallel. I can't do that when my low back is tight.[/font]

Leg Press:
140# - 12/12/12 (up 10#)
[font color=blue]***Wow, I felt this all over. Last set was tough.[/font]

Hack Squats:
85# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***These sort of fatigued the neck/shoulder area but not too bad. Could have gone heavier but didn't want to chance it.[/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS[/font]
Elevated SLDL's:
85# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Last week I did 90# but only 2 sets/10 reps because of my low back.[/font]

Hamstring Curls
55# - 12/12/10
[font color=green]Dropped weight after 3rd set to 45# and repped out at 8 reps.[/font]
[font color=blue]***Stayed the same with the weight. Hamstrings were toast and failed quickly. They don't like 1 min. rests.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CALVES[/font]
Gym Style Calf Raises
[font color=blue]***Did these instead of the barbell calf raises because of my neck/shoulder.[/font]

That is all....

This ended the 4 week rotation I was doing and I'm trying to figure out if I should repeat it. I'd like to get one more day of cardio in so I may tweak it a bit.

Legs are really toast. They were shaking when I was finished. Did GS stretch.

Lora, this is what Amy has down on her forums for fall. Dome Dynamics (all cardio routine using the Bosu this will be an athletic, steady state cardio workout with an abs section using Bosu)
Strength Dynamics (all resistance training format will be revealed when we formally announce presale)
Kettle Bell Dynamics (advanced kettle bell training workout)
Abs & Stretch 2 (same format as first DVD)
Hi/lo Dynamics (stead state Hi/lo athletic style cardio workout)
Hip Hip Walk Dynamics (this is tentative…If I am able to fit it in the budget. She is also is working on 2 10 min solutions and a Step Challenge 3. I believe you are supposed to have between 1 and 1 1/2 gms protein per pound of body weight. Right now mine is running around 120-140 a day which works well for me.

Great workout Debbie. I have a dread of lower body workouts. Most of the time I want to do them early in the week to get it out of the way:)

Anne, sounds like you are working it! Busy as usualy too:)

Morning Maniacs! I had a rest day yesterday - except we moved furniture - so not totally rest.

Today I ran the hilly neighborhood - total time was 45 minutes - HR got up to 178 for max and average was 145. The new HRM says I burned 350 calories. The treadmill estimates the calories much higher, so I am a bit bummed because I get my HR up so high on these hills in the hood.

All - my new HRM is a MIO shape and it says it uses your age and weight to calculate calories burned and then it also uses your HR. It is strapless and has the EKG technology. Does anyone know how accurate are these calorie burning estimates?

Anyway, I am sticking to cardio this week because I leave Weds. for vacation. I am taking my running shoes and plan to snorkel a lot.

Debbie, man you are doing really well! I am glad you neck is better.

Diane / Lora - have you all done the Amy Bento dome workout? Let me know what you think.

Lora - I am taking the action hero workout with me on vacation. I can use paper plates and to most of the moves without equipment.

Thanks guys - as always, have a great day.

Ally, I have been looking at HR Monitors. I was hoping to get one for Mothers Day. Academy Sports has the one you bought. I think Lora has Mio Ultimate. I have the Amy Bento Hi/Lo Dome workout. It has Hi/Lo and then the Dome workout is the bonus workout and is only about 25 minutes. I like it. It has some decent core work in it. Lower body is only about 5 minutes of holding a woody bag or weight so that you kind of hit it as a compound upper and lower move. That first 5 minutes is somewhat cardiovascular. The rest is mostly seated on the dome. I have used this workout added to others or repeated it twice and felt like it was decent that way. Not sorry I have it. I was hoping it would be incorporated in the premixes but it is not. I really enjoy the hi/lo on this one too.

I have the Mio Drive model. I want the Ultimate...but couldn't afford it last time. I love my Mio. It takes a little bit to get used to pausing for a few seconds to get your HR on the finger pads, but once you get used to it, it's fine. The key with the strapless monitors is to make sure to take your HR during the warm/up, cool/down, at the peaks and lows of your sessions so you get a good average range. I think they are pretty accurate.....but don't live by them. It's basically an average on all of the readings you got throughout....but I think averages are good enough. It's not like you plan your diet around it or anything.

Diane Sue - better start saving lots of money for all of these good upcoming workouts.

Finished my bicep/tricep workout. I will post tomorrow morning as I left my sheet downstairs.

Been a good weekend. Dh and I are spending more time together now that the kids are doing their own thing.

Talk to ya'll in the morning. Later~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.