Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Sunday, 4/25

Good Morning -

Lora - I saw your post from last night. That's incredible :eek: ! I'm surprised the vet had seen ANY cases like that before. I guess it's pretty common for a cat (or dog) to have trouble with weight gain after being spayed/neutered. What would you call that procedure for a kitty like yours ... speutered :confused: :p ;) ? We have a cat that, up until now, I thought was really unusual: Ollie. He's HUGE. After he was fixed, I put him on a diet. I had to. We can free feed our other cats, but ... I guess he's an emotional eater or something, and he's VERY emotional. I put the cat dish up on a shelf the other cats could jump too but Ollie couldn't (too tubby to get up that high). He got very stressed (I guess) and started pulling out his fur and leaving it in the water dish. We took him to the vet. She examined him and watched him for awhile and said he's probably just kind of "touched (as in mental illness)." I guess some cats, just like people, can struggle with that. He's also really bad about grooming (which is kind of unusual for a cat). I think though, that may be due in part to his overwhelming amount of surface area. He simply may not have enough kitty spit. Maybe he just can't reach. He does keep his paws looking really nice :confused: . He's the sweetest, most loving and funny cat, though. We just love him for who he is ~ whatever that means?!! I think sometimes the really unique pets end up being the one's we develop special bonds with - your little critter is the most unique kitty I've ever heard of! That's a great story!

Hermia - Sounds like you've been very busy. Glad you enjoyed your workout :D!

Diane Sue - I think you mentioned having trouble with Windmills on one side. After you mentioned that, I noticed that as well on my left side. I struggle with "feeling it" in my lat/back the way I do (much more easily) on my right. And overall, the movement just feels more awkward and "shakey." My left side is my weaker side. Odd, because I'm left-handed. Not sure why that is.

Cardio and Back today. Yesterday, I ended up just doing biceps and chest Slow and Heavy. I added on Amy's Concentration Barbell curls and Biceps Bonfire (ouch) for biceps and the Around The World's for chest.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Lori

Morning Maniacs--

I'm off today, but the stress from yesterday has flared my pain and my stomach. I did Cardio Combat Surge with Kimberly Spreen. I only used a 3# bar and 4# ball cuz I didn't want to make my side pain or shoulders worse. Sadly, I've reinjured my left hamstring that was injured for well over a year. I still... had a decent workout, but I had to up the intensity in this a bit. I didn't really have fun. At one point she says pretend your hitting something like a non-person cuz you're not a violent person! and I thought.........no, I don't think so, I'd like to smash the shit out that chick at work! Am I demented? Workout was 65" and I burned 648 calories. Max HR was 163. I also did Back in Shape back dvd...but it didn't really help a whole lot.

Lori - yes, I have 3 cats and my middle child is also an emotional eater. He is huge and weighs 22 pounds. Recently he had to have a barium enema, as he had a total blockage down there. Found out he has an enlarged colon. He's always been an emotional eater. My doc says it is very important that we don't let him over eat now with his condition. He does daily cat lax too to try to keep things moving! They are my children and I love them dearly. They are all unique and special and their own way, but I don't think anyone beats little Brookie. Her name is Brooklyn but we call her Brookie! My oldest cat is 15 plus....so I'm not sure how much longer he'll be around. The longest we ever had one was 17 years. Always hurts to lose them, but the joy of getting a new one.....sort of fills that void from the loss. Not that it replaces them.....but just makes it easier...right?

Have a great Sunday everyone. Going to the cheap theatre to see something. Hope it's half decent.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.